Old 02-06-2010, 07:08 PM   #101
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,773 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Being set in your ways is fine, Andrew. I, however, am becoming allergic to certain idiots I come into some sort of contact with on a fairly regular basis. Prolonged exposure to them may result in death. Whose, I haven't figured out yet, so out of the chance that it's me, I'm trying to avoid them.

As I get older, I see the futility in that.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2010, 07:26 PM   #102
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Dear Gemme,

When you hit my age, you too will find yourself where I am at. At one time I was constantly worried about what others thought of me, the stairs, the glances, the finger pointing, and then the online crap. It is all about prioritizing what is important to you. You have to realize that nobody is going to pay your bills, nobody is going to help you let go of a sister and Godfather who both died of cancer. It is very different when you also loose a sibling to suicide as I have. My priorities are very different than most. Life is no longer an if, but a when.

Andrew
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 07:49 PM   #103
Ms. Meander

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Relationship Status:
Ethical Nonmonogamist

Thanked 5,223 Times in 1,150 Posts
Ms. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST Reputation

The older I get, the more I realize that life is not about the destination, but the journey.
Ms. Meander is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ms. Meander For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2010, 08:21 PM   #104
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,773 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew, Jr. View Post
Dear Gemme,

When you hit my age, you too will find yourself where I am at. At one time I was constantly worried about what others thought of me, the stairs, the glances, the finger pointing, and then the online crap. It is all about prioritizing what is important to you. You have to realize that nobody is going to pay your bills, nobody is going to help you let go of a sister and Godfather who both died of cancer. It is very different when you also loose a sibling to suicide as I have. My priorities are very different than most. Life is no longer an if, but a when.

Andrew
I've already prioritized things and don't really care what people think about me, so I'm not 'there' so to speak. I see what you are saying though and agree.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2010, 10:50 PM   #105
friskyfemme

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
precious
Relationship Status:
down to earth

friskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfriskyfemme Has the BEST Reputation

I realize the woman in the mirror...may be the image others see...but it doesn't reflect me. My self image is much younger!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to friskyfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2010, 09:57 AM   #106
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile The older I get, the more I realize...

It is easier to pay a youngster to shovel snow than it is for me to be shoveling snow. We have well over 2 feet of snow. And another storm is headed our way on Tuesday and Wednesday.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2010, 10:15 AM   #107
casey35

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
a she
Relationship Status:
finding my way ,

casey35 Has the BEST Reputationcasey35 Has the BEST Reputationcasey35 Has the BEST Reputationcasey35 Has the BEST Reputationcasey35 Has the BEST Reputationcasey35 Has the BEST Reputationcasey35 Has the BEST Reputationcasey35 Has the BEST Reputationcasey35 Has the BEST Reputationcasey35 Has the BEST Reputationcasey35 Has the BEST Reputation
Default older

Yes the older i get i realize the climbing of the trees and sliding down the hills and play tag and zombies with the kids. The little legs and back and other parts which will be unnamed hurts like u know what the next day. Where did my young body go.
Old 02-07-2010, 10:46 AM   #108
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,400 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

You are as happy as you let yourself be. Things aren't always going to go your way, but if you sit back and resolve things in your head and heart, things will work out for the best and you can let yourself be happy.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2010, 09:27 AM   #109
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Smile The older I get, the more I realize...

*Luggage on wheels is a must.

*My computer has a great memory. Mine is horrible.

*The only illegal "herbs" I am interested in are Cuban cigars.
Old 02-08-2010, 09:37 AM   #110
Sapph

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
female
Relationship Status:
Taken

Sapph will become famous soon enough

The older I get the more I realize.....

Just how important family is in life. Both the ones you are born into and the ones you find along the journey.

They are the ones that accept you as you are, faults and all.
Sapph is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sapph For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2010, 04:18 PM   #111
BestButchBoy

How Do You Identify?:
Male ID

Thanked 5,459 Times in 2,038 Posts
BestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST Reputation
Default The older I get, the more I realize...

I'm getting better and better all the time. Like fine, slowly aged wine.
BestButchBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BestButchBoy For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2010, 08:59 PM   #112
Blaze

How Do You Identify?:
With my drivers Lic.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Gentleman.. Depends on the Situation.
Relationship Status:
Last Rodeo, what a ride, many sunrises & sunsets to be had...

Thanked 5,470 Times in 1,450 Posts
Blaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

That it takes me longer to find the missing pair of glasses that were sitting on the top of my head, and was there from the get go...
That I did check the locks on the door 3 times already.
That I am thankful that my coffee pot turns itself off as I rushed off to work.
That my cell phone can tell me who's calling because the fonts on it are to small for me to see.
That I walk in the store grab something I like and mentally weigh the option of Do I want it? Or do I need it?? and leave empty handed.
Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blaze For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2010, 09:13 PM   #113
Goofy

How Do You Identify?:
Cheesecake Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
I'm blushing

Goofy Has the BEST ReputationGoofy Has the BEST ReputationGoofy Has the BEST ReputationGoofy Has the BEST ReputationGoofy Has the BEST ReputationGoofy Has the BEST ReputationGoofy Has the BEST ReputationGoofy Has the BEST ReputationGoofy Has the BEST ReputationGoofy Has the BEST ReputationGoofy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze View Post

That it takes me longer to find the missing pair of glasses that were sitting on the top of my head, and was there from the get go...
it could be worse...you could be like my dad many years ago when he had the entire household searching for his teeth for over an hour before my mother realized they were in his mouth...

Goofy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Goofy For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2010, 10:14 PM   #114
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Thanked 12,949 Times in 3,419 Posts
Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

Life is way too short so choose your battles wisely because some things are just not worth it...

Miss Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Miss Scarlett For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2010, 06:02 AM   #115
Blaze

How Do You Identify?:
With my drivers Lic.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Blaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I realize that my bathroom counter is more cluttered with lotions and creme's.
I realize that I may need to add another medicine cabinet because the first one is filled with muscle ache creme's and antibiotic skin cremes.
I realize that the one pesky chin hair that I had now has friends joining in and thinks they can have a party!
I realize that the alarm clock is really my friend and that I so do like it when I don't have to wear a watch because I want to forget about time...
Old 02-12-2010, 07:30 AM   #116
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,619 Times in 3,976 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

the older I get the longer it takes me to take my medicines in the AM...in fact, it takes longer than fixing my cup of coffee and THAT use to be the priority

and speaking of coffee, the older I get the less Caffeine I can have and I am now down to decaf all the time..INCLUDING my (pause.....) DIET COKE is CAFFEINE FREE!

the older I get the more grey I have and the less time I want to fuss over it. I have embraced it, let it grow out and I am heralded by those around me as a woman of courage...but...none would do it too. So I am silver on my own and let me tell you, the older I get, the more respect I get as a silver femme...I wouldnt dye my hair again for anything!

the older I get, the more tolerant I am of assholes. I also get to swear when I want to. I tend to regard assholes with the calm I use to deal with irrational tantruming children. I wait for their storm to get over and then pick up where I left off....not allowing their behavior mark my life in any way...

the older I get, the more I realize what mortality is...and not caring if I get to play another day in the sun. Rather I care if what I left behind was in sand or brick. And to who I left it behind....

the older I get the more I realize a size 10 is not me. I have known this for awhile but as the years embrace me, I know it even better

the older I get the more I realize the value of a good life. Not good as in dying with the most toys. Good as in believing what I have, good and bad, is about me and my correlation to the world.

the older I get the more I know I was a happy resident here.

the older I get the more I know I want to extend my stay...day by day..
The Following User Says Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2010, 04:25 PM   #117
Wryly

How Do You Identify?:
bemused butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
polite ones, please
Relationship Status:
single butch

Thanked 1,568 Times in 620 Posts
Wryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST Reputation

The older I get the more I realize that I do not like winter. Yeah snow is great - around Christmas. The cold is bearable - if I have someone to snuggle up with. And I know I sound bitchy because weatherwise winter hasn't been as brutal for me as it has been for some others - but I am so tired of winter right now.
Wryly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wryly For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2010, 08:57 AM   #118
Blaze

How Do You Identify?:
With my drivers Lic.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Member Photo Albums

I realize that I am telling the same stories my parents told me to the younguns that complain, always saying, you got it good, we had to walk up hill both ways to school, without shoes, in the snow, 8 miles one way. (It never snowed on Oahu Hawaii) but heck, it sounded good while the story grew.
That everything my Mother warned me about. (Is soooooo True).
I should have listen to my Father, I started working at age 14, he insisted I waited, cause he said; "Once you work you will have to work the rest of your life so enjoy not working while you can." ( I didn't listen)
I realize that I really do miss my childhood days. But I think I love the NOWS even more.
Old 02-13-2010, 09:57 AM   #119
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,619 Times in 3,976 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

the older I get the more I notice ads about anti-aging products and how expensive they are and am glad I was born with good genes that show nary a wrinkle on my face...tho I LOVE wrinkles..always have. Since I was a child, I have been so infactuated with them...sensing them as rivers that run over the skin, marking the passages of time.

the older I get the more I find i am more comfortable with what I like and not as adventurous to try "what else" is out there..particularly in technology. I started balking with DVD's, considering them the devil's toy. You can only imagine what kind of phone I use (and its not a cell phone, fyi) and type of tv I own (and only having one tv, not a tv in every room)

the older I get the more I read the obits in the paper.

the older I get the more I wear cardigans...and sweat shirts with little pictures on them like jack o lanterns for halloween....and comfy shoes to walk in and yes I do carry an umbrella in my car. Next to come is a funny looking hat....lol....

the older I get the more I treasure things as old as me. I am buying a house that hasnt changed since the 1960s. I walked in and felt at home.

the older I get the more the Monkees make me laugh ...and I still like the Brady's over the Partridge Family even tho Susan Dey was cute to me back then...
The Following User Says Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2010, 03:26 PM   #120
KayCee

How Do You Identify?:
Multifaceted Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
It's a secret
Relationship Status:
And from my lips hye drew the hallelujah

Thanked 1,725 Times in 521 Posts
KayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST Reputation

The older I get, the more I realize...that I wasted too much time to find my true love and happiness!
KayCee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KayCee For This Useful Post: