Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 12-29-2009, 11:57 PM   #101
hottprof

How Do You Identify?:
female
Preferred Pronoun?:
Miss to you... for hym...
Relationship Status:
Crashes One Femme

hottprof Has the BEST Reputationhottprof Has the BEST Reputationhottprof Has the BEST Reputationhottprof Has the BEST Reputationhottprof Has the BEST Reputationhottprof Has the BEST Reputationhottprof Has the BEST Reputationhottprof Has the BEST Reputationhottprof Has the BEST Reputationhottprof Has the BEST Reputationhottprof Has the BEST Reputation

Linus... you are so right at least in my book... Vow to lose weight.. don;t really want to work at it but go to the gym anyway... then poof gone in march lol

Weather ... good luck with lifting I need to re-start that again... and my hammie is still ouchy... it sucks I can not run yet (not that I was running much before more like jogging like an elephant... clomp clomp... (with really heavy feet) lol)... maybe some day I will look graceful if not I will go back to dancing at least I could do that

Everyone else... I say no resolution to lose weight... resolution to tone, or tighten, loosen the pants, then get a new pair... to eat a bit better... maybe only half the plate of cheese fries (giggle) and thin crust pizza instead of deep dish lol...

Smiles
hottprof is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to hottprof For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2009, 06:43 AM   #102
PapaC

How Do You Identify?:
FTM-Queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

PapaC Has the BEST ReputationPapaC Has the BEST ReputationPapaC Has the BEST ReputationPapaC Has the BEST ReputationPapaC Has the BEST ReputationPapaC Has the BEST ReputationPapaC Has the BEST ReputationPapaC Has the BEST ReputationPapaC Has the BEST ReputationPapaC Has the BEST ReputationPapaC Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by hottprof View Post

Everyone else... I say no resolution to lose weight... resolution to tone, or tighten, loosen the pants, then get a new pair... to eat a bit better... maybe only half the plate of cheese fries (giggle) and thin crust pizza instead of deep dish lol...

Smiles
timely comment about pants. I spent the bulk of my day pulling mine up. True to form, I get so alienated from my size at times I don't even notice if my pants are looser sometimes. When I first started eating better for my insulin resistance diabetes, it was back in 2002-2003. I drove my friend all around the valley with her young son at the time. I was juuuuuust starting to get more mobile, and this was a full year before the big dramatic weight drop. Anyway, I drove a voyager minivan because it was the only vehicle I could fit behind the wheel in, that I could afford.

Little D rode in his car seat, and M and I would tool around. We stopped for Chinese food one day, and I worked on gettin D out of his car seat in the back. Well, I bent down, and as I did, my jeans fell right down to my ankles in the middle of that little parking lot. Laughter ensued and the comment from M was classic "Chris, I think it's safe to say you're starting to lose a little bit of weight there"...

LOL.

Anyway, fast forward to today, I must have pulled up my pants a dozen times. yeah, I know.. there's this great invention called a BELT. (thanks, got the memo). I don't think abut belts, because for the most part, I'm sittin' at my computer and won't sit wearing jeans if I'm working at home. why?

well, tonight I had a light bulb moment... hey, these pants are really just one size up from my smallest size jeans from 2005/2006, I wonder if.... no, can't be!

well, on a hunch, I grabbed those jeans that have been collecting dust in the closet for the last 3 years.

I just slipped them on like it was nothing. :-|

To which my reply in my head was "Chris, I think it's safe to say you're starting to lose a little bit of weight there"...

the bonus is: I feel like I just bought a pair of new jeans without spending the money. niiiiiiiiice.

looks like the forced walking due to no car is working.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PapaC For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2009, 08:26 AM   #103
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

I gotta say that I love my iPod Touch. I have a few apps that I use for workouts. So today started with:

16 pushups (the app is called 100 pushups and gradually builds up to 100)
81 situps (similar app as above but with a goal of 200 situps)

I also have Men's Health Workouts, which has a mod that doesn't include gym weights. I haven't gone through the whole circuit yet but did:

3 x 10 Bulgarian Lunges
3 x 12 Hip Raises

(since I had already done the pushups previously didn't make sense to do it again).

3 x 10 arm curls
3 x 10 shoulder raises

I did those two sets without pause and one after the other (right arm curl, left arm curl, right shoulder raise, left shoulder raise, repeat).

I'll also do some pull-ups (as much as I can) throughout the day, using my Iron Gym Pull Up Bar.

Also had fruit for breakfast and 24 oz of water.

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2009, 09:42 AM   #104
hottprof

How Do You Identify?:
female
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Crashes One Femme

hottprof Has the BEST Reputationhottprof Has the BEST Reputationhottprof Has the BEST Reputationhottprof Has the BEST Reputationhottprof Has the BEST Reputationhottprof Has the BEST Reputationhottprof Has the BEST Reputationhottprof Has the BEST Reputationhottprof Has the BEST Reputationhottprof Has the BEST Reputationhottprof Has the BEST Reputation

PapaC: omgosh I am so proud of you. needless to say "I think you might be losing a little weight"... thats amazing. just keep it going nice and steady and it will be easier (or so the proverbial "they" say) to keep it off...

Linus: I just got an iphone and was wondering what apps to pick thanks for the suggestion (though I maynot hit up the Men's Health work out... since I am not a guy...) though I could always adapt it I am sure

I am so glad to see you guys posting in here. It is great to have a support system even if we have never actually talked in person

to me... in my head... it is like if I do not work out or do not hit the gym I should not post today and I will let someone down. Weird thinking I know but it works, I have been to the gym 14 times this month, a new record for me. I am hoping to squeeze a work out in on thursday after work before it closes.

Yeah!!!

Smiles
Old 12-30-2009, 11:26 AM   #105
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by hottprof View Post
Linus: I just got an iphone and was wondering what apps to pick thanks for the suggestion (though I maynot hit up the Men's Health work out... since I am not a guy...) though I could always adapt it I am sure

I am so glad to see you guys posting in here. It is great to have a support system even if we have never actually talked in person

to me... in my head... it is like if I do not work out or do not hit the gym I should not post today and I will let someone down. Weird thinking I know but it works, I have been to the gym 14 times this month, a new record for me. I am hoping to squeeze a work out in on thursday after work before it closes.

Yeah!!!

Smiles
There are a lot of other ones. I do have a yoga one that tells me how to do the various moves and lets me chain them together to make a routine. (Yoga Stretch is the name of the program).

I also have iFitness which is a nice little app that allows you to create your own routines, use some of their routines and has visual photos on how to do various exercises (including women specific routines).

Old 12-30-2009, 09:34 PM   #106
hottprof

How Do You Identify?:
female
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Crashes One Femme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
There are a lot of other ones. I do have a yoga one that tells me how to do the various moves and lets me chain them together to make a routine. (Yoga Stretch is the name of the program).

I also have iFitness which is a nice little app that allows you to create your own routines, use some of their routines and has visual photos on how to do various exercises (including women specific routines).

Very Cool I will have to check them out I love yoga, but do not have the patience to do it all the time. Ifitness... I will check that out too.. very cool yoga on the go woot
Old 01-01-2010, 12:57 PM   #107
hottprof

How Do You Identify?:
female
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Crashes One Femme

Happy New Year!!!!

Okay so far so good... How are the "resolutions" coming?

Unfortunately I will not be able to work out until I heal yet again the hammie is good but I threw my back out on wednesday... it is sad but I want to work out... but I can barely move...

Cheers to a new year, new ideals, new friends, and new sense of self...

Smiles
Old 01-01-2010, 02:19 PM   #108
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Not too bad. Will be back working out tomorrow. Cleaned my office today to make more room so I can do yoga and some stuff in there.

Old 01-04-2010, 11:54 AM   #109
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Default Today's Exercises.

22 pushups
(did these inbetween the pushup sets)
3 x 12 arm curls
3 x 12 shoulder raises

87 situps

10 min of yoga. Will go out to run errands and an extra 15 min walk (bit chilly outside). Will run down the stairs (don't do up when I have groceries).

Also had fruit for breakfast and 24 oz of water.

Old 01-06-2010, 08:10 AM   #110
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

26 pushups

97 situps

2 x 12 arm curls
2 x 12 shoulder raises

I was so hungry and was running out of time before class starts that I had to cut the workout a little short. Had fruit for breakfast and 24 oz of water. I am staying away from sweets (limited myself to a single lollypop today and a sugar-free Red Bull -- my only "processed" foods).

How's everyone else doing?

Old 01-06-2010, 10:37 AM   #111
hottprof

How Do You Identify?:
female
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Crashes One Femme

I still have not been back to the gym this year... throwing your back out really messes with my head...

so I am working on getting on to better eating habbits, I know what I have to do I just need to pre-prepare food and I will be golden...

I am hoping to get back to the gym some time this week even if it is just to walk...

Hope everyone else's year is starting alright.
Old 01-07-2010, 11:45 AM   #112
shadows papa

How Do You Identify?:
With a Warning Label
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her Bastard
Relationship Status:
Peaceful Easy

Thanked 1,644 Times in 485 Posts
shadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputation

No New Year's resolutions here,just keep on keeping on and try to maintain my fitness in the face of increasing school pressure as springtime gets here.I have been doing a bit of swimming and running in order to finish the half marathon 10 days from now.I'm not in peak running shape but I WILL FINISH Then back to the pool for some serious swim training to get ready for my next big trick;attempting a 5 mile swim in the Cumberland River before school REALLY overtakes my life! The mountain biking is going slow due to all the bad weather we are having here,but that's just icing on the cake if I get out and ride in the winter weather.Right now,it's just hunkering down and waiting to see if the snow is gonna hit or not.Hello to everyone and hope you're having a great week and have a great weekend! Shad
Old 01-07-2010, 05:24 PM   #113
Dean Thoreau

How Do You Identify?:
Ftm - Male- exfemale
Preferred Pronoun?:
He’s Him
Relationship Status:
Has a gf

Dean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST Reputation

Ok I finally have found a work out that I am willing to do.....
5 miles from here there is a new roller rink dedicated to roller derby
and they have weekly classes..... I love skating always have,,actually i used to do some speed skating prior to gaining another person in weight.....
so i will be heading there on saturday to register for the classes....and enjoy the scenery as i skate around the rink......behind all those nice fit trim (oh am i objectifying? Damn right I am) motivations that will be in front of me.... I may be old and fat but roller skates/inlines are like being in water......you can still go fast and not feel the ummm..ummm extra 90 pounds...and its a hell of a work out.
Old 01-08-2010, 08:45 AM   #114
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

29 pushups
(did these inbetween the pushup sets)
2 x 12; 1 x 15 arm curls
2 x 12; 1 x 15 shoulder raises

112 situps.

3 x 15 hip raises

No Yoga today. I've decided that to help keep the workout from getting too long I'm going to do that on alt days -- so one day workout next day yoga. That keeps my fitness regime to 30 min a day at the start of the day.

I also got an app to remind me how much water to take in (I have suspicions that I'm borderline dehydrated most of the time). Interestingly enough, since I've started drinking more I sleep better. A hint I suppose.

Great to see all the neat ideas to stay fit.

Dean, good luck on the skates. Those can be quite the challenge (very different than ice skating I find). Maybe once in L.A. I'll see about finding classes on how to use roller blades properly.

Shadows papa, good luck on the marathon. WOW. 10K is nothing to sneeze at. Just to finish that would be impressive in my book.

Old 01-12-2010, 09:17 AM   #115
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

I'm still working on getting into a rhythm for workouts. Over the weekend, because of the server move I got lazy. I was so exhausted that sleep was the priority over workouts. Add to that an early and long day (8am-6pm min) for 5 days this week and workouts didn't seem that inviting. What I did do is get a band (blue) for workouts and realized that I could do my reps while I was teaching or my colleague was (preferred). So I did that today and got in a few sets of arm curls, tricep raises, arm raises and chest flyes.

I've been contemplating getting the P90X system. A friend is willing to sell me their extra copy. Anyone used this?

Old 01-19-2010, 08:55 AM   #116
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Well, I got back into my workouts today. I got the precursor video set to the P90X system (Power90) and could only do 20 min of the workout (next time I'll eat a bit before doing the workout). It's pretty intensive.

On the plus side of things, I've lost 8lbs so far in two weeks so I've been at least good about what's going in versus going out. My water consumption also has improved thanks to my little app.

Go Team BFP!!

Old 01-19-2010, 09:32 AM   #117
weatherboi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Owned boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey boy!!!
Relationship Status:
counting freckles slowly under Her direction!!!

Thanked 12,559 Times in 2,993 Posts
weatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputation

I am having motivational issues this week anddddd last week. Cardio blahhhhhhh blahhhhhh blahhhhhh. Weights well ehhhhhhh. I went to my folks house last night and ate everything BUT meat. Chips, soda, chocolate, cheese dip, ritz crackers and some pumpkin bread.

I didnt feel to hot last night!!
weatherboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 09:45 AM   #118
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherboi View Post
I am having motivational issues this week anddddd last week. Cardio blahhhhhhh blahhhhhh blahhhhhh. Weights well ehhhhhhh. I went to my folks house last night and ate everything BUT meat. Chips, soda, chocolate, cheese dip, ritz crackers and some pumpkin bread.

I didnt feel to hot last night!!

Bad carb (by bad I mean junk food) hangover is what it sounds like. Don't let that one night ruin it for the rest of the week. Keep at it!

The Following User Says Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2010, 02:03 AM   #119
shadows papa

How Do You Identify?:
With a Warning Label
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her Bastard
Relationship Status:
Peaceful Easy

Thanked 1,644 Times in 485 Posts
shadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputation
Talking Mark This Offa the Bucket List

Howdy Y'all! Well I can mark doing a half marathon offa the Bucket List now! I completed 13.1 miles in 2:49:42,a fair bit slower than the 2:30 I was shooting for,but with no more training than I got in prior to the run,I'm happy with it.The best part of it all was that my girl's son decided to do the 2 mile kid's run and we ran the first mile together then she followed him back to the finish.It was rainy and cold the whole run,and the most beautiful sight I saw was them waiting in the rain for me at the finish;that is what kept me going the last 3 miles,knowing they were there,because I really wanted to quit,but quit isn't in my DNA sequence So now I have decided that I think I have a full marathon in me somewhere,but with school starting,it may have to wait a year or two to get out! I did enroll in a Spin Class to get in shape for spring/summer road cycling and will be back in the woods on my mountain bike and back in the pool training for a 5 mile swim attempt this spring! Hope everyone is gettin' 'er done and having fun in the doing! Shad
Old 01-20-2010, 09:07 AM   #120
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

w00t! Congrats, ShadowsPapa! That must feel awesome to have that done and experience that run with the little one.

I managed to get through another 20 min workout this morning (this time with the resistance bands). My arms feel like rubber! I'll probably continue with just the 20 min version for a week or two and then up it to see if I can complete the whole 30 min workout.

I saw my doctor yesterday and he was very impressed with my last lab work and my blood pressure (it had been climbing but since introducing more exercise it's dropped back down to a good value).

Go Team BFP!