Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Current Affairs/World Issues/Science And History

Old 09-26-2021, 10:09 AM   #761
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 32,914 Times in 14,558 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation
Default Gov. Inslee: Most schools unsafe to reopen in Washington state...

Most schools should go online-only and cancel sports, Inslee says.
Published August 5, 2020COVID-19 in WashingtonAssociated Press

SEATTLE - Gov. Jay Inslee said Wednesday that schools in the majority of Washington’s counties should strongly consider online-only learning for students this fall due to COVID-19 and canceling or postponing sports and all other in-person extracurricular activities. Inslee made the announcement with the superintendent of public instruction for Washington and the state’s health officer. Washington officials broke down their school guidelines - which are recommendations, not requirements - into categories for counties deemed high risk, moderate risk and low risk.

https://www.q13fox.com/news/most-sch...ts-inslee-says
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 10:12 AM   #762
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathexis View Post
Parents are overly anxious to get kids back in school. They need to cool their jets or they'll end up with no kids. Believe all learning ought to be remote until we can get CoVid-19 under control and/or a children's dose gets released. We have those Trumpsters to thank for all this mess. But, will we ever without a vaccine mandate. The mandate's got to have teeth, though.
You're proving to be absolutely right about parents cooling their jets or ending up with no kids....
Old 09-26-2021, 04:17 PM   #763
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default States Where Schools Are Closed or Partially Closed Due to COVID..

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
You're proving to be absolutely right about parents cooling their jets or ending up with no kids....
CORONAVIRUS IN TEXAS
At least 45 districts shut down in-person classes due to COVID-19 cases, affecting more than 40,000 students.

ALASKA, CALIFORNIA,MINNESOTA, MICHIGAN, IDAHO, the list goes on and on!
Old 09-27-2021, 01:22 PM   #764
Stone-Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 6,277 Times in 1,760 Posts
Stone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST Reputation
Default COVID-19

They are saying there is a good possibility of yet another 3rd. booster shot and they are also finding people who are fully vaccinated getting the virus and having to be hospilized.
Stone-Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stone-Butch For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2021, 08:04 PM   #765
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 107,494 Times in 25,274 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

The vaccines were never meant to stop people from getting COVID at all. They are for the purpose of reducing death and serious illness from it.

So far, it's only Pfizer that has the booster. Moderna has applied to work on it but Johnson & Johnson has not. I remember reading somewhere that a mix 'n match strategy would be the most effective so I might wind up getting the Pfizer booster since my original vaccination was with Moderna. I've been fortunate so far. *knock on wood*

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2021, 08:28 PM   #766
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,538 Times in 4,420 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

I think it's very misleading to bring up the exception without mentioning the rule. Well over 90% of hospitalizations and deaths from COVID are among the unvaccinated. No vaccine, drug, or other medical procedure is 100% effective in 100% of people. It's fine to acknowledge that some vaccinated people have suffered ill effects but it should not be stated without the other information about the vaccines' overall extremely high effectiveness rate.

The last thing we want to do is spread information that will cause people to be hesitant about taking a vaccine and/or booster shot if needed. They have been proven to be overwhelmingly effective. For the few who are vaccinated and do end up hospitalized and/or die- that does not prove or indicate the vaccines are not effective. It means some people's health and bodies cannot withstand the challenges of COVID even when vaccinated. It's COVID that is causing them problems, not the vaccines. The vaccines are just not enough for a small percentage of people.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 10-12-2021, 02:27 AM   #767
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
On hiatus

Thanked 31,157 Times in 7,708 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

I got the booster yesterday and my arm is really sore. I went to my pharmacy to make an appointment to get the booster and they were able to squeeze me in because the woman in line ahead of me cancelled her appt.

My arm is sore and my energy is lower than usual. I’ll just take it easy today and tomorrow, if necessary.

I’m back to wearing masks and gloves and I probably won’t see any family for the holidays. Some family members have received the vaccine and some haven’t. I’m just not ready to take chances like that so I’ll just hang out on the lake in the femme cave on my own.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 10-12-2021, 04:17 AM   #768
Stone-Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 6,277 Times in 1,760 Posts
Stone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST Reputation
Default Caronavirus

I have had both shots and am only saying what was on the news. No need for people to get defensive. No need to try stating more I won't upset this apple cart any more and will keep my opinions to myself. So sorry.
Stone-Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 05:32 AM   #769
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,538 Times in 4,420 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

I am definitely not the one who is being defensive. I’m also not going around posting childish crap about being picked on in another thread right after posting in here. If I were to inadvertently say anything untrue or misleading about the virus and someone pointed it out to me I would take responsibility for what I said. I also don’t claim to be sorry about anything when it’s obvious I am not.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 10-12-2021, 09:44 AM   #770
Kätzchen
~*~*~*~*~

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Engaged to the loveliest person in the world. <3

Thanked 29,996 Times in 9,227 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Yesterday, Oregon marked over 4K deaths since the onset of Covid-19 in 2020.

Here is a timeline of Covid-19 fatalities in our state:
Nov. 2020 - over 1K deaths recorded.
Jan 2021 - over 2k (...)
Aug 2021 (just two months ago) - over 3K
October 2021 - another 1K people died, which raises the death toll to over 4K.
Since winter of 2020, Oregon has recorded over 4 thousand deaths from Covid-19. If I recall correctly, the past six months has seen just how brutal the Delta variant is, which has taken the lives of the youngest and frailest of those *not* vaccinated for protection against this dangerous viral infection.

Rico and I hope we can get a booster shot soon. It might be awhile for me, though, because I got the J&J single dose vax. Maybe by the first of the year all vax makers will get their booster shots approved.

We continue to mask up and keep our distance at work or while out in public. Even our Thanksgiving activity with family and family friends will be carefully planned for attendees and we will utilize every tool we can to ensure personal safety for ourselves and everyone. We won't be celebrating Christmas or New Years with others. These twin winter holidays will be just for us, on our own with each other.

Please stay safe, everyone.

--K--