Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 06-15-2013, 08:58 PM   #241
Allison W

How Do You Identify?:
TG Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Loner

Thanked 1,198 Times in 320 Posts
Allison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST Reputation

So uh did everyone hear that there's going to be a new Cosmos series next year, presented by Neil DeGrasse Tyson and made by a team including Ann Druyan (Carl Sagan's widow) and Seth MacFarlane? I don't immediately recall if I or someone else already mentioned it here.

Also, no comments on Undertale? Really? I know games can be intimidating to non-gamers, but it's a free (the STORE link is presently for the soundtrack), roughly half-hour demo (though one with multiple endings that reward playing it more than once) that has both an instruction booklet (with pictures!) and a particularly gentle learning curve, will run even on old and low-end Windows PCs, and is already swimming in rave reviews after just a few weeks. Also the music is pretty great. And like I say, don't let the initial cutesy, children's-story-like intro mislead you.
Allison W is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Allison W For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2013, 09:04 PM   #242
tomboystud

How Do You Identify?:
trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Happy Daddy

tomboystud Has the BEST Reputationtomboystud Has the BEST Reputationtomboystud Has the BEST Reputationtomboystud Has the BEST Reputationtomboystud Has the BEST Reputationtomboystud Has the BEST Reputationtomboystud Has the BEST Reputationtomboystud Has the BEST Reputationtomboystud Has the BEST Reputationtomboystud Has the BEST Reputationtomboystud Has the BEST Reputation

Did anyone pick up The Last of Us? So far it is simply amazing!!!!
tomboystud is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tomboystud For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2013, 10:21 PM   #243
Allison W

How Do You Identify?:
TG Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Loner

Allison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomboystud View Post
Did anyone pick up The Last of Us? So far it is simply amazing!!!!
I haven't yet. Tell me about it? (I am, admittedly, wondering if the female character depicted alongside the male character in the advertisements is playable or just an NPC co-star. This has been known to affect my purchasing decisions.)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Allison W For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2013, 02:28 AM   #244
Bad_boi

How Do You Identify?:
Transman (male)
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His ect.
Relationship Status:
Handsome bastard.

Tournaments Won: 1

Thanked 1,824 Times in 499 Posts
Bad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST Reputation

If I have some extra cash this week I am going to go to go to a magic booster draft. I should bring my trade binder along I have a lot of things to get rid of.
Bad_boi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bad_boi For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2013, 02:42 AM   #245
thedivahrrrself

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Sapiosexual Femme
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Grumpy Cat

1 Highscore
Tournaments Won: 4

Thanked 11,662 Times in 2,292 Posts
thedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I propose that any Geeks going to the reunion should put together a trivia night or some other fun Geeky event! Are any of you going?
thedivahrrrself is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thedivahrrrself For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2013, 02:44 AM   #246
thedivahrrrself

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Sapiosexual Femme
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Grumpy Cat

1 Highscore

thedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I'm ridiculously obsessed with NDT. I can't wait for this show!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allison W View Post
So uh did everyone hear that there's going to be a new Cosmos series next year, presented by Neil DeGrasse Tyson and made by a team including Ann Druyan (Carl Sagan's widow) and Seth MacFarlane? I don't immediately recall if I or someone else already mentioned it here.

Also, no comments on Undertale? Really? I know games can be intimidating to non-gamers, but it's a free (the STORE link is presently for the soundtrack), roughly half-hour demo (though one with multiple endings that reward playing it more than once) that has both an instruction booklet (with pictures!) and a particularly gentle learning curve, will run even on old and low-end Windows PCs, and is already swimming in rave reviews after just a few weeks. Also the music is pretty great. And like I say, don't let the initial cutesy, children's-story-like intro mislead you.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to thedivahrrrself For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2013, 03:19 AM   #247
Allison W

How Do You Identify?:
TG Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Loner

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedivahrrrself View Post
I propose that any Geeks going to the reunion should put together a trivia night or some other fun Geeky event! Are any of you going?
Not I. That would involve "socializing." (Also travel. Travel is expensive.)
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Allison W For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2013, 07:23 AM   #248
tomboystud

How Do You Identify?:
trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Happy Daddy

tomboystud Has the BEST Reputationtomboystud Has the BEST Reputationtomboystud Has the BEST Reputationtomboystud Has the BEST Reputationtomboystud Has the BEST Reputationtomboystud Has the BEST Reputationtomboystud Has the BEST Reputationtomboystud Has the BEST Reputationtomboystud Has the BEST Reputationtomboystud Has the BEST Reputationtomboystud Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I haven't yet. Tell me about it? (I am, admittedly, wondering if the female character depicted alongside the male character in the advertisements is playable or just an NPC co-star. This has been known to affect my purchasing decisions.)
So far I have played a girl in the beginning they don't show and him. I will let you if you get to play her later. It is very cool. I haven't played much yet but I am hoping to play more today.
The Following User Says Thank You to tomboystud For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2013, 07:24 AM   #249
tomboystud

How Do You Identify?:
trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Happy Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_boi View Post
If I have some extra cash this week I am going to go to go to a magic booster draft. I should bring my trade binder along I have a lot of things to get rid of.
I just built a new deck for myself. I am still tweaking it and figuring out what I want to do and how it is going to work.
Old 06-16-2013, 08:56 AM   #250
UofMfan
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
A very happy Mr. Grumpy Cat

Thanked 18,942 Times in 4,709 Posts
UofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST Reputation
Default A good way to start your Sunday Geek.

UofMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to UofMfan For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2013, 06:25 PM   #251
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 26,373 Times in 5,877 Posts
Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

Hollylane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2013, 08:44 PM   #252
Bad_boi

How Do You Identify?:
Transman (male)
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His ect.
Relationship Status:
Handsome bastard.

Bad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I just built a new deck for myself. I am still tweaking it and figuring out what I want to do and how it is going to work.
If only we could play online for free.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bad_boi For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2013, 11:28 AM   #253
tomboystud

How Do You Identify?:
trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Happy Daddy

Quote:
If only we could play online for free.
I agree......pretty soon m14 will be out and I am not excited for m13 to be leaving me.......I am going to miss Thragtusk.
Old 06-17-2013, 04:23 PM   #254
Bad_boi

How Do You Identify?:
Transman (male)
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His ect.
Relationship Status:
Handsome bastard.

Quote:
I agree......pretty soon m14 will be out and I am not excited for m13 to be leaving me.......I am going to miss Thragtusk.
Are you a tourney player?
The Following User Says Thank You to Bad_boi For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2013, 06:31 PM   #255
MsBluem

How Do You Identify?:
Queer femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine ones are fine
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 1,845 Times in 372 Posts
MsBluem Has the BEST ReputationMsBluem Has the BEST ReputationMsBluem Has the BEST ReputationMsBluem Has the BEST ReputationMsBluem Has the BEST ReputationMsBluem Has the BEST ReputationMsBluem Has the BEST ReputationMsBluem Has the BEST ReputationMsBluem Has the BEST ReputationMsBluem Has the BEST ReputationMsBluem Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

I found out about Neil doing the Cosmos reboot through his Star Talk podcast and was instantly excited. He is the only person I feel comfortable with being the project's "face." I hope it's as awesome as I think it will be.

In other news...

I'm killing time at work and can't really skim the entire thread, show of hands for Whovians?
MsBluem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MsBluem For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2013, 06:51 PM   #256
tomboystud

How Do You Identify?:
trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Happy Daddy

Quote:
Are you a tourney player?
I sometimes play in tournaments. I usually play Friday night.
Old 06-18-2013, 06:55 PM   #257
thedivahrrrself

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Sapiosexual Femme
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Grumpy Cat

1 Highscore

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsBluem View Post
I found out about Neil doing the Cosmos reboot through his Star Talk podcast and was instantly excited. He is the only person I feel comfortable with being the project's "face." I hope it's as awesome as I think it will be.

In other news...

I'm killing time at work and can't really skim the entire thread, show of hands for Whovians?

Who!!!

I ♥ Daleks
The Following User Says Thank You to thedivahrrrself For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2013, 05:02 AM   #258
tomboystud

How Do You Identify?:
trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Happy Daddy

Anyone seen Man of Steel yet? I have already seen it twice. There are a few Easter Eggs in it and I have found two. I am also currently rewatching Game of Thrones. The PS4 and XboxOne have been priced what are everyone's thought on that? I am definitely getting a PS4. Xbox not supporting used games is going to hurt them.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tomboystud For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2013, 06:49 AM   #259
NerdieGirl
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Banned 6/24/13 -Previously banned user "kaTE09" back under new name.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
No thank you.

NerdieGirl Has the BEST ReputationNerdieGirl Has the BEST ReputationNerdieGirl Has the BEST ReputationNerdieGirl Has the BEST ReputationNerdieGirl Has the BEST ReputationNerdieGirl Has the BEST ReputationNerdieGirl Has the BEST ReputationNerdieGirl Has the BEST ReputationNerdieGirl Has the BEST ReputationNerdieGirl Has the BEST ReputationNerdieGirl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Anyone seen Man of Steel yet? I have already seen it twice. There are a few Easter Eggs in it and I have found two. I am also currently rewatching Game of Thrones. The PS4 and XboxOne have been priced what are everyone's thought on that? I am definitely getting a PS4. Xbox not supporting used games is going to hurt them.

I have no desire to see Man of Steel, but I too am rewatching GoT. I just finished the last available book, also. I really enjoy this series!

Mock all you want, I am SUPER excited for the next Hunger Games movie to come out later this year!
NerdieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NerdieGirl For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2013, 09:01 AM   #260
thedivahrrrself

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Sapiosexual Femme
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Grumpy Cat

1 Highscore

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
I heard someone say Man of Steel was just OK

I'm fine with my current gaming system, I think. I mainly use it for parties.

I have to be careful with games, because I get too into them and end up wasting a lot of time! And my time is very valuable these days
The Following User Says Thank You to thedivahrrrself For This Useful Post:

Tags
geek, geeky, nerd, nerdy, random