Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 10-19-2010, 06:59 AM   #1
jenny

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme
Relationship Status:
inquire within

Thanked 1,595 Times in 579 Posts
jenny Has the BEST Reputationjenny Has the BEST Reputationjenny Has the BEST Reputationjenny Has the BEST Reputationjenny Has the BEST Reputationjenny Has the BEST Reputationjenny Has the BEST Reputationjenny Has the BEST Reputationjenny Has the BEST Reputationjenny Has the BEST Reputationjenny Has the BEST Reputation
Default Evaluate Your Life: October 19

Evaluate Your Life Day, October 19th

According to wellcat.com, "Evaluate Your Life Day gives us the opportunity to pause and reflect upon our life, where it's been, and where its going. Are things going well? What is bothering you? What do you need, or want, to change? With a self evaluation, you can then make big changes to improve the quality of your life, as necessary. Or, if things are going well, just tinker with small adjustments."

Are you happy? Healthy? Working towards being the best version of yourself that you can be? What changes have you implemented to improve your own self-satisfaction? What changes are on the horizon?

“Life's most persistent and urgent question is: 'What are you doing for others?'”
~ Martin Luther King, Jr.
jenny is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to jenny For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2010, 07:05 AM   #2
katsarecool

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Woman
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 1,765 Times in 734 Posts
katsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputation

A very good post with thought proving questions. I would have to say I have done a lot of work on what motivates me, how can I prevent past mistakes from happening again, what was my part on relationships not working out well in the past, learning how to enjoy my own company and working hard on being a better artist through techniques, use of color and not being afraid to take risks in art and in life.
Old 10-19-2010, 07:26 AM   #3
Sam
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 2/11/2011
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
I'll let you know

Sam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST Reputation

its funny as i think back to what and who i used to be back pre transition. to whom i have become in the past 3 years.

the changes i have made to perfect what i want for my life and how to nurture myself.

i never knew what it was like to be on my own, be alone as i have learned in the past 9 months, except for a little dating/sexual experiences i have had, i have found a new profession that i love. i have a few new real friends that i actually like but learning to trust is still a struggle. so my future holds the ability to learn trust.

never thought i would actually admit this, but i like being alone. finding myself has not been easy.

as for my future plans, 9 days i will be having my top surgery, becoming that guy i have felt like the past 40 years, moving on after transition with my life, working hard and providing an easy life for our son Avery.

i know jen, my grammar sucks and i know how much you hate that, so sorry.
Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sam For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2010, 07:41 AM   #4
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

Thanked 4,241 Times in 1,845 Posts
morningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by katsarecool View Post
A very good post with thought proving questions. I would have to say I have done a lot of work on what motivates me, how can I prevent past mistakes from happening again, what was my part on relationships not working out well in the past, learning how to enjoy my own company and working hard on being a better artist through techniques, use of color and not being afraid to take risks in art and in life.
i like this post and it says a lot about myself as well.....
i also find that.... when in a relationship.. and knowing al is well... my creative juices just burst out at the seams... for painting and doing the art i love and know best.
right now...... i need a lot of inspiration to create... im suppose to be painting more rocks today while waiting for a load.... and maybe a few toons.... well im trying and im not happy with the results here... anyways...
i been single for 2 and half yrs now... just having time for myself, to seek improvment with in myself and like kats has mentioned... learning to enjoy my own company.

life is to short to wake up in the morning with regrets
so love the people who treat you right,
forget about the ones who dont,
and believe that everything happens for a reason.
If you get a chance take it... if it changes your life let it.
morningstar55 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to morningstar55 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2010, 07:42 AM   #5
Sam
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 2/11/2011
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
I'll let you know

Sam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST Reputation

just a quick note. i had the oppertunity to see Dalai Lama here in ga and that alone is a life changing experience.

Looking forward to this afternoon, HH the Dalai Lama, Richard Gere, and Alice Walker talking about spirituality and the arts.
Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sam For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2010, 08:23 AM   #6
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:
First Lady of the United SMH

Thanked 26,592 Times in 4,691 Posts
dark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputation

education- achieved, success- achieved, family- at peace, personal life?????

*sigh*

i wish i hadn't spent 23 years going in ever-tighter, -faster, -wilder, and -riskier circles; but i am thankful for finally seeing the path to- and understanding the neccessity of- owning my choices and seeing how those choices have created my circumstances, and therefore how i have chosen my circumstances.

specifically- after breakdown and hospitalization at the age of 17, i was asked by my parents at my release whether i wanted to continue my treatment. i chose not to. that means i have to re-do it all now and it is BEYOND IRRITATING to have to put my life on hold at the age of 40!

i must now allow that owning this, while it removes the ultimate responsibility from the negligent caregivers of my youth, does not mean that i did not have the right to expect more.

specifically- it is reasonable to expect that parents of a recently suicidal/hospitalized 17-year-old might not have left the decision about whether to continue treatment up to her.

verdict: i am not where i wish i was, but i am headed in the right direction and making real, concrete, verified-by-treatment-team progress every single day.
Old 10-19-2010, 08:29 AM   #7
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:

dark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputation

having just evaluated my life, i WANTED to say what a great idea "Evaluate Your Life Day" is!

BUT
i went to the website of the creators and i just thought this was really really tacky:

Please note! All holidays created by Thomas & Ruth Roy, under the name of Wellcat Holidays & Herbs, are, indeed, copyrighted. If you wish to make use of them in any fashion, for profit, we respectfully request that you contact us for appropriate contract arrangements. If, on the other hand, you wish to use them in some non-profit fashion, we still would request you contact us, to ensure permission. Be sure to visit the wonderful pages of our Wellcat Herbs portion of this web site! We offer some truly fine products. Now accepting VISA & MasterCard
Of course in the US everyone has the right to profit from their ideas, but i can't help it and can't explain it- that totally rained on my "Evaluate Your Life Day" parade...
Old 10-19-2010, 08:40 AM   #8
jenny

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme
Relationship Status:
inquire within

Thanked 1,595 Times in 579 Posts
jenny Has the BEST Reputationjenny Has the BEST Reputationjenny Has the BEST Reputationjenny Has the BEST Reputationjenny Has the BEST Reputationjenny Has the BEST Reputationjenny Has the BEST Reputationjenny Has the BEST Reputationjenny Has the BEST Reputationjenny Has the BEST Reputationjenny Has the BEST Reputation

You're absolutely right -- TOTALLY tacky!!

I heard about "Evaluate Your Life Day" on the news this morning, in a brief spot they did. They did NOT mention the website, but when I ran "Evaluate Your Life Day" through Google this morning, for some more info, it referenced that website, so I added it in to the post because I figured they deserved the credit.

But yeah, the whole "for profit" thing has harshed my mellow. Bleh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_crystal View Post
having just evaluated my life, i WANTED to say what a great idea "Evaluate Your Life Day" is!

BUT
i went to the website of the creators and i just thought this was really really tacky:

Please note! All holidays created by Thomas & Ruth Roy, under the name of Wellcat Holidays & Herbs, are, indeed, copyrighted. If you wish to make use of them in any fashion, for profit, we respectfully request that you contact us for appropriate contract arrangements. If, on the other hand, you wish to use them in some non-profit fashion, we still would request you contact us, to ensure permission. Be sure to visit the wonderful pages of our Wellcat Herbs portion of this web site! We offer some truly fine products. Now accepting VISA & MasterCard
Of course in the US everyone has the right to profit from their ideas, but i can't help it and can't explain it- that totally rained on my "Evaluate Your Life Day" parade...

“Life's most persistent and urgent question is: 'What are you doing for others?'”
~ Martin Luther King, Jr.
jenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 09:41 AM   #9
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny View Post
You're absolutely right -- TOTALLY tacky!!

I heard about "Evaluate Your Life Day" on the news this morning, in a brief spot they did. They did NOT mention the website, but when I ran "Evaluate Your Life Day" through Google this morning, for some more info, it referenced that website, so I added it in to the post because I figured they deserved the credit.

But yeah, the whole "for profit" thing has harshed my mellow. Bleh.
heh. this is still an EXCELLENT thread though!!!! We'll just use it to observe "Evaluate Your Life (Gay*)" instead of "Evaluate Your Life Day"

* which is not meant to be non-inclusive of those on the site who do not identify as "gay"! it just rhymes!
Old 10-19-2010, 10:17 AM   #10
chefhottie25

How Do You Identify?:
boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
hy
Relationship Status:
happily taken

chefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny View Post
Evaluate Your Life Day, October 19th

According to wellcat.com, "Evaluate Your Life Day gives us the opportunity to pause and reflect upon our life, where it's been, and where its going. Are things going well? What is bothering you? What do you need, or want, to change? With a self evaluation, you can then make big changes to improve the quality of your life, as necessary. Or, if things are going well, just tinker with small adjustments."

Are you happy? Healthy? Working towards being the best version of yourself that you can be? What changes have you implemented to improve your own self-satisfaction? What changes are on the horizon?
what a great thread. i have been evaluating my life a lot over the past few months. i belive that overall things are going well. i acheived a milestone in my addiction recovery. i also have found a great understanding of my schizophrenia...that helps me manage it better. that understanding and management has prevented occuring symptoms and episodes. all of this means that i have a better quality of life today. i am also strong enough now to make a few big changes. like changing my living arrangement, taking a promotion at work, and dating or adding new relationships to my life. i am optimistic about the course of my life in the future.
chefhottie25 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chefhottie25 For This Useful Post: