Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Communication, Friendship, Getting To Know One Another

Old 01-11-2011, 07:18 AM   #1
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Acts of Kindness, Reality & Perception

First a wonderful story to read here:

Julio Diaz has a daily routine. Every night, the 31-year-old social worker ends his hour-long subway commute to the Bronx one stop early, just so he can eat at his favorite diner.

But one night last month, as Diaz stepped off the No. 6 train and onto a nearly empty platform, his evening took an unexpected turn.

He was walking toward the stairs when a teenage boy approached and pulled out a knife.

"He wants my money, so I just gave him my wallet and told him, 'Here you go,'" Diaz says.

As the teen began to walk away, Diaz told him, "Hey, wait a minute. You forgot something. If you're going to be robbing people for the rest of the night, you might as well take my coat to keep you warm."

read more below

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...oryId=89164759

Let's face it, its easy to pretend and work to be nice, right? But there is a state of being that some tap into where their heart and spirit are filled with love and intentions pure.

This leads me to even deeper thought and how knowing & believing "we are all connected" can be a total state of being based on your perception.

http://www.hermeticsource.info

I'd love to know your thoughts.

Thanks!
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2011, 08:22 AM   #2
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,400 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

Deep subject...Gotta think a bit on this one

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 09:52 AM   #3
Lynn

How Do You Identify?:
Unabashed Feminine Lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her, She
Relationship Status:
Married!

Thanked 2,416 Times in 504 Posts
Lynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST Reputation

Both the story and that website are fascinating to read. I completely understand the social worker's actions. If I weren't feeling threatened or too scared, I would have done the same thing.

Yesterday, someone I work with told me that she thinks I'm the "nicest person" she's ever met. Really?? I am nice. I'm polite, thoughtful, and all of that. But, I'm definitely not the nicest person anyone has ever met. I can be impatient, I'm fairly lazy, and I can be exceedingly critical. I harbor some very dark thoughts about some people which I consider not so nice since I do believe that thought creates reality in the physical universe.

In truth, I don't think as highly of my co-worker, so I don't really trust her saying that. I have found that when I have a perception of someone, they are likely to have a mirroring perception of me. So, I think she's kind of dishonest and unethical. In most situations, without me trying to do anything but "be nice," a person like that would end up not liking me, thinking of me as an annoying goody-two-shoes. It just happens like that. Her declaration that I'm the nicest person she's ever met in her 50 plus years doesn't ring true for me.

All of the discussion about spiritual connectedness, I do feel and have experienced. I am happiest and my best self when I'm able to tap into that in my life. It happens easiest when I'm around like-minded people, which, unfortunately, doesn't happen as often these days.
that love costs all we are
and will ever be.
Yet it is only love
which sets us free.

Maya Angelou

Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Lynn For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2011, 11:27 AM   #4
Glenn

How Do You Identify?:
Northwest Wind and Lake Michigan
Preferred Pronoun?:
Paesano
Relationship Status:
Solo

Thanked 3,732 Times in 1,096 Posts
Glenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST Reputation

We all should be able to live here without being insincere or unethical. We should try to be fearless, sincere, and inspiring to others. When we are strong, we can help those who are evil. But don't try to help them until you yourself have developed a stronger mind, like that social worker, otherwise their company may weaken you. So many who try to help others become weakened by the evil. So, we have to meditate on goodness, yet try to be helpful to others, until our minds become impervious to evil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Both the story and that website are fascinating to read. I completely understand the social worker's actions. If I weren't feeling threatened or too scared, I would have done the same thing.

Yesterday, someone I work with told me that she thinks I'm the "nicest person" she's ever met. Really?? I am nice. I'm polite, thoughtful, and all of that. But, I'm definitely not the nicest person anyone has ever met. I can be impatient, I'm fairly lazy, and I can be exceedingly critical. I harbor some very dark thoughts about some people which I consider not so nice since I do believe that thought creates reality in the physical universe.

In truth, I don't think as highly of my co-worker, so I don't really trust her saying that. I have found that when I have a perception of someone, they are likely to have a mirroring perception of me. So, I think she's kind of dishonest and unethical. In most situations, without me trying to do anything but "be nice," a person like that would end up not liking me, thinking of me as an annoying goody-two-shoes. It just happens like that. Her declaration that I'm the nicest person she's ever met in her 50 plus years doesn't ring true for me.

All of the discussion about spiritual connectedness, I do feel and have experienced. I am happiest and my best self when I'm able to tap into that in my life. It happens easiest when I'm around like-minded people, which, unfortunately, doesn't happen as often these days.
Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Glenn For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2011, 11:57 AM   #5
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:

Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

I think that we are all connected in humanity, spirituality and nature at some level. I think that level is a personal space, that some feel closer to the connection than others do. This possibly comes from exposure to the connection or not and the experiences we have with humility, and our conscience.

Do I think it's easy to pretend to be nice? No I don't think it is easy and I don't think everyone tries to be nice. It's just not in everyone's nature. They have unresolved issues in some area that won't let them know humility, humanity, spirituality, and compassion for fellow beings.

Ya know some believe that for every action there is a reward. To some extent this is true, but not always. Sometime the only reward is that the action makes you feel better, that you did something nice without expecting anything in return.

That is one reason I started the "What did you give today" thread, that some have dumped on with some displays of giving that were not my intent for the thread. Giving, "being nice", regardless of your intent is a feel good thing it makes you feel good and makes others feel good too, be it human or nature. Being "all connected" to me is a reality. We are all connected in some realm, we have to recognize it and nurture the connection in a positive way.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2011, 12:17 PM   #6
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Thank you all. I only have a few moments but will be back.

Spiritual consciousness is ongoing work. Most of know this. We have times we are dialed in and others, life gets in the way- derails us and suddenly we are spinning out of control. So yes, it does take some work IMO or at least it does for me.

I am intrigued at the spirit space one can arrive at where they are so free from judgement. When love truly does become unconditional and all of your actions speak this. I've felt moments in this space.

The reason for the site is not to confuse you or get off topic but that after considering the story, my own personal journey and so many things we discussed here, that it truly is a matter of perception. maybe I'm experiencing this flood of truths bombarding me here lately but when I really think about it, my healing, love and life experience is what I project and perceive. It doesn't have to be all that complicated or even require and fancy words or research. Why is it such a struggle to have faith and maintain this pure loving space? Also, if we have the answers and facts in front of us why is it so difficult to grab onto and follow through? Why do we continue to doubt and sabotage ourselves?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2011, 06:07 PM   #7
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:

bumppetty bump bump

Old 01-11-2011, 07:14 PM   #8
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,337 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Action speaks,,,,

Gay intern credited with saving Giffords’ life

Daniel Hernandez Jr., a 20-year-old University of Arizona student who’d been working as an intern for Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords for only five days, is being credited with saving her life after she was shot on Saturday.

Hernandez, who confirmed that he is gay in an interview with Instant Tea on Sunday morning, is a member of the City of Tucson Commission on Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender Issues. “She’s been a great ally to the LGBT community,” Hernandez said of Giffords during the brief interview across a bad connection.

According to the Arizona Republic, Hernandez was standing about 30 feet from Giffords during the “Congress on Your Corner” event outside a Safeway store near Tucson. When the gunshots began, Hernandez ran toward them and began checking the pulses of people who’d been hit. When Hernandez got to Giffords, he used his hand to apply pressure to the entry wound on her forehead. He pulled her into his lap and held her upright so she wouldn’t choke on her blood.

Daniel Hernandez is shown with Giffords in this image from his Facebook page.

Hernandez used his hand to apply pressure to the wound until someone brought clean smocks from the meat department of the grocery store. He stayed with Giffords until paramedics arrived, then climbed into an ambulance with her. On the way to the hospital, he squeezed her hand and she squeezed back. From the Republic:

When they arrived at the hospital, Hernandez was soaked in blood. His family brought him clean clothes because the FBI took his for evidence.

He waited at the hospital while she went into surgery. He needed to tell police what had happened. He overheard people walking by talking about how Giffords had died. He also heard this on NPR. Later, he learned she had lived.

“I was ecstatic,” he said. “She was one of the people I’ve looked up to. Knowing she was alive and still fighting was good news. She’s definitely a fighter, whether for her own life, or standing up for people in southern Arizona.”

The fact that Hernandez was nearby and able to react quickly probably saved Giffords’ life, said state Rep. Matt Heinz, D-Tucson, and a hospital physician. He talked to Hernandez at the hospital after the shooting.

Eight hours after the shooting, Hernandez stood with Giffords’ friends and staff and told them what had happened. The tall, strong 20-year-old said, “Of course you’re afraid, you just kind of have to do what you can.”

They hugged and thanked him. Later, he sat with his mom and sisters and told them about his friends and the staffers who had died that day.

“You just have to be calm and collected,” he said. “You do no good to anyone if you have a breakdown. … It was probably not the best idea to run toward the gunshots, but people needed help.”

http://www.dallasvoice.com/meet-gay-...e-1060085.html
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2011, 09:35 PM   #9
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation

Coming from a pov of someone with neurological disorders, most people and society do not understand my perceptions. Not everyone is kind, nice, or understanding. I am bad in that I am always honest. My reality is mine. It isn't anyone else's. I hope this makes sense.
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2011, 04:05 AM   #10
HoneyedChrysanthemum

Default Just a very nice thing....

this is not dramatic nor deep but it is the nicest thing anyone has said to me in a long time. i was talking with a friend today, actually the mother of one of my very good friends but we have become friends over the course of the fact that my friend and i share RSD. we were talking abot my moving and she was asking about the emotional and phusical impact it would have on me immediately. anyway, before we hung up, she asked me to call her when i arrived in OK so that she would know i arrived there safely. i thanked her and as i did so realized that of all the people who knew i was leaving and even when i was leaving, she was the only person who asked me to do that. for some reason, her concern has touched me deeply. she cares enough to worry about my safe passage.
this has made reflect upon kindness in general. of course, Roshis are supposed to practice kindness in everything, but that one remark really brought that home. we never know what small act, what one kind word even, might have a huge impact upon another person. what might not seem like very much to me might be like the pebble dropped into water that sends ripples into another person's life. it might even be like a volcanic action that sends a tsunami feeling of being cared about. so from now on i'm going to make more small acts, more small remarks of caring and concern, because i never will know what one seemingly insignificant small act or word of kindness will do.
just a note on developing the general attitude of karuna, the Buddhist word for loving-kindness.Sharon Salzberg has a wonderful small book called A Cup of Kindness. In it are contained instances of just such small things that can make such a huge impact on another person. it also contains meditations one can do to help develop karuna. she also has a Cd that accompanies the book that contains meditations, just small ones, to help one develop a general everyday attitude of loving-kindness. you do not have to Buddhist to appreciate, understand, and use the exercises in the book or the meditations on the Cd. i highly recommend either, both if you can get them.
remember that one small act, that one kind word....

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2011, 08:09 AM   #11
Glenn

How Do You Identify?:
Northwest Wind and Lake Michigan
Preferred Pronoun?:
Paesano
Relationship Status:
Solo

Thanked 3,732 Times in 1,096 Posts
Glenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST Reputation

I have been reading OSHO, who claims the ego is our false center we cling to, that creates confusion in what we think of others since what we think of ourselves has been dictated to us since birth.

Ego-The False Center
From Beyond The Frontier Of The Mind
http://deoxy.org/egofalse.htm
Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 11:07 AM   #12
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Member Photo Albums

Certainly there are many theories, concepts and definitions about our human nature. OMG I spent a great deal of my 20's reading, praying, meditating and trying to grasp some kind of meaning. All of it made sense to me and it was hard to pick one so I didn't. But it all boiled down to metaphysics for me. Vibration, perception, projection (faith) and the all powerful concept of love. Sometimes I wonder if God really isnt love or the other way around - Love is God. That which we all crave, desire and seem to spend a lifetime trying to capture and express. That which threads and weaves into every area of life.

more later
The Following User Says Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2013, 12:10 PM   #13
Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

Thanked 7,264 Times in 2,158 Posts
Sweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST Reputation
Default Thank you Sachita!

Thank you so much for posting links and stories for us

Will be back later to maybe share a bit.
Sweet Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 01:21 PM   #14
meridiantoo

How Do You Identify?:
A Speck in the Milky Way
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her, She
Relationship Status:
Monogamous relationship

Thanked 2,299 Times in 890 Posts
meridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputation

I really like this thread. I want to think on it also before I post anything.

This is a great topic!

Old 03-07-2013, 01:22 PM   #15
Ascot

How Do You Identify?:
Preppy Butch artist
Relationship Status:
She’s wild about me.

Thanked 2,487 Times in 549 Posts
Ascot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST Reputation

I am fortunate to have been raised in an environment of respect and kindness and it is the place from which I try to live my life. I'm one who will open the door at the post office for the man struggling with several boxes and likely offer to carry a couple. I'll let someone who's been patiently waiting cut into traffic ahead of me. So what if I'm one car length farther back? (If it's a twerp who has been aggressively nudging, maybe not so much.) These little acts cost me absolutely nothing, yet I reap so much in return. That's not the reason I do it, but it is rather a lovely perk. As I've matured, I've become more aware of the merit of being sensitive to whether someone actually wants kindness from me. I've learned, strange though it might seem, that not everyone is open to such gestures. Perhaps they don't want to be perceived as needing help or maybe they're simply too wary of strangers. Who knows. The why really doesn't matter. For me, recognizing that reluctance is another form of kindness.