Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Current Affairs/World Issues/Science And History

Old 08-26-2011, 10:01 AM   #1
Scorp
Italian Stallion

How Do You Identify?:
DNA Usually...

Thanked 4,721 Times in 1,270 Posts
Scorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST Reputation
Default Hurricane News & Other Helpful Info

Hey All,

Hurricane Irene is headed up the East Coast.

85 mph winds, all of the above expected to hit us Sunday morning.

Be ready. Here are some supplies to have on hand.

At a minimum, have the basic supplies listed below. Keep supplies in an easy to carry emergency preparedness kit that you can use at home or take with you in case you must evacuate.

Water—one gallon per person, per day 3 day supply for evacuation, 2 week supply for home)
Food—non perishable, easy to prepare items 3 day supply for evacuation, 2 week supply for home)
Flashlight
Battery powered or hand crank radio (NOAA Weather Radio, if possible)
Extra batteries
First aid kit
Medications 7 day supply and medical items
Multi purpose tool
Sanitation and personal hygiene items
Copies of personal documents (medication list and pertinent medical information, proof of address, deed/lease to home, passports, birth certificates, insurance policies)
Cell phone with chargers
Family and emergency contact information
Extra cash
Emergency blanket
Map(s) of the area
Consider the needs of all family members and add supplies to your kit. Suggested items to help meet additional needs are:

Medical supplies (hearing aids with extra batteries, glasses, contact lenses, syringes, cane)
Baby supplies (bottles, formula, baby food, diapers)
Games and activities for children
Pet supplies (collar, leash, ID, food, carrier, bowl)
Two way radios
Extra set of car keys and house keys
Manual can opener

Additional supplies to keep at home or in your kit based on the types of disasters common to your area:

Whistle
N95 or surgical masks
Matches
Rain gear
Towels
Work gloves
Tools/supplies for securing your home
Extra clothing, hat and sturdy shoes
Plastic sheeting
Duct tape
Scissors
Household liquid bleach
Entertainment items
Blankets or sleeping bags

Last edited by Scorp; 08-26-2011 at 10:22 AM.
Scorp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Scorp For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2011, 10:20 AM   #2
LaneyDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Girly girl femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She; Ma'am; Miss ;)
Relationship Status:
Pitbull protected.

Thanked 7,689 Times in 1,610 Posts
LaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST Reputation

Sturdy shoes!!! When we have a tornado hit here, a lot of people are surprised and barefooted. They literally shred their feet trying to "walk out." So, when the sirens go off now, my kids are sent to go put on a pair of tenis shoes.

Old 08-26-2011, 10:20 AM   #3
PinkieLee

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
I need ya boo, gotta see ya boo

Thanked 13,087 Times in 3,051 Posts
PinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST Reputation

Scorpie... am I the only one that's seeing <<<disallowed word>>> throughout the post?!
PinkieLee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PinkieLee For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2011, 10:22 AM   #4
Cowboi

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Holding My Red Circle

1 Highscore

Thanked 3,962 Times in 1,230 Posts
Cowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST Reputation

Tuck and Cover!!!!!
Old 08-26-2011, 10:24 AM   #5
Scorp
Italian Stallion

How Do You Identify?:
DNA Usually...

Scorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST Reputation

Strange, I saw it too after you mentioned that and went in and edited that stuff out. May had to do with symbols parenthesis when posting.

Thanks for mentioning should be better to read now

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkieLee View Post
Scorpie... am I the only one that's seeing <<<disallowed word>>> throughout the post?!
The Following User Says Thank You to Scorp For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2011, 10:25 AM   #6
diamondrose

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,895 Times in 923 Posts
diamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputation

Stay away from windows!
diamondrose is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to diamondrose For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2011, 10:27 AM   #7
PinkieLee

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

PinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST Reputation

Living on the Gulf Coast in Texas for most of my life... I have been through more hurricanes than I care to count! I also suggest filling up your gasoline tanks ASAP... before the crowds hit & you are stuck in line forever. If you do have an extra gas can to fill up... just in case you have to evacuate and end up stuck in traffic for hours on end.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PinkieLee For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2011, 10:27 AM   #8
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation

Stay safe!! <> is allowed <>
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2011, 10:31 AM   #9
PinkieLee

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Y'all just please stay safe!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PinkieLee For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2011, 10:31 AM   #10
diamondrose

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,895 Times in 923 Posts
diamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputation

As my coworker and I were watching Irene on the map pass by us by literally inches, I realized something..

In that very moment we completly trusted that storm not to make a sudden turn for us.

Just saying

Please stay safe everyone!!
diamondrose is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to diamondrose For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2011, 10:35 AM   #11
PinkieLee

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Hurricanes are scarey stuff... and are NEVER 100% predictable. With 2 of the major hurricanes that devestated my hometowns (Rita & Ike), neither were supposed to hit us... but then changed directions at the last minute.

All you can do is be prepared!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PinkieLee For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2011, 10:45 AM   #12
tantalizingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Me

Thanked 4,010 Times in 823 Posts
tantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Remove everything outside that isn't nailed down, and fill your bath tub with water to use for flushing.

I am also keeping one car out of the garage, in case the electricity goes out and there is a problem manually opening the door.
tantalizingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tantalizingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2011, 10:49 AM   #13
Just_G

How Do You Identify?:
Butch, Switch, Comedian...G...whichever.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He....with an e!
Relationship Status:
I'll take kinky & twisted for $200, Alex!!

Tournaments Won: 1

Thanked 6,165 Times in 1,450 Posts
Just_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST Reputation

Something else I heard mentioned last night is to try and park your car in a parking garage, on at least the 2nd or 3rd level as to avoid having your car get flooded.

Rachel Maddow made a statement last night about how Californians laughed at the reaction to the east coasters after the earthquake, and now the Floridians are making fun of them for their response to Irene coming their way...she said, "65 million people in the path of a devastating storm is nothing to make fun of or laugh at." So true.

Please stay safe and stock up on what you need!
Old 08-26-2011, 11:00 AM   #14
Scorp
Italian Stallion

How Do You Identify?:
DNA Usually...

People are such assholes laughing at us. Even something like that they seem to always make it a fuckin' contest.

We're not use having any type of earthquake, tremors, major hurricanes, or whatever. For people experiencing that shit for the first time, it sure the fuck is scary no matter if it was 5.8 or 2.8, 30 mile winds, 85 mile winds, rains, monsoons...whatever the case may be.

No matter what scale, "potential" harm is nothing to laugh at.

Let's see their asses up here in conditions of snow blizzards (or if mother nature fucked them and they got tons of snow) (not likely to happen...but) and see who laughs at who....

Thanks for the post G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_G View Post
Something else I heard mentioned last night is to try and park your car in a parking garage, on at least the 2nd or 3rd level as to avoid having your car get flooded.

Rachel Maddow made a statement last night about how Californians laughed at the reaction to the east coasters after the earthquake, and now the Floridians are making fun of them for their response to Irene coming their way...she said, "65 million people in the path of a devastating storm is nothing to make fun of or laugh at." So true.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Scorp For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2011, 11:04 AM   #15
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,791 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Hey Scorp! This Californian was not laughing, they are scary!

Hang in there east coasters, us west coasters on the planet are sending good thoughts your way (if OK to speak for other folks on west coast).

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2011, 11:05 AM   #16
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Be safe for sure. A hurricane like this and it's size is unpredictable. I am west of Richmond but I have a feeling we will get a lot of wind and maybe power outage.

however if there is anyone in harms way, needs to evacuate, is alone or with pets and no where to go please email me for my phone. I will make room even if its camping out in my barn. You MUST love dogs tho because we're slammed with them.

Don't get shit faced if you are at risk. This is no laughing matter or reason to party unless you're out of harms way. Reach out to people that need help. Lots of people disabled, need rides, places to stay, help with pets. Let's help them.

bigchefherbs at gmail
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2011, 11:15 AM   #17
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,791 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Per the Weather Channel:

Hurricane Irene Bearing Down on the East Coast

Hurricane Irene is bearing down on the U.S. East Coast with exteme impacts expected through the weekend. Hurricane warnings and watches are posted as far north as New England.

Anyone in the corridor from eastern North Carolina to the Northeast U.S. should be making final preparations for a hurricane!

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2011, 11:43 AM   #18
Reader
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Butch, Dyke, Feminist, Contrarian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 2,229 Times in 586 Posts
Reader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST Reputation

There is usually a lot of wildlife and birds where I am, but I can say they have all gone...somewhere, safe I hope.

It is oddly quiet.

Even the deer have taken a respite from dining on my plantings.

The animals' silence makes me think we will get hit. Having survived Hurricane Emily, I doubt it will be too bad. (hope not, anyway!)

Be safe all.
Reader is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Reader For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2011, 12:49 PM   #19
LeftWriteFemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Daddy's good girl

Thanked 12,321 Times in 5,198 Posts
LeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST Reputation

It's not all bad news.......surf's up!
Please take a look at my work
Click on flashing smilie to see my website

To look at my Daddy/girl erotica book Click on pompom girl to see Elbows on the Table, Palms Flat
LeftWriteFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LeftWriteFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2011, 01:42 PM   #20
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Female/Lesbian/half the athlete I used to be
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,168 Posts
Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Apparently they have short memories. Our utility people drove down and spent weeks, living in tents-away from their familys etc. helping to restore. That's the thanks we get (?)
I realize not all are that way. On the otherside....

One year after Katrina, (our utility people went to Mississippi to help out there) A Billboard at a very busy intersection read The Folks from Mississippi Say Thank-You
for your Help After Katrina. Damn near made me cry.

As long as there was coffee in the world, how bad could things be??
Dominique is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post: