Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Support: Abuse, Addiction, Coping

Old 12-14-2011, 11:00 AM   #501
Countyfem

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her

Countyfem Has the BEST ReputationCountyfem Has the BEST ReputationCountyfem Has the BEST ReputationCountyfem Has the BEST ReputationCountyfem Has the BEST ReputationCountyfem Has the BEST ReputationCountyfem Has the BEST ReputationCountyfem Has the BEST ReputationCountyfem Has the BEST ReputationCountyfem Has the BEST ReputationCountyfem Has the BEST Reputation

Great night, almost 6 hours sleep! Walking the halls has commenced, pain is managed. She's starting to feel froggy again!
Countyfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Countyfem For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2011, 11:26 AM   #502
Novelafemme
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 8,925 Times in 1,834 Posts
Novelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST Reputation

{{{{Jo}}}}} Oh dear

YAY CLAY!!!
Novelafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Novelafemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2011, 06:52 PM   #503
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,892 Times in 5,770 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countyfem View Post
Great night, almost 6 hours sleep! Walking the halls has commenced, pain is managed. She's starting to feel froggy again!
Tell that woman I said it is about time she got up out of that bed!

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 12-15-2011, 01:36 PM   #504
Countyfem

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her

Countyfem Has the BEST ReputationCountyfem Has the BEST ReputationCountyfem Has the BEST ReputationCountyfem Has the BEST ReputationCountyfem Has the BEST ReputationCountyfem Has the BEST ReputationCountyfem Has the BEST ReputationCountyfem Has the BEST ReputationCountyfem Has the BEST ReputationCountyfem Has the BEST ReputationCountyfem Has the BEST Reputation

Hey all, everything is well as expected, she got a shower today and is now in her own clothes so not only does she smell better she looks more herself.
Doc may put a PIC line in tomorrow as she really needs some calories, she is weak as a newborn colt. Her gut started making more noise today but isn't at the point where she can lose the n/g, therefore cannot intake any substance.
But overall her spirit is good, she is back to cracking jokes just have to be patient a little longer.

FYI she says NEVER to have two major surgery's at once, takes too much outta ya.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Countyfem For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2011, 09:42 AM   #505
Countyfem

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her

Morning everyone, PICC line is going in as I type...I hope once they get some nutrients into her she will feel stronger, had a good night they tried to keep the room visits down to every 4 hours as oppossed to the every two that they had been doing. She has had a real good group of folks looking after her and they don't seem to mind me butting in snicker...

Hope evryone is doing well, Jo my prayers are with you and your mom
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Countyfem For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2011, 10:00 AM   #506
midwest chick

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
married

Thanked 1,678 Times in 338 Posts
midwest chick Has the BEST Reputationmidwest chick Has the BEST Reputationmidwest chick Has the BEST Reputationmidwest chick Has the BEST Reputationmidwest chick Has the BEST Reputationmidwest chick Has the BEST Reputationmidwest chick Has the BEST Reputationmidwest chick Has the BEST Reputationmidwest chick Has the BEST Reputationmidwest chick Has the BEST Reputationmidwest chick Has the BEST Reputation

Ok, so just need to lay this out, I really don't understand how in the world this can happen today.

My dad called me Thanksgiving weekend, for a family update. I come from a large family, so it usually takes a while, and that's fine, but at the end of the conversation, he says (rather casually)

"and Robin is recovering from her stroke, and is now walking"

uhhmmm Robin is only 42, WHAT stroke??!!?? She has 4 young children...

"and Meagan's Doctors are giving her 6 months, her biopsy came back Stage IV cervical cancer, and it's in the llymph nodes that they took from her groin and underarms"

WTH---Meagan, my niece, is only 23!! And she usually does her PAPs every 2 years, and she had the vaccine....it's not like she's 30, and never been to the gyn...that's fast growing, it's already in her lymph nodes, and it's bilateral.

have been wigged out for almost a month about this, some of the shock has worn off, but still floored.

Will be making the 10 hour drive more frequently...
midwest chick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to midwest chick For This Useful Post:
Old 12-17-2011, 05:30 PM   #507
Countyfem

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her

Well the PICC didn't go, they sent the in-room group to handle it and they couldn't get to the vein . They did start her on a intravenous solution which has perked her up...Monday they will send her to the OR and cut the PICC in...

On a good note she has been declared cancer free! all Bi-ops came back clear from the surrounding tissue...
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Countyfem For This Useful Post:
Old 12-17-2011, 05:49 PM   #508
Midnight

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her
Relationship Status:
Married to the most beautiful girl in the world

Midnight Has the BEST ReputationMidnight Has the BEST ReputationMidnight Has the BEST ReputationMidnight Has the BEST ReputationMidnight Has the BEST ReputationMidnight Has the BEST ReputationMidnight Has the BEST ReputationMidnight Has the BEST ReputationMidnight Has the BEST ReputationMidnight Has the BEST ReputationMidnight Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Well the PICC didn't go, they sent the in-room group to handle it and they couldn't get to the vein . They did start her on a intravenous solution which has perked her up...Monday they will send her to the OR and cut the PICC in...

On a good note she has been declared cancer free! all Bi-ops came back clear from the surrounding tissue...
Thats great news Country! Sometimes they put a PICC in via radiology (Ultrasound guided). The TPN will be great for her nutrition and hopefully she will see a dietician when she is allowed to start eating again. (After the clear fluid then free fluid stages )
Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Midnight For This Useful Post:
Old 12-17-2011, 08:14 PM   #509
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

The last two days my mother has been getting dizzy when she stands up or walks far at all...evidently this is the dehydration problem returning. They cut her TPN back to 12 hours a day right before she came....so one week later, she's fading.

I have a call in to her oncologist and he'll be adjusting her back to 24/7 TPN. She's not happy about this, but clearly she needs it. In the meantime, Rooster and I are both bringing her drinks every hour or two...otherwise she "forgets." She has never been a plain water drinker....part of the problem.

The doctors are also saying she should not have abdominal pain anymore, shouldn't need her pain meds, and should be able to eat and drink virtually normally. She insists that she can't...and truly seems to be able to eat a maximum of 4 or 5 bites of very soft food. Her abdomen clearly hurts...and she's still on liquid morphine (and a host of other meds).

She is convinced there is something else going on that the doctor isn't seeing. They insist that there isn't...and that she should be much better other than fatigue and nausea from the chemo.

Her condition is not improving at all. She weighed 111 on my scale, 114 on her doctor's....fully dressed.

I can get food in her better than when she was at home or in the hospital....Rooster can amuse her....I can take care of all her other needs...but she is visibly failing...even on chemo.
Old 12-17-2011, 11:12 PM   #510
mustangjeano

How Do You Identify?:
old school stonebutch, Queer TG butch, ranch hand
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
single, not looking

Thanked 1,029 Times in 361 Posts
mustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

That "cancer free" sounds really great. Tell Clay how I am doing the happy dance and fist pumps to celebrate for her. Thanks Countyfemme for all you are doing. You are an angel !!!!
Old 12-17-2011, 11:51 PM   #511
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Fantastic,glad to hear all is going well,it wiont be long till she can go home if it contenues like this.Haveing two surgerys done at once is tough but the flip side its done now the healing can begain.Thanks for the updates,do take care of u while u help Clay.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 12-18-2011, 07:15 AM   #512
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Female/Lesbian/half the athlete I used to be
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,168 Posts
Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJo View Post
The last two days my mother has been getting dizzy when she stands up or walks far at all...evidently this is the dehydration problem returning. They cut her TPN back to 12 hours a day right before she came....so one week later, she's fading.
Jo, may I suggest frozen seedless grapes. Drinking isn't the only way to get hydration into the body. They may help with the dry throat that often
accompanies chemo. Also, grapes are low in acid and full of good things.

As long as there was coffee in the world, how bad could things be??
Dominique is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 12-18-2011, 07:31 AM   #513
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow band View Post
Jo, may I suggest frozen seedless grapes. Drinking isn't the only way to get hydration into the body. They may help with the dry throat that often
accompanies chemo. Also, grapes are low in acid and full of good things.
Thank you for this....we can't do frozen because of the issues she's having with cold things (even her water has to be room temperature), but seedless grapes in general might work.

We've been doing lots of chicken broth, tea with honey, and anything else we can get in her....I picked up a seedless watermelon at the farmers market yesterday and that seems to be working pretty well.
Old 12-18-2011, 06:36 PM   #514
Countyfem

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her

Took two big steps forward today, got rid of the morphine and bowels are talking! May or may not need the PICC line now ( the in room crew used the ultrasound which didn't work the other day) doc will decide tomorrow.
Clay has kept the nursing staff in stitches today so you know she is feeling better and better.
I have kept her updated with all of your good wishes....
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Countyfem For This Useful Post:
Old 12-18-2011, 07:56 PM   #515
ArkansasPiscesGrrl

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her
Relationship Status:
feeling pretty darned blissful right now!

Thanked 3,080 Times in 741 Posts
ArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Please pass my well wishes along as well to Clay.
ArkansasPiscesGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ArkansasPiscesGrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 12-18-2011, 11:06 PM   #516
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

WooooHoooo my buddy is doing great,fantastic!Tell clay I been keeping her in my thoughts and prayers.Now she is getting up and around I wonder how long it will be before she starts chasring cute nurses.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2011, 10:49 AM   #517
Novelafemme
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 8,925 Times in 1,834 Posts
Novelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST Reputation

YAY Clay!!! This is wonderful news! Does she need to have a proper poop before she can leave the hospital, County?

I got an email yesterday from my sister in NYC. She had her second chemo last Friday and already her blood work is showing a positive response to the drugs. The first chemo she had a mild allergic reaction to the rituxin (sp?) so this time the pushed it in super slow and she did great. Her weight is slowly stabilizing and she is no longer coughing!! I am so excited for her and I think she is starting to believe she might beat this thing!!! I made her a chemo blanket using her favorite colors and am popping it into the mail today.

GO CANCER FIGHTERS, GO!!

Jo, I was going to echo YB's frozen fruit recommendation, but since she can't do cold that won't work. I will keep her in my prayers.
Novelafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Novelafemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2011, 03:29 PM   #518
chai~

How Do You Identify?:
Self possessed Aquarian
Preferred Pronoun?:
Don't call me baby~
Relationship Status:
Deliciously single and loving it.

Thanked 3,383 Times in 864 Posts
chai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputation

"cancer free" has such a MAGICAL ring to it, doesn't it!!!!!!
bless bless bless~~~
chai~ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chai~ For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2011, 04:27 PM   #519
Vlasta
BFP Sentinels

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 1,002 Times in 286 Posts
Vlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

thanks for the updated , Cancer free sounds awesome , I was looking on website for Clay status, but could find it . Sending positive energy to your way .

Now that I know where to find it , please tell Clay he is in our minds and I hope he will be back soon . I put many PICC lines in and TPN is good for hys situations .

many hugs

Vlasta
Vlasta is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vlasta For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2011, 12:20 PM   #520
Countyfem

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her

Talking

Great news she is well on the way to gettin' home! No PICC needed, things started rolling Sunday night , on oral liquids today tonight she goes to creamy soups..wheww what a ride. Im sooo happy for her.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Countyfem For This Useful Post: