Old 08-17-2010, 10:18 AM   #41
sweetfemme247

How Do You Identify?:
fem
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme, she, her, baby, sweetie
Relationship Status:
holding my heart close and putting back up a wall

sweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputation

hmm i might shop around alittle, i have this problem since i work in production in a warehouse of goodwill, im around dust all the time, and my chin and around my mouth break out and i have tried every cleaning thing i can find and nothing works.

Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design for the present.
Jim Rohn
sweetfemme247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 10:32 PM   #42
blush

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
I'm with goofy.

Thanked 2,376 Times in 616 Posts
blush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by softness View Post
I
So how do you pick your shades? ANd has anyone done a complete change of color palate like I seem to have done?
I've always gone with a shade of lipstick that's close to my natural lip color. Maybe a shade darker or lighter. I'm not very adventurous with lip color, though.

I would go and play at the dept. store. They can show you a lot of different ranges of color on your face. I'd do it on a weekday when they have more time and less crowds.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blush For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2010, 11:01 PM   #43
apretty

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
sea shell
Relationship Status:
married

Thanked 4,377 Times in 1,015 Posts
apretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputation

i frequently tell E that he's a *winter* to his confusion and my amusement.
apretty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to apretty For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2010, 11:23 PM   #44
blush

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
I'm with goofy.

Thanked 2,376 Times in 616 Posts
blush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by apretty View Post
i frequently tell E that he's a *winter* to his confusion and my amusement.
I'm a SPRING!!
The Following User Says Thank You to blush For This Useful Post:
Old 08-19-2010, 07:29 AM   #45
BarbaraRyan

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Miss
Relationship Status:
Single and Looking

BarbaraRyan Has the BEST ReputationBarbaraRyan Has the BEST ReputationBarbaraRyan Has the BEST ReputationBarbaraRyan Has the BEST ReputationBarbaraRyan Has the BEST ReputationBarbaraRyan Has the BEST ReputationBarbaraRyan Has the BEST ReputationBarbaraRyan Has the BEST ReputationBarbaraRyan Has the BEST ReputationBarbaraRyan Has the BEST ReputationBarbaraRyan Has the BEST Reputation

I have small lips too. I usually emphasize my eyes instead. I've read that lining just outside the natural lipline helps, but I am not good with lipliner. So, I don't do that.

And I'm a fall and I don't like colors - go figure!

BarbaraRyan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BarbaraRyan For This Useful Post:
Old 08-19-2010, 08:50 AM   #46
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,621 Times in 3,976 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

It was suggested that as a silver hair I am a cool. I do remember being told that before. When my hair was dark, I was winter. Amazing what hair color can do...its not just skin tone!

I have a thin upper lip. (I had a BF who teased me about it...grrr...thats like me pointing out a male ID's butch's "breast" size...stings, ya know!) I have a hard time with colors too because of it. I try staying close to my lip shade, with muted pinks but in winter, (I dont know why it makes a difference) I can wear dark colors and they look good. I LOVE the cool colors...but am afraid to wear them. Something inside says I am too old for them.....
The Following User Says Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2011, 08:19 PM   #47
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Thanked 13,118 Times in 3,391 Posts
Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

I am loving these 2 new skin care products that I bought over the holidays!

Patricia Wexler M.D. Dermatology
MMPi.20™ Skin Regenerating Serum 3.4 oz

Patricia Wexler M.D. Dermatology
Sensitive Skin MMPi-20® Comforting & Renewing Serum

-----

You can find Wexler's products at Bath and Body. I have sensitive skin and these two products are working really well...no irritation and non-greasy.
Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Soon For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2011, 08:32 PM   #48
Chancie

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme-inist
Relationship Status:
I'm lucky.

1 Highscore

Thanked 14,354 Times in 2,670 Posts
Chancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST Reputation

I would use fancier products if I wasn't afraid that I would waste money on the wrong product.

But I have fair sensitive dry skin, so I've been using

and

Chancie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chancie For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2011, 12:27 PM   #49
Sparkle

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, please
Relationship Status:
Loved Up

Thanked 6,624 Times in 1,561 Posts
Sparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST Reputation

I have very sensitive skin so I use Clinique skin care products - they don't seem to bother me like other brands do:

*take the day off, makeup remover
*all about eyes
*clarifying lotion
*dramatically different moisturizer for my skin type
*moisture surge for my skin type (in the winter)
*clinique sun SPF50 (in the summer)

Otherwise my staple makeup products:

YSL Touche Eclat - highlighter (for under the eyes),
truly a luxury product. tip: its about $10 cheaper through duty free, grab it (or have someone grab it for you) when flying internationally or crossing the border.

Benefit - creaseless cream eye shadow/liners:
I wear 'birthday suit' for casual daytime wear, 'busy signal', 'get figgy' or 'strut' or a combination for evening.

Benefit - sugarbomb face powder (for cheeks)

Benefit - bad girl lash in plum (great for brown eyes)

Benefit - silky finish lipstick in: 'good to go-go' or 'rocket pop' they're sheer and soft and easy to apply on the go.

Shiseido - lipstick for nighttime - P7 Red Luxe, Rouge Faste
Old 03-02-2013, 04:41 PM   #50
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
He’s my One & Only

Thanked 32,012 Times in 9,950 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default Lavender Sugar Scrub

I like to use lavender, a lot, for candles and I even make a specialty bread with dried lavender.
I even use lavender to make my own sugar scrub. The recipe is simple (the measurement is by ratio):

2 parts organic crystalline sugar
1 part coconut oil
1/2 cup of epsom salt
1 cup of dried lavender
several drops of organic lavender oil

Directions: If the coconut oil is in a solid state, warm the coconut oil to the extent that it is in liquid state. Take the liquid coconut oil and combine it with the crystalline sugar, epsom salts, dried lavender and lavender oil. Mix well. The final appearance of your sugar scrub product should be a grainy texture that you can store in a glass or ceramic jar. Store in a cool place so that the coconut oil can return to its solid state.

I love to use a sugar scrub on my face, feet, arms, hands and legs
because it leaves my skin feeling and looking very soft and pretty.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2013, 05:22 PM   #51
MissItalianDiva

How Do You Identify?:
Miss Twiggy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious and that shit doesn't sound atrocious!
Relationship Status:
divorce happens..all that glitters ain't gold

Thanked 7,161 Times in 1,793 Posts
MissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST Reputation

I never thought this day would come but it has and I officially love another product more then an artistry brand...I am a die hard MAC and MUF girl with some Dior leanings but this is simply amazing http://www.urbandecay.com/naked-skin...start=2&cgid=4
MissItalianDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MissItalianDiva For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2013, 05:26 PM   #52
MissItalianDiva

How Do You Identify?:
Miss Twiggy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

MissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST Reputation

Another favorite of mine http://www.benefitcosmetics.com/prod...-porefessional this is a fabulous product that can be used as a primer before hand or as a touch up/oil control throughout the day. The best part is a very very little goes a long way and it truly makes your skin smooth as butter which is wonderful for application purposes.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MissItalianDiva For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2013, 05:35 PM   #53
MissItalianDiva

How Do You Identify?:
Miss Twiggy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Another new product I have been using that I have grown to love is http://www.urbandecay.com/Naked-skin...start=1&cgid=4 Now the deal with this BB cream is a bit different. It only comes in one "shade" because the pigments it is made up of actually diffuse light. So when applying it wont initially match most folks skin but wait 4 min or so and you will see it begin to activate. I am not thrilled with the SPF of 20 but it is better then some others. The anti aging benefits Vitasource and dGlyage make this a winner for me. Also I have noticed it does in fact even out your skin tone.

The other pluses here is it can be used as a primer or you can wear it alone. The moisturizer in this is non greasy and would be great for someone with combo skin, dry skin or even oily since it does not add oil properties.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MissItalianDiva For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2013, 07:35 PM   #54
meridiantoo

How Do You Identify?:
A Speck in the Milky Way
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her, She
Relationship Status:
Monogamous relationship

Thanked 2,299 Times in 890 Posts
meridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputation
Red face

Love these polishes:

Old 03-02-2013, 09:05 PM   #55
MissItalianDiva

How Do You Identify?:
Miss Twiggy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by meridiantoo View Post
Love these polishes:

I love Orly polish
Old 03-02-2013, 09:17 PM   #56
pinkgeek

How Do You Identify?:
that grrl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, grrl, piranha, monkey
Relationship Status:
captured....

Thanked 1,456 Times in 311 Posts
pinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputation
Default BB Creams..

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissItalianDiva View Post
Another new product I have been using that I have grown to love is http://www.urbandecay.com/Naked-skin...start=1&cgid=4 Now the deal with this BB cream is a bit different. It only comes in one "shade" because the pigments it is made up of actually diffuse light. So when applying it wont initially match most folks skin but wait 4 min or so and you will see it begin to activate. I am not thrilled with the SPF of 20 but it is better then some others. The anti aging benefits Vitasource and dGlyage make this a winner for me. Also I have noticed it does in fact even out your skin tone.

The other pluses here is it can be used as a primer or you can wear it alone. The moisturizer in this is non greasy and would be great for someone with combo skin, dry skin or even oily since it does not add oil properties.
Have you tried MAC BB? I am trying to get used to it and may give the UD BB cream a try. Do you moisturize under it? I found if I didn't moisturize under the MAC BB I am dry and if I don't use mineral powder over it I am oily. In short, MAC hasn't lessened my routine. Boo!

"I‘m heir to madness. Vessel of perversion. Your nightmare should you cross me."

((Want to read about my life in Hawaii and my ongoing war against the roosters and my pony size dog and my wedding?)) http://www.alohafemme.wordpress.com/
pinkgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pinkgeek For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2013, 09:24 PM   #57
MissItalianDiva

How Do You Identify?:
Miss Twiggy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkgeek View Post
Have you tried MAC BB? I am trying to get used to it and may give the UD BB cream a try. Do you moisturize under it? I found if I didn't moisturize under the MAC BB I was try and if I didn't use mineral powder over it I was oily. In short, MAC hasn't lessened my routine. Boo!
The MAC BB is a picky beast and personally I don't care for it and I am a die hard MAC supporter. The primer they used in the BB cream does cause it to feel dry but like you said it does tend to get oily if you set the BB cream which it shouldn't. I am almost positive this is due to the pigments they chose to use so they could get decent coverage within the BB cream. The only solution I have found for the MAC BB Cream is to use the Benefit Porefessional under as your moisturizer then apply and set if needed then for your oil issue use http://www.urbandecay.com/De-Slick-O...efault,pd.html which is absolutely fabulous for oil control...that has been my only workaround for the MAC BB issue but it is of course a crap ton of steps.

Another great BB Cream is Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream it has a primer moisturizer and oil control built in. It is a great one step fix
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MissItalianDiva For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2013, 11:10 PM   #58
meridiantoo

How Do You Identify?:
A Speck in the Milky Way
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her, She
Relationship Status:
Monogamous relationship

Thanked 2,299 Times in 890 Posts
meridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancie View Post
I would use fancier products if I wasn't afraid that I would waste money on the wrong product.

But I have fair sensitive dry skin, so I've been using

and

I have never tried biore, do these things really work?

I have sensitive/allergy-prone skin and continuously look for new products that my skin will tolerate. I get red/irritated/angry skin easily, so I it becomes damage control after a while trying to treat the acne breakouts with effective products that inevitably cause inflammation. I have been to I don't know how many derms and taken oodles of courses of amoxi and currently have a prescription cleanser called Prascion that is helping with the breakouts.

I wonder if the fancier products are all hype also. I have tried some that seemed to deliver what they promised, like Perricone products, but it gets expensive over time to keep that regimen, so I usually revert back to less expensive alternatives.

Has anyone used/or are currently using one of the face scrubber thingies like this?

Old 03-02-2013, 11:58 PM   #59
VintageFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 7,640 Times in 1,657 Posts
VintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST Reputation

My favourite new product hands down is Nars Tinted Moisturizer. OMGosh, it is seriously beautiful stuff. That, a little tinted Nivea lip care & touch up those eyebrows & you are good to go in about um, ten seconds. It's gorgeous and doesn't look like make up at all and just feels velvety and perfect. Your skin looks seriously gorgeous so fast. I can't love it enough.

Oh and I've become such a fan of Philosophy's Miracle Worker skin care products. It's sad to learn late in life that you really do get what you pay for with skin care and if I could tell my younger self anything of any value, it would be to use better quality products at a younger age. It's absolutely worth a few extra dollars in the long run.
Old 03-03-2013, 12:03 AM   #60
Angeltoes

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Nunya

Thanked 5,525 Times in 1,386 Posts
Angeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST Reputation
Default In my Sephora Checkout Basket....

Flowerbomb = LOVE

Nail Lacquer in Emerald = something new
Angeltoes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Angeltoes For This Useful Post: