Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 06-01-2017, 07:14 PM   #81
cricket26

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
must be love on the brain

Thanked 4,249 Times in 1,297 Posts
cricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayandgray View Post
So I gave it a shot and made the over night oats! I googled it and it said u didn't have to use a glass jar, that plastic was fine. Someone suggested an empty peanut butter jar and since I planned on putting pb and bananas in mine, that's what I used. Well...... they came out so-so. I don't know if I really care for them? I will try again with the glass mason jar and maybe regular milk? I used soymilk.

did you use regular oats or steel cut?

i like the steel cut, and my gf likes regular, also i use almond milk (not the unsweetned kind)

i put them in tupperware type containers with twist on lids

cricket26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 10:48 PM   #82
Gayandgray

How Do You Identify?:
Femme-ish, tomboy lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Together a really long time

Thanked 12,910 Times in 3,079 Posts
Gayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket26 View Post
did you use regular oats or steel cut?

i like the steel cut, and my gf likes regular, also i use almond milk (not the unsweetned kind)

i put them in tupperware type containers with twist on lids
I used regular. How does the Tupperware work for you?
Old 07-15-2017, 07:01 AM   #83
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Thanked 20,325 Times in 5,678 Posts
Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation
Default Recipe

I am thinking about making chicken enchiladas today so I am working up a recipe in my head. I can poach the chicken, shred it, and then mix it with cream cheese for the filling. I want to make a green sauce. I have salsa verde so maybe I can use that some how.

Any suggestions?
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 12:18 PM   #84
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
I am thinking about making chicken enchiladas today so I am working up a recipe in my head. I can poach the chicken, shred it, and then mix it with cream cheese for the filling. I want to make a green sauce. I have salsa verde so maybe I can use that some how.

Any suggestions?
Sounds like you have the mixings all down, I'd use fresh tomotillios roasted and blended with 1/2 sweet onion, 1 fresh jalipino roasted and seeded, and 1 clove of garlic for the green sauce. saltnpepper totaste. I use a cup of orange juice and a table spoon of worschishire to poach the chicken, add fresh chopped celantro after shredding. Turn up the heat in the pan after the chicken comes out, while shredding chicken let the juices reduce by half, add back shredded chicken and sop up the flavor, then make the filling. Add some sauce to the bottom of tray, add enchelladas and cover with the rest of the sauce, add cheese to the top and bake for 15 minutes at 350*. Hot bubbly goodness.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2017, 01:09 PM   #85
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkey View Post
Sounds like you have the mixings all down, I'd use fresh tomotillios roasted and blended with 1/2 sweet onion, 1 fresh jalipino roasted and seeded, and 1 clove of garlic for the green sauce. saltnpepper totaste. I use a cup of orange juice and a table spoon of worschishire to poach the chicken, add fresh chopped celantro after shredding. Turn up the heat in the pan after the chicken comes out, while shredding chicken let the juices reduce by half, add back shredded chicken and sop up the flavor, then make the filling. Add some sauce to the bottom of tray, add enchelladas and cover with the rest of the sauce, add cheese to the top and bake for 15 minutes at 350*. Hot bubbly goodness.
That sounds yummy. Thank you for your suggestions.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2017, 01:19 PM   #86
justkim

How Do You Identify?:
Me...
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
<3 myself

Thanked 6,801 Times in 1,553 Posts
justkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputation

Chad, you could also add diced green chili's and shredded cheese and even a can of cream of chicken soup to your filling mixture. Add some chicken broth to your salsa verde and you will have a fantastic green sauce. You could also make it yourself using fresh tomatillo's, white onion diced and a couple of jalapenos and bake them for about 20 minutes at 350. You'll want to cut your tomatillo's in half and you can add as many jalapenos that you want for extra kick. Once you baked all the ingredients I mentioned you can add them to your blender or food processor and blend away to a consistency that you like.
Thanks to the useless information that runs around in my head I have to share this handy little bit of information. You can use your hand mixer to shred your chicken breasts. Happy cooking!

Quote:

Any suggestions?

"A word of encouragement during a failure is worth more than an hour of praise after success."
- Unknown -
justkim is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to justkim For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2017, 04:53 PM   #87
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by justkim View Post
Chad, you could also add diced green chili's and shredded cheese and even a can of cream of chicken soup to your filling mixture. Add some chicken broth to your salsa verde and you will have a fantastic green sauce. You could also make it yourself using fresh tomatillo's, white onion diced and a couple of jalapenos and bake them for about 20 minutes at 350. You'll want to cut your tomatillo's in half and you can add as many jalapenos that you want for extra kick. Once you baked all the ingredients I mentioned you can add them to your blender or food processor and blend away to a consistency that you like.
Thanks to the useless information that runs around in my head I have to share this handy little bit of information. You can use your hand mixer to shred your chicken breasts. Happy cooking!

Thank you, that sounds yummy. The enchiladas are in the oven.
Old 07-15-2017, 05:35 PM   #88
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,160 Times in 5,130 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by justkim View Post
. . . I have to share this handy little bit of information. You can use your hand mixer to shred your chicken breasts.
That's brilliant; I had never thought of that. Thank you!

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2017, 09:59 AM   #89
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Default Recipe

I want fried rice but I have never made it. I looked at some recipes but it seems out of my comfort zone.

Any suggestions?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2017, 10:39 AM   #90
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I want fried rice but I have never made it. I looked at some recipes but it seems out of my comfort zone.

Any suggestions?
Order In.................
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2017, 10:40 AM   #91
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Any suggestions?
OR maybe invite a girlie over who knows how to make it and barter with a nice foot massage?
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2017, 10:46 AM   #92
cricket26

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:

cricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Any suggestions?

the secret is the egg...if you can scramble eggs you can do it!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cricket26 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2017, 10:47 AM   #93
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
Order In.................
I can't order in here at the ranch. Bummer.
Old 07-29-2017, 10:48 AM   #94
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
OR maybe invite a girlie over who knows how to make it and barter with a nice foot massage?
Yes, that would be nice. Do you know any single girls that can cook?
Old 07-29-2017, 10:49 AM   #95
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket26 View Post
the secret is the egg...if you can scramble eggs you can do it!
Thanks, I can scramble eggs.
Old 07-29-2017, 10:56 AM   #96
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Yes, that would be nice. Do you know any single girls that can cook?

Hey as much as I like you bro, if I did, I'd invite them over here and barter with them with a foot massage..............
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2017, 12:35 PM   #97
knight

How Do You Identify?:
Butch

knight Has the BEST Reputationknight Has the BEST Reputationknight Has the BEST Reputationknight Has the BEST Reputationknight Has the BEST Reputationknight Has the BEST Reputationknight Has the BEST Reputationknight Has the BEST Reputationknight Has the BEST Reputationknight Has the BEST Reputationknight Has the BEST Reputation

I always start with cold leftover rice... it fries really well with a bit of sesame oil and scrambled eggs. If you want veggies and protein cook that first with a bit of sesame oil, add the rice and scrambled eggs.

I think I will make pad thai today for dinner... what ever you have, enjoy!

Quote:

Any suggestions?
knight is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to knight For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2017, 01:51 PM   #98
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by knight View Post
I always start with cold leftover rice... it fries really well with a bit of sesame oil and scrambled eggs. If you want veggies and protein cook that first with a bit of sesame oil, add the rice and scrambled eggs.

I think I will make pad thai today for dinner... what ever you have, enjoy!
Thank you, that is very helpful advice.
Old 07-29-2017, 02:02 PM   #99
cricket26

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayandgray View Post
I used regular. How does the Tupperware work for you?

these are great for refrigerator oats! (rubbermaid makes them)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cricket26 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2017, 04:22 PM   #100
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Quote:

Any suggestions?
It worked! I made fried rice and I am eating it now. Yummy!

Thank you Knight and Cricket26.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post: