Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Support: Abuse, Addiction, Coping

Old 03-04-2013, 09:03 AM   #41
deb0670

How Do You Identify?:
femme/ baby girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 6,027 Times in 1,189 Posts
deb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputation

WOOHOO UPDATE
Dr just came in and said that he will be working on transfer papers to have Ethan transferred to a regular room and out of the ICU today!
His fever has FINALLY broken and his temp has been at 98.5 for more than 4 hrs! His heart rate is at a steady 90! His blood sugar still needs some help however it is NOWHERE near as high as it was!
God is good!
Thank Y/y'all so so so much for all the prayers, well wishes, positive thoughts and energy.. They are working! this girl is no longer scared!!
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to deb0670 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-04-2013, 09:07 AM   #42
Katniss

How Do You Identify?:
Dame, doll, twist, dish
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ladylike ones
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,391 Times in 2,094 Posts
Katniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST Reputation

So, so happy to hear it!! Big hugs and keep my number, if you need anything at all please call.

Katniss~~
Katniss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Katniss For This Useful Post:
Old 03-04-2013, 09:08 AM   #43
Heavenleahangel

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Femme; Earth bound Angel and Babygirl;
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Angel, as long as it's respectful
Relationship Status:
Waiting for the One who can complete me

Thanked 2,069 Times in 468 Posts
Heavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST Reputation

Wonderful news!!! I'm sending prayers your way for a speedy recovery!
Old 03-04-2013, 09:11 AM   #44
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,688 Times in 7,716 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Great news pnut! Hugs for you both. Happy to read this great Update. Stay strong, you can do it!!! Love you both
Old 03-04-2013, 09:15 AM   #45
Boots13

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
No

Thanked 2,315 Times in 428 Posts
Boots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Wishing you a speedy recovery !!
Boots13 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Boots13 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-04-2013, 10:25 AM   #46
PoeticWitch

How Do You Identify?:
Queer... that is all you get
Preferred Pronoun?:
um... she.. I think... *shrug* call me anything that pleases ya
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 1,131 Times in 377 Posts
PoeticWitch Has the BEST ReputationPoeticWitch Has the BEST ReputationPoeticWitch Has the BEST ReputationPoeticWitch Has the BEST ReputationPoeticWitch Has the BEST ReputationPoeticWitch Has the BEST ReputationPoeticWitch Has the BEST ReputationPoeticWitch Has the BEST ReputationPoeticWitch Has the BEST ReputationPoeticWitch Has the BEST ReputationPoeticWitch Has the BEST Reputation

I know I am late as ever.. but better late then never.

Healing thoughts and prayers for Ethan

Warm thoughts and love for Deb

Happy Birthday Ethan! Time to grow up honey! you need to take better care of yourself! Not just for you but for your girl there and the kidlette! I know how it feels to wonder if someone I love is going to make it this time. If only they did a lil something more for themselves it would help everyone. I am not trying to be a bitch. This is called tough love. I have to do it too. My blood sugar is totally out of whack, and a series of other medical issues. I am taking a quarter off of school to get my shit together honey. If I can you can! I love you and I love Deb. Lets be good examples and take care of ourselves, for us and our loved ones.

Deb I am here for you whenever.

Ducky
Old 03-04-2013, 10:35 AM   #47
curlyredhead

How Do You Identify?:
Female to Male "Straight"
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Taken

curlyredhead Has the BEST Reputationcurlyredhead Has the BEST Reputationcurlyredhead Has the BEST Reputationcurlyredhead Has the BEST Reputationcurlyredhead Has the BEST Reputationcurlyredhead Has the BEST Reputationcurlyredhead Has the BEST Reputationcurlyredhead Has the BEST Reputationcurlyredhead Has the BEST Reputationcurlyredhead Has the BEST Reputationcurlyredhead Has the BEST Reputation
Default Sending Get Well Wishes your way!

Ethan, we are thinking about you here on the planet. Get well soon! Deb we are here for you, keeping yall in our thoughts and prayers!
curlyredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to curlyredhead For This Useful Post:
Old 03-04-2013, 11:25 AM   #48
deb0670

How Do You Identify?:
femme/ baby girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 6,027 Times in 1,189 Posts
deb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputation

* feeling the fear try to creep back up* Now they are saying something is wrong with his kidneys . They just did an ultrasound. An his fever is starting to climb again.. 99.1 ... Please keep prayin and stuff.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to deb0670 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-04-2013, 11:52 AM   #49
PwrFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Married to HeelBilli

1 Highscore

PwrFemme Has the BEST ReputationPwrFemme Has the BEST ReputationPwrFemme Has the BEST ReputationPwrFemme Has the BEST ReputationPwrFemme Has the BEST ReputationPwrFemme Has the BEST ReputationPwrFemme Has the BEST ReputationPwrFemme Has the BEST ReputationPwrFemme Has the BEST ReputationPwrFemme Has the BEST ReputationPwrFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Ethan and Deb,

Heel and I are both thinking of you and hoping everything comes out okay. I understand the fear as I went through it 16 months ago with Heel. Try to pull all the positive thoughts you can and be strong. So many people here are cheering for you! Keeping you in our thoughts and prayers.

Heel and Pwr
Old 03-04-2013, 11:54 AM   #50
PinkieLee

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
I need ya boo, gotta see ya boo

Thanked 13,087 Times in 3,051 Posts
PinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST Reputation

Sending thoughts & prayers his way!!!
PinkieLee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PinkieLee For This Useful Post:
Old 03-04-2013, 12:51 PM   #51
diamondrose

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,895 Times in 923 Posts
diamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputation

Sending all my support and positive energy!
diamondrose is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to diamondrose For This Useful Post:
Old 03-04-2013, 01:18 PM   #52
goodlilfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Daddy's girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
beautiful , gorgeous, breathtaking
Relationship Status:
running through somebody's mind and my legs are not exhausted in fact they're stronger then ever

goodlilfemme Has the BEST Reputationgoodlilfemme Has the BEST Reputationgoodlilfemme Has the BEST Reputationgoodlilfemme Has the BEST Reputationgoodlilfemme Has the BEST Reputationgoodlilfemme Has the BEST Reputationgoodlilfemme Has the BEST Reputationgoodlilfemme Has the BEST Reputationgoodlilfemme Has the BEST Reputationgoodlilfemme Has the BEST Reputationgoodlilfemme Has the BEST Reputation
Default hugs my friend deb

deb you and ethan are in my thoughts and prayers . holding you dear . wish nothing but a healthy outcome for ethan. hugssss my friend deb lots and lots of hugs . always goodlilfemme

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb0670 View Post
* feeling the fear try to creep back up* Now they are saying something is wrong with his kidneys . They just did an ultrasound. An his fever is starting to climb again.. 99.1 ... Please keep prayin and stuff.
goodlilfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to goodlilfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-04-2013, 01:25 PM   #53
DMW

How Do You Identify?:
FTM/Male (Will 14)
Relationship Status:
Caught An Angel and she doesn't lie!

Thanked 1,861 Times in 614 Posts
DMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST Reputation

Hi deb, I don't know much and haven't read all posts but...sounds like he has an infection. Is he diabetic? If not...gotta find that infection and they have to watch his blood pressure and electrolytes. Especially his potassium. The glucose will feed the enemy which, reducing that sugar brought down his fever...most likely. Tell them to Find the infection. You watch his bp. And hang in there. They should or possibly put him on dialysis to assist his kidney function. I am no health care professional but been through a lot...helping people.

And deep breaths and God Bless...give you strength!
Gotta go
DMW is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DMW For This Useful Post:
Old 03-04-2013, 02:08 PM   #54
RNguy

How Do You Identify?:
trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He preferredably :)
Relationship Status:
the pitbull <€

Thanked 2,267 Times in 510 Posts
RNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST Reputation
Default feel better !!!

I'm glad he is out of DKA.
Hourly and 30 min fingersticks around the clock is no fun
Get better soon and hang in there deb
RNguy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RNguy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-04-2013, 02:11 PM   #55
DMW

How Do You Identify?:
FTM/Male (Will 14)
Relationship Status:
Caught An Angel and she doesn't lie!

Thanked 1,861 Times in 614 Posts
DMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST Reputation

Hey, sorry that I had to run away without finishing. See, I read your post about his high glucose levels...so, wonder if he is diabetic. The ketones can damage the kidneys and those get high when glucose is high. But once the glucose is under control then you move on. It must be monitored obviously and kept under control along with the electrolytes...( the electron balance that help your organs function properly and fluid regulation) So monitor his piss... kidney function And his bp.

My main point is...he must have an infection and it is imperative that they identify it and give the proper medication to eradicate it. The dialysis is not a bad thing because of the ketone overload and the infection. So, don't be afraid of that. It will help him. You may even inquire with the nurse or dr. Or both.

And you watch you bp too. God bless and give you both strength.
DMW is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DMW For This Useful Post:
Old 03-04-2013, 02:37 PM   #56
barnes

How Do You Identify?:
butch tg
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
single

barnes Has the BEST Reputationbarnes Has the BEST Reputationbarnes Has the BEST Reputationbarnes Has the BEST Reputationbarnes Has the BEST Reputationbarnes Has the BEST Reputationbarnes Has the BEST Reputationbarnes Has the BEST Reputationbarnes Has the BEST Reputationbarnes Has the BEST Reputationbarnes Has the BEST Reputation

my prayers are with you and ethan !
barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to barnes For This Useful Post:
Old 03-04-2013, 03:36 PM   #57
GreeneyedMe

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Sweet Femme ones
Relationship Status:
Peeking around the corner...

Thanked 4,375 Times in 804 Posts
GreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Big hugs and lots of prayers for both of you. I hope he will continue to improve.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:42 PM   #58
alexri

How Do You Identify?:
-

Thanked 2,799 Times in 468 Posts
alexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputation

Glad to hear the positive update! Wish Ethan a happy birthday and a speedy recovery.

Deb I hope you get some rest soon too. Hang in there.
alexri is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to alexri For This Useful Post:
Old 03-04-2013, 06:49 PM   #59
OldSchoolButch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch/Daddy

OldSchoolButch Has the BEST ReputationOldSchoolButch Has the BEST ReputationOldSchoolButch Has the BEST ReputationOldSchoolButch Has the BEST ReputationOldSchoolButch Has the BEST ReputationOldSchoolButch Has the BEST ReputationOldSchoolButch Has the BEST ReputationOldSchoolButch Has the BEST ReputationOldSchoolButch Has the BEST ReputationOldSchoolButch Has the BEST ReputationOldSchoolButch Has the BEST Reputation

DMV it is Diabetic ketoacidosis and yes he is diabetic. Deb is awaiting the kydney test as I type this. It has been a up down roller coaster for both of them but they are watching him closely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMW View Post
Hey, sorry that I had to run away without finishing. See, I read your post about his high glucose levels...so, wonder if he is diabetic. The ketones can damage the kidneys and those get high when glucose is high. But once the glucose is under control then you move on. It must be monitored obviously and kept under control along with the electrolytes...( the electron balance that help your organs function properly and fluid regulation) So monitor his piss... kidney function And his bp.

My main point is...he must have an infection and it is imperative that they identify it and give the proper medication to eradicate it. The dialysis is not a bad thing because of the ketone overload and the infection. So, don't be afraid of that. It will help him. You may even inquire with the nurse or dr. Or both.

And you watch you bp too. God bless and give you both strength.
OldSchoolButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OldSchoolButch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-04-2013, 07:08 PM   #60
Finn

How Do You Identify?:
Old School Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy
Relationship Status:
Me and my lil doggie too....

Location: MA. Where the Skies are Blue and the Mountains are Green..
Finn Has the BEST ReputationFinn Has the BEST ReputationFinn Has the BEST ReputationFinn Has the BEST ReputationFinn Has the BEST ReputationFinn Has the BEST ReputationFinn Has the BEST ReputationFinn Has the BEST ReputationFinn Has the BEST ReputationFinn Has the BEST ReputationFinn Has the BEST Reputation

You know you both have my support and are in my Prayers. Stay strong for now Deb,,and you know how to get me if you need a shoulder or to just talk..Tell my Bro I said get better man!! *S* Hang in there both of you ...xoxdo

“Anyone can become angry – that is easy, but to be angry with the right person at the right time and for the right purpose and in the right way – that is not within everyone’s power and that is not easy.”
- Aristotle

"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance."
—Laurence Peter

Finn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Finn For This Useful Post: