Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 05-22-2011, 01:41 PM   #1
Stud_puppy1991

How Do You Identify?:
butch, gentleman
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy, Hym, "Hey Handsome", and also throwing in a "Sup man" or a "You're sexy" will work
Relationship Status:
Back to Bachelorhood

Stud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST Reputation
Cool Archery? Fencing? Anyone?

I was just wondering if anyone here besides me does archery or sword fighting. I've been doing both for 8 years and I love it.
Stud_puppy1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stud_puppy1991 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2011, 01:43 PM   #2
dixie
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
I usually just poke it with a stick.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Bitch
Relationship Status:
Intertwined deeply

Thanked 21,385 Times in 4,808 Posts
dixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputation

Tournament archery with a compound bow, set between 60-80lb pull, preferably Hoyt or ProLine.
dixie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dixie For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2011, 01:48 PM   #3
wolfbittenpoet

How Do You Identify?:
Typewriter Boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 1,578 Times in 402 Posts
wolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputation

I do archery mostly target shooting. I have done a good deal of bow hunting. I haven't done fencing but I enjoy watching it.
Old 05-22-2011, 01:59 PM   #4
Stud_puppy1991

How Do You Identify?:
butch, gentleman
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy, Hym, "Hey Handsome", and also throwing in a "Sup man" or a "You're sexy" will work
Relationship Status:
Back to Bachelorhood

Stud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfbittenpoet View Post
I do archery mostly target shooting. I have done a good deal of bow hunting. I haven't done fencing but I enjoy watching it.
Bow Hunting is awesome. i've done that too. Too bad you haven't done fencing...it's a blast. Target shooting is cool too.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stud_puppy1991 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2011, 03:05 PM   #5
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

I fenced in college...oh, about 30 years ago...loved it though.

My son is going into high school in the fall and was bummed that, with all of the many sports they offer, fencing isn't one of them.
Old 05-22-2011, 03:35 PM   #6
lipstixgal

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
coupled

Thanked 1,690 Times in 1,064 Posts
lipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputation

They had fencing when I was in college and took it and really liked it!! Would like to do it again..
Old 05-22-2011, 03:51 PM   #7
EnderD_503

How Do You Identify?:
Queer, trans guy, butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Relationship

Thanked 3,907 Times in 1,032 Posts
EnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST Reputation

No fencing (my mum's a competitive fencer, though), but did longsword and arming sword for 5-6 years. Used to do English longbow as well with the same martial arts group, but that was short lived. Nowhere near as fun as longsword or grappling.
EnderD_503 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EnderD_503 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2011, 08:09 PM   #8
Stud_puppy1991

How Do You Identify?:
butch, gentleman
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Back to Bachelorhood

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnderD_503 View Post
No fencing (my mum's a competitive fencer, though), but did longsword and arming sword for 5-6 years. Used to do English longbow as well with the same martial arts group, but that was short lived. Nowhere near as fun as longsword or grappling.
Woah. I'm loving this. You sound so awesome. I love a fellow swordsman.
The Following User Says Thank You to Stud_puppy1991 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2011, 08:51 PM   #9
Camo Eagle

How Do You Identify?:
FTM in these communities. Male in everyday & public life.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Camo Eagle Has the BEST ReputationCamo Eagle Has the BEST ReputationCamo Eagle Has the BEST ReputationCamo Eagle Has the BEST ReputationCamo Eagle Has the BEST ReputationCamo Eagle Has the BEST ReputationCamo Eagle Has the BEST ReputationCamo Eagle Has the BEST ReputationCamo Eagle Has the BEST ReputationCamo Eagle Has the BEST ReputationCamo Eagle Has the BEST Reputation

I did tourney compound bow back in the 80s. 125lb pull. Now the poor thing is out in the garage collecting dust. Its one of those things I just cant get rid of, bc I keep chanting that "I just know I'll get back into it one day" mantra. LOL

OMG, I love swords.
Competition in the 90s using Shaolin broadswords, Northern Long sword, Sai, Tiger Fork, Kwan Dao, Staff and Spears.
Also have done some Non Comp Japanese sword, and I love sword fighting w. renn type blades. Im just now starting to learn Bodhidharma Cane.

Our local community college offers Fencing. I have always wanted to take the class, but it never jives with my crazy work schedule.
Camo Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Camo Eagle For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2011, 08:54 PM   #10
Stud_puppy1991

How Do You Identify?:
butch, gentleman
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Back to Bachelorhood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camo Eagle View Post
I did tourney compound bow back in the 80s. 125lb pull. Now the poor thing is out in the garage collecting dust. Its one of those things I just cant get rid of, bc I keep chanting that "I just know I'll get back into it one day" mantra. LOL

OMG, I love swords.
Competition in the 90s using Shaolin broadswords, Northern Long sword, Sai, Tiger Fork, Kwan Dao, Staff and Spears.
Also have done some Non Comp Japanese sword, and I love sword fighting w. renn type blades. Im just now starting to learn Bodhidharma Cane.

Our local community college offers Fencing. I have always wanted to take the class, but it never jives with my crazy work schedule.
I love swords. my favorites are the ones of my dad's. I like compound bows, but I really love crossbow. Oh, and can i just say...you are impressing me.
Old 05-23-2011, 02:58 AM   #11
Camo Eagle

How Do You Identify?:
FTM in these communities. Male in everyday & public life.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Camo Eagle Has the BEST ReputationCamo Eagle Has the BEST ReputationCamo Eagle Has the BEST ReputationCamo Eagle Has the BEST ReputationCamo Eagle Has the BEST ReputationCamo Eagle Has the BEST ReputationCamo Eagle Has the BEST ReputationCamo Eagle Has the BEST ReputationCamo Eagle Has the BEST ReputationCamo Eagle Has the BEST ReputationCamo Eagle Has the BEST Reputation

I forgot all about crossbows. I love those, but I dont own one.
As for Archery, I dont ever see myself competing in it again, but maybe a lil backyard practice. Just dont have the interest I had back in the day.

LOL I feel anything but "impressive". More like a "has been", but at least I can say, "Ive been there, done that, got the hardware to prove it".

I do keep mulling over the poss of MA comp again. But now that Im transitioning and passing 100% as male, I dont see how I could. Im afraid if I show up as male now, all my past wins may get challenged. I used to blow my comp away as female, so it may be brought up.

I was the State AAU Champ for 2 yrs.
AOK Circuit State Champ 2 yrs.
AOK National Champ 1 yr.
And 1st in many divisions in diff state circuits.
Im well known, so couldnt hide. LOL My post trans name will be same as comp name, just a minor spelling change.

I also cant see myself at this age (48), and health level ever being able to compete at the even higher level.
I used to work a 12 hr shift. 1-2 hrs wgt train 5-6 days a wk. 2-4 hrs a day 6 days a wk., MA train. Then to top it off I road my bike to wk & gym about 16 miles a day. All this was pre heart surg & cancer. I retired because of the start of the heart probs.
After it got fixed, other things came up, and I never got back into it.
Now I just do Yoga, and a few MA workouts once in awhile.
Camo Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Camo Eagle For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2011, 09:47 AM   #12
Stud_puppy1991

How Do You Identify?:
butch, gentleman
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Back to Bachelorhood

Quote:
I forgot all about crossbows. I love those, but I dont own one.
As for Archery, I dont ever see myself competing in it again, but maybe a lil backyard practice. Just dont have the interest I had back in the day.

LOL I feel anything but "impressive". More like a "has been", but at least I can say, "Ive been there, done that, got the hardware to prove it".

I do keep mulling over the poss of MA comp again. But now that Im transitioning and passing 100% as male, I dont see how I could. Im afraid if I show up as male now, all my past wins may get challenged. I used to blow my comp away as female, so it may be brought up.

I was the State AAU Champ for 2 yrs.
AOK Circuit State Champ 2 yrs.
AOK National Champ 1 yr.
And 1st in many divisions in diff state circuits.
Im well known, so couldnt hide. LOL My post trans name will be same as comp name, just a minor spelling change.

I also cant see myself at this age (48), and health level ever being able to compete at the even higher level.
I used to work a 12 hr shift. 1-2 hrs wgt train 5-6 days a wk. 2-4 hrs a day 6 days a wk., MA train. Then to top it off I road my bike to wk & gym about 16 miles a day. All this was pre heart surg & cancer. I retired because of the start of the heart probs.
After it got fixed, other things came up, and I never got back into it.
Now I just do Yoga, and a few MA workouts once in awhile.
Not Impressive?? Are you joking me?? Dude, that is amazing. You may think i'm exaggerating and i'm saying it because i'm young and such, but you are. So what if you consider yourself to be a "has been" with it. To me, even at your age, you are impressive. Oh, and I own 23 crossbows.
Old 05-24-2011, 12:48 AM   #13
CherryFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
On good days, in love. On bad days--well, there are no bad days with hym...

CherryFemme Has the BEST ReputationCherryFemme Has the BEST ReputationCherryFemme Has the BEST ReputationCherryFemme Has the BEST ReputationCherryFemme Has the BEST ReputationCherryFemme Has the BEST ReputationCherryFemme Has the BEST ReputationCherryFemme Has the BEST ReputationCherryFemme Has the BEST ReputationCherryFemme Has the BEST ReputationCherryFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Wink Another Vote for Fencing

I am another one who fenced when I was in college and loved it / miss it.

I got pretty good-- since I started when I was a freshman and it took over 7 years to finish off the degree. <grin> I should have spent more time hitting the books rather than practicing with a dowl in my local park. Oh yeah-- I was one of those. "

The truth is, I grew up trying to be Jean Luc Picard and since he fenced-- I HAD TO FENCE! I would have tried to be James T. Kirk, but he never fenced or drank "earl grey hot!"

~CF
CherryFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CherryFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2011, 08:50 AM   #14
Stud_puppy1991

How Do You Identify?:
butch, gentleman
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Back to Bachelorhood

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryFemme View Post
I am another one who fenced when I was in college and loved it / miss it.

I got pretty good-- since I started when I was a freshman and it took over 7 years to finish off the degree. <grin> I should have spent more time hitting the books rather than practicing with a dowl in my local park. Oh yeah-- I was one of those. "

The truth is, I grew up trying to be Jean Luc Picard and since he fenced-- I HAD TO FENCE! I would have tried to be James T. Kirk, but he never fenced or drank "earl grey hot!"

~CF
That is awesome. I love to fence, and yet, i'm honors in college. But, still.. you....wow.
Old 05-24-2011, 09:07 AM   #15
apretty

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
sea shell
Relationship Status:
married

Thanked 4,377 Times in 1,015 Posts
apretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputation

i wield a jeweled dagger while wearing a magical cloak.
apretty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to apretty For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2011, 09:10 AM   #16
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by apretty View Post

HOT DAMN!!!!!!!
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2011, 09:19 AM   #17
EnderD_503

How Do You Identify?:
Queer, trans guy, butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Relationship

EnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by apretty View Post
Is that you, Artemis Entreri?!

I hereby challenge you to a fight to the death in the Underdark!

[/nerd mode]
Old 05-24-2011, 09:43 AM   #18
Stud_puppy1991

How Do You Identify?:
butch, gentleman
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Back to Bachelorhood

Mmmmm....you guys are turning me on...but, i love a fellow archer and swordsman.. challenge me!
Old 05-24-2011, 11:51 AM   #19
EnderD_503

How Do You Identify?:
Queer, trans guy, butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Relationship

Default Come at me, brah :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stud_puppy1991 View Post
Mmmmm....you guys are turning me on...but, i love a fellow archer and swordsman.. challenge me!

The challenge has been issued

Nah, but for realz (or not), suddenly I'm reminded of my BBG days when we used to have epic forum RPG battles. I really should play again, but they suck for productivity lol

*swings longsword from woman's guard in downward cut toward unprotected neck*

*tries to quickly bring sword upward to defend against downward strike...trips onto arse, rolls backward and Jackie Chan-flips back onto feet*

Btw, 23 crossbows? How'd you manage that? Any medieval crossbows among them?
Old 05-24-2011, 12:05 PM   #20
EnderD_503

How Do You Identify?:
Queer, trans guy, butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Relationship

Quote:
OMG, I love swords.
Quarter staff and spear are awesome, too. I didn't nearly do enough of that. In JKD we used to do some stick fighting as well as staff fighting with these massively long Thai staves...can't remember the name now. But that was some of the best fun I've ever had next to longsword. With a longsword background, it makes the fun doublefold the way sparring just flows with those long staves. Gaging range is so much trickier, though.