Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Current Affairs/World Issues/Science And History

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-21-2020, 04:35 PM   #11
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
He’s my scorpio boo bear.

Thanked 32,027 Times in 9,959 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Today is Saturday, and I attended my studio rental recert, then went to do laundry, then went on a mission to find any cleaning supplies available at area stores.

There's no one out on the road today except a handful of people doing only necessary life stuff. On the freeway's, ODOT reader boards display signage instructing drivers to leave room and give space to other drivers and to obey the speed limit (our roads are rapidly giving way to surveillance technology) and to warn people to not be in groups.

I didn't have much luck finding any cleaning supplies or paper supplies. But I did happen to stop by a merchant discount retailer and found a few bottles of Clorox, so I bought them, since the store was nearly devoid of shoppers. I went by Target, and in my frantic state of mind, I had no idea that I left the sun roof open or a side window down, but I did lock the car with my key fob. When I came back to my car with what few supplies I could buy (razors, Listerene, anti-bacterial handsoap and regular hand soap), I discovered I had left my car with the windows down and the sun roof wide open. I cried. I cried because no one stole anything from my car. I had a bunch of valuable merchandise in the back seat and my big bag with all my irreplaceable insurance papers and relevant ID, was sitting untouched in my car. The nearest parker was a handicapped gentleman who was sitting in his car smoking, and he didn't even realize that my car was open to theft. He tooted his horn at me and waved and yelled out if I was alright. I was just so grateful that I wasn't the victim of theft. That is the *first* time I have ever forgotten to lock my car or make sure all the windows are up and that the sun roof was closed. It's absolutely spectacular weather we have today, so I am sure that the combination of fury to find what cleaning supplies I could buy and being forgetful can be attributed to the brilliant sunny weather we have today. Ordinarily, we have 'Pearly Skies', but as climate change affects each corner of the globe, we increasingly have less cloudy weather and terrific stretches of sunshine, which is drying up the trees and all green fauna to the point that, I worry about tinderbox conditions and all of us going up in smoke (if not co-equally the Co-vid 19 virus too).

I wore my beautiful pale blue leather gloves and took a handful of sanitizing wipes with me in a little plastic baggie, in case I needed to wipe of the surface of any terminal at any store or wipe off an entrance door handle. People smiled at me and thanked me for being considerate and kind, in the face of coming under stricter lock-down mandates, which will surely come by first thing Monday morning or by late afternoon that day.

It's like the proverbial End of The World scenario here.

And today I am guilty of eating like it's the end of the world. After the Target fiasco, I dropped by an small independently owned vendor stand to buy some Teriayki (sp?) chicken with stir fried veggies and extra sauce and a big order of Korean Bulgogi Fries. I'll find out Monday, when my primary doctor calls me if my A1-c blood labs were in safe range or if I am going on the 'sinners' list for the rest of my life.

I'm steadily frightened by the situation we all will be facing in short order, but I also try to cheer myself up by having lots of things that I can stay focused on and plan to build up my strength to ride my bicycle, because one day soon, we will be perilously close to a war on any resource that affects being able to get around. I need to be able to bicycle not only for health reasons but for reason of conserving gasoline I already have in the car and commit to being able to get where I need to go without being fully dependent on my car. So... today the car stays parked and it's walking or bicycling to get where I need to go (and time, gotta incorporate time to that picture).

It feels like that 1990s movie with Kate Winslet and Leonardo DiCaprio: The Titanic. We all know we're going to be going down, but we race to stay alive and be one of (Many, hopefully) the survivors of this apocalyptic scene in social history.

<<<<<~~ committed to Social Distancing, and all tenets of Safety First.

Oh, and I bought the last 4-pack of Aloe facial tissues at one store. I will use them sparingly. And share a box with a neighbor, if necessary.

_____ ______

Last edited by Kätzchen; 03-21-2020 at 04:37 PM.
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post: