Allison W

How Do You Identify?:
TG Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Loner

Thanked 1,198 Times in 320 Posts
Allison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST Reputation

In fairness, gun control is not a winning issue these days. Just talking out of my ass, for a great big segment of the "why yes, gun control would be nice" population, it ranks somewhere around priority 2,348, and for a whole lot of people who are anti-gun-control it's priority one or fairly close to it. Even as a non-gun-owning liberal who thinks the NRA and the vocal gun nuts are full of shit, I'm not opposed to gun ownership, even of handguns. Walker has done many things that offend me, and I both signed the recall petition and voted against him in the recall election, but the legalization of concealed weapons was not a factor in this.

More generally, liberals--even merely kinda-sorta liberals like lots of mainstream Democrats and left-leaning independents--are not known for having a singular policy platform which all members of their group must stick to or else (ever heard the saying "I don't belong to an organized political party. I'm a Democrat"?), and so liberal and liberal-leaning gun owners are not uncommon, particularly in geographical areas where activities like hunting are popular.

Anyway, I felt this article by a gun owner who thinks the NRA are a bunch of crackpots (and why) might be meaningful in the context of this thread: http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/0...re-under-siege
Allison W is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Allison W For This Useful Post: