Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 01-05-2014, 08:36 PM   #1081
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
sitting over there ----->>>>> :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,308 Times in 2,609 Posts
RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation

Groveling ... sincere groveling ... for something stupid I did.
It was a bad choice on my part - no more, no less.
(Groveling grinds up lots of calories.)
RockOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2014, 07:01 PM   #1082
fatallyblonde

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her

fatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputation

went to gym today and did my 20 minute cardio... I do interval cardio so only needs to be (only should be) 20 mins... but it is one hard slog of 20 minutes... always finish sweating, panting, red hot...

I started with 15 min hooping last night and my abs do feel tighter today... will be doing it again tonite.

probably a walk to the post office to get a package too.

slow and steady. I used to be a fitness junkie... but I don't want to throw myself back in too hard or I'll burn out...
fatallyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fatallyblonde For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2014, 09:12 PM   #1083
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,719 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

30 min. elliptical / 30 min. ab exercises and weight lifting

It was hard to get myself to the gym after work but I felt great after: peaceful and more energized.

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2014, 09:57 PM   #1084
Paradox

How Do You Identify?:
Constant Outsider - Humanist
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Paradox Has the BEST ReputationParadox Has the BEST ReputationParadox Has the BEST ReputationParadox Has the BEST ReputationParadox Has the BEST ReputationParadox Has the BEST ReputationParadox Has the BEST ReputationParadox Has the BEST ReputationParadox Has the BEST ReputationParadox Has the BEST ReputationParadox Has the BEST Reputation

Light start and I survived.

Body stretches

Lower Body weight:
Dead lifts, deep lunges

Upper Body:
Chops, toss (light weight)
Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Paradox For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2014, 09:58 PM   #1085
fatallyblonde

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her

fatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputation

I so agree nycfem... sometimes getting to the gym is the hardest part... but I am ALWAYS glad I did afterwards... it really does bring a feeling of peace and it feels good to have been moving my body and pushing it.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fatallyblonde For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2014, 12:03 AM   #1086
ProfPacker

How Do You Identify?:
butch/MOC
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy/hym/hys but in circumstances like work and some other places she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 4,816 Times in 1,187 Posts
ProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST Reputation

One hour of swimming, 20 minutes of aqua weights. Always feel better
ProfPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ProfPacker For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2014, 04:05 AM   #1087
fatallyblonde

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her

I got my hula hooping done again today... and I tell you... I can really feel it!! I am really out of shape rn though compared to what I used to be... so any exercise at all is helping challenge my body... so my abs are feeling worked out!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fatallyblonde For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2014, 07:29 PM   #1088
Paradox

How Do You Identify?:
Constant Outsider - Humanist
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Paradox Has the BEST ReputationParadox Has the BEST ReputationParadox Has the BEST ReputationParadox Has the BEST ReputationParadox Has the BEST ReputationParadox Has the BEST ReputationParadox Has the BEST ReputationParadox Has the BEST ReputationParadox Has the BEST ReputationParadox Has the BEST ReputationParadox Has the BEST Reputation

I made it through my first two starter treadmill runs of the year - (many yet to come).

And I didn't faint. Whoo hoo. Soon the weights.

Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Paradox For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2014, 07:44 PM   #1089
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

2.5 hours on the Arc Trainer, Level 10, strength program
1 hr lifting weights, ab exercises, and yoga

The weekends are always when I have my best workouts because I've been able to sleep in in the mornings and am not exhausted from work.

How do I... ?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2014, 07:33 PM   #1090
Gráinne

How Do You Identify?:
Neither, nada, out of the box
Preferred Pronoun?:
My name always works
Relationship Status:
Happy whatever happens

Thanked 7,246 Times in 1,416 Posts
Gráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST Reputation

Today was my first day back in the gym, and back at ActiveTrax, since...October . But it picks up right where you left off-you don't "miss" workouts. Today was shoulders, and raising my arms tomorrow is going to be interesting. I was too sore to do aerobics .
Old 01-13-2014, 07:56 PM   #1091
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Yesterday I did 1.5 hrs on the Arc Trainer (Level 10, Strength Program) and 1 hour of weight lifting and yoga. Today I did 30 minutes on the Arc Trainer and then 30 minutes of abs and stretching.

I hung out with my best gym friend, Lakesha. She comes in every morning at 5am and calls the gym her "morning coffee." She is a thickly built, African American, straight woman, who is vibrant and down-to-earth and always puts on a beautiful dress after her work-out. I still have never come out to her. It's just so awkward to come out to a straight woman when hanging out naked (in the locker room, I mean).

How do I... ?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2014, 09:01 PM   #1092
diamondrose

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,895 Times in 923 Posts
diamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputation

Moving to a country town I suddenly realized I needed to find new ways of exercising. Since my move I have gained 10 pounds from my original weight lose and I am not happy about it. I have to keep in mind that I went from a very active job to a sometimes active job. Recently, I discovered a gym I like that has several locations around the city in which I work (work is an hour from home) and I have access anytime. Having 24/7 access works great considering in my line of work getting off at any particular time can quickly turn into a much later time. After I get off work I spend an hour in the gym or longer if time permits and am enjoying every minute. In fact I am enjoying myself so much- tomorrow I will be at a station 30 minutes from the gym, but still I am going to make the drive to the gym
diamondrose is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to diamondrose For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2014, 02:12 AM   #1093
fatallyblonde

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her

I have been hooping and walking... last night I started back at swing dancing, there is a same sex swing dancing class near where I live for queer people which is awesome. a cute butch in the class too :swoon:
today I just did some running around and will do some hooping. back to the gym tomorrow.
had my first weight in today since before christmas annnnnnd I regained the 1.4kgs I lost prior to the festive season :eyeroll: but had lost cm on my body... so just getting back into it. it'll take time but I can do it!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to fatallyblonde For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2014, 07:51 PM   #1094
Gráinne

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
My name always works
Relationship Status:
Happy whatever happens

Gráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST Reputation

I joined a new gym literally about across the street and 5 minutes away, as opposed to 20 minutes. It's not as "flashy" as the old gym, but considering I hadn't been there in three months, how much was I really getting out of it anyway? (Nothing).

I also met a trainer I like, and so will be going in for a fitness evaluation soon. I can also do my ActiveTrax there, as that is totally separate from the gym and is its own program.

It's also conveniently next to the grocery store, and if I can keep myself out of the eats nearby, I say it's a win .

Oh, and I did 1.2 miles in 30 minutes.
Old 01-18-2014, 05:49 PM   #1095
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

2 hours Arc Trainer (Level 10, strength), 1 hour weight lifting, abs, and yoga. I watched Lizard Lick Towing, always a favorite of mine, even if it's a little silly.

I haven't exercised (formally) since Monday. I've been chronically behind on sleep all week and stressed with work. I'm very excited to have this three day weekend to catch up on sleeping and cooking and exercising and experiencing overall peacefulness!

How do I... ?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2014, 07:29 PM   #1096
Gráinne

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
My name always works
Relationship Status:
Happy whatever happens

30 minutes on treadmill, then ActiveTrax for shoulders and back
Old 01-18-2014, 07:48 PM   #1097
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

The past few months, most of my exercise has come from work related activities such as general cleaning, sweeping, mopping and shoveling snow. I walked and jogged a bit but, for the most part, that's what my routine consisted of. I've decided, now that the initial rush of resolutioners have petered down, to return to the gym.

I got in 65 minutes on the treadmill, with increasing low to moderate incline and speed. A big ole guy stepped up on the machine next to me. He had at least 14 inches on me and probably a good 85-95 lbs. And he committed the 2 worst gym sins you can commit, imo. Well, to be fair, one is a pet peeve. The other is a health issue. But no matter. He did both. And that's why he got the evil eye. Twice.

Happy Saturday, y'all.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2014, 10:14 PM   #1098
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
sitting over there ----->>>>> :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,308 Times in 2,609 Posts
RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation

Beautiful day outside - cold and clear. Packed my pockets with those individually wrapped cheese sticks, took the dogs for a long walk. Found a nice secluded spot under some trees, gave them their cheese sticks. Walking 2 frisky large dogs is always a good workout.
RockOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2014, 08:27 AM   #1099
Chancie

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme-inist
Relationship Status:
I'm lucky.

1 Highscore

Thanked 14,354 Times in 2,670 Posts
Chancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up

I needed to take a break from getting up at 4:30 to stretch and lift before work. I was feeling stressed and tired all the time, and it started to feel too freaky to get to the Y in the dark.

I decided to register for a few water fitness classes. I always feel good and sore afterwards, and if I work hard, I exercise a lot of large muscles, and it's great aerobic exercise. I'm always shocked when I sweat in the pool.

I also joined a yoga class that's sponsored by the Wellness Committee at school. I am very stretchy, but it's very challenging for me to hold a standing pose. I think it will get easier.

I'm also using MFP to track my food. I'd been feeling kind of puffy after a few weeks of holiday cheer, and I remember feeling this way when I first started tracking my food last year.
Chancie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chancie For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2014, 05:07 PM   #1100
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,310 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

My mom had a stroke on New Year's Eve (she didn't sustain impairment, but is at risk for another stroke and needs surgery to clear her arteries), and it scared the shit out of me.

Also last week I learned for the first time ever, my cholesterol is "a bit high" (I'm still waiting for the exact number).

Watching my dad crumple now at the end of his long illness and a partner—who became an ex—having been in cardiac intensive care for months now,

I guess I'm just saying, I am newly committed to my health in a way I've never been, though I've always exercised and had a pretty fit lifestyle.

So Jen, I'm subscribing to your thread!

Tags
exercise, weights