Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Support: Abuse, Addiction, Coping

Old 11-24-2009, 10:09 AM   #21
Inuus

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:
Single Not Looking

Inuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST Reputation

Yes not as stinky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotAnAverageGuy View Post
Thats correct not a member of the ferret family, gliders are way cuter and less stinkier anyways
Old 11-24-2009, 10:13 AM   #22
NotAnAverageGuy
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Trans

NotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the roughNotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the roughNotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the roughNotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the rough

Yup when a male glider is fixed their smell goes away... thank god
NotAnAverageGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 01:13 PM   #23
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

I hope all of our fur family kids are all doing well this Thanksgiving holiday.

Love to all my fur godkids - ooxx
Be sure to love on them for me,
Andrew
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2009, 01:39 PM   #24
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,407 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennysparkles View Post
Mr too Andrew, me too. My dogs are both rescues and even after 4 years my beautiful little terrier cross still reacts as if I am going to beat her when I go to put her lead on, it breaks my heart.

I so wish they could talk so I could understand better what they are telling me. But I give them all the love and light I can every day and thank spirit for bringing them to me.

Namaste
One of our rescued cats cowers when you go to pet her head. It wasn't until we noticed her bottom teeth were knocked out that we figured out why. Her tongue always hung out of her mouth and R opened her mouth one day to find a row of teeth gone. I think whoever dumped her in our area must have beat her badly. She's much better than she was in the beginning, now that we brought her inside. She used to get very defensive and swat or hiss at anyone that would get near her. Sometimes that old trigger comes to the forefront and she only does it a little now.......if I could only find the person that did that to her.
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2009, 02:35 PM   #25
NotAnAverageGuy
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Trans

NotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the roughNotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the roughNotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the roughNotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the rough

Poor baby suffering that abuse, ugh I wish humans would leave animals alone and not abuse them, they are pets not punching bags.

Happy Thanksgiving from The Suggie Shack and Harley the dog!!!
Old 11-26-2009, 06:52 PM   #26
Blaze

How Do You Identify?:
With my drivers Lic.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Gentleman.. Depends on the Situation.
Relationship Status:
Last Rodeo, what a ride, many sunrises & sunsets to be had...

Thanked 5,470 Times in 1,450 Posts
Blaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

~Chuckles~ Stinky huh? I think my Ferrets smell earthly. I happen to love my stinky/earthly rascals. I also have 2 mixed Pitts that are as loving as can be, so I agree that they get a bad rap.
I raised about 14 different species of tortoise, all that were given to me because their owners no longer had time for them. As are my Ferrets. I got my 2nd pit from a kennel that someone had left after Katrina, so she is my daughter now.
Will I take in more animals through my life? Yes, definitely!
Will I fight for the animals that cannot speak for themselves? Yes, most definitely.
I have a lot of issues with abandonment of amimals, more than I have time to explain, as well as the many other issues of kill/no kill. I do understand the laws, may not agree, but do understand, but I truly believe, as with any system, there are loop holes and strings that can be pulled to save just one more life.
Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blaze For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2009, 09:40 PM   #27
FeminineAllure

How Do You Identify?:
Female
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
My rainbow is way overdue

7 Highscores

Thanked 2,026 Times in 555 Posts
FeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Great sharing. Thanks to all of you for your love for animals and being the change!
I have some things to share when I am feeling better.
Old 11-27-2009, 01:12 AM   #28
NotAnAverageGuy
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Trans

Yes male gliders urine and marking scent is horrid, worse than a ferret. I can only equate the smell to an used tampon, that's why he was fixed.

What do ya'll think about the Vick dogs and their rehab?

Anyone else watch Pitbulls and Parolees?
Old 11-27-2009, 02:43 AM   #29
Rook

How Do You Identify?:
A.G - Stone Butch - GenderFuck
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hym, Hyz...or, just b respectable, it's not that hard..

Thanked 3,183 Times in 1,287 Posts
Rook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST Reputation
Talking

My Ferrets don't stink..hmph....They have a subtle Musky Aroma...
My boy, I got from a pet store, he was a few days from being sent to Humaine Society, nobody wanted him because he was a "Biter", and evidently the previous Owner that brought him back didn't have the patience to Teach....
He's never bitten me...

My girl, I got from petfinder.com, a shelter had her displayed, after a few Screenings, they actually haggled her price..
She is a young darling, feisty, and has her "Dainty" moments....I noticed immediately why they weren't set on a price, she was 'special needs' and they were understaffed..

Ferrets have a bad reputation, unjustly set on them, which quickly lands them in Shelters, and in Most cases, face unfair Euthanazia because someone didn't a} do their Research b} Didnt care enough c}Realized the Ferret was more than they bargained for...

A ferret is a huge commitment, their Temperament is close to that of a Cat, they can be Aloof, Inquisitive, shy, friendly...
They can live 10-12 years.
The more time you spend, the better you know them and they will Bond with you...
That some Bite? Yes, Why? It's instinct, Ferrets are carnivorous Predators in the wild [ Think Rikki Tikki Tavi, rather than kodo & podo ]
The Biting starts when they're babies, and they play hard...they don't realize Human skin is a lot more delicate than ferret skin...
Oftentimes their Bite is out of Fear/Aggression/Curiosity, you WILL know which is which....Play (they're hopping all over the fucking place "clucking" and throwing tender quick sharp nips, puffed up tail)..Fear ( The ferret is trying to stay away from you, and you insist on grabbing them no puffed up tail, and sometimes "toilet" issues).. Aggression ( The ferret stands ground, cornered, Puffed tail, they will spit/hiss a warning, the rest is your "stupidity").. Curiosity ( If you just ate a peanut butter & jelly sandwich, or a grilled cheese, or put on a Fruity perfume, Flower hand lotion, Their notorious Curiosity will get the better, and they will Instinctively say "YUM", you will not be amused at that moment)...
All but 2 are Fixable, with Patience...
and yes, you CAN teach an old Ferret new Manners...

Many Ferrets sadly wind up in a very Abusive home, and honestly? I think the Person is worthy of a few baseball bat strikes...
If you won't strike a child, or harm a dog..What does the person gain from terrorizing a tiny ferret, hitting them, torturing..?

Many ferrets in this circumstance wind up euthanized, Unless they are taken or dropped off at a No-Kill Ferret Shelter (there's a few out there, Badly in need of Donations, but they work it out), the shelter will keep them rather than Adopt them out, it's a lifelong Trauma for the lil guys....
Some get adopted to very Experienced Hoomans..

Oh, and as for the "smell"...
A Ferret will have a very Ripe cage, if you dont tend it often..
Think about the following..
A ferret has a high metabolism..Constantly active, they will eat almost every 4 hours until they're Full each time....
They require Vitamins sometimes if you give them Sub-Par Ferret food...
Premium Ferret food = not much waste...They absorb nutrients, and have fun...
The digested food has to go somewhere
Every 3-4 hours....
Whether it's pee [Boys will invariably smell stronger, a little less if they're Neutered, and if they're not, KEEP THEM BY THEMSELF, not-neutered male Rivalry can be dangerous, and Deadly, a non-receptive Female spayed or not, will suffer ferret "domestic violence", a weaker male can easily be killed.
Spaying + Neuter, is not an option, it's a Requirement..
Females in Heat will stay in heat until they're pregnant, if they dont get pregnant soon, they can develop aplastic anemia and die]
Or Poop.
It adds up.
The good side?
Ferrets are litter box trainable...
Once again...Patience....
And in some cases [ I dont do this ] They can learn cute tricks...
They also love toys if you surround them with it at an early age[ I pamper mine]..
Old 11-27-2009, 02:51 AM   #30
NotAnAverageGuy
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Trans

Sugar Glider Rescues are few and far between, some end up at some shelters, etc and are put down because noone knows how to take care of them and how to feed them or who to call about them, so it's easier for the shelter just to put them down.
Old 11-27-2009, 08:07 AM   #31
Inuus

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:
Single Not Looking

Inuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST Reputation

Yes I watch Pitbulls and Parolees good show and I really like Rescue Ink thats a really cool show!
Old 11-27-2009, 08:58 AM   #32
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inuus View Post
Yes I watch Pitbulls and Parolees good show and I really like Rescue Ink thats a really cool show!
I'm curious about the Pitbulls and Paroless show. And I've never heard of Rescue Ink. What's that show about? We've been watching Dogs 101 and Cats 101. When we finally settle down (buy house) we want to get a few dogs and cats (after Bobcat passes since she has feline leukemia).

We've been using PetFinders to torture ourselves about what wants we want and what we look for (doesn't make sense to get an animal now since we'll be uprooting and moving to Los Angeles next year). Anyways, I'm rambling at this moment..

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 11-27-2009, 09:30 AM   #33
Rook

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Rook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST Reputation

Rescue Ink is pretty cool..
Reminds me of Animal Cops, 'cept "Tougher"...
Motorcycle riding, tattooed tough guys go about Rescuing abused or neglected animals, place them after taking care..and Educating...
They really get peoples attention, cuz honestly, they don't look like someone you can jerk around *lol*

I love Dogs 101, and Cats 101...makes me wanna adopt most of the pets they discuss...
Most..
They do point out Flaws too...
Dog Whisperers ok, there are times I don't like certain training techniques..but ehh..to each their own
I do however find it hilarious/cute when they deal with Chihuahuas.....and Great Danes/ Mastiffs
Old 11-27-2009, 10:12 AM   #34
Rook

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

I almost forgot..
Every year, Ferret Enthusiasts {aka Obsessed with Ferrets} gather at the Mother of all AFA-sponsored shows, The Buckeye Bash.
Think of it as the ferret version of Pedigree Dog show...or Eukanuba...
Purebreed ferrets, Rescue ferrets.. Show Ferrets competing against "Pet" ferrets.
Yep, ferrets have their own classifications, and sub-classes.
And depending on said classification is the Temperament...
I don't say breed because it's more Color-Fur-Markings than different "breed" altogether.
many people confuse DEW ferrets with Albino...
An albino looks like a demonic possessed Ferret....red eyes, white white white, with a hint of yellow (their natural Oils tint the fur)
a DEW (dark eye'd white) can have very black eyes, and in most cases, an Albino will be either Deaf, or the next mr. Magoo...
Sometimes both...
Cinnamons look like a semi-auborn haired Ferret, y'know,Cinnamon coloured....
Then there's Chocolate point, Sable & Silver...
anything else falls within those types...
Then there's the Markings...
A sable/chocolate/silver Mitt has a white "Bib" under the neck, and their paws have white mitts...
You'll know you have a Silver or a Sable panda when they reach age 3, and "Blow" their Silver, salt+pepper colored Fur, and become close to a DEW

Many people mistake the Seasonal changes for weight issues...
In Autumn, they oftentimes Pack on the Pudge and start growing "Fluffy" fur, by winter, quite a few (Especially Males) look like they Pigged out, and gained considerable weight...

Males are also Twice as big as a female, normally...
In the Shows, some Markings are disqualification-prone...
Blaze, Angora, and sometimes Badgers....
Biting a Judge is instant Disqualify...
and believe me, the Owners have tried every Lame excuse to get their Ferret pardoned....
My fave has been
"Im terribly sorry, Puffins NEVER did this before, He must be nervous, please please give us a second chance, he's due for Breeding soon."
right, sir, he just out of the blue decided my Judge ribbon looked tasty and clamped on my thumb...gotcha

Here's a few Rescue Links [some are no-kill]
http://www.ferretfriends.org/

http://ferretfriends.tripod.com/

{Yes, the following Link is Anonymous...Ferrets are Illegal to own in the state of California...People still do, and "quietly" share ferre-friendly links, vet names etc}
http://www.ferretsanon.com/

http://www.ferret-fact.org/

http://theeducatedferret.net/default.aspx

http://www.furryferretrescue.org/

http://www.ferretguardian.org/

http://www.ferretsunlimited.org/

http://www.hofa-rescue.org/

i don't provide Breeder websites, because I advocate Adoptions, there's plenty that need a Loving home...
But, if you want to Fork over between 350-500 $ U.S. [depends on Coloring, and Purpose of purchase*Pet/Breeding*], feel free to contact me for a Reputable Breeder..not a backyard one.
Old 11-27-2009, 10:50 AM   #35
Inuus

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:
Single Not Looking

I like dogs 101. Great show for people not that educated on certain breeds. Helps them make an informed decision when picking out a breed. Same for cats 101 although in truth Im just not a cat person. NOT that I havent rescued and helped cats...just prefer dogs
Old 11-27-2009, 11:53 AM   #36
Blaze

How Do You Identify?:
With my drivers Lic.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Gentleman.. Depends on the Situation.
Relationship Status:
Last Rodeo, what a ride, many sunrises & sunsets to be had...

Thanked 5,470 Times in 1,450 Posts
Blaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Thank you Rook, I ferret board for people going on human vacation, lol. And they always have lots of questions for me when they come back from vacation. SO now I can hook them up with the links that you have provided.
Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blaze For This Useful Post:
Old 11-27-2009, 11:59 AM   #37
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation

I just cannot work at a shelter or anything of the sort. I get too attached too easily. I tried to work at a PetsMart once rocking cats and kittens, but had to stop. I wanted to bring all the cats and kittens home. They were all rescue cats and kittens and going to be put down if nobody would adopt them. There is a Maryland law that is new that cats, esp. black cats, cannot be sold during Halloween. Too many were abused or found dead.

Michael Vicks...I have a problem with his defense of denial. He knew what was going on at his home in Virginia. In fact, how can he deny that he did not know that there were kennels built on his property? What about the money - his own money - that he used for gambling on the dogs? And what about when M. Vicks' killed the dogs himself? How can he possibly "imagine" that one? I don't get it. Not at all.

When the Phili Eagles signed him on for a million and a half for a year then his salary goes up for even more money, I was shocked. I believe in forgiveness. I do. However, I really have mixed emotions on him.
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 12:30 PM   #38
violaine
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
atypical
Preferred Pronoun?:
plague words and phrases
Relationship Status:
love wise guys of the avian world

Thanked 3,294 Times in 1,301 Posts
violaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

<3 the gang at rescue ink !!
violaine is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to violaine For This Useful Post:
Old 11-27-2009, 01:34 PM   #39
NotAnAverageGuy
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Trans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
I'm curious about the Pitbulls and Paroless show. And I've never heard of Rescue Ink. What's that show about? We've been watching Dogs 101 and Cats 101. When we finally settle down (buy house) we want to get a few dogs and cats (after Bobcat passes since she has feline leukemia).

We've been using PetFinders to torture ourselves about what wants we want and what we look for (doesn't make sense to get an animal now since we'll be uprooting and moving to Los Angeles next year). Anyways, I'm rambling at this moment..
Pitbulls and Parolees is about a woman who runs a pitbull rescue I wanna say in Arizona, she hires parolees to help her run her rescue, basically giving both the dogs and parolees a second chance all the way around, she is VERY strict on how she runs her rescue and who she allows to adopt a pitbull from her. Some of the parolees she has had working for her have turned their life around, some prolly not.

Rescue Ink, is a bunch of tattooed big guys who go help rescue dogs from bad situations.

http://animal.discovery.com/tv/pitbulls-and-parolees/

http://channel.nationalgeographic.co...d/all/Overview
Old 11-27-2009, 02:05 PM   #40
violaine
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
atypical
Preferred Pronoun?:
plague words and phrases
Relationship Status:
love wise guys of the avian world

Thanked 3,294 Times in 1,301 Posts
violaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputation
http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/IN86.html

Who We Are:

We are an animal control facility as well as an animal shelter. The mission of the Department is to work in partnership with the community to address problems associated with pet overpopulation, to promote responsible pet ownership and to enhance the health and safety of the community through the adoption of pets and the enforcement of ordinances and laws regarding animal-related issues.

hi. the link i posted above is not in my county, but we view johnson county animal control shelter as a "model" shelter [more on that later with regard to the shelter work i am doing in my own neighbouring county].

i thought i'd share the info on sugar-free candy and gum during the holiday season.
violaine is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to violaine For This Useful Post: