Old 12-07-2011, 07:59 PM   #441
barnes

How Do You Identify?:
butch tg
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
single

barnes Has the BEST Reputationbarnes Has the BEST Reputationbarnes Has the BEST Reputationbarnes Has the BEST Reputationbarnes Has the BEST Reputationbarnes Has the BEST Reputationbarnes Has the BEST Reputationbarnes Has the BEST Reputationbarnes Has the BEST Reputationbarnes Has the BEST Reputationbarnes Has the BEST Reputation

" i spit on your grave "
the new version incredible movie ! a must c!
barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 08:02 PM   #442
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation
Default It's a wonderful Life....

Touches the heart in such a loving way. I always cry at this movie....I pray that I always will.

Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2011, 08:49 PM   #443
SoNotHer

How Do You Identify?:
Professional Sandbagger and Jenga Zumba Instructor

Location: In the master control room of my world domination dreams
Thanked 4,736 Times in 1,409 Posts
SoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST Reputation
Default OK - So I didn't see Downey, Jr. as SH in the first film

because there's only Holmes for me - Jeremy Brett. That said, the trailer for "Game of Shadows" just rocks. So who wants to see this with me?

SoNotHer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SoNotHer For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2011, 10:23 PM   #444
Fancy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
N/A

Thanked 7,097 Times in 2,322 Posts
Fancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST Reputation

Take Shelter...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1675192/

A mind twister, a movie I won't forget.
Fancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 06:48 AM   #445
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

The King's Speech

I loved it!
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 12-13-2011, 12:20 AM   #446
Rook

How Do You Identify?:
A.G - Stone Butch - GenderFuck
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hym, Hyz...or, just b respectable, it's not that hard..

Thanked 3,183 Times in 1,287 Posts
Rook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST Reputation

I saw 3 very very Impressively Good DvD's..
All of them made me think long after the credits rolled....

Adjustment Bureau

The Help

Snow Flower and the Secret Fan
Old 12-13-2011, 12:39 AM   #447
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,661 Times in 7,652 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Beginners - best part was Christopher Plummer coming out after his wife of 40+ years dies. He was very cute and very convincing. Too bad he dies.

Larry Crowne - Tom Hanks and Julia Roberts. Gotta love those hot college professor falls for a non descript middle aged man on a scooter type movies.

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 12-13-2011, 12:42 AM   #448
Deirdre

How Do You Identify?:
Le Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Sugar & Spice (and Merlot)

Deirdre Has the BEST ReputationDeirdre Has the BEST ReputationDeirdre Has the BEST ReputationDeirdre Has the BEST ReputationDeirdre Has the BEST ReputationDeirdre Has the BEST ReputationDeirdre Has the BEST ReputationDeirdre Has the BEST ReputationDeirdre Has the BEST ReputationDeirdre Has the BEST ReputationDeirdre Has the BEST Reputation

Stardust, and I bitched and moaned about how utterly horrific it was for 122 minutes.
Deirdre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 04:40 AM   #449
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,366 Times in 4,171 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

Tree of Life
Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 06:52 AM   #450
NorCalStud

How Do You Identify?:
gaea's Daddy and Fiance
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ours
Relationship Status:
Engaged with gaea:-)

Thanked 1,465 Times in 359 Posts
NorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST Reputation
Default at this motel last nite

Columbiana.

Che
NorCalStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 08:07 AM   #451
storyofmylife

How Do You Identify?:
silly femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly,Madly,Deeply Engaged ♥♡

storyofmylife Has the BEST Reputationstoryofmylife Has the BEST Reputationstoryofmylife Has the BEST Reputationstoryofmylife Has the BEST Reputationstoryofmylife Has the BEST Reputationstoryofmylife Has the BEST Reputationstoryofmylife Has the BEST Reputationstoryofmylife Has the BEST Reputationstoryofmylife Has the BEST Reputationstoryofmylife Has the BEST Reputationstoryofmylife Has the BEST Reputation
Talking

The Notebook...... It would be nice to have that kind of love and devotion in my life one day )

Just Right.... love movies with Happy endings!

I can watch these two over and over again!
When Just Right came out my bestfiriend and I went to the theater and saw it about 5 times the first 2 wks (lol)
storyofmylife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 10:06 AM   #452
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

The Shock Doctrine

Documentary on the implementation of the economic theories of Milton Friedman and his crew at the U of Chicago. These theories posulate that successful free market capitalism depends on deregulation, privatization of the infrastructure, union busting, intimidation and coercion, tax cuts etc - sound familiar?

It highlights how this "disaster" capitalism i.e. inflicting capitalism after inflicting a "disaster" was implimented in Chile (and other SA countries), Russia( Gorbachev-Yeltzin era), Great Britian(Thatcher era), and the USA (Nixon -Obama).

It also shows how this ideology has repeatedly made billionaires out of a select few while wreaking economic havoc on the masses.

Had to watch it in segments. Stopped when I hit the wtf stage of comprehension.

Good stuff given the upcoming election season.

Old 12-14-2011, 10:07 AM   #453
smouldering

How Do You Identify?:
Punky girly girl, glittery femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, etc.
Relationship Status:
Single, Recovering

Thanked 3,974 Times in 924 Posts
smouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputation

It was kind of a 2 part series but really good nonetheless

"Bag of Bones based" on a novel by Stephen King
Old 12-14-2011, 11:59 AM   #454
suebee

How Do You Identify?:
TOWANDA!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Queen Bee
Relationship Status:
Good 'n married.

1 Highscore

Location: Eastern Canada. But if I make a wrong turn at the lights I get stopped by a border guard.
Thanked 2,759 Times in 820 Posts
suebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputation

"The Smurfs" with Neil Patrick Harris. We absolutely LOVED it!

So then we decided to go see "The Totally Forgettable New Muppets Movie"......oh. Wait. That wasn't the name. (we left before it was over)

Da is not afraid to admit to having an inner child.
Old 12-14-2011, 07:36 PM   #455
SoNotHer

How Do You Identify?:
Professional Sandbagger and Jenga Zumba Instructor

Location: In the master control room of my world domination dreams
Thanked 4,736 Times in 1,409 Posts
SoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST Reputation

And here's another I cannot wait to see...

The Director of 'Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy': 'It's a Demanding Film'
By Robert Levin

An interview with Tomas Alfredson about his adaptation of John le Carré’s best-selling novel

It’s been helmed by Swedish filmmaker Tomas Alfredson, whose similarly subdued adolescent vampire romance Let the Right One In (2008) earned major accolades while inspiring an acclaimed American remake. So it’s no surprise that the story of George Smiley (Gary Oldman) investigating a Soviet mole at the top of MI6 is rendered in pauses and close-up shots: It explores the burdens of silence and the mysteries in what’s left unsaid.

Gone from this adaptation, written by Bridget O’Connor and Peter Straughan, are the genre’s usual propulsive narrative techniques, like the fast-moving action scene. Instead, there’s a general sense that the filmmaker wants you to do the work, to make the connections that foster an understanding of the combustible shared history of Smiley and his cohorts. Here, Alfredson speaks about his attraction to the material, the process of assembling his all-star cast (Colin Firth, Benedict Cumberbatch, and Tom Hardy are among the many notables) and more. The film opens in Los Angeles and New York today, and heads to wider release in the weeks to come.

What drew you to the material, especially given that the novel already had been brought to the screen in an acclaimed miniseries?

It was the book itself, of course. And also I remember the miniseries, when I must have been 10, 11-years old, seeing it. I didn’t understand much of it, but it was a very intriguing and interesting world to watch. It was also the people that wanted to do it with me, the production company and Mr. le Carré himself. "It is a demanding film. I want it to be demanding."

What about the draw of making a quiet, subtle spy thriller?

I don’t consider this a spy thriller, really. It’s much more about the victims of the Cold War and the sacrifices they made. That was what interested me the most — to actually try to understand what they suffered, these people. For instance, there was a very gripping detail John le Carré described for me: Some of the spies were decorated by the Queen. She would put a medal on their chests and ten minutes afterwards someone would take it away and hide it in a cupboard. I thought that was so, so touching and cruel, and really interesting, what they had to carry.

There is a lot of interesting stuff to explore in silence. If I would, for instance, ask you a question and you don’t answer me, that is also an answer. Silence between people is a very useful cinematic element.

What would you say to the possibility that some audience members might expect something more conventional and leave the film feeling perplexed?

A lot of people involved in the making of films are obsessed with clarity. I think it’s much more interesting to invite the audience to be an active partner in creating the experience. I really love the idea of trusting the audience to look upon them as adults that can have ideas themselves of what’s happening.

It is a demanding film. I want it to be demanding. And it’s quite true to the book as well. If you compare, there are so many films that decide for you what to feel and what to think and what you see. Film can be very decisive for you, but I believe that the more open you get the more the viewer can participate. But it’s not an easy film to watch. We haven’t promised anything else.

Smiley is a tough part to cast for a lot of reasons. What led you to Gary Oldman?

It was very hard to come up with the right idea of who to play Smiley. We struggled with it for six months or something. We almost said, “Let’s not do this. We can’t find the right one to do it.” And Jina Jay, the casting director, came up with this idea and I thought it was a brilliant one, to ask Gary for it. He is like a chameleon. He has done so many and so different kinds of portraits in his career. It would take a lot of courage to stand in front of the camera and have so much screen time without saying so much. And he really knows how to express himself with subtle moves and using his body language to communicate this. We thought that the camera should be like George’s mirror. He’s communicating with the camera. He shows stuff to the camera that he doesn’t show to the other characters around him. So the camera is like his mirror, or his little megaphone.

How hard was it to corral so many gifted actors into the same movie?

It was quite easy after we found Gary and he accepted. It was quite easy to get people on board or into a room for a meeting. I think 95 percent of the cast are first choices. It was easy to get them into the project.

In what sense do you think the film is informed by your outsider perspective, as a Scandinavian making a movie set in ’70s Britain?

I don’t think I know exactly what I see or what I don’t see. Maybe it’s a good thing that I’m a foreigner and that I maybe see stuff that people from the same country don’t see, because they get blind to a lot of stuff that is specific to that culture. I’d seen a lot, as a kid, of British television and I visited England for the first time when I was 7 or 8, in the beginning of the ’70s and I tried to recall my memories from that. [Britain] was quite different from what it is today.

When you make a hit like Let the Right One In, you must be presented with all sorts of offers. In a general sense, what’s your process for choosing a project?

I don’t know. It’s a very emotional thing to choose material to work with. It’s not so important where it’s done or what the budget is. I think a film should have its proper budget and it should be interesting. You should try to see if you can do something with it and deliver something that’s interesting. Otherwise you shouldn’t. So I tried to finalize the work with this film and promote it now and then sit down and have a nice cup of tea and see what’s on the table.

This article available online at:

http://www.theatlantic.com/entertain...g-film/249724/
SoNotHer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SoNotHer For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2011, 08:29 PM   #456
ButchEire
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanent ban 3/17/2013 - TROLL
Relationship Status:
Partner to my best friend

Thanked 1,874 Times in 485 Posts
ButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST Reputation

Hmm, let's see.

Horrible Bosses: Meh
Page Eight: Well done, as is every movie done by Bill Nighy.
Midnight in Paris: Not bad, unique enough to be interesting.
Being John Malkovich: I FINALLY get to see it, after years of wanting to see this flick. It didn't disappoint either.
Margin Call: Meh
50/50: Okay, mildly entertaining.
The Runway: Fun movie, if you're Irish like me, you'll get it.
Columbiana: Pretty good, surprising.
The Thing: Stick to John Carpenter's version.
Breaking Dawn: Zzzzzz.....huh, wha?
ButchEire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ButchEire For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2011, 08:43 PM   #457
kannon

How Do You Identify?:
bloke
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Happy is the heart that believes in angels

Thanked 2,067 Times in 584 Posts
kannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputation

I watched Immortals yesterday. I liked it.
Old 12-14-2011, 10:34 PM   #458
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
her poison apple
Preferred Pronoun?:
b. grrl
Relationship Status:
her favorite snack

Thanked 21,373 Times in 6,723 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation
Default Breaking Dawn Zzzz?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButchEire View Post
Hmm, let's see.

Horrible Bosses: Meh
Page Eight: Well done, as is every movie done by Bill Nighy.
Midnight in Paris: Not bad, unique enough to be interesting.
Being John Malkovich: I FINALLY get to see it, after years of wanting to see this flick. It didn't disappoint either.
Margin Call: Meh
50/50: Okay, mildly entertaining.
The Runway: Fun movie, if you're Irish like me, you'll get it.
Columbiana: Pretty good, surprising.
The Thing: Stick to John Carpenter's version.
Breaking Dawn: Zzzzzz.....huh, wha?
What was so Zzzz about it?? i haven't seen it yet, but kind of want to. I really loved the first two movies..I thought the movies much better than the books actually, I wasn't impressed with Breaking Dawn (as a book) so I've misgivings about seeing the movie..god, I should just see it and get it over with
kittygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2011, 10:53 PM   #459
ButchEire
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanent ban 3/17/2013 - TROLL
Relationship Status:
Partner to my best friend

Thanked 1,874 Times in 485 Posts
ButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST Reputation

I enjoyed the first Twilight movies as well, but felt this one dragged out. It's almost like Harry Potter's last two; dragged out what could have been a single movie into two loooong movies.
ButchEire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ButchEire For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2011, 10:06 AM   #460
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Ready. Set. Bag!

Okay it is a documentary about grocery baggers contending to attend the National Bag Off Championship in Vegas. Love the plaques with the open paper bag sitting on it.

It is weird but I loved this movie. Could be cuz I am a bagger of old who thinks proper bagging is an art form. It was nice to see them show how to correctly square a bag - cans and boxes at the bottom, glass in the center, paper/boxes on the sides, top with crushables. Pack heavy to light, evenly dispersing weight. Harder than it sounds when speed is factored in.

They follow a number of individuals contending to go to the competition which was cool cuz they went from part time teenagers, to fulltime older career baggers, to retirees....all talking about both their lives and their jobs/careers. It's nice to see people proud of their work, wanting to be better at it, and getting a chance to compete.

Yeah I'm weird but I got a thing about bagging groceries correctly.

Tags
film, movie