Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,661 Times in 7,652 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation
Default Open Mouth. Insert Foot.

Sometimes, I see stuff in the news that makes me realize how old habits and beliefs still linger in the minds of us imperfect mortals. So, I thought it might be interesting to start a thread for those comments hitting the news that make us go "huh?" or "did they really say that?" kind of stuff.

Today I found this:

New York Giants running back Brandon Jacobs ripped Gisele Bundchen on Tuesday for comments the supermodel made defending her husband, NE Patriot quarterback Tom Brady, after Super Bowl XLVI. "She just needs to continue to be cute and shut up," the victorious Jacobs told reporters at the Giants championship parade in Manhattan.

Teammate Osi Umenyiora, perhaps attempting to try and be more diplomatic, added..... "I mean she's supposed to stay out of things like that," said the Giants defensive end."But at the end of the day that's their relationship and she has the right to say whatever she wants to."

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...170639760.html

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2012, 12:44 AM   #2
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation
Default Hugh Hefner Reacts to Son's Domestic Violence Arrest

Hugh Hefner is holding hope things will work out after his son Marston Hefner was arrested for investigation of domestic violence on his live-in Playmate girlfriend Claire Sinclair.

"If they care about each other, they'll patch it up," the Playboy founder tells PEOPLE.

http://www.people.com/people/article...ntent=My+Yahoo

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2012, 07:02 AM   #3
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

And what ticks me off about the Tom Brady -Giselle thing is that had that been the other way around, Tom would have been expected to defend his wife . I don't know if he needed defending or what the deal was but from what i understand the media was pressuring Tom Brady to answer on why they lost the Super Bowl, but those details don't make a difference to me.

For Hell's sake don't let the women speak out when they want to.

and PATCH it up, I'm sorry but once you have shown what you are capable of (domestic violence) you're done in my book. You either have it in your character to do that sort of crap, or you don't.
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2012, 08:51 AM   #4
Cin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Thanked 10,620 Times in 2,489 Posts
Cin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST Reputation

Women in the Military Should Expect to Get Raped

For someone who's so pro-war, commentator Liz Trotta sure has trouble figuring out who the enemy is. On Fox News over the weekend, she belittled proponents of women in combat and derided "feminists" who complain that uniformed ladies "are now being raped too much" by male soldiers. As evidence, she cited a recent DOD report that assaults on women had risen 64 percent in the past six years. "Now, what did they expect? These people are in close contact," she told anchor Eric Shawn.

Did Trotta just suggest that women who defend this country should expect to get raped as a matter of course, as routinely as wearing a uniform and getting up early? Yes.

Did Trotta just suggest that men who defend this country are monsters who can't stop themselves from raping women in close proximity, and shouldn't be expected to? Yes.

SHAWN: Well, many would say that they need to be protected, and there are these sexual programs, abuse programs, are necessary—

TROTTA: That's funny, I thought the mission of the Army, and the Navy, and four services was to defend and protect us, not the people who were fighting the war.

SHAWN: Well, you certainly want the people fighting the war to be protected from anything that could be illegal.

TROTTA: Oh, look, I mean, that's—nice try Eric. This whole question of women in the military has not been aired properly, and it's the great sleeping giant.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2012, 09:14 AM   #5
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Tick View Post

..... she belittled proponents of women in combat and derided "feminists" who complain that uniformed ladies "are now being raped too much" by male soldiers....

Trotta is implying there is an acceptable vs excessive amount of rape?

I'm gonna need more coffee for this.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2012, 09:15 AM   #6
Daktari

Default A decidedly un-serious mouth/foot incident

Uncle Bulgaria:"You look great in those trousers darlin, I've not seen you in those before." *kotc and sits on end of bed*

Madame Cholet: *turns to show UB her lovely bum and how well the trousers fit*

Uncle Bulgaria: "Schexy fekker aintcha, where did you get them, Tesco?" (major UK supermarket)

Madame Cholet: *gives a look that could freeze hell over* "No Dar-ling, they're Armani!"

Uncle Bulgaria: *opens mouth and changes feet*
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2012, 09:33 AM   #7
Cin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Cin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobi View Post

Trotta is implying there is an acceptable vs excessive amount of rape?

I'm gonna need more coffee for this.

Apparently.
It would be interesting to know what the parameters are.

I guess it wouldn't matter. You know how it is, give 'em an inch and all. There are always people who are going to take advantage.

Coffee is not going to cut it.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2012, 09:02 PM   #8
Cin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

More on acceptable and excessive raping.

Trotta then noted that the budget of the Defense Department’s Sexual Assault Prevention and Response Office increased from $5 million in 2005 to more than $23 million in 2010.

“So, you have this whole bureaucracy upon bureaucracy being built up with all kinds of levels of people to support women in the military who are now being raped too much,” Trotta remarked. Story

Apparently if they would just be raped less we wouldn't have to spend money supporting them. Interestingly enough Trotta still seems to be blaming female soldiers for getting raped excessively. Even that is the women's fault.

I'm still trying to figure out just what amount of rape is not too much.
Cin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2012, 09:06 PM   #9
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,773 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Trotta then noted that the budget of the Defense Department’s Sexual Assault Prevention and Response Office increased from $5 million in 2005 to more than $23 million in 2010.

“So, you have this whole bureaucracy upon bureaucracy being built up with all kinds of levels of people to support women in the military who are now being raped too much,” Trotta remarked. Story

Apparently if they would just be raped less we wouldn't have to spend money supporting them. Interestingly enough Trotta still seems to be blaming female soldiers for getting raped excessively. Even that is the women's fault.

OMG.

This woman.

Just five....no, eight minutes alone in a room with her.

That's all I ask.

She's certifiable.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2012, 10:32 PM   #10
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Quote:

I think I have decifered Trottalogics. According to Trottalogics the "64% increase in violent sexual assaults in the military" is due to:

1. too many "feminist warriors wanting to be victims" in too close a proximity to potential perpetrators

2. potential perpetrators have "discovered there is a difference between men and women"

The outcome of number 1 and 2 is a 450% increase, in a 5 year period, in cost/bureaucracy in the Sexual Assault Prevention and Response Office which probably needs to lose the Prevention part of its name.

Thus, the acceptable vs excessive rates of rates, in Trottalogics, would be the 2005 vs the 2010 rates.

Apparently, this can be accomplished by keeping feminists out of range of erect penises.
It's just a logistical problem.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2012, 08:54 AM   #11
Cin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Quote:
[COLOR="Navy"]

Sometimes, I see stuff in the news that makes me realize how old habits and beliefs still linger in the minds of us imperfect mortals. So, I thought it might be interesting to start a thread for those comments hitting the news that make us go "huh?" or "did they really say that?" kind of stuff.
Personally I don’t think there should be a statute of limitations on "did they really say that" and in this case did they really do that?

Happy Savages

Castle Bravo was a 15-megaton hydrogen bomb blast, the largest U.S. test ever, detonated over Bikini Atoll on March 1, 1954.

Rongelap was heavily contaminated by the Castle Bravo blast. The official explanation is that the wind suddenly shifted. Many of the islanders believe that the wind direction was known and the blast occurred anyway. The U.S. Navy waited several days before evacuating the island.

In 1957, the Rongelapese were told their island was safe again — a blatant untruth — and were transported back to their ancestral home, where they proceeded to die of cancer and give birth to large numbers of stillborn, deformed children. The bodies of many of the islanders were removed by U.S. personnel and examined.

A year before they were moved back to Rongelap, Merril Eisenbud, the first health and safety chief of the U.S. Atomic Energy Commission, had said, according to the transcript of a 1956 meeting: “That island is by far the most contaminated place on earth and it would be very interesting to get a measure of human uptake when people live in a contaminated environment. . . . While it is true that these people do not live the way Westerners do, civilized people, it is also true that these people are more like us than the mice.”
Cin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2012, 11:21 AM   #12
SyrBlackwolff

How Do You Identify?:
Old School Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
hy, hym..she if you must

SyrBlackwolff Has the BEST ReputationSyrBlackwolff Has the BEST ReputationSyrBlackwolff Has the BEST ReputationSyrBlackwolff Has the BEST ReputationSyrBlackwolff Has the BEST ReputationSyrBlackwolff Has the BEST ReputationSyrBlackwolff Has the BEST ReputationSyrBlackwolff Has the BEST ReputationSyrBlackwolff Has the BEST ReputationSyrBlackwolff Has the BEST ReputationSyrBlackwolff Has the BEST Reputation
Default Ignorance....

It just never ceases to amaze me how so called educated, intellegent people can be so igronrant...... shaking my head!!!
SyrBlackwolff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SyrBlackwolff For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2012, 08:40 PM   #13
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Default ESPN apologizes for racial slur

G Jeremy Lin ESPN was offered an apology by ESPN for its use of an "offensive headline referencing him and the New York Knicks early Saturday morning.

The headline, used on the media outlet's mobile website, contained a racial slur as it described the Knicks' point guard and the team ending their winning streak against the New Orleans Hornets on Friday night.

The headline read "Chink in the Armor" and was up on the mobile site, which is seen on cell phones and tablets, for about a half-hour, according to ESPN. Lin, whose parents are Taiwanese, is the league's first American-Born player of Taiwanese or Chinese descent.

He had helped the Knicks to the seven-game winning streak, sparking a national sensation playfully known as "Linsanity."

ESPN posted an apology on all Knicks' stories on its website Saturday. It read: "Last night, ESPN.com's mobile website posted an offensive headline referencing Jeremy Lin at 2:30 a.m. ET. The headline was removed at 3:05 a.m. We are conducting a complete review of our cross-platform editorial procedures and are determining appropriate disciplinary action to ensure this does not happen again. We regret and apologize for this mistake."

The Following User Says Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2012, 07:12 AM   #14
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Default Ben & Jerry's Removes Fortune Cookies From New 'Lin-Sanity' Flavor

Et tu, Ben & Jerry? The Vermont ice cream manufacturer have had second thoughts about a new flavor of frozen yogurt available at their Harvard franchise called Taste the Lin-Sanity. Why? Because initial batches of the Jeremy Lin-themed frozen dessert featured "pieces of fortune cookie," sfgate.com reports. Those have since been replaced with waffle pieces, a decision Ryan Midden, Ben & Jerry's general manager for their Boston and Cambridge outlets, insists was made because waffle pieces retain their crisp better. Midden does acknowledge, however, that some customers took offense at the implied racism.

Taste the Lin-Sanity's vanilla frozen yogurt also contains "lychee honey swirls," a decadent addition derived from the succulent fruit indigenous to southern China and Southeast Asia. So far, no one seems to have taken offense at that slightly subtler ethnic reference.

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/enter...-flavor/49165/

Old 03-01-2012, 05:26 AM   #15
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Default ‘Racist’ Filipino Magazine Cover Axed After Online Outrage

On the March 2012 cover of FHM Philippines, the country’s top-selling men’s mag, a light-skinned model emerges from a group of black models accompanied by the caption, “Stepping Out of the Shadows.”

According to the New York Times, the photo of swimsuit-clad Filipino actress Bela Padilla immediately met backlash from readers and social media users who argue the photo is racist and insensitive. “Seriously, did you guys not sense how racist this concept was?” writes one user on the magazine’s Facebook page.

The outrage prompted local publisher Summit Media to issue an apology, scrap the edition and promise to print a new cover featuring Padilla. “In our pursuit to come up with edgier covers, we will strive to be more sensitive,” the company, which publishes more than 20 magazines in the Philippines, wrote in its statement.

Just hours after the cover ran, Filipino Victor Bautista launched an online petition on Change.org calling for Summit to apologize for and recall the cover, ABS-CBN News reports. “People of African descent have been unjustly stigmatized as embodying darkness, ever since the era of slave trading. The cover is a modern rendition of a regressive form of discrimination, and should thus be brought to utmost scrutiny, in a day and age wherein racial equality should be universal,” he wrote.

The BBC caught up with Padilla for an interview, where she said she did not have any regrets about the photo shoot. “So they wanted me to come into a ‘coming-of-age’ sort of article — that’s why they chose that caption,’’ she told the BBC. She said some of the models in the photo included light-skinned women painted black. “Some people might think that it’s even more offensive that some people in that shoot were Filipinas who were painted black,” replied reporter Mishal Husain.

The ad sparked debate on social media and news sites. “It is said that this is about Bela emerging from her ‘inhibitions.’ But pray tell, why would a white girl’s inhibitions appear as a bevy of black girls? Why pit one woman’s white body against five women’s black bodies? Why highlight one at the expense of the others?’’ Katrina Stuart Santiago wrote in an opinion piece for GMA News Online, a news outlet in the Philippines. Why indeed?

Read more: http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/03/01/...#ixzz1nrao24vI

Old 03-01-2012, 05:42 AM   #16
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Default Jeremy Lin Fan’s ‘Fortune Cookie’ Poster Causes Controversy

The first American-born player of Taiwanese descent in the NBA, Lin’s race has caused just as much chatter as his game-winning three pointers. And this is not a new thing for him. According to TIME’s cover story this week, the 23-year-old has had to overcome ethnic slur throughout his career. When Lin entered a gym for summer-league in high school someone dismissed him, saying he was in the wrong place for volleyball. While he played at Harvard, rival teams were the quickest to pass harsh slurs his way. During a game against Georgetown in Washington, a spectator yelled “Sweet-and-sour pork!” from the stands.

But the star’s success has helped him challenge racial stereotypes. Many Asian Americans are passionate about basketball, including Lin’s father, Gie-Ming Lin. When Lin’s father emigrated to the U.S. from Taiwan in 1977, he fell in love with basketball From an early age, Lin’s father has encouraged his son to make time for the game, taking him to the local YMCA to drill and watch recorded NBA games.

With Linspiration sweeping the globe, who knows what the future holds for basketball players of Asian descent? NewsFeed hopes the Linsanity will at least curb offensive signs like this.

Read more: http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/02/17/...#ixzz1nrd3X17A

After that news feed, I didnt expect the next article on the same page of the same site to say this:

MORE: Linsanity! Jeremy Lin Recolors the Culture of Basketball

The Following User Says Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2012, 03:08 PM   #17
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Default Nike Apologizes for Controversial ‘Black and Tan’ Sneakers

Just in time for St. Patrick’s Day, Nike released its SB “Black and Tan” sneakers, a nod to the popular beverage made from mixing stout and pale ale. What the company didn’t realize: the name is also deeply offensive to Irish people. It refers to a brutal British paramilitary unit sent to suppress Irish revolutionaries in the early 1920s. In Ireland, the “Black and Tans” are still widely associated with merciless mistreatment of civilians.

The name would be the equivalent of calling a sneaker the “Al Qaeda” in the U.S., Ciaran Staunton, president of the Irish Lobby for Immigration Reform, told IrishCentral.com. Backlash ensued, and Nike offered a a swift apology for unintentionally upsetting the Irish people. It was a complete accident, of course, but it does make you wonder why nobody over at Nike’s headquarters knows how to use the ol’ Google machine.

One advertisement for the $90 sneaker reads: “Tis the season for Irish beer and why not celebrate with Nike. The Black and Tan sneaker takes inspiration for the fine balancing act of a Stout (Guinness) on top a Pale Ale (Harp) in a pint glass.” Nike officials told Fox News that the sneakers had been “unofficially named by some” and were officially dubbed the Nike SB Dunk Low.

Nike’s marketing crew must have been unaware of a very similar product-naming gaffe that caught Irish ire a few years back. Ben & Jerry’s, often lauded for its social awareness, released a “Black and Tan” ice cream in 2006, also unfamiliar with the name’s implications. No apology-flavored follow-up ice cream was ever released, but there’s still time for a limited edition release of some top-notch We’re Sorry We Messed Up kicks.

Read more: http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/03/15/...#ixzz1pPVvZxeI

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2012, 05:03 AM   #18
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Default Southern Miss band chants ‘where’s your green card?’ to Puerto Rican Kansas State player

Members of the University of Southern Mississippi band chanted racist taunts at a hispanic Kansas State player during the schools' NCAA tournament game on Thursday.

After point guard Angel Rodriguez was fouled late in the first half of the second-round game, a few band members showered the freshman with cries of "where's your green card?"

The chant and those who participated don't warrant any civilized dialogue. Both are an embarrassment to the university.

Southern Miss president Martha Saunders quickly apologized for the incident.

"We deeply regret the remarks made by a few students at today's game," she wrote in a statement issued two hours after the game. "The words of these individuals do not represent the sentiments of our pep band, athletic department or university. We apologize to Mr. Rodriquez (sic) and will take quick and appropriate disciplinary action against the students involved in this isolated incident.

As if things could get any more ignorant, the basis for the band's racism was itself misguided. Rodriguez was born in Puerto Rico, a commonwealth of the United States. Even if he hadn't grown up in Miami and starred for a high school basketball team in that city, he'd still be an American citizen and have no need for a green card. Ignorant ignorance; it's the best kind.

Rodriguez and K-State had the last laugh. The Wildcats defeated Southern Miss, 70-64.

---------------------

USM president Martha Saunders announced Tuesday that five band members have had their scholarships revoked, have been removed from the band and will have to complete a two-hour cultural sensitivity training course this week. None of the names of the band members were revealed.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-...205326741.html

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2012, 02:01 PM   #19
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,773 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Members of the University of Southern Mississippi band chanted racist taunts at a hispanic Kansas State player during the schools' NCAA tournament game on Thursday.

After point guard Angel Rodriguez was fouled late in the first half of the second-round game, a few band members showered the freshman with cries of "where's your green card?"

The chant and those who participated don't warrant any civilized dialogue. Both are an embarrassment to the university.

Southern Miss president Martha Saunders quickly apologized for the incident.

"We deeply regret the remarks made by a few students at today's game," she wrote in a statement issued two hours after the game. "The words of these individuals do not represent the sentiments of our pep band, athletic department or university. We apologize to Mr. Rodriquez (sic) and will take quick and appropriate disciplinary action against the students involved in this isolated incident.

As if things could get any more ignorant, the basis for the band's racism was itself misguided. Rodriguez was born in Puerto Rico, a commonwealth of the United States. Even if he hadn't grown up in Miami and starred for a high school basketball team in that city, he'd still be an American citizen and have no need for a green card. Ignorant ignorance; it's the best kind.

Rodriguez and K-State had the last laugh. The Wildcats defeated Southern Miss, 70-64.

---------------------

USM president Martha Saunders announced Tuesday that five band members have had their scholarships revoked, have been removed from the band and will have to complete a two-hour cultural sensitivity training course this week. None of the names of the band members were revealed.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-...205326741.html
It's things like this that make me hesitant to tell people where I was born.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2012, 12:45 AM   #20
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Default Racist Abercrombie & Fitch knockoff site sends clothing retailer scrambling for answers

Twitter users went into a frenzy today (warning: NSFW) when some people thought a Chinese clothing knockoff site using racist language belonged to clothing giant Abercrombie & Fitch.

The site, which has since been removed, used the N-word to describe a brown colored pair of cargo paints. The confusion and outrage was caused because the site is called "Abercrombie-and-Fitchoutlet."

Gawker reports that Chinese translation software company Kingsoft appears to be responsible for the incredibly poor language choice on the knockoff company's website.

And now, Abercrombie & Fitch says they are attempting to take legal action against the company that was not only falsely using their brand name but has caused them so much undeserved grief.