Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 03-01-2016, 08:12 PM   #5361
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,763 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by candy_coated_bitch View Post
My project went out today, priority mail. You should have it Thursday.
Fantastic news!!!

I'm so glad you didn't give up.

Penpallers, I know a few of us have struggled this month for a variety of reasons and real life has gotten into the way for some of us as well. Please do whatever you can to make sure your projects get to me on or before Monday, March 7th. Guaranteed US mail, UPS, FedEx, carrier pigeon....whatever it takes....

If they don't, I will wait for all projects to arrive and send out the packages, but unfortunately those whose art work does not reach me by next Monday will not be able to participate in future projects for the remainder of the year. I was very adamant about the date requirement from the start of this round so this should not be a surprise, especially since we've had the tardy rule in effect for some time now. I'm crossing my fingers, toes and eyeballs that everyone's work will get to me on time. This is a great project and I look forward to seeing everyone's goodies.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2016, 09:29 PM   #5362
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
The arteest formerly known as musicfemme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Thanked 32,098 Times in 6,125 Posts
candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

PS the $5 is coming separately.

My Patreon

My Website
candy_coated_bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2016, 09:57 PM   #5363
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by candy_coated_bitch View Post
PS the $5 is coming separately.
No worries. A few have said that.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 03-01-2016, 11:56 PM   #5364
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,602 Times in 10,230 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

I boxed my cards up Sunday to get in the mail on Monday....I came online to get your address and saw the post from CCB. So I took a set out of my box. And then I saw her get a quick turn around, so that extra set went out this morning. My leap year postmark should be there by tomorrow!

And....I think this is the first time I got the postage money inside the box!

That you Gemme for inspiring us all!

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2016, 12:17 AM   #5365
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bèsame* View Post
I boxed my cards up Sunday to get in the mail on Monday....I came online to get your address and saw the post from CCB. So I took a set out of my box. And then I saw her get a quick turn around, so that extra set went out this morning. My leap year postmark should be there by tomorrow!

And....I think this is the first time I got the postage money inside the box!

That you Gemme for inspiring us all!
Thank you for sending the extras! I appreciate it.

My Patreon

My Website
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2016, 11:42 AM   #5366
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,691 Times in 7,717 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

My USPS Tracking number says my package was delivered to you,Gemme @1052am...yay.....glad it made it on time.........Enjoy!
Old 03-02-2016, 07:19 PM   #5367
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by clay View Post
My USPS Tracking number says my package was delivered to you,Gemme @1052am...yay.....glad it made it on time.........Enjoy!
I didn't get a package from you today, clay.

My mail always comes early. I had packages from Besame and Katniss in today's mail around 10ish.

I'd already received a package from nycfem also.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2016, 08:22 PM   #5368
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by clay View Post
This is how much I love our clay.

I suited up (it's 20 degrees with up to 40 mph gusts) in my puffy jacket and my boys' snow boots that I got at Wally World and walked out into the night in my jammies.

There's one business that sometimes gets our mail, so I walked down the road to check their mail box. Like us, they have a box right at the road.

So, I opened their box and lo and behold, I found a manila package from FL. Rest easy, clay. They would have brought it to us tomorrow and it would have been straightened out in the morning but I figured why not go traipsing in the dark and break some federal laws while I'm at it?

I was so excited to report back that I haven't even opened the package yet!

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2016, 10:34 PM   #5369
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I feel so special!!!!!

I would do that plus more for you, too, Gemme!!!

I was so worried it wouldn't show up & I would have to sit out rest of year......HUGE relief!!!!

YOU are amazing, Gemme!!! I <3 you......and this is but one of many reasons I love this group so much....

Yay! Now I can rest easy......appreciate your efforts my friend....>>>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
This is how much I love our clay.

I suited up (it's 20 degrees with up to 40 mph gusts) in my puffy jacket and my boys' snow boots that I got at Wally World and walked out into the night in my jammies.

There's one business that sometimes gets our mail, so I walked down the road to check their mail box. Like us, they have a box right at the road.

So, I opened their box and lo and behold, I found a manila package from FL. Rest easy, clay. They would have brought it to us tomorrow and it would have been straightened out in the morning but I figured why not go traipsing in the dark and break some federal laws while I'm at it?

I was so excited to report back that I haven't even opened the package yet!

Old 03-03-2016, 07:43 AM   #5370
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I do have to say that the work I've seen so far has been fantastic. You all have done such interesting twists on the theme!

Besame, the little gift is adorable! I've named her Priscilla.

I have to apologize for those who've struggled with this project. I think I sucked up your usual crafty mojo because I've got craft ADHD this time and I have a lot going on with my sets. Most did one beautiful set and I've got umpteen sets with varying degrees of beauty and/or creativity.

Oooopsie.

Anywho, so here is the updated list:

1. Gemme -done, except the bonus pieces and I'm doing those as the packages come in
2. nycfem/Jennifer-received
3. CCB-en route
4. Breathless-en route
5. Bèsame*-received
6. GeorgiaMa'am
7. Katniss-received
8. clay-received

I'm so so so excited about this project, y'all. I just can't speak on it enough.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2016, 07:51 AM   #5371
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
I do have to say that the work I've seen so far has been fantastic. You all have done such interesting twists on the theme!

Besame, the little gift is adorable! I've named her Priscilla.

I'm so so so excited about this project, y'all. I just can't speak on it enough.
<SNIPPED>

Now I am even more excited to see what everyone has done......see what ya started now Ms. Gemme....making us drool having to wait.............this was one of the most interesting & funner (is this even a word...lol) projects we have done....thanks for being such an incredible wrangler, even traipsing off into the coldest night to retrieve my misplaced package.....giving whole new meaning to "wrangler"... following up, & never giving up on any one of us my friend....
Old 03-03-2016, 06:33 PM   #5372
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

CCB's arrived today!!!! Love them. Sooo glad you figured it out and I'm glad you opted to mix your sizes up.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2016, 07:26 PM   #5373
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Quote:
CCB's arrived today!!!! Love them. Sooo glad you figured it out and I'm glad you opted to mix your sizes up.
Yay! Thanks for the compliment. I felt good about how they came together, amazingly enough. Thank for encouraging me not give up!!!

My Patreon

My Website
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2016, 10:47 PM   #5374
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,241 Times in 5,159 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

My cards went out today by FedEx. Gemme, you should receive them by 3pm Monday.

Thanks, everyone, for your patience and supportive words.

-Georgia
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 03-04-2016, 06:09 AM   #5375
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
My cards went out today by FedEx. Gemme, you should receive them by 3pm Monday.

Thanks, everyone, for your patience and supportive words.

-Georgia
Excellent! I will keep my eyes peeled for the package.

Once I get Breathless' and your packages, I'll finish things up with the bonus pieces and get the ATC packages back out to you all before the end of the week; the 12th at the latest.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2016, 05:48 AM   #5376
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Today's the day! I'm hoping the last of the projects comes in today. Everyone has done such lovely work thus far.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 03-07-2016, 10:52 AM   #5377
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I received Georgia's package and Besame's last piece today. One more to go!

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 03-07-2016, 10:55 AM   #5378
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,717 Times in 5,082 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

I think we have to keep in mind that breathless is mailing from Canada so it is understandable if hers arrives after today since she had to mail out on the 29th.

Thanks for keeping us posted, Gemme!

Quote:
I received Georgia's package and Besame's last piece today. One more to go!

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2016, 07:42 PM   #5379
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,241 Times in 5,159 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
I think we have to keep in mind that breathless is mailing from Canada so it is understandable if hers arrives after today since she had to mail out on the 29th.
Nycfem is quite right, of course it is understandable that breathless's project will take a little longer to arrive.

At this time, I would like to ask for some consensus on the "tardy rule". My understanding was that "a week late" refers to someone mailing out their projects 7 days after the due date - not ensuring that the wrangler receives packages within 7 days of the due date. My reasoning: (1) Since projects mailed on the due date would take several days to reach the wrangler, a package that arrives 7 days after the due date is not really a week late, it's less than a week late. (2) If a person is mailing from a different country than the wrangler, they would not be able to take advantage of the "tardy rule", because the only way they could get it to the wrangler within a week of the due date would be international FedEx, which I believe would be cost prohibitive for most people and unfair.

I believe that the wording of the rule should be clarified. I also understand that it is very annoying and disappointing to receive projects a long time after the due date; I have been annoyed by others in the past, and of course I was late on this recent project (and again, I do apologize for any annoyance you all may have experienced). I believe that fairness would call for allowing a tardy person a full week to mail out their project, and that the postmark should be within 7 days of the due date. However, I was not around for the original discussion, and I may have misunderstood the rule since I wasn't privy to the conversation. Whatever the rule is, I would appreciate the group's clarification. It won't affect whether or not I participate (unless, maybe, the wrangler is in a different country - I would have to carefully consider that); I just want to be clear before signing up for any more projects.

Here is the rule (as a reminder):

"For 2016, the rule is if one of us is more than a week late or drops out of a project for whatever reason, that person is welcome to continue posting but is not allowed to sign up for a group project again until January 1st, 2017. No exceptions. This rule applies to participants and to wranglers. This rule must be posted at the bottom of all new projects that are being wrangled so that members can thoughtfully consider whether we wish to commit to a new project. And for the purposes of clarification, if someone drops out before the deadline to sign up has been closed then they are not excluded from future projects because they are still following the rules."

Thanks for your time and attention.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2016, 07:52 PM   #5380
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,717 Times in 5,082 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Hi, GeorgiaMa'am, glad you brought this up. Here's how I would clarify it:

""For 2016, the rule is if one of our projects is received by the wrangler more than a week late or drops out of a project for whatever reason, that person is welcome to continue posting but is not allowed to sign up for a group project again until January 1st, 2017. No exceptions. This rule applies to participants and to wranglers. This rule must be posted at the bottom of all new projects that are being wrangled so that members can thoughtfully consider whether we wish to commit to a new project. And for the purposes of clarification, if someone drops out before the deadline to sign up has been closed then they are not excluded from future projects because they are still following the rules."

However, I do not feel this rule applies to Breathless for this current project since Breathless was given the specific instruction to mail on the 29th, and she followed that rule. It would not be fair to ask her to pay more than what traditional mailing costs since she followed the rule.

I personally don't think it's a good idea to say that it has to have a postmark within a week of the due date because then that means someone's project could hold up a mailing out of projects over a week, which seems excessive to me. Also I'd be worried that someone might say, "I mailed it" and we'd have no way of knowing if that were even true. If something must be RECEIVED by a certain date then we know projects will definitely be mailed out within a week of their due date (Again, this project was a special situation because of Gemme's special Leap Year rule.).

In the future, without the special circumstance of the current project, people from other countries can simply plan to mail out by whatever date is needed for the project to arrive on time.

If the majority are okay with it, let's change the paragraph to include the clarified paragraph at the end of every project (the one I started this post with but with the bolded part included).

Thank you for bringing up the need for clarification. It is definitely necessary for future projects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
Nycfem is quite right, of course it is understandable that breathless's project will take a little longer to arrive.

At this time, I would like to ask for some consensus on the "tardy rule". My understanding was that "a week late" refers to someone mailing out their projects 7 days after the due date - not ensuring that the wrangler receives packages within 7 days of the due date. My reasoning: (1) Since projects mailed on the due date would take several days to reach the wrangler, a package that arrives 7 days after the due date is not really a week late, it's less than a week late. (2) If a person is mailing from a different country than the wrangler, they would not be able to take advantage of the "tardy rule", because the only way they could get it to the wrangler within a week of the due date would be international FedEx, which I believe would be cost prohibitive for most people and unfair.

I believe that the wording of the rule should be clarified. I also understand that it is very annoying and disappointing to receive projects a long time after the due date; I have been annoyed by others in the past, and of course I was late on this recent project (and again, I do apologize for any annoyance you all may have experienced). I believe that fairness would call for allowing a tardy person a full week to mail out their project, and that the postmark should be within 7 days of the due date. However, I was not around for the original discussion, and I may have misunderstood the rule since I wasn't privy to the conversation. Whatever the rule is, I would appreciate the group's clarification. It won't affect whether or not I participate (unless, maybe, the wrangler is in a different country - I would have to carefully consider that); I just want to be clear before signing up for any more projects.

Here is the rule (as a reminder):

"For 2016, the rule is if one of us is more than a week late or drops out of a project for whatever reason, that person is welcome to continue posting but is not allowed to sign up for a group project again until January 1st, 2017. No exceptions. This rule applies to participants and to wranglers. This rule must be posted at the bottom of all new projects that are being wrangled so that members can thoughtfully consider whether we wish to commit to a new project. And for the purposes of clarification, if someone drops out before the deadline to sign up has been closed then they are not excluded from future projects because they are still following the rules."

Thanks for your time and attention.

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:

Tags
artists, creative types