Old 11-04-2012, 05:39 PM   #11601
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,407 Times in 4,138 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess View Post
Deciding that I need to make next years reunion a priority instead of being a crazy workaholic!!!
This brought a BIG smile to my face.

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2012, 06:00 PM   #11602
always2late

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
m'lady

Thanked 6,231 Times in 1,462 Posts
always2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputation

After a week of no power, water, or heat...our lights came on tonight!! We have lights, and heat, and running water again!! Woo hoo!! Although I am thrilled that I can finally take a LONG hot shower...my heart is still broken for all that lost so much in this storm. Friends who have nothing but the clothes on their back. I did do my heart good though to drive around today and see that the donation drops are overflowing with food, clothes, etc... It kinda restores my faith in humanity.

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there ~ Rumi
always2late is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to always2late For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2012, 06:27 PM   #11603
laruss

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She or Goddess
Relationship Status:
Settled in

Thanked 5,328 Times in 1,045 Posts
laruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputation

I love my new home. I was driving along the lake and just smiling at the thought that I get to see this view each and every day. I feel like I am exactly where I belong. I am a water girl and it truly makes me happy to live so close now.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to laruss For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2012, 06:44 PM   #11604
Julien

How Do You Identify?:
TG/GenderQueer
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm flexible, but only up to a point.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 2,701 Times in 737 Posts
Julien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

What makes me smile is the lovely weekend I had. I look forward to more of the same. Big hug.

“Self-plagiarism is style.” Alfred Hitchcock

Formerly known as Graphiteta2s
Julien is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Julien For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2012, 06:50 PM   #11605
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Thanked 12,949 Times in 3,419 Posts
Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

Watching a group of kids playing with a toy castle display at Wally World...they were really getting into it...oblivious to everything and everyone around them...so cute!
Miss Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miss Scarlett For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2012, 07:39 PM   #11606
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

Thanked 7,501 Times in 1,850 Posts
sylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputation

Today was my day off -- & i got to go into the Nursing Home i work at, and work as a nurse for the morning, practicing my skills i've learned so far in school.

i sooooooo loved every moment of it.
Tomorrow, i start my 2 week clinical practicum..
so 2 more weeks of practicing my nursing skills, yaaaay!

i even got to do a fleet enema and suppository today!
Okay, so that wouldn't make just anyone smile - but i am cause i was a nurse today!
i'm a happy, happy student! heheh

my facebook weight loss page:
http://www.facebook.com/asyllyjourney
sylvie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sylvie For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2012, 08:02 PM   #11607
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,427 Times in 6,883 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by laruss View Post
I love my new home. I was driving along the lake and just smiling at the thought that I get to see this view each and every day. I feel like I am exactly where I belong. I am a water girl and it truly makes me happy to live so close now.
I"m so enjoying the happy progression of your journey.....

cinnamongrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cinnamongrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2012, 08:10 PM   #11608
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,427 Times in 6,883 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I was charmed and smitten....by a wee boy who looked too small to be able to walk....finally.....a GOOD experience with children while at walmart....
cinnamongrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cinnamongrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2012, 08:15 PM   #11609
Strappie

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I know who I am... Doesn't matter
Relationship Status:
It's a new day....

Thanked 4,946 Times in 1,350 Posts
Strappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default No More Living in Fear....

This weekend changed my life forever. As you all know Minnesota is one of the states that have the Minnesota Same-Sex Marriage Amendment on the ballot. Well I could no longer hide who I am... So I posted my story on my facebook for the world to see and my small town of 350 ppl the very town my mother still lives in. The people have changed my life for ever!

Here is my story............

I was a little girl just like you. I was your friend growing up.
I was your babysitter, your teammate, your student, and your classmate. You voted me Spring Fest Queen in high school and Athlete of the Year. I am a daughter, a godchild, a sister and an Aunt. I’m your co-worker. I’m the friend you call when you need help.

Why I’m Voting NO on the Minnesota Same-Sex Marriage Amendment, Amendment 1

I lived in fear my entire life and today I will no longer live in fear for who I am. I was in so much fear I wasn’t able to tell my own mother my truth, the truth of who I am. I lived in fear of losing my friends. In fear of being bullied and in fear of being laughed at or not being able to play sports because of who I am. My biggest fear of all was for my mother her living in a small town and of how small towns always have a few that “whisper.” I’m sure there will be a few after hearing or reading this.

I thought I was protecting her and my family when in fact I was only hurting myself. Although I protected her and my family the only way I knew how, HIDE. I hid who I really was. I am now ashamed for hiding my truth from my mother whom I love so very much, the very person that brought life to me 47 years ago and took me 46 years to tell. I was afraid to share what I’ve been through and go through daily because of who I am. She said, “she loves me no matter what.”

I am not going to hide anymore. I am gay. I am no different than the person sitting next to you. The same person you grew up with, the same person you worked beside, the same person that babysat your children. I’m the same person that laughed with you at the bar or played ball with and currently in the state of Minnesota, the state I have called home my entire life, the state that I love, it is illegal for me to marry the one I love.

Amendment 1 does not legalize gay marriage, but it keeps discrimination out of Minnesota’s constitution.

Let me ask you. How do you love your mother? How do you love your sister, your best friend? How do you love your spouse? Please tell me, why is my love any different than yours? I was good enough back in high school to be Athlete of the year and Spring Fest Queen but not good enough to have the same rights you have.

I hope that by talking about this it may change some peoples thinking.. So when you go to check that box ….. I beg you to Vote NO on Amendment 1! Amendment 1 changes the Minnesota constitution to define marriage as being between a man and a woman and takes us farther away from equality; to me it is out right discrimination.

Please do not allow them to put discrimination in our constitution it only hurts me, millions of others, and generations to come.

LOVE is LOVE and is bigger than any government! VOTE NO!!

My little town and surrounding area's have been so supportive. My mom has gotten phone calls of people crying and saying they are so sorry they didn't support me more growing up. It's been a beautiful experience I can't even explain it.
Strappie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Strappie For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2012, 08:16 PM   #11610
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

Thanked 4,241 Times in 1,845 Posts
morningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJFemmie View Post
Finally getting our power back on after six days of darkness.

I smiled, woohooed, jumped up and down for joy and cried a little.
glad your ok over there... NJFemme..

life is to short to wake up in the morning with regrets
so love the people who treat you right,
forget about the ones who dont,
and believe that everything happens for a reason.
If you get a chance take it... if it changes your life let it.
morningstar55 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to morningstar55 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2012, 08:17 PM   #11611
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,958 Times in 13,923 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

WOW!!!!!!!!! STRAPPIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i hope your voice and words will be heard!
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2012, 08:41 PM   #11612
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,181 Times in 3,024 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

I was working a phone bank at Obama Headquarters today, rallying the final 48 hours before election day.
Scanning who was there with me when I first got settled in, about 40 of us on a Sunday afternoon. 38 women. Two of whom must have been nearing or over 90 years old. Using cell phones and laptops to call people and remind them to vote. Big smile and heart about to burst with love for them.
I wish I could have talked to them and learned more of their story, but they made me smile just the same.

One woman I called (we were calling Ohio) spent 15 minutes telling me all of the places she has seen support for Obama there in Ohio, including Stevie Wonder being there playing music at one of the early vote sites.

Best call was with an 87 year old woman who told me she never votes early because election day, and her ability to vote, is sacred, and she and her husband walk to the polls together every year.

There were women who told me they weren't going to vote, but I'm not going to talk about them here. Humph.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2012, 07:54 PM   #11613
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,378 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I just watched this little documentary. It's on Netflix and Amazon.

It made me smile today.

Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2012, 01:31 AM   #11614
bright_arrow
☆ the stars are aligned ☆

How Do You Identify?:
strong, independent, badass redhead
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl, buttercup, sugah
Relationship Status:
married to my Boo Daddy <3

Thanked 9,359 Times in 2,295 Posts
bright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

A text from a friend, on the topic of kids, saying I'd make a good mother
bright_arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to bright_arrow For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2012, 03:00 AM   #11615
falloutmk

How Do You Identify?:
Femme Queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ze, Zir, or She, her, ect if needed.
Relationship Status:
Single, Poly, and happy.

falloutmk Has the BEST Reputationfalloutmk Has the BEST Reputationfalloutmk Has the BEST Reputationfalloutmk Has the BEST Reputationfalloutmk Has the BEST Reputationfalloutmk Has the BEST Reputationfalloutmk Has the BEST Reputationfalloutmk Has the BEST Reputationfalloutmk Has the BEST Reputationfalloutmk Has the BEST Reputationfalloutmk Has the BEST Reputation

I am thankful for being in an area with lots of good Kink Classes and play parties. Went to an all women's event the other day and there was a good attendance of women who love women and other girl allies there

falloutmk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to falloutmk For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2012, 08:37 AM   #11616
StrongButch

How Do You Identify?:
I see the world thru a lens
Preferred Pronoun?:
Yes Boss
Relationship Status:
Chillin out with awesome women

Thanked 4,184 Times in 1,179 Posts
StrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST Reputation
Default Smile

Thinking about my girl and how f****ng wonderful she is. I cannot express this enough I am very lucky to have you by my side.
Old 11-06-2012, 08:50 AM   #11617
VintageFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 7,640 Times in 1,657 Posts
VintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Being OFF! I'm tired, re-tired and I'm tired.
Sleeping in, waking up on MY time to the sun filling my bedroom, warm cozy under the blankets & comforter w/ a cold face. I LOVE that!

Aaaaaand that it's finally election day. On my way to vote in just a few!

But first, one more cuppa tea aka a smile in a cup.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:41 AM   #11618
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,621 Times in 10,236 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation
Wink

made me smile..

Seeing the two little kids at the elementary school, showing me the way to the library to vote. I wanted to take them home with me.

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2012, 10:43 AM   #11619
SelfMadeMan

How Do You Identify?:
Transsexual Man
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Married to The Woman of My Dreams <3

Thanked 2,669 Times in 527 Posts
SelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST Reputation

Taking someone to vote who wouldn't have voted (for Obama) otherwise
SelfMadeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SelfMadeMan For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2012, 06:56 PM   #11620
LoyalWolfsBlade

How Do You Identify?:
Pre-Op FtM,
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine ones plz
Relationship Status:
Single but haven't given up on finding the One

Thanked 9,646 Times in 3,123 Posts
LoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST Reputation

Receiving a thank you text from a friend out of the blue tonight.
The Following User Says Thank You to LoyalWolfsBlade For This Useful Post:

Tags
happy, joy, smile