katsarecool

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Woman
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 1,765 Times in 734 Posts
katsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSunshine View Post
The Pilot's Wife ~ Anita Shreve

So far so good.
I love her books!!!! So well written and the way she builds here characters generates concern with the readers.
Old 11-09-2010, 02:57 PM   #382
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,662 Times in 7,652 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim - David Sedaris.

Thank to whomever recommended him. I'm enjoying this so far.

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2010, 03:36 PM   #383
LipstickLola

How Do You Identify?:
Happy
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 1,597 Times in 433 Posts
LipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST Reputation

Ford County, by John Grisham
LipstickLola is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LipstickLola For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2010, 06:04 PM   #384
daisygrrl

How Do You Identify?:
mouthy but adorable; kinky Gerbera
Preferred Pronoun?:
hey, cutie (or dudette)
Relationship Status:
xoxo

1 Highscore

daisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputation
Default right now...

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Chained-Desk-Second-Workaholics-Clinicians/dp/0814775977/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1289605751&sr=1-1"]Chained to the Desk: A Guide for Workaholics, Their Partners and Children, and the Clinicians who Treat Them[/ame] by Bryan Robinson.

This is a fantabulous book that I keep on my coffee table; I haven't read it all, yet--but I'm savoring it all. As a teacher (and I consider this to be a "helping profession"), I've always needed help establishing boundaries between work and play.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Where-Hope-Begins-Tragedy--Reporter/dp/B003IWYG84/ref=sr_1_10?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1289606120&sr=1-10"]Where Hope Begins: One Family's Journey Out of Tragedy-and the Reporter Who Helped Them Make It[/ame] by Alysia Sofios.

Amazing story of trauma--and survival.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/They-Other-Stories-Borzoi-Books/dp/037584323X/ref=ntt_at_ep_dpi_8"]How They Met & Other Stories[/ame] by David Leviathan--how can the world get any lovelier? This is like Mardi Gras for the brain and heart. Damn, I love this author. He's like David Sedaris with a peppermint. Seriously, he's sweet, witty, and...gawd, so adorable. Don't forget his [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Boy-Meets-David-Levithan/dp/0375832998/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1289606514&sr=1-1"]Boy Meets Boy[/ame]. Both of his books that I've mentioned will make absolute heart-warning Valentines' gifts.

Sending my love out to all you bibliophiles!

Hold on to the lessons, let go of the pain.
--Leslie Feinberg
daisygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to daisygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2010, 06:15 PM   #385
socialjustice_fsu

How Do You Identify?:
Feminine
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
It’s all good.

Location: The gulf waters are sapphire blue and the beach sand is white as snow.
Thanked 2,158 Times in 439 Posts
socialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobi View Post

Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim - David Sedaris.

Thank to whomever recommended him. I'm enjoying this so far.

Sedaris is a writer that has consistently massaged my every emotion. His storytelling is amazing. For me, I would go from tears to really laugh outloud episodes that literally scared my cats off of the couch. Make SURE you read When You Are Engulfed In Flames. Let me know your critique of his writing style. ~ T.
socialjustice_fsu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to socialjustice_fsu For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2010, 06:36 PM   #386
Wryly

How Do You Identify?:
bemused butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
polite ones, please
Relationship Status:
single butch

Thanked 1,568 Times in 620 Posts
Wryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST Reputation

The Audacity of Hope
by Barack Obama
Wryly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wryly For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2010, 08:44 PM   #387
EnderD_503

How Do You Identify?:
Queer, trans guy, butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Relationship

Thanked 3,907 Times in 1,032 Posts
EnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST Reputation

Losing Control: Canada's Social Conservatives in the Age of Rights by Tom Warner
EnderD_503 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to EnderD_503 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2010, 01:05 AM   #388
socialjustice_fsu

How Do You Identify?:
Feminine
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
It’s all good.

Location: The gulf waters are sapphire blue and the beach sand is white as snow.
Thanked 2,158 Times in 439 Posts
socialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputation

Still Alice
Lisa Genova, author.

This book focuses on a 50 year old Harvard Professor of Psychology Linguinstics. She begins to have some unusual symptoms that lead her to the diagnosis of early onset Alzheimer's disease. It follows her descent into forgetfulness, the loss of her dignity and so on. This is a must read for anyone that may be genetically loaded for this disease or if you are caring for anyone in the middle stages of this dreaded diagnosis.
Although the character is fictional the disease facts and the sequential events as the disease progresses is factual. The book has a most unusual ending.

This is worth the time, money and energy to read. I highly recommend it.
socialjustice_fsu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to socialjustice_fsu For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2010, 08:09 AM   #389
afixer

How Do You Identify?:
human
Preferred Pronoun?:
ma'am
Relationship Status:
adrift in my head

Thanked 1,513 Times in 661 Posts
afixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputation

The Kite Runner -Khaled Hosseini

this book made me cry. loved it.

just finished The Girl Who ___ series. loved it too.
afixer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to afixer For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2010, 08:47 AM   #390
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,717 Times in 5,082 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

I am reading 'Unbearable Lightness' by Portia de Rossi. This is a memoir of her life with a focus on modeling, Hollywood, family issues, and her eating disorders. What an intense and well-written book. She really pours her soul into the pages. Celeb books are always questionable but this one feels genuine and shows talent.
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2010, 06:49 PM   #391
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,717 Times in 5,082 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Oh, and it's also about coming out as a lesbian and being married to Ellen DeGeneres, of course!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfembbw View Post
I am reading 'Unbearable Lightness' by Portia de Rossi. This is a memoir of her life with a focus on modeling, Hollywood, family issues, and her eating disorders. What an intense and well-written book. She really pours her soul into the pages. Celeb books are always questionable but this one feels genuine and shows talent.
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2010, 07:27 PM   #392
little_ms_sunshyne

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 12,242 Times in 2,540 Posts
little_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputation

On Our Backs Guide to Lesbian Sex

(for the second time lol)
little_ms_sunshyne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to little_ms_sunshyne For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2010, 06:33 PM   #393
Outlaw

How Do You Identify?:
Cocksure
Preferred Pronoun?:
Cotton Candy Swami
Relationship Status:
Loved and Loving

Outlaw Has the BEST ReputationOutlaw Has the BEST ReputationOutlaw Has the BEST ReputationOutlaw Has the BEST ReputationOutlaw Has the BEST ReputationOutlaw Has the BEST ReputationOutlaw Has the BEST ReputationOutlaw Has the BEST ReputationOutlaw Has the BEST ReputationOutlaw Has the BEST ReputationOutlaw Has the BEST Reputation
Default JP

Letta Neely [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Here-Poetry-Letta-Neely/dp/0966309758"]Here[/ame]

Friday Nights

Mona nibbling neck in the restroom at the theatre.
Lisa didn't think she would make it
through dinner and a movie without coming.
Mona take her food into her mouth slow, she chew slow,
she smile when she chew. She take in every
taste, look up a Lisa. Swallow when
she ready. Smile again. Chew.

Some Friday nights, Lisa
don't wear no panties.
Some Fridays she like
it when Mona rip 'em off
and she got to search
the Sunday ad pagers
for lingerie sales. Some
Fridays she put Mona's dick
and harness in her purse.
Tell Mona to hold her purse while
she go to the restroom. Tell Mona
her breath stank and to check in
there for some chewing gum or something.
Some Fridays, Lisa flirts with every butch
around while Mona watches. Some Fridays,
she let Mona dance with other femmes,
just so she can interrupt,
take her sweet daddy back
behind the coat rack,
give her something special
special, 'fore they
get home.

Last edited by Outlaw; 11-25-2010 at 06:40 PM. Reason: pigish perfectionist
Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Outlaw For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2010, 11:38 PM   #394
katsarecool

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Woman
Relationship Status:
Single

katsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputation

An Indecent Obsession by Collen McCullough~ my alltime favorite author. Written in 1981, this neurologist turned writer can really get into the characters and make them come alive and so human. She also wrote the Thorn Birds a huge bestseller and later made into a movie that was a big hit. This story is about a nurse in the mental ward of a hospital in the South Pacific after WWII; she and all the patients are from Australia and she works her way through their healing and her own.

Colleen also wrote a series of books about Rome; First Man Of Rome, Grass Crown, Ceasar's Women, etc. Seven or eight in all that really capture Rome and it's most famous citizens in all their glory!
Old 11-25-2010, 11:42 PM   #395
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Thanked 13,118 Times in 3,391 Posts
Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation
Default just finished this--so good!!

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Loved-You-Would-Tell-This/dp/1400068576"]If I Loved You, I Would Tell You This.[/ame]

One of the best short story collections I have ever read (and I am not usually a fan of short fiction!).
Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Soon For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2010, 11:56 PM   #396
JakeTulane
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Mr. Prickly Porcupine
Preferred Pronoun?:
Butch - Hy, Hym, Hys
Relationship Status:
She has softened My quills

Thanked 5,264 Times in 2,732 Posts
JakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST Reputation

Night - by Elie Wiesel

Knock Out - Catherine Coulter

Awearness (yes that is how it is spelled) - Kenneth Cole
JakeTulane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JakeTulane For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2010, 12:54 AM   #397
DamonK

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 7,762 Times in 1,881 Posts
DamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST Reputation

Almost done with "An Interview with a Cannibal: Armin Mewin". Um, it's interesting. It's creepy.

Fixing to start "Holocaust: Eastern Jewry".

Bit of a story: In past 8 wks or so, we've had 10 residents pass away. The last one was a bitter blow for me. So, I'm not a fan of religion, but...picked up a bible, started thumbing through it. It's interesting. So I'm reading that too.
DamonK is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DamonK For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2010, 02:04 AM   #398
aldebaran

How Do You Identify?:
trans dude
Preferred Pronoun?:
he, him, uncle, brother, amigo, paisano
Relationship Status:
confirmed batchelor

aldebaran Has the BEST Reputationaldebaran Has the BEST Reputationaldebaran Has the BEST Reputationaldebaran Has the BEST Reputationaldebaran Has the BEST Reputationaldebaran Has the BEST Reputationaldebaran Has the BEST Reputationaldebaran Has the BEST Reputationaldebaran Has the BEST Reputationaldebaran Has the BEST Reputationaldebaran Has the BEST Reputation

Cleopatra by Stacy Schiff

The fascination with Cleopatra has endured through the centuries and Stacy Schiff has written this Pulitzer Prize winning biography that does the most famous woman of the ancient world justice. A brilliant read.

"I do not aim with my hand; he who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father. I aim with my eye."
-Stephen King (Roland Deschain/The Gunslinger)
aldebaran is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aldebaran For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2010, 07:08 AM   #399
katsarecool

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Woman
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldebaran View Post
Cleopatra by Stacy Schiff

The fascination with Cleopatra has endured through the centuries and Stacy Schiff has written this Pulitzer Prize winning biography that does the most famous woman of the ancient world justice. A brilliant read.
oh I want to read this!!!
Old 11-29-2010, 03:30 PM   #400
katsarecool

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Woman
Relationship Status:
Single

Re-reading The Girls Sappho Goes To Hollywood by Diana McLellan. I love this book! Again! The story revolves around Marlene Dietrich, Greta Garbo and Tulluah Bankhead and the women who loved them. Large selection of amazing photograhps as well

Tags
books, reading