Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Communication, Friendship, Getting To Know One Another

Old 07-21-2011, 07:56 PM   #41
atomiczombie

How Do You Identify?:
Femmesensual Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His
Relationship Status:
Dating

Thanked 3,221 Times in 757 Posts
atomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputation

My best friend doesn't consider me hys best friend, but hy is mine nonetheless. Hy is my best friend because I can tell hym ANYTHING and hy won't judge me. Hy understands me in ways no one else can. Hy always has my back and supports me no matter what is going on in my life. When we don't talk for a while, usually when I am shutting out the whole world, hy calls from time to time just to check up on me and let me know hy cares. Whatever happens in my life, I know I can count on hym and he won't abandon me. I have other friends, a few I consider super close, but none that are really dedicated to me and have my back the way hy does. And I love hym for it. I will always be there for hym no matter what cause hy is an extraordinary person.
atomiczombie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to atomiczombie For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2011, 08:11 AM   #42
msW8ing

How Do You Identify?:
multi-faceted gem, femme, submissive babygirl if the chemistry is there.
Preferred Pronoun?:
lady
Relationship Status:
working on myself

Thanked 2,498 Times in 655 Posts
msW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST Reputation

My best friend started as a date. We quickly realized that our "connection" wasn't romantic but soulful on so many levels. We've been through some shit and always had and will have each others back. Catch each other when we fall or stumble. She's been there when I came out and my family turned thier backs on me. She was there to watch my kids grow, my biggest supporter when I was working 2 and 3 jobs and just felt I couldn't do it another second she somehow knew what to say to give me the strength to continue the fight. I was there when her son passed of SIDS, her daughter and drug addiction, her husband (who has become like a brother to me now) was diagnosed with CHF and she with her illness. We're so connected we has ESP..when I need her she calls without me saying a word and visa versa..it's just like we "know". I'd kill or die for her in a heartbeat without regret or hesitation and she for me. She calls my kids hers. And is just as fiercly protective of them as I. And doesn't hesitate for a second if they need an ass kicking. When my first grandbaby was born and I lived 5 states away and couldn't be there she went to the hospital (even though she can't stand the mama or that family) and took pics for me. Although we've only known each other for 10 or so years it feels as if we've been connected our entire lifetime. To simply refer to one another as a "friend" just doesn't seem enough for us. So we call each other "soul sister" because if ever anyone made us feel whole it is one another.

A lady who knows the ropes..will never be bound. ~Mae West
msW8ing is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to msW8ing For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2011, 09:52 AM   #43
T4Texas

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Ready to play again!

T4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST Reputation

Most of my closest best friends have been gay men as opposed to women. My very best friend was a gay man that I went to high school with. We came out to each other in our senior year and that cemented a friendship that would last for years. We both went through a lot of hard times and even though I moved a few states away, we kept in touch and when he started working as a long distance truck driver, he would occasionally make it to Houston and we would spend some time together. He became ill in 1996 with an aids-related cancer and when things got bad, I drove to Florida and sat with him at the hospital for three days before he passed away. He knew I was there because he smiled real big when I came into the room, but he spent most of the time drugged up so there was no time to catch up or to say those things you want to say to a person at such times. I just sat with him and talked to him for those three days, feeling that he heard every word. I told him how much I loved him and recounted some of our adventures and promised him I wouldnt leave him. The sad thing was that his own mother lived less than 50 miles from the hospital and she wouldnt even come to see him. I keep his picture in my bedroom and I will never forget him. He was my very best friend.
My current best friend is a woman I have known for about 30 years now. We dated for about a year at one time and then later I was there with her through her numerous relationships and all the ups and downs that go with them. We met in the early 80s at a Christmas party of a mutual friend and that night she came to sit by me and we started talking and talking to the point that her GF was giving me the evil eye across the room. *laughs*. It was like an instant connection and after all these years, the connection is still there and we can both make each other laugh like crazy or be deadly serious. She's a great person and I'm glad to have her in my life.
Old 05-25-2012, 08:44 AM   #44
Amber2010

How Do You Identify?:
Happy, Crazy, Bubbly, Funny, Strong, Outgoing, Friendly
Preferred Pronoun?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Complicated

Amber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

My best friend and I became friends through our teen years. Well she was a teen I was early 20's but just the same we seem to be connected in a way I never had with anyone else. She became someone who I thought of all the time. Someone who just got me. I am a little nutty at times but I figured I am always working and taking care of everyone and she is someone who is there to support me but we mostly support each other. We all have our ups and downs and need someone to grab that phone and call or text and know that you will get an answer no matter the time or day. Someone to never worry about what you say or how crazy it sounds. She will tell me the truth even if it is not the answer I want to hear but still let me make my own decision and support me in it completely even if she knows it is the wrong one. I am the same way with her. It never matters who we are with or what we are doing and we work hard to keep each other grounded. I am so very blessed and thank God every day for giving her to me. I think connections with people true ones are very hard to find. Romance comes and goes but a best friend is here to stay forever no matter the trouble you find or the battles you face. They are there!!!!!!
I love you BFF so very much!
Amber2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Amber2010 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2012, 08:25 PM   #45
Lady_Di

How Do You Identify?:
Homo sapien

Thanked 1,486 Times in 315 Posts
Lady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST Reputation

I can absolutely count on my best friend, absolutely. And she can depend on me for whatever it is she may need, forevermore. I adore her partner and her whole family feels like my family. We have all voiced that we are indeed family of choice for each other, though we still do love our families of origin, we have some issues shall we say... LOL

We met back in Salt Lake City many years ago, both of us going thru a rough time, and we helped each other out. Got thru it and grew in spirit together. We helped each other make so many positive changes in our respective lives. I respect her so dang much. I love her trained legal mind and her compassion for all animals of the planet. Her pet rescue history is epic, she is my hero.

We are truly there for each other. Will drop things in a red hot minute should either of us need something or what not.

Just today, I mentioned what my plans were for tomorrow and Monday, taking a load down to NM from here. And she has offered me her Lexus 4x4, which has a lot more room to pack things into. Which means less for my brother to have to take for me, next week. Might even be able to have it completely done by next weekend, which simply amazes me. I have til the 23rd to get everything out and clean, sparkling. I am ever so grateful for a best friend such as my K. Who I have a feeling will be helping me put the spit and polish on this place, so I can get my deposit back in full.

I am blessed and I know it well, deep down into my very soul.
Lady_Di is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lady_Di For This Useful Post:
Old 11-30-2012, 01:45 PM   #46
Sarafemme

How Do You Identify?:
Bisexual Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married but confused

Sarafemme Has the BEST ReputationSarafemme Has the BEST ReputationSarafemme Has the BEST ReputationSarafemme Has the BEST ReputationSarafemme Has the BEST ReputationSarafemme Has the BEST ReputationSarafemme Has the BEST ReputationSarafemme Has the BEST ReputationSarafemme Has the BEST ReputationSarafemme Has the BEST ReputationSarafemme Has the BEST Reputation

I have always struggled with making friends (I'm an introvert who prefers to spend time alone, reading), let alone a best friend.

Two years ago, I met a woman online through a fanfiction-writing Website. Unlike most of the writers there, she was older (31) and a very talented writer. I was instantly drawn to her characterizations, and wanted to get to know her better.

It turned out we had a lot in common: In addition to enjoying writing, reading, and similar music, we were both married to men and childless and felt we had creative callings in our lives. After some months, she finally admitted to me that I was her best friend; she had always felt closer to men as friends and figured she would not have a female best friend again, for some reason. She was gratified that I was the one.

Needless to say, I was elated by this, and quickly returned the feelings. The next few months, we talked to each other in almost-romantic terms (lots of "my girl" and "my love"; anyone reading our communication would have thought we were in a blossoming romantic relationship. Well, it turns out, one of us was....

Quite simply, I developed a huge emotional crush on my friend. I would save endearing comments she had for me in a Word file and look at them when I was feeling down about something. I would long to talk to her every day, and when she wasn't around, I mourned. I wonder if I had done something to upset her.

Meanwhile, irony of ironies, my bestie, who was happily married and had always ID'd as straight, managed to develop a crush on a mutual online (girl) friend of ours. She did and felt similar things that I felt toward her. She told me all of this. My heart broke over and over again.

Finally, my friend called me out on my crush on her, saying she had known about it for a long time, and that to admit I was at least bisexual wouldn't have to change the way I interacted with men and women in my life; that I had, in fact, been living with it for most of my life as it was, but was just unwilling to admit it. She said she didn't feel weird about my crush and just wanted me to be honest with myself about my feelings, and that we were still best friends. (This was also about the time her own girl-crush was waning).

So, despite my crush, we are still best friends. We hope to meet in person someday (we live a 12-hour drive apart). I credit my best friend for helping me face the parts of me I was too scared to face, for helping me become more authentically /myself/, and still loving me anyway. I'm lucky to have 'met' her.
Sarafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sarafemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2013, 11:40 AM   #47
wahya
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:
im good

wahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputation

My bestfriend is a gay man named Mike. We met & grew up in Germany in the early 80's. We have been in constant contact and have lived with each other off and on. Being a military brat .its hard to always to maintain friendships but we have for 32 yrs. I MEAN the best of friends. We learned guitar together written songs together. etc. in 1993 he was diognosed with HIV that crushed me. Of course not as bad as he. But fast forward to now. He is still with us. he is in his last stage of aids and is slowly dying ....just as my heart is. When we talk on the phone. He lives in houston I live in Ma. I went to see him last summer it was horrific. I thought I could handle it. I couldn't. I know it was the last time I would see him alive. I love and trust him. and whasever happens i will always be here for thid wondeful man.
wahya is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wahya For This Useful Post: