morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

Thanked 4,241 Times in 1,845 Posts
morningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputation

all i can say .after reading all these response's is..
WOW!!
this was just so suppose to be just a lil funny thing to post...
its been posted in a lot of bf places.. and this is the 1st time. it has goten soo many negitive reviews........
i am sooooo sorry it offended some of you..... i say some
cause some did find it funny and some didnt
sometimes i feel i cant win for losing.......

life is to short to wake up in the morning with regrets
so love the people who treat you right,
forget about the ones who dont,
and believe that everything happens for a reason.
If you get a chance take it... if it changes your life let it.
Old 11-22-2009, 07:15 PM   #2
Legendryder

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Single

Legendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by morningstar55 View Post
WOW!!
its been posted in a lot of bf places.. and this is the 1st time. it has goten soo many negitive reviews........
Betcha didn't know you were going to open a------->

Last edited by Legendryder; 11-22-2009 at 07:16 PM. Reason: Advanced brain melt
Old 11-22-2009, 07:57 PM   #3
QueenofQueens
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Seerauber, Centaurita Bonita, QoQonut, Volupté Suprême
Preferred Pronoun?:
Lux, Ms. Lisbon if you're nasty.
Relationship Status:
Left of Centaur and blissfully betrothed.

QueenofQueens Has the BEST ReputationQueenofQueens Has the BEST ReputationQueenofQueens Has the BEST ReputationQueenofQueens Has the BEST ReputationQueenofQueens Has the BEST ReputationQueenofQueens Has the BEST ReputationQueenofQueens Has the BEST ReputationQueenofQueens Has the BEST ReputationQueenofQueens Has the BEST ReputationQueenofQueens Has the BEST ReputationQueenofQueens Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
WOW!!
Morningstar, no one here is questioning your intentions. We all get that you were just trying to share a joke. But now, those of us that found your joke hurtful are asking you, as part of our butch and femme family, to take a look at it and try to understand why we weren't amused and why it really isn't funny.

We aren't taking you to task, I promise. We just would really appreciate it if you would look at what you posted with a critical eye. A joke like that isn't harmless, especially when it goes viral, and is seen by thousands of people, many of whom will not be viewing it with good intentions at all.

Sexism is so well entrenched in our society that most of us just take its many manifestations for granted. For example, advertising utilizes sexist imagery constantly, which reinforces the idea of women as second class citizens. We all have helped perpetuate this notion at some point, therefore the responsibility belongs to all of us to help dismantle it.
Old 11-22-2009, 08:09 PM   #4
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

Thanked 4,241 Times in 1,845 Posts
morningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputation

AGAIN.....
I AM .. sorry ....... for offending .... some of you...
i say ... SOME...... cause some found it funny....
i did think it was kinda funny ......... maybe i have a wierd sense of humor i dont know.......
i guess i need to get approval to post other funny video's........
here is a link......... of something else..... I and some others thought was funny.
but i suppose it might offend someone as well.

http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=245

ya know..... i have said i was sorry and thats the end.,,zippin it

life is to short to wake up in the morning with regrets
so love the people who treat you right,
forget about the ones who dont,
and believe that everything happens for a reason.
If you get a chance take it... if it changes your life let it.
Old 11-22-2009, 08:28 PM   #5
Legendryder

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Single

Legendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST Reputation

All I can suggest is kill this thread. Before it gets TOTALLY out of hand.
Old 11-22-2009, 08:37 PM   #6
QueenofQueens
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Seerauber, Centaurita Bonita, QoQonut, Volupté Suprême
Preferred Pronoun?:
Lux, Ms. Lisbon if you're nasty.
Relationship Status:
Left of Centaur and blissfully betrothed.

QueenofQueens Has the BEST ReputationQueenofQueens Has the BEST ReputationQueenofQueens Has the BEST ReputationQueenofQueens Has the BEST ReputationQueenofQueens Has the BEST ReputationQueenofQueens Has the BEST ReputationQueenofQueens Has the BEST ReputationQueenofQueens Has the BEST ReputationQueenofQueens Has the BEST ReputationQueenofQueens Has the BEST ReputationQueenofQueens Has the BEST Reputation

I think this thread can be useful as a learning aid regarding all manner of important issues as well as examining social behavior versus antisocial behavior.

Morningstar, no one has asked for an apology. We're asking that you take a look at why you found this particular image funny and why others do not.
Dig a little deeper. This is not a question of taste. It's a question of perpetuating a deep seated prejudice against women via supposedly "harmless" means.
Old 11-22-2009, 08:32 PM   #7
WILDCAT

How Do You Identify?:
Very PROUD BUTCH LESBIAN!

WILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
AGAIN.....
I AM .. sorry ....... for offending .... some of you...
i say ... SOME...... cause some found it funny....
i did think it was kinda funny ok.......... i maybe i have a wierd sense of humore i dont know.......
i guess i need to get approval to post other funny video's........
here is a link......... of something else..... I and some others thought was funny.
but i suppose it might offend someone as well.

http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=245

ya know..... i have said i was sorry and thats the end.,,zippin it
I didn't open this yet, I just wanted to say that I do not find you offensive at all. And the short video can and will be seen as "funny" by many - I'm sure. I think when folks say they are "hurt", and or feeling "objectified" by stuff out there and now here, where this is posted... is what I am going to take a good look at then, try to understand and do my best to help support.

It's all about learning and growing together. We are a large and very proud community.

And many are wounded, and trying to seek refuge from that which hurts us out and about in the real world. And also, this connection to community, for many of us, is what we have right now. I live in a very rural place. (NO COMMUNITY HERE in my neck of the woods!! LOL!!)

I just hate to see anyone hurting, and that includes you. Just try and let it go perhaps - you didn't see any harm in this and now others have explained "why 'tis so" for them. People's expressions are not always directed at someone sharing about something, but rather the source and reasoning being it.

So, all in all, I should "thank you" for posting the link. Good lesson for a new baby site! Right?

Now I will open up your other "funny link", and I may laugh! Who knows? Consider where and what to share publicly, I try and think to myself. But, we don't know what we don't know, until we "know it". Ya know?! And yes, I have "knee-jerked" on the internet myself on occasion. Guilty. It's going to happen, for we are HUMAN.

SMILE...

WILDCAT
Closed Thread