Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Female/Lesbian/half the athlete I used to be
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,168 Posts
Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation

This thread caught my eye. I'm a toss back trucker. I maintain a commercial drivers license with a variety of endorsements. Class B, airbrake, Passenger endorsement, Haz Mat, Motorcycle.

I drove for many years with one of the most recognizable names in package delivery. LOCAL. The job was fun, but physically very hard. For years (and from time to time, even still) I've considered becoming an owner operator and finding a driving partner and doing freight expediting.
I'm constantly looking at Rigs as I have an idea what kind of truck I will need to do this in. Finding the driving partner is the hardest part. Freight expediting requires 24 hour driving and the rig I want has a small travel trailer as a sleeper.

I'm educated in other areas, but there is something about driving a rig that I totally am drawn to. The bigger the rig, the tougher the challenge, the more I am drawn to this occupation.

I'll keep looking. I feel when the time is right, it will find me.

As long as there was coffee in the world, how bad could things be??
Dominique is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2012, 05:58 PM   #42
BrutalDaddy

How Do You Identify?:
Her Asshole.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Him, hym, he, whatever.
Relationship Status:
Bitch has no more excuses now.

Thanked 2,785 Times in 499 Posts
BrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST Reputation

Thanks Kerri! I very much look forward to driving across the country considering I've never ventured past the states surrounding Alabama. Lol.

Dominique, I hear ya. I honestly started this as a well to pay bills but in the course of training for this I have fallen head over heels in love with it. Femmsational wants to do this as well so eventually we're going to team drive but she wants me to get a few months under my belt then she'll come along. Hope you find the right partner and are able to live that dream of your's.

Love that there are truckers on this site and so looking forward to hearing from even more!

Okay spent almost 20 minutes trying to find a trucker icon. We need one! Lol.

Ready To Hit The Road,
AJ.
BrutalDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BrutalDaddy For This Useful Post:
Old 11-27-2012, 01:10 PM   #43
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

Thanked 4,241 Times in 1,845 Posts
morningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputation

heyyyy where are all the fellow drivers at????????
bumping this up .... zooom zooooom ...

life is to short to wake up in the morning with regrets
so love the people who treat you right,
forget about the ones who dont,
and believe that everything happens for a reason.
If you get a chance take it... if it changes your life let it.
morningstar55 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to morningstar55 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2013, 08:58 AM   #44
SmoothButch

How Do You Identify?:
human
Preferred Pronoun?:
X
Relationship Status:
Happily enjoying my life

Thanked 1,297 Times in 400 Posts
SmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Thumbs up

Just passed a three week course in NJ. Now waiting for the State exam for my class A. Took a new position at work and everything was company paid! I'm excited for this new position within my company.
Old 03-31-2013, 09:35 AM   #45
Teddybear

How Do You Identify?:
by my name
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 6,239 Times in 1,687 Posts
Teddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoothButch View Post
Just passed a three week course in NJ. Now waiting for the State exam for my class A. Took a new position at work and everything was company paid! I'm excited for this new position within my company.

Congrats and good luck with passing the test. Im sure u will do well
Teddybear is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Teddybear For This Useful Post:
Old 07-21-2013, 06:02 PM   #46
pajama

How Do You Identify?:
Klingon
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 7,480 Times in 1,809 Posts
pajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputation

Hey everybody. I have a questions about truckstops, so I thought what better place to go to ask, than here.

I'm wondering about sleeping at truck stops. I know you can't park overnight at rest areas. But if you have an RV and park where the cars park, can you park overnight at truckstops? I know the sleepers do it, just didn't know if they let regular cars do it.

Thanks for any input.

A
pajama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 06:04 PM   #47
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,773 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by pajama View Post
Hey everybody. I have a questions about truckstops, so I thought what better place to go to ask, than here.

I'm wondering about sleeping at truck stops. I know you can't park overnight at rest areas. But if you have an RV and park where the cars park, can you park overnight at truckstops? I know the sleepers do it, just didn't know if they let regular cars do it.

Thanks for any input.

A
You can't park overnight at rest stops?

Whoopsie.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 06:45 PM   #48
Teddybear

How Do You Identify?:
by my name
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him
Relationship Status:
single

Teddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Thanks for any input.

A
Its according to how big ur RV is.. Your best bet is to park in the lot with the rigs. I would suggest if u have a slide u park on the end of a row, also make sure that the trucks can get by

As far as parking overnite in rest areas that is a state by state thing also again u need to park where the trucks are.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Teddybear For This Useful Post:
Old 07-21-2013, 07:03 PM   #49
BrutalDaddy

How Do You Identify?:
Her Asshole.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Him, hym, he, whatever.
Relationship Status:
Bitch has no more excuses now.

Thanked 2,785 Times in 499 Posts
BrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST Reputation

Pajama,

Teddy hit the nail on the head before I had a chance to answer. Lol.

I drive a big rig and with summer on us full force, I've seen more and more RVs parking where the big trucks park in truck stops. So don't think it'd be a problem at all to do so. Like he said, just make sure you're not gonna block any trucks and you should be good to go!

Oh and if any truckers give you nasty looks or grumbling, just ignore them. Tends to be a lot of 'ornery truckers who get crankier with age, so I've learned. Lol. If it's not an RV they're griping about, it's another trucker.

Also in the truck stops, I think I've seen maps and guide books for RVs. They've got em for big trucks but I'm pretty sure I've seen RV ones too but don't quote me on that.

Rolling Rolling Rolling Raw Hiiiiide,
Brute.
BrutalDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BrutalDaddy For This Useful Post:
Old 07-21-2013, 07:17 PM   #50
Teddybear

How Do You Identify?:
by my name
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him
Relationship Status:
single

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutalDyke View Post
Pajama,

Teddy hit the nail on the head before I had a chance to answer. Lol.

I drive a big rig and with summer on us full force, I've seen more and more RVs parking where the big trucks park in truck stops. So don't think it'd be a problem at all to do so. Like he said, just make sure you're not gonna block any trucks and you should be good to go!

Oh and if any truckers give you nasty looks or grumbling, just ignore them. Tends to be a lot of 'ornery truckers who get crankier with age, so I've learned. Lol. If it's not an RV they're griping about, it's another trucker.

Also in the truck stops, I think I've seen maps and guide books for RVs. They've got em for big trucks but I'm pretty sure I've seen RV ones too but don't quote me on that.

Rolling Rolling Rolling Raw Hiiiiide,
Brute.

There is a book called the next exit it has 2 edition one for truckers and one for rvers
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Teddybear For This Useful Post:
Old 07-22-2013, 09:58 AM   #51
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

morningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputation

wow i forgot all about this thread until i got a couple of likes just today......
soo thought id post something just to bump it up some..
ok now where are all the planet truckers at??

me im home in Buffalo recouping from a knee injury and staph infection.. hoping to get bk to work soon.

Old 07-22-2013, 07:46 PM   #52
SmoothButch

How Do You Identify?:
human
Preferred Pronoun?:
X
Relationship Status:
Happily enjoying my life

Thanked 1,297 Times in 400 Posts
SmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Thumbs up

Sup everyone...

I forgot to post here that I passed my state test on the first try!

Been rolling with the big dogs ever since and getting better every day.
Old 07-22-2013, 08:17 PM   #53
pajama

How Do You Identify?:
Klingon
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 7,480 Times in 1,809 Posts
pajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputation

Hey thanks everyone for the input. I apologize, I wasn't clear in my original post. I have a regular truck with a cab and bed in the back. So I would be too small to park with the big trucks. But was wondering if the rules are the same if you're a regular car about parking overnight.

Thanks.
pajama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pajama For This Useful Post:
Old 07-23-2013, 06:22 AM   #54
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

Quote:
Hey thanks everyone for the input. I apologize, I wasn't clear in my original post. I have a regular truck with a cab and bed in the back. So I would be too small to park with the big trucks. But was wondering if the rules are the same if you're a regular car about parking overnight.

Thanks.
morning truckers/drivers
Pajama ...... can you post a pic of your truck??
here's a pic of what i been driving for the past 7 yrs .. lol ...... it is smaller then the Tractor trailers... and i don't have a trailer.... some truck stops will let my size truck park up front some won't and kick us to the back.
I have to give this job up soon ... due to my health , in fact I might be giving it up sooner then i want too. it all depends on this infection its about all gone.. july 30th is my last day for the antibiotic infusions and then will see. crossing my fingers. the money is to good and id like to squeeze in at least 1 more year.
has a fridge/microwave full size bed and lots of storage.
98% NO touch freight.
the money is good, but the down side is im hardly ever home and miss a lot of family /friend events and other things.
if i could find me a office job in shipping n receiving somewhere that would be awesome.

The Following User Says Thank You to morningstar55 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-23-2013, 08:25 AM   #55
Teddybear

How Do You Identify?:
by my name
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him
Relationship Status:
single

Quote:

Thanks.
Ok maybe I misunderstood. R u pilling a camper or some other type of wagon?? If so u can park with the big trucks. I have seen all kind of trucks and cars parked with us. Park then go inside and ask. It's easier to get permission after ur parked then before
The Following User Says Thank You to Teddybear For This Useful Post:

Tags
career, job, truckers, trucking