Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > LGBT Activism, Allies, ETC.

Old 06-04-2010, 11:07 AM   #21
Spirit Dancer

How Do You Identify?:
Complex but Tender
Preferred Pronoun?:
~Ma`am~
Relationship Status:
Shotgun Rider

Thanked 12,951 Times in 3,466 Posts
Spirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST Reputation

http://www.nashvillepride.org
June 19, 2010
Spirit Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 11:12 AM   #22
ravfem

How Do You Identify?:
i'm a girl
Relationship Status:
negative

Thanked 3,126 Times in 1,269 Posts
ravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputation
Default Atlanta Pride Oct 9-10, 2010

Atlanta Pride moved their celebration to October last year because nothing was allowed in Piedmont Park due to the drought. Now, the change in temperature and more importantly, humidity, between June and October in Atlanta is markedly different. As a heavy sweater (um...person who sweats a lot, as opposed to a wool pullover) i was thrilled, but figured there would be huge backlash over moving it out of June. Luckily, the majority thought it was a good thing and so it's in October again this year. Yay me.

Atlanta Pride
Old 06-04-2010, 11:15 AM   #23
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,871 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Rav! I think that is actually a really good idea as a lot of people can't do heat (winking at Juney).

We are going to try to attend and set up at the Pride festival in Eureka Springs in October because they also have one then. I think they actually have 2 or 3 a year (which ROCKS!)
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2010, 09:56 AM   #24
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

We're about to leave for Pride! I'll take a bunch of pictures and update when we get home

Gotta get down to the ice machine and get about 10 bags of ice and set up the tent before the throngs decend - EXCITED!
The Following User Says Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2010, 11:59 AM   #25
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Thanked 12,949 Times in 3,419 Posts
Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

Things we found worked well with Pride Charlotte:
  • Bottled water - we sold them for $1/bottle. There are a lot of companies that will custom label for you. Some of these companies require the purchse of an entire pallet so instead you can have your own stickers printed and put them on bottles yourself. This eliminates storage problems - the only downside is that the if the bottles are in icy water you will lose the sticker. (Be sure to check the vendor application for an event to be sure you don't have to be a food vendor to sell or give away food/drink or to be sure that you can sell water. Pride Charlotte was the only authorized water vendor and it was spelled out on all of our vendor applications.)
  • Having loads of DumDum pops to give out - these are always a hit
  • Beads, beads, beads!
  • Hand fans with your logo printed on them - especially in the summer
  • Little paper gift bags containing a couple pieces of candy, strand of beads, magnet or other item advertising your organization, etc.
  • A drawing for a cd, dvd, gift card or some other item, requiring no purchase just a sign up with a valid email address.
  • A dog watering station at your tent - especially in the summer. I had to fight with my committee and eventually overrode them (I could do this as Co-Chair) to put these in place.
  • A misting station - if the venue will allow such a thing and it won't make the immediate area too slippery(Gateway Village would not let us install one inside their property but we could have them outside on the street). This is a good draw to your vendor space.
  • Frozen ice cream/popsicle novelities - if you have a really good cooler and can get enough dry ice

Things we found did not work well:
  • Luminaries - not in the summer - candles melt, and people don't like carrying bags of sand.
  • T-shirts never sold well. (With the exception of my final year with Pride Charlotte when we had an incredible design, offered shirts of different colors and sleeveless shirts too. The lesbians snatched up the sleeveless shirts in record numbers.)
  • Balloons - too difficult to man the helium tank and the tent at the same time. Also balloons are a hazard to children and there is nothing more annoying than a drunk inhaling helium

Food item suggestions:
  • Fruit is not a good idea, too perishable.
  • Granola bars or energy bars are good if they don't have chocolate or won't get too gooey in the heat. Chips are good unless the LGBT group from Frito Lay is there and you won't sell much. (See if the organizers will tell you if Frito will have a presence.)
  • Lance crackers, lunchbox size packs of cookies and other non-chocolate snacks or 100 calorie packs are also good.

Check out this site for Pride Festival info: http://www.interpride.org/

Hope this helps. I am a founder of the current Pride Charlotte & spent 3 1/2 years on the committee, 2 as Co-Chair (2007 & 2008) before retiring last year. I'll be happy to help you any way I can. Feel free to PM or email me any time.
Miss Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miss Scarlett For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2010, 01:00 PM   #26
SassyLeo
Is Grateful

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Engaged

Thanked 1,584 Times in 622 Posts
SassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST Reputation

fridge magnets are a great idea... this website seems to be highly rated and has some deals going on through June 11th

http://www.motivators.com/Promotiona...ards-1240.html

people love pens. especially FREE ones. at work, i have custom pens made for several depts and people ask me for extras all the time (then they hoard them ) ...

http://www.motivators.com/Promotiona...om-16-535.html

I, personally am not a person who wears logo type shirts unless it is for a specific purpose, like working a booth or promoting something. Like I wouldn't wear a tshirt just out around town. I am walking and working our Pride for my company. We have basic men's robin blue crewneck tshirts with the company logo and "branding". I kind of modified it to fit me better and make it more feminine...so that is a thought, in terms of what kind of tshirts you might buy.
Old 06-06-2010, 01:32 PM   #27
Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
pervert butch feminist woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

Thanked 7,656 Times in 1,522 Posts
Toughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
too difficult to man the helium tank
How about 'too difficult to staff the helium tank?

Language is slipping again around the use of the word 'man' and 'manned'. If you want a booth manned then you are looking for men. If you want it staffed, then you can find anyone who is willing to volunteer at the booth.

Manned space flight...........how about piloted space flight?

unmanned drones..........how about remote piloted drones?

language is important..........

yes I am a crusty humorless, cranky old feminist who thought we had solved this language thang a long time ago.....

--------------

yeah Dusa and Jack!!!!!!!!!! good ideas and good luck!!!!!!
I will not assimilate

Toughy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Toughy For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2010, 07:46 PM   #28
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

WE'RE BACK!

We are all burnt to a crisp, tired, dehydrated, and happy.

It was a HUGE success - We passed out tons of flyers, cards, and business cards and made a lot of great connections. Will update with photos and a storyline in a bit - Gotta re-hydrate first
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2010, 08:10 PM   #29
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up

Thanks for putting up all that info Ms Scarlett.. Language error and all, that took some time....
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 05:59 PM   #30
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Here is a video (down at the bottom) talking about how the Pride celebration this year in Conway was the largest crowd they had to date -

http://arkansasmatters.com/news-full...319285&watch=1
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2010, 06:05 PM   #31
SuperFemme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 10/24/2010
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)

4 Highscores

Thanked 7,109 Times in 2,327 Posts
SuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

i think i saw the top of your head at the 25 second mark.
SuperFemme is offline   Reply With Quote