Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > GENDER AND IDENTITY > The Trans Zone

Old 06-01-2010, 05:31 PM   #61
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,293 Posts
Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
Congrats! That's a regular expensive cost covered.
Thanks Its good to get that piano off my back.
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 06:11 PM   #62
theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

Thanked 9,864 Times in 2,473 Posts
theoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Let's see.....it took about a good year, or better, for my voice to drop all the way. I can't sing anymore.

I must have hairy lineage because my beard started to fill in the first year and here at 3.5 years, my legs and arms are pretty hairy and I have a nice crop of chest and tummy hair. I'm lucky in the facial hair department, too, and have no problem growing a nice (trimmed) full beard. Right now, due to the heat and my work, I'm just keeping a close trimmed mustache and goatee, with earlobe-long sideburns, and everyone seems to think that looks very nice on me.

I'm also hot natured (my endocrine system doesn't work quite right) and I was raised in the deep (humid) Deep South, so I already had a bazillion sweat glands. Add T to that mix and....ya....well, I sweat by the buckets. I drip, especially from my head (hence my keeping a nice military style buzz cut) and my back. Oh, and Tabs tells me that I have back hair, too.

I guess I'm what you'd call a "Bear".

~Theo~
Old 06-01-2010, 06:38 PM   #63
atomiczombie

How Do You Identify?:
Femmesensual Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His
Relationship Status:
Dating

Thanked 3,221 Times in 757 Posts
atomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputation

I am a little bit past the 3 week mark on the gel. Only thing I have noticed is a little acne. But my endo doc started me on a low dose of the gel, and in a week or so after she gets the results of my up-coming blood test, if all looks right she will double what I am applying now. I'm pretty jealous of you guys on the shots and the fast changes you have experienced, but I keep saying to myself, no matter how long it takes, I am on the path and moving in the right direction.

Glad to hear your insurance will pay for your T, Jet. Mine does too, and I was pleasantly surprised.
atomiczombie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to atomiczombie For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2010, 07:33 PM   #64
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

Nothing has happened yet.
When I get facial hair, I'll shave. (it's my style, I actually don't care about a beard and all.)
I start my second week at 200 cc this week.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jet For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2010, 08:08 PM   #65
Sam
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 2/11/2011
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
I'll let you know

Sam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST Reputation

Where do ya'll take your shot usually?

The skin on my hips are getting pretty tough.

As i just injected, im curious.
Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 08:11 PM   #66
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
Where do ya'll take your shot usually?

The skin on my hips are getting pretty tough.

As i just injected, im curious.
Thigh.......after he injected the T my thigh was really sore the next couple of days then it subsided
Old 06-01-2010, 08:24 PM   #67
Sam
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
I'll let you know

Sam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
Thigh.......after he injected the T my thigh was really sore the next couple of days then it subsided
Into the muscle?

i have no issues with soreness in my hip area, my shot giver says that the area is getting tough.
Old 06-01-2010, 08:25 PM   #68
The Oopster

How Do You Identify?:
transgender male
Preferred Pronoun?:
he

2 Highscores

Thanked 2,655 Times in 759 Posts
The Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST Reputation

Take the front part of your upper thigh and split it in half.... i was taught to do it in the outer front half up close to where your underwear briefs would end. There are less veins up there and out there and I find it rarely hurts at all unless i hit a vein by chance. Otherwise i rarely have any soreness. If I do it down too far or in too far i tend to hit a vein or have soreness. I have no explanation to why but for some reason if I do get a lump it's on my left side ... no clue why on the left and not on the right. sometimes it itches too. But never on the right.

I use to give myself b-12 shots all the time further down always had soreness and problems with veins and when I was showed how to do T shots the dr said the trick was to do it in the area i described.

If i'm doing them every week i alternate sides. Now that i'm doing them every 10 days i'm just doing them on the right since that seems to be my easy side
The Oopster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The Oopster For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2010, 08:28 PM   #69
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Ya. I second Oopster's comments. I think it could be related to preferential leg as well as fat distribution (you have more fat on the upper thigh).

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 08:32 PM   #70
Sam
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
I'll let you know

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Oopster View Post
Take the front part of your upper thigh and split it in half.... i was taught to do it in the outer front half up close to where your underwear briefs would end. There are less veins up there and out there and I find it rarely hurts at all unless i hit a vein by chance. Otherwise i rarely have any soreness. If I do it down too far or in too far i tend to hit a vein or have soreness. I have no explanation to why but for some reason if I do get a lump it's on my left side ... no clue why on the left and not on the right. sometimes it itches too. But never on the right.

I use to give myself b-12 shots all the time further down always had soreness and problems with veins and when I was showed how to do T shots the dr said the trick was to do it in the area i described.

If i'm doing them every week i alternate sides. Now that i'm doing them every 10 days i'm just doing them on the right since that seems to be my easy side
Thanks i will try that next week. btw im glad surgery went well for you.
Old 06-02-2010, 05:59 AM   #71
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

here's what he told me last week:

Use the zig zag method on injections. (now I have to call him again; I forgot it) LOL
He injected it in my thigh. Hurtful little bastard.
He started me very slow (100cc) so it won't affect the heart.
Injection is the strongest available method
And injecting the T instead of using oral bypasses the liver.

He also said creams and orals won't deliver, they're too mild. (Hey, this is what he told me.)

I pick 200cc this weekend to administer every other week TFN

Libido will skyrocket
Moods will swing
These are temporary.
I could get acne and baldness if I'm predisposed.

He said, "are you ready for your first injection?"
I said, "hit me."
Old 06-02-2010, 06:05 AM   #72
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Sidebar:

My family will shit. Especially the uncle that I duked it out with over being gay.
Old 06-02-2010, 01:36 PM   #73
The Oopster

How Do You Identify?:
transgender male
Preferred Pronoun?:
he

2 Highscores

Thanked 2,655 Times in 759 Posts
The Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST Reputation

If anyone every needs it I could send ya a copy of the letter I sent my family. It would have to be as a pdf file since my computer was stolen and i'm too lazy to retype the thing. But I could easily scan the copy I saved for myself.

My family was mixed. Brother disowned me, but didn't surprise me. Hardest part has been no contact with my nephews. The youngest just turned 18 but has one more year at home since he was held back. Once he graduates I'm going to send him and his brother a bried note with birthday/graduation/christmas money and let them make their own decisions. Won't go into anything deep within them just let them know that they get to make their own decision and if they ever want to talk about it I'm here and even if they chose not to have me in their life at this time the door is always open.

Parents are better then I thought. It's not a huge topic of discussion and they live 1000 miles away. However I haven't gone home. Sometimes I'd like to but I guess I just don''t want to put them in an uncomfortable situation.
The Oopster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The Oopster For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2010, 07:11 PM   #74
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Correction of typo

I receive 1oo miligrams/1cc
lol
you guys prolly think the doc is crazy
2cc starting this week
Old 06-03-2010, 07:14 PM   #75
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

since i'm going to go thru puberty, do i get to have wet dreams? ha!
Old 06-03-2010, 07:58 PM   #76
Dylan
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 10/2010
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
She thinks all my jokes are corny

Thanked 1,839 Times in 500 Posts
Dylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Correction of typo

lol
2cc starting this week
I was wondering how often you're supposed to do the 2cc

Dylan
Dylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 08:03 PM   #77
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,742 Times in 2,566 Posts
betenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Correction of typo

lol
2cc starting this week
I'm glad you corrected your typo. I was having a good chuckle to myself over the idea of you trying to inject a nearly a full CUP of liquid. Cuz, you know, 200cc = 200ml = nearly a cup. (240-ish ml in a cup)
Old 06-03-2010, 08:51 PM   #78
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan View Post
I was wondering how often you're supposed to do the 2cc

Dylan

starting this week and then every 2 weeks as i understand it.
He initially wrote my Rx for 6 weeks, but then my insurance co. covers rx for 30 days at a time
So he re-prescribed my Rx; when i go pick these up on Saturday, i'll see if he changed the dosage every 2 weeks
bear with, i'm new at this.
Old 06-04-2010, 08:08 PM   #79
T D

How Do You Identify?:
Person of the trans variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Sir, Bro, TD, Stevin
Relationship Status:
On occasion

Thanked 1,123 Times in 310 Posts
T D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST Reputation

Where are you in your transition? Got my first injection today 100mg
How long have you been on T? 2 hours LOL
How much T do you take on a bi weekly or monthly basis? It's gonna be 100mg for a while
How does your body react to your shot intake? So far so good
Are you pre or post op top and or bottom? Pre-op. Was going to do top surgery first, but won't have funds until early next year.

Where and Who did your surgeries? Help others out. If you have questions, ask them here. I'm pretty sure I'll be using Brownstein in SF

I'm 58 years old and have been thinking about this day for over 20 years. My mom had a heart attack in March, and a quadruple bypass. My step dad of nearly 50 years died 25 days later of complications from a heart valve replacement... These two events left me wondering this.... "when is it MY time?" I decided then and there, IT'S NOW!

There ya have it.

added: I meant..... "when is it MY time to LIVE for ME". Just wanted to clarify that

Last edited by T D; 06-04-2010 at 08:20 PM. Reason: to add something
T D is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to T D For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2010, 08:13 PM   #80
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Congrats TD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by T D View Post
Where are you in your transition? Got my first injection today 100mg
How long have you been on T? 2 hours LOL
How much T do you take on a bi weekly or monthly basis? It's gonna be 100mg for a while
How does your body react to your shot intake? So far so good
Are you pre or post op top and or bottom? Pre-op. Was going to do top surgery first, but won't have funds until early next year.

Where and Who did your surgeries? Help others out. If you have questions, ask them here. I'm pretty sure I'll be using Brownstein in SF

I'm 58 years old and have been thinking about this day for over 20 years. My mom had a heart attack in March, and a quadruple bypass. My step dad of nearly 50 years died 25 days later of complications from a heart valve replacement... These two events left me wondering this.... "when is it MY time?" I decided then and there, IT'S NOW!

There ya have it.