Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Communication, Friendship, Getting To Know One Another

Old 09-26-2012, 07:47 AM   #1
Dance-with-me

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

Thanked 1,926 Times in 378 Posts
Dance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST Reputation
Default Rehoboth Delaware Butch/Femme group

I've reconnected with a butch/femme couple who is local to me here in the Rehoboth Beach area of Delaware (spelling it out in case anyone searches for Delaware!) and we've decided to start a once a month gathering for butch/femme folks and allies who live here or are visiting here - we get a lot of weekenders and vacationers and we hope some of them will also be interested.

Although we live in an area that's a very popular LGBT vacation spot for folks living in the Philadelphia, Baltimore and Washington DC areas, there is a lot of open prejudice against butches in the local lesbian community, which of course extends to femmes who prefer to be with butches. We're hoping that doing this can both help those who are butch/femme to connect with each other, and promote our visibility in the lesbian community.

We're going to start with a dinner out on November 17th, and then do something once a month from there - dinners out, gather at a club or an event, or just gather at someone's home for a game night.

If you're interested send me an email at DEbutchfemme@gmail.com.

I also plan to set up a facebook page and maybe a meetup group once we really get going, but I have no idea what to call this group! Everything I come up with is just cheesy. Any suggestions?
Dance-with-me is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dance-with-me For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2012, 08:58 PM   #2
Dance-with-me

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

Thanked 1,926 Times in 378 Posts
Dance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST Reputation

If you're on Facebook and interested in keeping up with this group's activities, you can join the Rehoboth Butch-Femme facebook group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/rbbutchfemme/.

If you prefer to not join on Facebook but you're in the Mid-Atlantic area and would like to be on the mailing list, email DEbutchfemme@gmail.com. You can also PM me here and I will give you the meetup information.
Dance-with-me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:13 AM   #3
Red Dirt Girl

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
PrincessPrettyPants, please.
Relationship Status:
Excellent.

Red Dirt Girl Has the BEST ReputationRed Dirt Girl Has the BEST ReputationRed Dirt Girl Has the BEST ReputationRed Dirt Girl Has the BEST ReputationRed Dirt Girl Has the BEST ReputationRed Dirt Girl Has the BEST ReputationRed Dirt Girl Has the BEST ReputationRed Dirt Girl Has the BEST ReputationRed Dirt Girl Has the BEST ReputationRed Dirt Girl Has the BEST ReputationRed Dirt Girl Has the BEST Reputation

I'm so excited to see your message and know there's a group forming down here. My sweetie and I used to go a group in Baltimore but we've recently moved to Rehoboth and have been missing our Balto B/f nights. Looking forward to meeting some like-minded folks in our new neighborhood!
Old 10-06-2012, 03:44 PM   #4
cuddlyfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
her/she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 2,452 Times in 1,270 Posts
cuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputation

When i was young, my family always went to Rebouth and i loved it!!!!
cuddlyfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 04:29 PM   #5
Red Dirt Girl

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
PrincessPrettyPants, please.
Relationship Status:
Excellent.

Red Dirt Girl Has the BEST ReputationRed Dirt Girl Has the BEST ReputationRed Dirt Girl Has the BEST ReputationRed Dirt Girl Has the BEST ReputationRed Dirt Girl Has the BEST ReputationRed Dirt Girl Has the BEST ReputationRed Dirt Girl Has the BEST ReputationRed Dirt Girl Has the BEST ReputationRed Dirt Girl Has the BEST ReputationRed Dirt Girl Has the BEST ReputationRed Dirt Girl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuddlyfemme View Post
When i was young, my family always went to Rebouth and i loved it!!!!
what's not to love!!
Old 10-06-2012, 07:30 PM   #6
cuddlyfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
her/she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 2,452 Times in 1,270 Posts
cuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dirt Girl View Post
what's not to love!!
You are so right, its beautiful there, i love it there!!!
cuddlyfemme is offline   Reply With Quote