Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Communication, Friendship, Getting To Know One Another

Old 09-12-2012, 06:35 AM   #1
jac
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
butch stone
Preferred Pronoun?:
masculine ones work best...
Relationship Status:
♥ engaged to spritz ♥

Thanked 16,492 Times in 2,972 Posts
jac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputation
Default Dreams... Tell Us... What Do They Mean....

I love dreaming and I enjoy trying to interpret them.... or at least getting some understanding behind them. I have a dream encyclopedia (I don't use it much anymore) and I was once being taught by a Reiki Master Practitioner how to interpret dreams... mostly my own. So I thought it might be cool to share our dreams with each other. I know when I have them, and able to actually recall them... writing them out is a good way to take the time to interpret them. I figured that writing them out here, will not only help to get them recalled better but give an opportunity to interpret with others... if that's your thing.

Although I have had many dreams, one of my faves is when I was flying. I had this one particular dream three times (reoccuring) and then never again. I was standing by a tree in the middle of my yard when I was about 13yo. There were two trees actually and I took a three-step run in the direction of the second tree , threw my arms out like Superman-style and went airborne right over the top of the second tree. The wind blowing my hair back (yeh it was longer then) and feeling a sense of freedom. I remember being able to look down over the city and I wasn't super high but high enough to clear the trees. I can't recall coming out of flight before I woke. I can't even say it was out-of-body, I was looking through my own eyes... I was inside myself. It was in color. Sometimes I wish I could go back into that dream and feel the freedom again and continue through to see where I go or when I land, where I land... So many unanswered questions and feelings.

Interpretation??
I was young and free at age 13 even though in my dream I was an adult and in realtime I was adult when I had the dream. It was just in a time and place from my youth. My inner-self wants to be back in that time. Not so much as a child but just carefree, without responsibilities, worry-free. Flying without destination I would take to mean not needing a set path but being open to anything and everything. Not completing the journey... seems self-explanitory.

Any thoughts? Any dreams of your own?

Last edited by jac; 09-12-2012 at 06:45 AM.
jac is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jac For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2012, 04:39 AM   #2
jac
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
butch stone
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
♥ engaged to spritz ♥

jac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputation
Default Another reoccuring....

A good decade ago I managed to have a reoccuring dream three times and has never returned... I really enjoyed this dream too.

I was outside of a house (unknown) and I squated down to look into a basement window. The house was in a more present setting (from the outside anyway), but when I peeked inside, it was not a basement but rather a living room from the Victorian era. I remember crawling through the window and smelling a slight musty smell in the air. Tables and knick-knacks had a light coating of dust but not like the place had sat unattended for long at all. It felt like there was life to the place. No lights were on, so it was rather dark inside but there was a sliding glass door that led out to a garden area and I could see the bright sunlight beyond the doors. Looking outside from inside this time capsule, so to speak, had a feel that it was also the present time. I can remember walking around slowly throughout the room and looking at everything intensely. I also can recall that I felt the presence of someone behind me even though when I entered no one was around. I never turned to see if anyone was there. If anyone was with me. I left the same way I entered... and woke just as I cleared the window and stood back up outside.

Interpretation: ??
Entering the basementliving room of the past felt almost like a pastlife experience. It was super familiar to me in one aspect and intriguing in another. As if it wasn't familiar. The light dust on everything leads me to believe it's like a veil that at some point can easily be removed and all things that are of the curious nature will be revealed. All answers will be known. Being able to see the present time through the glass doors, I believe to be that at anytime I am free to leave the darkness of my past and return to a time that is clear and bright. The presence of someome behind me I am still trying to figure out, but the exiting of the space let's me know I am not quiet ready to give up my exploration of things from my past and live in the present. I still feel a sense of sneaking around with it. And why I have never had it again for well over 10 years... I really can't say, other than I am just not in need of the journey at this time.

Any thoughts? Any dreams of your own?

Last edited by jac; 09-14-2012 at 04:46 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jac For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2012, 04:56 AM   #3
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

i had a dream that i was constipated. Google says it means
i am holding back emotionally.

girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2012, 05:03 AM   #4
jac
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
butch stone
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
♥ engaged to spritz ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun_dee View Post
i had a dream that i was constipated. Google says it means
i am holding back emotionally.

That sounds about right. The strain/struggle of releasing the negative (the waste). Yeh I can see that being possible...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jac For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2012, 05:18 AM   #5
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by stone4play View Post
That sounds about right. The strain/struggle of releasing the negative (the waste). Yeh I can see that being possible...
yup me too. THere is one part of my life that i hold back on.

i've been researching dreams and meanings my whole life and they do seem to ring true to what research says about them.

i've been plagued with nightmares my whole life. Like waking up running out of the door kinda nightmares. i've been tethered to the bed (not really a complaint!) and moved furniture in front of doors to try to make me wake up before i am actually out of the house. i have stayed up all night in places where i am going to bother someone with my nighttime issues.

Now i sleep with a big old mean Daddi bear and a pack of 6 dogs so that keeps me in the bed pretty much, that and the nightmares aren't as bad as they used to be. Thank GODs because after all these years i am pretty sick of them!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2012, 05:27 AM   #6
jac
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
butch stone
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
♥ engaged to spritz ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun_dee View Post
yup me too. THere is one part of my life that i hold back on.

i've been researching dreams and meanings my whole life and they do seem to ring true to what research says about them.

i've been plagued with nightmares my whole life. Like waking up running out of the door kinda nightmares. i've been tethered to the bed (not really a complaint!) and moved furniture in front of doors to try to make me wake up before i am actually out of the house. i have stayed up all night in places where i am going to bother someone with my nighttime issues.

Now i sleep with a big old mean Daddi bear and a pack of 6 dogs so that keeps me in the bed pretty much, that and the nightmares aren't as bad as they used to be. Thank GODs because after all these years i am pretty sick of them!
Aw that's too bad. I always feel sorry for those who have nightmares. I only get them once in a great while. I had one actually about two weeks ago and will post on here at a later time but yes, I can see where your securty of your partner and your dogs has kept them distant from your sleep. Have you ever had them interpretted? Sometimes getting to the heart of them, sends them on their way... but your protection seems to be helping, so that's great.
Old 09-14-2012, 05:33 AM   #7
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Quote:
Aw that's too bad. I always feel sorry for those who have nightmares. I only get them once in a great while. I had one actually about two weeks ago and will post on here at a later time but yes, I can see where your securty of your partner and your dogs has kept them distant from your sleep. Have you ever had them interpretted? Sometimes getting to the heart of them, sends them on their way... but your protection seems to be helping, so that's great.
Honestly i don't feel it's an exact science so interpretation would be an educated guess, so i'd rather not.

Some of them are obvious, others are really out there but there is always one common denominator, they scare me.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2012, 05:39 AM   #8
jac
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
butch stone
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
♥ engaged to spritz ♥

That is totally understandable to feel that way... and I honor that need to not dabble with them. Like I said, the security of your partner and your pack is what is working for you for the most part, then problem solved.
The Following User Says Thank You to jac For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2012, 09:37 AM   #9
Glenn

How Do You Identify?:
Northwest Wind and Lake Michigan
Preferred Pronoun?:
Paesano
Relationship Status:
Solo

Thanked 3,732 Times in 1,096 Posts
Glenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST Reputation

stone4play; I believe your interpretation of your dream was correct. I have found that anyone or anything in my dreams which is elusive, or just out of reach, was'nt meant to be in waking life, and to let it go. Repetitive dreams definitely need to be studied and discussed especially if they concern another person/s or place, or seem to be about future plans. I think the defragmentating dreams, which are a hodge-podge of different things your subconscious needs to throw out, are important also. Thanks for the thread. It's always good to tell about the bad ones you have in public if you don't want them to bother you as much. It sort of dilutes them, and they lose some of their power to upset you. Sometimes I get repetitive/predictive dreams about a person, place, or what I'm planning to do. I always study those carefully and decide what do about them in a positive yet, unintrusive manner, especially when the dreams are about another person.
Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Glenn For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2012, 10:17 AM   #10
Spirit Dancer

How Do You Identify?:
Complex but Tender
Preferred Pronoun?:
~Ma`am~
Relationship Status:
Shotgun Rider

Thanked 12,951 Times in 3,466 Posts
Spirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST Reputation
Default Great Thread

For me it's a recurring dream same time every time i wake at 3:13am
short of breath, i see myself being crushed. Scarey stuff
Spirit Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Spirit Dancer For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2012, 03:26 PM   #11
jac
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
butch stone
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
♥ engaged to spritz ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
stone4play; I believe your interpretation of your dream was correct. I have found that anyone or anything in my dreams which is elusive, or just out of reach, was'nt meant to be in waking life, and to let it go. Repetitive dreams definitely need to be studied and discussed especially if they concern another person/s or place, or seem to be about future plans. I think the defragmentating dreams, which are a hodge-podge of different things your subconscious needs to throw out, are important also. Thanks for the thread. It's always good to tell about the bad ones you have in public if you don't want them to bother you as much. It sort of dilutes them, and they lose some of their power to upset you. Sometimes I get repetitive/predictive dreams about a person, place, or what I'm planning to do. I always study those carefully and decide what do about them in a positive yet, unintrusive manner, especially when the dreams are about another person.
You're absolutely right Glenn... always talking through dreams help to clarify them a bit. I believe them to be messages and have meaning, even if not important. The dreams about others you may know can have significant meaning but try to recall the minor details... sometimes those are the hidden messages, not the person per se.

Glad you like the thread. I'm hoping to have some fun with it and interesting dialogue. I love dreams and the interpretation of them
Old 09-14-2012, 03:29 PM   #12
jac
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
butch stone
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
♥ engaged to spritz ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit Dancer View Post
For me it's a recurring dream same time every time i wake at 3:13am
short of breath, i see myself being crushed. Scarey stuff
Is there more you care to share on this? You certainly don't have to but it is rather interesting: the time, the repetitiveness of the dream itself, the actually loss of breath...

Something that also caught my attention is that you "saw" yourself, so therefore you are not actually experiencing the actual crushing. And do you wake before the unthinkable?
Old 09-14-2012, 06:48 PM   #13
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,310 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

Last night I dreamed I lost my wallet. Then I found it, and I was hopping around waving it, I was so happy, then someone said, Before you get too happy, you better look inside it and see if there's anything in there, and I did, and it was completely empty, and a part of me was saying, You knew it was empty all along! and another part of me was saying, Look in your back pocket, and there was my credit card, which had been there when the wallet was lost or stolen, which meant, no one had used (misused) it in my name, and I felt such relief.

This is clearly a dream in which I am processing the loss of my relationship, which I'm leaving, and testing my inner resources, which I had all along.
Ginger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ginger For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2012, 08:15 PM   #14
Spirit Dancer

How Do You Identify?:
Complex but Tender
Preferred Pronoun?:
~Ma`am~
Relationship Status:
Shotgun Rider

Spirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Is there more you care to share on this? You certainly don't have to but it is rather interesting: the time, the repetitiveness of the dream itself, the actually loss of breath...

Something that also caught my attention is that you "saw" yourself, so therefore you are not actually experiencing the actual crushing. And do you wake before the unthinkable?
Actually i am watching myself or so it seems, everything about it is surreal.
When i awaken it's right when the crushing starts
i never see what's crushing me, only that it's taking my breath away.
Now i have my own theory as to why but was hoping for insight from others here.
The Following User Says Thank You to Spirit Dancer For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2012, 08:27 PM   #15
Glenn

How Do You Identify?:
Northwest Wind and Lake Michigan
Preferred Pronoun?:
Paesano
Relationship Status:
Solo

Thanked 3,732 Times in 1,096 Posts
Glenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST Reputation

I think it could be a rare form of sleep paralysis. Somehow your mind became detached from your body in your case, and hurled you pretty quickly back, making your breathing labored which is natural. The main feelings of being crushed, trapped, drowning, and asphyxia are forms of what science calls sleep paralysis. There are many stories and pictures from the past, where folks thought demons or evil spirits were trying to harm them or hijack their bodies by sitting on them. Spirit Dancer, do you also feel the presence of an evil entity or intruder? Try sleeping with a healing blue nightlight or some spiritual tapes.
Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Glenn For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2012, 08:39 PM   #16
tazz

How Do You Identify?:
Athlete/tomboi
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, cutie
Relationship Status:
Estoy recibiendo cómodo con él

Thanked 1,759 Times in 642 Posts
tazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputation

i Love this thread!! thank you stone4play for starting it!

i seem to always have reoccuring dreams of food (emotionally deprived), water (emotions) and time of day and weather inclusive.

lately, i've been having dreams of someone who is interested in me, i don't know who this person is, but they provide me with basic needs of emotional & physical attention, compassion, and stability.
when i wake up, i start thinking... who is this person? or what is my alter ID telling me??

at times i will have family dreams... i figure this is about my past coming up and how i am coping with reality of the daily nitty gritty??

or am i way off??

any thoughts are greatly appreciated!!

tazz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tazz For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2012, 08:44 PM   #17
Spirit Dancer

How Do You Identify?:
Complex but Tender
Preferred Pronoun?:
~Ma`am~
Relationship Status:
Shotgun Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazz View Post
i Love this thread!! thank you stone4play for starting it!

i seem to always have reoccuring dreams of food (emotionally deprived), water (emotions) and time of day and weather inclusive.

lately, i've been having dreams of someone who is interested in me, i don't know who this person is, but they provide me with basic needs of emotional & physical attention, compassion, and stability.
when i wake up, i start thinking... who is this person? or what is my alter ID telling me??

at times i will have family dreams... i figure this is about my past coming up and how i am coping with reality of the daily nitty gritty??

or am i way off??

any thoughts are greatly appreciated!!
Hi Tazz
In my opinion could it be that you've made progress in your life
and the next path is presenting itself in your dreams.
Allowing you to know you're progressing and are able to move forward.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Spirit Dancer For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2012, 08:56 PM   #18
tazz

How Do You Identify?:
Athlete/tomboi
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, cutie
Relationship Status:
Estoy recibiendo cómodo con él

Thanked 1,759 Times in 642 Posts
tazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Hi Tazz
In my opinion could it be that you've made progress in your life
and the next path is presenting itself in your dreams.
Allowing you to know you're progressing and are able to move forward.
***wow thanks Spirit Dancer... then how come i don't see it? or feel it?
i'm alone, emotionally lonely, and feel like i'm geographically displaced..

sorry.. i got on my soap box.

again, i appreciate your input, honest. i do.

tazz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tazz For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2012, 08:59 PM   #19
Spirit Dancer

How Do You Identify?:
Complex but Tender
Preferred Pronoun?:
~Ma`am~
Relationship Status:
Shotgun Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazz View Post
***wow thanks Spirit Dancer... then how come i don't see it? or feel it?
i'm alone, emotionally lonely, and feel like i'm geographically displaced..

sorry.. i got on my soap box.

again, i appreciate your input, honest. i do.
Tazz
Sometimes we are ready, but fail to see what is right under our noses
and need a little nudge. As for being geographically challenged
the road is a beautiful thing full of paths that need forging.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Spirit Dancer For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2012, 11:06 PM   #20
jac
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
butch stone
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
♥ engaged to spritz ♥

Quote:
Actually i am watching myself or so it seems, everything about it is surreal.
When i awaken it's right when the crushing starts
i never see what's crushing me, only that it's taking my breath away.
Now i have my own theory as to why but was hoping for insight from others here.
What I'm getting from this is that the weight of the unidentified crushing is something that is burdening you. That it's taking your breath away is leading me to the chakra system and that would be around the lungs, which is the solar plexus. It's where the etheric energy is and that gives energy to the physical body. Emotions are controled in this area, like when you have a gut feeling, so to speak. I take it as an intuitive alarm sounding or "crushing." Something that will startle you. That you have your own theory pretty much is your intuition... some sort of decision you are working on perhaps?

You don't have to share that with us. Just something for you to think over...