Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 04-08-2013, 08:25 PM   #121
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gráinne View Post
My daughter has gotten into competitive swimming. She will be swimming for a local team this summer, then for her high school next fall. In order to actually teach her to swim correctly (she's never had a formal lesson), I hired a trainer. I see a lot of difference just in two sessions. You never know, Michael Phelps had to start somewhere!

Anyway, we meet at UALR's pool, and after the lesson, she got permission to hang around and dive, just fool around. And so did I! It felt so great to swim laps again, much like meeting an old friend. I like to imagine my problems and challenges written on cement blocks that fall off of me as I go, making me lighter and faster. I picture them small and manageable down at the bottom of the pool. When I'm done, not only have I exhausted myself in a good way, worked out my body, but at the least I can feel a little better about what I'm struggling with.

I know I've been dealing with depression for most of the winter. To get out of this, I've tried to remember what I was doing when I felt my happiest and most joyful. One thing was that I was extremely active. At one point, I was a runner, dancer and a swimmer, though not on a competitive level. I was just always going. When I retired from dance, and thus from all the rest of that, I lost myself. I told my counselor that I wanted to find myself again, and I suspect that in the pool is one way to do it.

For me, it's not even about getting in shape or losing weight. If I think like that, I'll quit. I call those laps (or dance, or running-if I can run again) a kind of meditation.

Good for you for takeing these first steps in your journey.I do get how you have felt over the winter with depresion,I to deal with this issue,last night I was watching a horse related sports even I heavly competed in for years that was the grove I belonged in.I have watched lots of simular events in rt and on TV but for some reason It slaped me in the face like a brick bat,after a bit of just letting it happen then ppicking up the peices I took charge of it today by draging out the workout equipment thenseting it back up on the patio,I threw out the old bench cause it was falling apart.I worked out till I got a good mind blowing sweat going with the radio blowing out servivor them songs from the Rocky movies.It's a start and I will contenue to do this,it's not I dont have something going for me it's just feeling the loss of who I was,I gess it's like serching for a place of belonging.Good luck on your journey,go with power and pride.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2013, 01:37 PM   #122
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
He’s my One & Only

Thanked 32,009 Times in 9,947 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Last night, I went for a late night walk and I think I broke a baby toe on my right foot - it's swollen today and I can also see that when I tripped and fell last night, that it also took part of the toe nail off, too. I was lost in thought, trying to free my mind of thoughts, when it happened.

I have no idea how far I walked last night, but I was gone for about two hours - an hours worth of walking at a fairly fast pace and about an hours worth of limping weirdly, to get back home.

I really should not have gone walking late at night, so I'll refrain from doing that from now on. I work today, so I should get a fair amount of exercise (walking, lifting, sometimes jogging, too).

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2013, 04:02 PM   #123
dixie
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
I usually just poke it with a stick.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Bitch
Relationship Status:
Intertwined deeply

Thanked 21,385 Times in 4,808 Posts
dixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputation

Three miles (in laps) around this small lake:

then another 2 miles at my usual spot down near the river.

Think I will go back for a couple more miles, in a few minutes as well.
dixie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dixie For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2013, 10:15 PM   #124
always2late

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
m'lady

Thanked 6,231 Times in 1,462 Posts
always2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputation

I started my 10-week fitness challenge/bootcamp on Monday, and holy cow, it is intense!! And despite the fact that it is currently whooping my butt and causing full-body soreness...it is a good kind of sore. I'm feeling good about it (that's how I feel right NOW...ask me again next week LOL).

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there ~ Rumi
always2late is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to always2late For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2013, 10:49 PM   #125
deb0670

How Do You Identify?:
femme/ baby girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 6,027 Times in 1,189 Posts
deb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputation

Well, i tried that new Yoga video i bought, and realized sadly, that i cannot do most of it..
Not cause i am too heavy or out of shape.. but due to all the surgeries i have had to my lower abdomen, and the slipped disc right above my tail bone.. i cannot get on the floor.. no matter what kind of mat i use.. and lay prone on my stomach..
i cannot even lay on my stomach anymore in bed.. which was my MOST favorite way to sleep..
Soo..
guess i will be looking for other work out stuff..
i did walk around in Walmart tonight for about an hour or two..
does that count?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to deb0670 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2013, 11:00 PM   #126
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 26,373 Times in 5,877 Posts
Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

1/2 hour on the dreadmill, 3.5 mph, 15 minutes at 7 incline (I'm trying to get my hiking legs back under me), and 15 minutes ranging from 3-5 incline. 2.5 miles with Obi, he's really getting some speed up with those tiny legs, the pedometer registered 3.2 mph!
Hollylane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2013, 11:36 PM   #127
SuddenlyWestFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

SuddenlyWestFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuddenlyWestFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuddenlyWestFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuddenlyWestFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuddenlyWestFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuddenlyWestFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuddenlyWestFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuddenlyWestFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuddenlyWestFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuddenlyWestFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuddenlyWestFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Have my wicked dance class tomorrow at noon... and I'm still sore from last week--how is that possible?!?
SuddenlyWestFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SuddenlyWestFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2013, 12:35 AM   #128
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

I was fairly active most of the morning but the weather has been so bad with t-storms,hail with high winds I stayed in after I got home,Being I put the workout equipment back on the paito I desuded I would just wait till the lightning and all quit,I wast to get lit up over something but not that way.Onething Ireally need to do is watch my food intake after 5:00pm,I do fine till then so for some reason I turn into a eating machine...not bad stuff just to much of everything else,it must stop....I had a firm controle on the night eating till a couple of monts ago then it bit by bit got out of hand,I gess from stress cause that is what starts this crazy up and down thing.Back to the drawing bord.
One thing I do is picture reinforcement,I have some pictures im shure this is gonna sound bad but theses pics are of not how you want to look like cause of over eating...one is a big fat buiskit with butter driping everywhere it has a face on the with the caption that says"come on ya wanna be a big biskit..take another bite" just that sort of thing houmor but right to the point.Corse geting a steroid injection in my back last Thrusday didnt help a bit only made it worse,I was warned by the doc it would happen.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2013, 05:38 PM   #129
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,310 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

Tonight I went from four sets of 10 reps each on seven machines, to three sets of 15 reps each on 10 machines.

Plus I upped the weight on each machine, and I'm using more of a variety of machines.

It feels pretty good!
Old 04-11-2013, 05:40 PM   #130
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I packed and lugged around very heavy boxes today...BUT...it's been absolutely gorgeous today and I've enjoyed every minute I've been outside.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2013, 05:50 PM   #131
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,719 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

30 minutes on the elliptical

watched a dangerous stunts gone wrong type reality clips show while on the elliptical:

there was a man who bungee jumped tied inside a shopping cart over a lake
he was successful in that part and then came down beside the lake but then as a prank one of his daredevil friends pushed him into the lake while he was still clipped in the cart (one of the clips was still on and the friends didn't realize it.). so when he didn't come back up his friends jumped in to try and save him but with no luck. luckily he was ultimately able to get that last clip off himself and then get to the surface of the water but it was a close call. i thought to myself, "my god! i am frightened of the tiniest things, and this guy is bungee jumping tied to a shopping cart above a lake and then sinking in a lake and barely resurfacing only to catch his breath and laugh!"

when i arrived, the woman who is ALWAYS at the gym was there on a different elliptical. when i left she was still going strong, of course. i found out her name is jill by hearing a trainer call her that. it's nice to finally know her name.

earlier this week the fire alarm went off at the gym. in very new york style, everyone just ignored it, knowing we'd be told if it wasn't an accident. it went off for a good five minutes (incredibly loud with flashing lights). then an announcement came over the speakers: false alarm. no one blinked. we are a jaded bunch here.

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2013, 06:22 PM   #132
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

Hi all of you exercise peeps!!!!

I joined a gym on Monday and have walked 1.5miles on the treadmill with the virtual trail, for my third straight day. Drinking tons of water and not eating anything past 6pm.

I feel wonderful. The gym i joined is really cool and the people are nice.

I'm really loving it!!!
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2013, 07:11 PM   #133
JAGG
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
JAGG
Relationship Status:
=)

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,545 Times in 4,142 Posts
JAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST Reputation

I got home from work put on my running gear and ran about 3 miles. The weather was perfect,I was motivated to run, but I felt like crap the whole time. Kept waiting for my second wind to kick in and it never did. Half way into it, my legs felt like lead and I got a stitch in my side , and I was glad when I got back to my neighborhood and it was all behind me. Some days it just happens like that.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:23 PM   #134
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,310 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAGG View Post
I got home from work put on my running gear and ran about 3 miles. The weather was perfect,I was motivated to run, but I felt like crap the whole time. Kept waiting for my second wind to kick in and it never did. Half way into it, my legs felt like lead and I got a stitch in my side , and I was glad when I got back to my neighborhood and it was all behind me. Some days it just happens like that.

I know what you mean! I had a walk like that last week. My legs just felt tired, in a weird way. But I wasn't tired. Anyway... maybe the next one will be better.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:50 PM   #135
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 26,373 Times in 5,877 Posts
Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

I briskly walked the trail at Henry Hagg Lake, and then did some fishing
Hollylane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2013, 08:40 PM   #136
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
He’s my One & Only

Thanked 32,009 Times in 9,947 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default My exercise today :-)

I didn't get off work until late last night - getting only about 3 hours of sleep; then, for the better part of today, I worked with some people in the community on a spring clean up project: building a garden, playing in the dirt (I guess you could say). It was a lot of fun!

I feel sore from all the work I did today, toe included!

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2013, 12:45 AM   #137
SuddenlyWestFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

SuddenlyWestFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuddenlyWestFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuddenlyWestFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuddenlyWestFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuddenlyWestFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuddenlyWestFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuddenlyWestFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuddenlyWestFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuddenlyWestFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuddenlyWestFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuddenlyWestFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Well... second wicked dance class. Kicked my butt (and arms and core) again. And I mowed the front lawn afterwards! Made me remember two years ago when I mowed for the very first time in my life (being from NYC--mowing was not something I did) and how I literally cried the whole time. Wow... what a difference a couple years can make.

Tomorrow, I won't exercise because I'm sure I won't be able to move. lol. Although I might walk around Greenlake if I can move.
SuddenlyWestFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SuddenlyWestFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2013, 05:51 PM   #138
always2late

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
m'lady

Thanked 6,231 Times in 1,462 Posts
always2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputation

One week down, nine to go! And, I have to say, this week my butt was well and truly kicked! Lol! But, I'm feeling better...not nearly so winded or sore.

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there ~ Rumi
always2late is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to always2late For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2013, 06:05 PM   #139
Venus007

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Serene Highness ;}
Relationship Status:
Dreamily contemplating some outrage against conventional morality

Thanked 4,767 Times in 1,144 Posts
Venus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST Reputation

Took everything out of the bathroom, scrubbed the floor on my hands and knees and with a mop (I had some flood damage). Put everything back, it looks pretty again and my arms are gonna be a little sore.

"So you'll die happily for your sins. You'd rather die in guilt then live in love?" Timothy Leary
Venus007 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Venus007 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2013, 07:12 PM   #140
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation
Default Honestly, it was a truly beautiful day.

First, I did the stay away from me, bee dance.

Then I did the omg, a bee's in my hair dance.

Finally, there was the holy crap, it flew up my jacket sleeve dance.

When the time came to scrub the honey off the pavement, I was nearly whupped.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:

Tags
exercise, weights