Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > THE BUTCHFEMMEPLANET PLANET > United States Forums > Pennsylvania Forums

Old 02-11-2013, 08:42 AM   #1
ScandalAndy

How Do You Identify?:
human femme spitfire
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
it's official!

Thanked 3,220 Times in 753 Posts
ScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST Reputation
Default Philadelphia Area Burlesque Happenings!

Hey all! So, in my spare time I perform with a local drag & burlesque troupe and thought it might be fun to put up the info for our shows in case anybody is around and is looking for something to do. I know there are a few troupes in the Philly area, if anyone else hears of other shows, it might be fun to post them here. Kind of a "drag and burlesque exchange students" thing!

For the facebookers:

This Friday is a Valentine's Day Dance at the Mt Airy Art Garage. Here's the link to the event:

MAAG Valentine's Day Dance Party

Our monthly drag/burlesque show in March is going to be CRAZY! We're doing a murdery mystery drama! Want to know which queen will make it? Who will wear the wig? How many pasties and mustaches you can fit into one show? This is the place to find out!

Murder Ze Wrote - Liberty City Kings Queer & Kinky Cabaret

There's a website too, but the new flyer info hasn't gone up yet.

http://libertycitykings.com/

Looking forward to hearing about everything else that's going on out there in drag and burlesque land!
Old 02-11-2013, 07:22 PM   #2
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Wish y'all were closer; I love burlesque shows!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:11 PM   #3
ScandalAndy

How Do You Identify?:
human femme spitfire
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
it's official!

ScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Wish y'all were closer; I love burlesque shows!

If you happen to take a trip this way, I will absolutely put you on the guest list.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:15 PM   #4
Dance-with-me

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

Thanked 1,926 Times in 378 Posts
Dance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST Reputation

I've had y'all on my FB for a while but didn't know there was a BFP connection - one more reason to take a road trip to Philly!
Old 02-11-2013, 10:27 PM   #5
ScandalAndy

How Do You Identify?:
human femme spitfire
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
it's official!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dance-with-me View Post
I've had y'all on my FB for a while but didn't know there was a BFP connection - one more reason to take a road trip to Philly!
holy cow, that's AWESOME!!! We would love to have you at a show!
Old 02-25-2013, 02:12 PM   #6
ScandalAndy

How Do You Identify?:
human femme spitfire
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
it's official!

Did anyone else check out the Winter Brrrrrlesque show at Sisters on Friday night? Holy toledo, there were some fantastic performance, and even a Dr. Who number!!!!

I'm also proud to say that two of my glitter family members will be representing our troupe at FIERCE! international queer burlesque festival in May. FIERCE QUEER BURLESQUE So excited for them!!

There was also a queer prom in west philly that had burlesque performances! It seems like you can't turn around in this city without an amazing show happening!
Old 02-25-2013, 05:50 PM   #7
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,310 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

Maybe you'll perform in NYC some time!
Old 02-25-2013, 10:10 PM   #8
ScandalAndy

How Do You Identify?:
human femme spitfire
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
it's official!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandScout View Post
Maybe you'll perform in NYC some time!
OMG i would LOVE to!!! The NYC crowd is still a bit too tough for me, but I will get there eventually. you will be the first person I tell when anyone in the troupe has a show there.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:04 AM   #9
ScandalAndy

How Do You Identify?:
human femme spitfire
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
it's official!

There's an incredible show in Philly called The Peekaboo Revue, featuring some fantastic burlesque performers. One of the current troupe members (since 2006!) is offering beginner burlesque classes starting in March. I signed up for three weeks' worth already and then I thought "well what if there are others who want to try this out and see what it's all about?!?" So of course the first place I thought of was the BFP fam!

Peekaboo Revue Beginner Burlesque Classes
Old 02-27-2013, 09:52 PM   #10
Dance-with-me

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

Thanked 1,926 Times in 378 Posts
Dance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScandalAndy View Post
holy cow, that's AWESOME!!! We would love to have you at a show!
Hmmmm... can't make this weekend's show, but I might be able to go to the one on April 6th. Let me see if I can fish around for any Philly friends to stay with and go with me.
Old 02-28-2013, 07:06 AM   #11
ScandalAndy

How Do You Identify?:
human femme spitfire
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
it's official!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dance-with-me View Post
Hmmmm... can't make this weekend's show, but I might be able to go to the one on April 6th. Let me see if I can fish around for any Philly friends to stay with and go with me.
That would be AMAZING!!! I hope you can make it!
Old 03-25-2013, 08:18 AM   #12
ScandalAndy

How Do You Identify?:
human femme spitfire
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
it's official!

GODS & MONSTERS!!

Liberty City Kings presents: Gods & Monsters, a celebration of divine divas, demons, and demi-gods!

$8 in DRAG or KINK or $10 NOT

Doors @ 8pm (and not before!) *** Show @ 9pm *** Dance Party @ 11:00 *$5 after 11

**COME EARLY IF YOU WANT A GOOD SEAT**
* OR LATE TO WATCH THE LIVE FEED AT THE BAR *

All our tips for this show will be donated to Kate Bornstein's Go Fund Me account... http://www.gofundme.com/2cxb6w
Mxtress of Ceremonies: Our special guest THE GODDESS ISIS
Performances by:
The Goddess Isis, Ms. Philadelphia Gay Pride 2012
&
Liberty City Kings Drag & Burlesque
Fist solo numbers by our newest batch of Fresh Meat!

Philly’s only multi award winning Queer Drag & Burlesque Performance Troupe

Come out, come out wherever you are for a shimmy, shake and sprinkle of glitter from some of Philly’s sexiest queer drag, burlesque and musical artists performing classic cabaret with a kinky twist!

We're now monthly!! Yes, that's right!
Vixens & Vagabonds Queer & Kinky Cabaret - every first Saturday at Tabu!
Next show: 5/4/13

Facebook Event Link
Old 05-03-2013, 01:24 PM   #13
ScandalAndy

How Do You Identify?:
human femme spitfire
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
it's official!

Default Comic Book Show!!!

Tomorrow night is a fantastic comic character themed show at TABU lounge and sportsbar in the gayborhood (at 12th and chancellor)! Doors at 8, show at 9, reduced admission if you come in drag, kink or costume!

Facebook Event - Comic Character Show

During the month of May, The Peekaboo Revue Dance Clinic is offering beginner burlesque classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Special guest Kelli LiMone from Virginia will be offering an advanced dance workshop, and a boa workshop on May 19th.

burlesque dance and boa classes