Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Celebrity, Music, Television, Internet Culture

Old 06-10-2010, 09:47 AM   #1
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,872 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation
Default Sexual Images of Children in the Media: Promoting Pedophilia?

So I was cruising the internet for creepy pictures to post in people's profiles and came across this image:

Needless to say, Im a little....A LOT....creeped out by this.

I started thinking about ALL of the images and ways that children are sexualized in the media, in pop music, and through toys and wanted a place to talk about it so we could all recognize it a little better.

My baby sis was 9 when she asked for her first Bratz doll. I was not amused by them. Any others?

I wonder why our society rages against pedophilia but so easily embraces the sexualization of children?
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2010, 09:51 AM   #2
T D

How Do You Identify?:
Person of the trans variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Sir, Bro, TD, Stevin
Relationship Status:
On occasion

Thanked 1,123 Times in 310 Posts
T D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST Reputation

Is it just me or does that appear to be a more "grown up" hand in the photo?? I find this very creepy personally. I can't even tell what this ad is for.

T D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 09:53 AM   #3
Abigail Crabby

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Princess
Relationship Status:
Single, but sociable

Thanked 9,667 Times in 2,484 Posts
Abigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST Reputation

This type of media campaign totally creeps me out.

Why do they feed pedophiles these kind of images?

Turns whatever happens to you into a positive...
Abigail Crabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 09:57 AM   #4
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2010, 09:57 AM   #5
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Totally big time fucked up. The fact that they used a child and the word sexy should be illegal. Someone should file a law suit. If someone hasnt already lets do it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2010, 09:58 AM   #6
kassykit

How Do You Identify?:
Just me
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her,
Relationship Status:
Single

kassykit Has the BEST Reputationkassykit Has the BEST Reputationkassykit Has the BEST Reputationkassykit Has the BEST Reputationkassykit Has the BEST Reputationkassykit Has the BEST Reputationkassykit Has the BEST Reputationkassykit Has the BEST Reputationkassykit Has the BEST Reputationkassykit Has the BEST Reputationkassykit Has the BEST Reputation

all i can say to that is .... wow O_O

=Love shared is love doubled.... pain shared is pain cut in half..........share your life with me, and i'll share mine with you...
kassykit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 10:08 AM   #7
PinkieLee

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
I need ya boo, gotta see ya boo

Thanked 13,086 Times in 3,051 Posts
PinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST Reputation

I was flipping through the channels the other night, and saw a part of Toddlers & Tiaras (the reality show about baby pagents ~ think JonBenet Ramsey). It's hard to believe that they have swimsuit events, dress these LITTLE girls up like 20 year old models, and teach them to be flirty with the winking, blowing kisses & shaking their butts. I can't even imagine the self esteem & body image issues these kids are gonna deal with later on down the line. Not to mention, giving pedophiles a "legal" way to have access to these children.

A little while back, there was a lot of debate about a group of 7 year old girls at a dance competition, dancing to Beyonce's "Single Ladies", and even got attention from the ladies on the View.

PinkieLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 10:09 AM   #8
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkieLee View Post
I was flipping through the channels the other night, and saw a part of Toddlers & Tiaras (the reality show about baby pagents ~ think JonBenet Ramsey). It's hard to believe that they have swimsuit events, dress these LITTLE girls up like 20 year old models, and teach them to be flirty with the winking, blowing kisses & shaking their butts. I can't even imagine the self esteem & body image issues these kids are gonna deal with later on down the line. Not to mention, giving pedophiles a "legal" way to have access to these children.

A little while back, there was a lot of debate about a group of 7 year old girls at a dance competition, dancing to Beyonce's "Single Ladies", and even got attention from the ladies on the View.

GIRL, we had MEGA debates about this at my job!!!!!
Old 06-10-2010, 10:09 AM   #9
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

O.M.G.

Old 06-10-2010, 11:51 AM   #10
suebee

How Do You Identify?:
TOWANDA!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Queen Bee
Relationship Status:
Good 'n married.

1 Highscore

Location: Eastern Canada. But if I make a wrong turn at the lights I get stopped by a border guard.
Thanked 2,759 Times in 820 Posts
suebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

.....and their parents LET THEM go on stage like this.

Sorry folks, this thread is too creepy for me. Think I'll just go and watch a zombie or vampire movie. At least then I know what's real and what's not.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:34 PM   #11
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybersuebee View Post
.....and their parents LET THEM go on stage like this.

Not only let them, but cheered and clapped.... I truly don't understand.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:59 PM   #12
Lady Pamela

How Do You Identify?:
A Lady..Femme..Free Spirit with a touch of survivalist woman in me.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Spiritual Warrior..She Ra..Baby Doll, or anything close..ha!
Relationship Status:
In perfect love and perfect trust I believe that will be directed..for now Just friends in my life.

1 Highscore

Location: Live in Utah but take trips to Arkansas. Plan to move there eventually.
Thanked 5,939 Times in 1,609 Posts
Lady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST Reputation

This thread actually made me a lil nausious. But it is a much needed one to get the word out.

I had a friend's daughter pass a few years ago.
My grandaughter's best friend and play mate.
My grandaughter wasn't there this day but usually was.

Desiny Nortan

She wasn't exploited but due to the exposer they read about in the guys diary....This type of thing played into it.

Here is her story:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Destiny..._disappearance

I believe we should start a huge petition against this and start spreading it everywhere. Get ACLU invovled as well.

Though this case was directly related to her, I believe the exposer promtes to all children. In my opinion.

JonBenet Ramsey

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/n...y/index_1.html

These are just 2 example out of many..I agree...something needs to be done.

When negative thoughts come to mind,
Let them die stillborn.
Speak and do posotive in any situation,
And watch your dreams grow and flurish.
If you can't say anything posotive, Zip it up.
Do not give birth to that which you do not want to see grow.
See it, Believe it, Own it, Have it!
~*~ Lady Pamela ~*~
Lady Pamela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 12:06 AM   #13
chefhottie25

How Do You Identify?:
boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
hy
Relationship Status:
happily taken

chefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

I have accidentally found this show too. I disturbed me to say the least. I couldn't believe that the girl's parent actually support and encourage their daughters to compete in these competitions.
chefhottie25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 10:44 AM   #14
Enchantress

How Do You Identify?:
A complex confection.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Miss

Thanked 3,421 Times in 1,201 Posts
Enchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST Reputation

A relevant read:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/13/ma...WT.mc_ev=click
Enchantress is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Enchantress For This Useful Post:
Old 06-14-2010, 10:48 AM   #15
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Thanked 13,118 Times in 3,391 Posts
Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enchantress View Post
Great article--thanks, Enchantress.

I found this part really interesting (and sad):

In his book, “The Triple Bind: Saving Our Teenage Girls From Today’s Pressures,” Stephen Hinshaw, chairman of the psychology department at the University of California, Berkeley, explains that sexualizing little girls — whether through images, music or play — actually undermines healthy sexuality rather than promoting it. Those bootylicious grade-schoolers in the dance troupe presumably don’t understand the meaning of their motions (and thank goodness for it), but, precisely because of that, they don’t connect — and may never learn to connect — sexy attitude to erotic feelings.
Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Soon For This Useful Post:
Old 06-14-2010, 10:55 AM   #16
Enchantress

How Do You Identify?:
A complex confection.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Miss

Thanked 3,421 Times in 1,201 Posts
Enchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST Reputation

“By the time they are teenagers,” she said, “the girls I talk to respond to questions about how their bodies feel — questions about sexuality or desire — by talking about how their bodies look. They will say something like, ‘I felt like I looked good.’ Looking good is not a feeling.”

And yet another reason (link to) that eating disorders are so prevalent. Not to mention body dysphoria. It all starts so very young...
Enchantress is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Enchantress For This Useful Post: