Old 04-25-2011, 05:16 PM   #181
DamselFly

How Do You Identify?:
QueerStoneFemme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am or Damsel
Relationship Status:
single

DamselFly Has the BEST ReputationDamselFly Has the BEST ReputationDamselFly Has the BEST ReputationDamselFly Has the BEST ReputationDamselFly Has the BEST ReputationDamselFly Has the BEST ReputationDamselFly Has the BEST ReputationDamselFly Has the BEST ReputationDamselFly Has the BEST ReputationDamselFly Has the BEST ReputationDamselFly Has the BEST Reputation
Default butch attire...

i'm not very picky. i love the way a butch looks in jeans and t-shirt, or jeans and a "wife-beater" (at home). i also love the way a butch looks in a suit. i love the way a Syr looks in leather...all good to me! as long as a butch looks butch- and "butch" is an attitude, not a dress code! people dress differently for different things... i expect the clothes to fit the occasion.
namaste,
DamselFly
to make my own contribution
(Buddhist prayer, a favorite of H.H.)

DamselFly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DamselFly For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2011, 10:57 AM   #182
Galahad

How Do You Identify?:
do I have to?
Relationship Status:
single

Galahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST Reputation
Default Fine and Dandy

I have been reading this blog lately. Great inspiration even if there isn't any representation.
http://www.fineanddandyshopblog.com/
Galahad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Galahad For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2011, 11:07 AM   #183
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad View Post
I have been reading this blog lately. Great inspiration even if there isn't any representation.
http://www.fineanddandyshopblog.com/
Thanks for posting, Galahad!

I will say I will never, ever, EVER do the whole dress pants with no socks with dress shoes thing. No matter how many times I see it, it still looks stupid to me!

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2011, 04:19 PM   #184
Merlin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Knight in shining armour.
Relationship Status:
Spoken for

Merlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST Reputation

Jeans,shirt

Baggies,t shirt,baseball caps

Suit,shirt,tie,jacket

But the best thing I wear is my beautiful woman on my arm
Merlin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Merlin For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2011, 09:56 PM   #185
Jomore

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/hy
Relationship Status:
Ridiculous

Jomore Has the BEST ReputationJomore Has the BEST ReputationJomore Has the BEST ReputationJomore Has the BEST ReputationJomore Has the BEST ReputationJomore Has the BEST ReputationJomore Has the BEST ReputationJomore Has the BEST ReputationJomore Has the BEST ReputationJomore Has the BEST ReputationJomore Has the BEST Reputation

I love my new tux and dress shirt, black silk bowtie and patent leather shoes.
Wish I could wear it every day!

Jomore is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jomore For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2011, 07:41 AM   #186
Stud_puppy1991

How Do You Identify?:
butch, gentleman
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy, Hym, "Hey Handsome", and also throwing in a "Sup man" or a "You're sexy" will work
Relationship Status:
Back to Bachelorhood

Stud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST Reputation

Casually for me is simply a t-shirt and jeans day. Typically a day when i don't have work or my classes. but, then again, I usually look this way. On days when I work out, it's usually a t-shirt or undershirt and my exercise shorts. On lazy days. just my shirt and boxers. To work, a blue oxford shirt and pants.
Stud_puppy1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stud_puppy1991 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2011, 08:03 AM   #187
Sweet_Amor_Taino

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Gentleman
Preferred Pronoun?:
he/him
Relationship Status:
Exclusively dating,

Sweet_Amor_Taino Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Amor_Taino Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Amor_Taino Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Amor_Taino Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Amor_Taino Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Amor_Taino Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Amor_Taino Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Amor_Taino Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Amor_Taino Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Amor_Taino Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Amor_Taino Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jomore View Post
I love my new tux and dress shirt, black silk bowtie and patent leather shoes.
Wish I could wear it every day!
I agree 100% !! I own my Tux I wear it for the Theater and dinning, but I also like to wear linen pants and linen shirts the Cubaneras style.They are very comfortable for the hot days in Texas but dressy and classy. I am actually wearing one on my profile pic. Shorts and Jeans are for my casual days only, The beach and running around doing errands .
When we are aware that each moment of each day and each step we take,is truly mystical and full of wonder,we will live our lives with greater thought and care, we will also respect and appreciate This moment.
Sweet_Amor_Taino is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sweet_Amor_Taino For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2011, 12:55 PM   #188
Stud_puppy1991

How Do You Identify?:
butch, gentleman
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy, Hym, "Hey Handsome", and also throwing in a "Sup man" or a "You're sexy" will work
Relationship Status:
Back to Bachelorhood

Stud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet_Amor_Taino View Post
I agree 100% !! I own my Tux I wear it for the Theater and dinning, but I also like to wear linen pants and linen shirts the Cubaneras style.They are very comfortable for the hot days in Texas but dressy and classy. I am actually wearing one on my profile pic. Shorts and Jeans are for my casual days only, The beach and running around doing errands .
Oh, i almost forgot about my suits I wear when i go out nice, or my dress shirts on semi-formal dates. I don't like shorts so much though.
Stud_puppy1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Stud_puppy1991 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2011, 07:57 PM   #189
foreverNBluJeans

How Do You Identify?:
Soft Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
we
Relationship Status:
single

foreverNBluJeans Has the BEST ReputationforeverNBluJeans Has the BEST ReputationforeverNBluJeans Has the BEST ReputationforeverNBluJeans Has the BEST ReputationforeverNBluJeans Has the BEST ReputationforeverNBluJeans Has the BEST ReputationforeverNBluJeans Has the BEST ReputationforeverNBluJeans Has the BEST ReputationforeverNBluJeans Has the BEST ReputationforeverNBluJeans Has the BEST ReputationforeverNBluJeans Has the BEST Reputation

oh ya... thus my handle "foreverNBluJeans" ! God bless the 501's . I've had to break in several workplaces... but they've eventually all complied ! :-)
foreverNBluJeans is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to foreverNBluJeans For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2011, 12:45 AM   #190
Steph

How Do You Identify?:
Soft Butch
Relationship Status:
Single

Steph is on a distinguished road

Jeans and t-shirts for me and I also like wearing baseball caps too.
Steph is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Steph For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2011, 01:05 AM   #191
chefhottie25

How Do You Identify?:
boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
hy
Relationship Status:
happily taken

chefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputation

i got some great new shirts this week. a few button downs from express for men(my girl said i look handsome in them) and some great new graphic t-shirts from american eagle. as far as the sleeveless shirts go...i usually cut the sleeves off of some of my older t-shirts.
chefhottie25 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to chefhottie25 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2011, 07:33 AM   #192
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Time to shop for some new casual clothes! I need new shorts, especially. I miss the days of shorter shorts and more "form" fitting. But, I' have to see what I can come up with.
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 07:45 AM   #193
luv2luvgirls
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Asshole

Thanked 5,470 Times in 1,827 Posts
luv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputation

I shop in the mens dept, all I wear are cargo shorts,Camo shorts,board shorts,jean shorts...or jeans when its cold
t shirts a must. tho when its called for I can get my swagg on
luv2luvgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to luv2luvgirls For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2011, 10:19 AM   #194
Chazz

How Do You Identify?:
cisBUTCH
Preferred Pronoun?:
hey
Relationship Status:
Single - gave up the farce

Chazz Has the BEST ReputationChazz Has the BEST ReputationChazz Has the BEST ReputationChazz Has the BEST ReputationChazz Has the BEST ReputationChazz Has the BEST ReputationChazz Has the BEST ReputationChazz Has the BEST ReputationChazz Has the BEST ReputationChazz Has the BEST ReputationChazz Has the BEST Reputation

This is so hard to answer, it really depends....

Depending on the weather:

skinny jeans (black, gray or denim)
banded collar, button shirts
Henleys
black leather jacket (I have 4)
Harley or garrisons boots
denim jackets w/cowboy boots (black or brown)
high top sneaks or not
cargo pants
American Rag (brand) shirts
board or cargo shorts (11" inseams or more)
polos
Porkpie/Stingy fedora or newsboy caps

Work clothes are a little more spiff.
Chazz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chazz For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2011, 01:24 PM   #195
intrigue_in916

How Do You Identify?:
Feminine Lesbian Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
just dont refer to me as a 'YOU PEOPLE' or say'HEY YOU' to me
Relationship Status:
single

intrigue_in916 Has the BEST Reputationintrigue_in916 Has the BEST Reputationintrigue_in916 Has the BEST Reputationintrigue_in916 Has the BEST Reputationintrigue_in916 Has the BEST Reputationintrigue_in916 Has the BEST Reputationintrigue_in916 Has the BEST Reputationintrigue_in916 Has the BEST Reputationintrigue_in916 Has the BEST Reputationintrigue_in916 Has the BEST Reputationintrigue_in916 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by key View Post
I like to call my style of dress more faggy than manly, if that makes sense without being offensive. Though it is mostly jeans, pull over shirts, and jackets - love me my jackets (I have more jackets than pants).

BUT!

There is a big fancy butch/femme dance coming up here in the bay area and I would love to find something to wear. Due to my (ugh!) hour glass figure I have to either wear pants that are three sizes too big or (gasp, cough, sputter) pleated! What is a boyish girl to do? I love to dance - a lot - so I need something comfortable and not tight (can not stand the feeling of tightness on my already too big (for me, again ugh!) thighs.

Don't get me wrong, I love hour glass figures on others.....you all understand right?

Any tips for me?
If you have the means , maybe you might have your fancy duds taylored, OR buy something you really like,and have it altered

Intriguinglyours
intrigue_in916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 12:59 PM   #196
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by intrigue_in916 View Post
If you have the means , maybe you might have your fancy duds taylored, OR buy something you really like,and have it altered
Oh yeah- find a good taylor for the good stuff! Makes all the difference. I keep in mind when shopping that my actual cost includes tayloring when I am buying formal or semi-formal wear. Actually, I did the same in my het days for all women's wear and still have anything I buy with this in mind. I have some really great clothing from the women's department. Some items just fit better. And then there are certain men's brands that fit better than others, especially in pants/trousers. Honestly, I shop and buy brands/designer with the good stuff- men's or women's. Some cuts just work better for me.

Going to look for the kind of shorter shorts that just look better on me in the women's department. No, I am not one that cares about who looks at which side my zipper or buttons are on. I do care about my clothes fitting well and looking nice, or "put together well" for my body and all of its flaws as I see them. Well... except when home and working on projects. Then it is throw on the old stuff with paint splatter!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2011, 07:07 AM   #197
Star Anise

How Do You Identify?:
Femme in boots.
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Free range femme.

Star Anise Has the BEST ReputationStar Anise Has the BEST ReputationStar Anise Has the BEST ReputationStar Anise Has the BEST ReputationStar Anise Has the BEST ReputationStar Anise Has the BEST ReputationStar Anise Has the BEST ReputationStar Anise Has the BEST ReputationStar Anise Has the BEST ReputationStar Anise Has the BEST ReputationStar Anise Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up Pictures please?

This has been a really interesting thread, and if any butches out there...you know...Felt the need to post some "fashion" pictures...I think that would totally be okay...Just sayin'.
Old 07-02-2011, 02:52 PM   #198
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Anise View Post
This has been a really interesting thread, and if any butches out there...you know...Felt the need to post some "fashion" pictures...I think that would totally be okay...Just sayin'.
Hey, attend the Planet ReUnion- bet you would see many butch fashion statements! And the formal dances bring out some fantastic femme styles, too!
Old 07-02-2011, 04:05 PM   #199
Wryly

How Do You Identify?:
bemused butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
polite ones, please
Relationship Status:
single butch

Thanked 1,568 Times in 620 Posts
Wryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST Reputation

Walking around the Village after the Dyke March today and I saw a booth for Butch Clothing Company.
Not much a selection there but the website looks like fun - - more casual stuff.
Wryly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wryly For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2011, 12:04 PM   #200
The cute widdle wesbian

How Do You Identify?:
A very pretty butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
Taken

The cute widdle wesbian Has the BEST ReputationThe cute widdle wesbian Has the BEST ReputationThe cute widdle wesbian Has the BEST ReputationThe cute widdle wesbian Has the BEST ReputationThe cute widdle wesbian Has the BEST ReputationThe cute widdle wesbian Has the BEST ReputationThe cute widdle wesbian Has the BEST ReputationThe cute widdle wesbian Has the BEST ReputationThe cute widdle wesbian Has the BEST ReputationThe cute widdle wesbian Has the BEST ReputationThe cute widdle wesbian Has the BEST Reputation

I'm a casual dresser, I like jeans, not the skintight types but not baggy either, and T-shirts or button-down shirts that cling to me. When it's hot out though I wear shirts that have short sleeves and a little tight on my waist, and jeanshorts. I wear tennies or boots with ranglars and levis, I really like the cowgirl style: wide-brimmed cowboy hats and sharp-toed snake skin boots with spurs and all the deal, but I generally only dress that way for special occasions or when I'm going riding.

I've always got a hat on though, around the house it'll be caps that I can wear around without them getting in my way. Idk why I don't feel like myself without a hat on. At work it's different since I usually have to dress very professional, but I never dress manly or particularly feminine.
The cute widdle wesbian is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The cute widdle wesbian For This Useful Post: