Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > In The News

View Poll Results: Did the Pakistan government (or military) know Osama bin Laden was there?
Yes, I believe Pakistani officials of some kind knew (please explain): 57 78.08%
No, I don't believe Pakistani officials knew (please explain); 2 2.74%
I am not sure (please explain): 3 4.11%
I believe private Pakistani citizens knew and helped him set up his "safe house." 11 15.07%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-06-2011, 02:28 AM   #1
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Did the Pakistan government know Osama bin Laden was there?

A poll and place to discuss the role, if any of Pakistan's government or military having knowledge that bin Laden was living under their noses.

For a discussion of what this might mean for the future US relationship between the US and Pakistan if it turns out that Pakistan was harboring him.

What should, if anything the US do about the billions of dollars per year we give Pakistan?

Is this relationship helpful in building better relations with Islam at all and this part of the world? Or, is the US using Pakistan in some ways? Or, are we engaged with Pakistan because it has nuclear weapons and a negative relationship with India?

And any other points people want to bring up! It is a complex situation and grows even more complex with the US killing of bin Laden in Pakistan in a manner that some believe to be wrong- entering a sovereign nation to kill someone without permission to do so.
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 05-06-2011, 04:52 AM   #2
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

I can't think about all of this today but I have no doubt Pakistan knew he was there.
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 05-06-2011, 05:39 AM   #3
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Why would they (the Pakistani gov't) announce on TV that they knew where Osama lived if they were working with the US to get him? I'm puzzled by that whole concept..

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 05-06-2011, 06:09 AM   #4
Dutch Leonard

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Butch

Tournaments Won: 7

Dutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
Why would they (the Pakistani gov't) announce on TV that they knew where Osama lived if they were working with the US to get him? I'm puzzled by that whole concept..
If it wasn't out and out sympathy to his cause, then I think it was making a deal with the devil, if they let him alone, they wouldn't be targets of attacks. Once we did the dirty work, they can feign ignorance and outrage.
Dutch Leonard is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dutch Leonard For This Useful Post:
Old 05-06-2011, 06:37 AM   #5
rockybcn

How Do You Identify?:
a well blended yin yang butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'll take "sweetheart" for 500 Alex!
Relationship Status:
to be...or not to be...that is the question!

rockybcn Has the BEST Reputationrockybcn Has the BEST Reputationrockybcn Has the BEST Reputationrockybcn Has the BEST Reputationrockybcn Has the BEST Reputationrockybcn Has the BEST Reputationrockybcn Has the BEST Reputationrockybcn Has the BEST Reputationrockybcn Has the BEST Reputationrockybcn Has the BEST Reputationrockybcn Has the BEST Reputation

I believe they knew....but as all govts. its easier to turn a blind eye or deaf ear and play dumb when necessary. When your country is in economic crisis and you are being funded vast amounts of money from another country....well? They are a very close knit community and word spreads fast. They have found some of the biggest cells of terrorists reside here in Spain from Pakistan.
In Spain the Pakis are moving here in droves, they have the great opportunity to open small grocery stores and fruit markets and dont have to pay any taxes for 7 years....after that time,they sell it to another Paki and paying taxes becomes non existant.
Old 05-06-2011, 07:09 AM   #6
Glenn

How Do You Identify?:
Northwest Wind and Lake Michigan
Preferred Pronoun?:
Paesano
Relationship Status:
Solo

Thanked 3,732 Times in 1,096 Posts
Glenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST Reputation

We just pissed the Pakis off today by killing 15 so far with drones on their border of Afganistan. They already warned US : No More Strikes INSIDE Pak. It should be interesting how this is played out. I'm also thinking are we acting quickly on info we received from the raid?

I also read this morning dated May 3, interesting article by Alex Jones at http://www.infowars.com/forget-pakis...ion-all-along/
Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 08:26 AM   #7
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation

I do feel the Pakistan gov't knew all along where OBL was living. The gov't ignored him, and let him hide in plain site just as long as they could get away with it. They were caught, and now with the evidence that our soldiers got from inside the OBL compound, it will be real interesting to see what is released for the world to see.
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 05-06-2011, 08:56 AM   #8
NJFemmie

How Do You Identify?:
The original lime-twisted femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
I answer to most things, especially lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Still loving my Mare ;)

3 Highscores

Thanked 11,425 Times in 2,978 Posts
NJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST Reputation

They knew. You don't build a million dollar home and not know who's living in it.

NJFemmie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NJFemmie For This Useful Post:
Old 05-06-2011, 09:37 AM   #9
foxyshaman

How Do You Identify?:
spiritually minded dirt dog

Thanked 2,593 Times in 663 Posts
foxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputation

They knew. He was living in a posh neighborhood with the military elite. I think he outlived his usefulness, the Pak gov't neeeded something from the US and voila... oh look here he is.

I don't believe they could have carried out an airstrike in that region without the permission of the Pak gov't, or their assistance.

They knew.

Muriel Strode
foxyshaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 09:40 AM   #10
EnderD_503

How Do You Identify?:
Queer, trans guy, butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Relationship

Thanked 3,907 Times in 1,032 Posts
EnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by popcorninthesofa View Post
We just pissed the Pakis off today by killing 15 so far with drones on their border of Afganistan. They already warned US : No More Strikes INSIDE Pak. It should be interesting how this is played out. I'm also thinking are we acting quickly on info we received from the raid?

I also read this morning dated May 3, interesting article by Alex Jones at http://www.infowars.com/forget-pakis...ion-all-along/
Seriously? Honestly think using these kinds of slurs are disrespectful and only continues to widen the void.

As for the topic question...I guess I don't really care if they knew or not. If they did know, it was pretty convenient for George W to go and start an illegal war in Iraq as an extension of the supposed "war on terror." If the Pakistani gov't knew, then the American government likely knew as well...but then they wouldn't have been able to justify the unlawful invasion of Iraq if they'd killed him ten years ago.

And no I'm not dipping my toes into conspiracy theory here, just saying that it was pretty convenient to "not know" as far as starting a war that was more about imperialism than anything else.

Also wanted to add that I think the fact that many Pakistanis are irritated by what some see as disregard for Pakistan's sovereignty by the US is more of an issue on how US-Pakistani relations will look in the future than this.
EnderD_503 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to EnderD_503 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-06-2011, 09:51 AM   #11
Legendryder

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Single

Legendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST Reputation

Well, I say if Pakistan is so angry with us, we withdraw our support and leave. See how quickly they change their tune.
Legendryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 10:13 AM   #12
EnderD_503

How Do You Identify?:
Queer, trans guy, butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Relationship

Thanked 3,907 Times in 1,032 Posts
EnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendryder View Post
Well, I say if Pakistan is so angry with us, we withdraw our support and leave. See how quickly they change their tune.
I'm really not sure they would change it. American nationalists seem to take this stance with anyone they provide aid to who dares to question them. "Our way or the highway." Yet rarely does their aid do much to help the general population to begin with. It's this kind of pompous, arrogant behaviour the rest of the world detests so much. But I suppose some people like to reinforce stereotypes...
EnderD_503 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to EnderD_503 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-06-2011, 10:27 AM   #13
Legendryder

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Single

Legendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST Reputation

You are correct. I am an American. It is my birthright to be pompus. So there.
The Following User Says Thank You to Legendryder For This Useful Post:
Old 05-06-2011, 10:39 AM   #14
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

I woill bet a dollar to a donut that they knew he was there and just waiting to use /give that info to the usa when the time was right.To build this strong hold in the middle of a posh neighborhood not that far from a millitary school ..come on nobody an be so stupid as not to know.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 10:57 AM   #15
Semantics

How Do You Identify?:
malapropist
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 4,024 Times in 1,209 Posts
Semantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnderD_503 View Post
I'm really not sure they would change it. American nationalists seem to take this stance with anyone they provide aid to who dares to question them. "Our way or the highway." Yet rarely does their aid do much to help the general population to begin with. It's this kind of pompous, arrogant behaviour the rest of the world detests so much. But I suppose some people like to reinforce stereotypes...
Exactly.

As a United States citizen I personally find the displays of self-importance embarrassing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendryder View Post
You are correct. I am an American. It is my birthright to be pompus. So there.
This attitude is a great example of what's wrong with society in this country. If you want to believe that being born entitles you to be irritatingly grand and self-important, I'd like to suggest that you set loftier goals for yourself.
Semantics is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Semantics For This Useful Post:
Old 05-06-2011, 11:08 AM   #16
Legendryder

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Single

Isn't it great to be an American? You can have your opinion, I can have mine. Unlike Iraq under Sadam where saying what you think got you beaten, shot and tossed into a mass grave. Or just being born Kurdish got you planes flying over dropping mustard gas killing your entire family. My point is, America supports many countries around the world. We have the biggest stick. Good for us. I say if these countries that we are supporting do not like our politics, go to hell. They know what they are getting into. They come to us with their hand out, then want to complain? Pfffff.
The Following User Says Thank You to Legendryder For This Useful Post:
Old 05-06-2011, 11:09 AM   #17
Glenn

How Do You Identify?:
Northwest Wind and Lake Michigan
Preferred Pronoun?:
Paesano
Relationship Status:
Solo

Thanked 3,732 Times in 1,096 Posts
Glenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST Reputation

[QUOTE=EnderD_503;333923] it was pretty convenient to "not know" as far as starting a war that was more about imperialism than anything else.

Blaming my country isn't part of the solution either. Moslem radicals have attacked soo many other countries that don't even have any troops there. It's more complicated than imperialism vs. 3rd world underdog.
Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 12:27 PM   #18
rockybcn

How Do You Identify?:
a well blended yin yang butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'll take "sweetheart" for 500 Alex!
Relationship Status:
to be...or not to be...that is the question!

rockybcn Has the BEST Reputationrockybcn Has the BEST Reputationrockybcn Has the BEST Reputationrockybcn Has the BEST Reputationrockybcn Has the BEST Reputationrockybcn Has the BEST Reputationrockybcn Has the BEST Reputationrockybcn Has the BEST Reputationrockybcn Has the BEST Reputationrockybcn Has the BEST Reputationrockybcn Has the BEST Reputation

I can tell you this.....there is something brewing in the air last few days...and it isnt coffee! The Pakis here have been congregating more than usual in my barrio. There seems to be some anger or frustration and they have been loud and demonstrative against some people. It died down after awhile because it was drawing too much attention. Today I was out walking my dog and two Pakis were approaching from the other direction. The one deliberately plowed into my shoulder. It didnt phase me but it sent him off kilter and that was a humiliation I am sure!!!! He yelled a profanity my way but I never looked back. It wouldnt surprise me if there is more anti american sentiment that takes place here in Spain.
Old 05-06-2011, 12:59 PM   #19
Words

How Do You Identify?:
Queer femme submissive
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 4,261 Times in 677 Posts
Words Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST Reputation

I cannot believe some of the shit that I'm reading here.

I used to think that some Americans were just naive. Now I realize that they're not naive at all, they're just ignorant. (Same applies to us Brits before anyone goes accusing me of picking on 'you Yanks', though in my opinion, to a much lesser degree). Offensive? Good. I want to offend you. I want you to KNOW what those 'Pakis' must feel like though, on a scale of one to ten in terms of offensiveness, I'd reckon that 'you Yanks' are getting off pretty lightly.

This thread makes my stomach churn. Just like it churned earlier today when I read about the women and children that were killed in the attack on the Pakistan border. Or don't Afghani/Paki women and children count? No of course they don't. Same way that Bin Laden's wife and children didn't count when the US shot BL's brains out in front of them. Same way all those Iraqi children and women didn't count when the West put monetary interest ahead of the human rights of those they claimed to be protecting (pleeeeeease). And those Palestinian children and women, you know, the ones the world conveniently forgot. And ALL those women and children whose lives don't count because, after all, we had to prove a point because, well, that is what we do.

And you wonder why the Muslims have no respect for the USA? Amazing.

Words
Words is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Words For This Useful Post:
Old 05-06-2011, 01:07 PM   #20
Words

How Do You Identify?:
Queer femme submissive
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 4,261 Times in 677 Posts
Words Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST Reputation

And what's with people THANKING those using the word Paki in their posts?

REALLY?

Last edited by Words; 05-06-2011 at 01:10 PM. Reason: Too late, we saw it. Shame on you.
Words is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Words For This Useful Post: