ProfPacker

How Do You Identify?:
butch/MOC
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy/hym/hys but in circumstances like work and some other places she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 4,816 Times in 1,187 Posts
ProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST Reputation

here it is. 6 years ago I left a job (took a buy out) because for the prior three years I had a supervisor that was unethical and I didn't keep my mouth shut about it. Well, you can guess who management protected: the EAP counselor (unrepresented) or the Manager of the Dept. when the buyout came I took it and luckily enough got the job I have now and love.

Time moves on...about 3 weeks ago I noticed that he viewed me on Linkedin. Today I get this scathing email (he had to go to my school's site to find my school email because the only contact info on there is an aol account, and then went into rate my professor. He left a horrible email that was filled with rage and some glee because of course students who post on Rate My Professor are usually anger at the professor and it is like a negative yelp

I am not breaking confidentiality or even what the agency was but this is the email:

Enjoyed reading the critiques of your performance by your students!They seem wise to you. As an working for me, I nailed you for constantly for using your cell phone during staff and clinical meetings and conducting personal business. I saw you as rude and self important. You could come up with clinical labels for a client but offer nothing of substance or usefulness in terms of interventions or case management techniques. Your case management was shoddy . And you never "implemented" anything. I heard you got the job because you were somebody's friend. it was reflected in your work standands and efforts. Really, you should be embarassed! But, of course now you teach,role model and use it as an opportunity to torture your students who are stuck with you as were your clients. Made4 sense why you enjoyed Robert's comraderie. Birds of a feather...

This is not true but I wonder what more this guy is going to do. It has been 6 years since I left there and never made contact with him again and hardly with anyone in the agency. He went to a lot of trouble to do this.

I wonder if I should be concerned. Will he go to my job? He obviously now knows where I work and what my contact info is. Trying not to catastrophize this but it is weighing on me a little. Any suggestions?

Thanks, I am trying to wind up the semester and it has been a stressful one so I don't need this.

PP
ProfPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to ProfPacker For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2016, 08:47 PM   #12822
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,871 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Do I have everything ready for work on Monday amongst a jumble of other stuff as usual.
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2016, 09:10 PM   #12823
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,582 Times in 10,223 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

sitting on the beach, with my feet in the waves, relaxing to the sounds of the sea.

I'd say, hurry up Sunday afternoon, but somehow, sleeping in and being under the covers is on my mind too!!

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2016, 04:20 AM   #12824
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,662 Times in 7,652 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Sigh.

Brutus and Lil Guy were knocked off the nest tree in the wee hours of Saturday morning by an owl.

It is rare for an owl to attack a grown eagle. They usually target unguarded eggs and chicks in an eagles nest and have been known to tango with incubating parents.

The brouhaha brought the parents roosting nearby to the nest tree.

Brutus is fine tho a lil skiddish. Never left the tree all day. And was calling out frequently.

Lil Guy has not been seen since 3:30 am Saturday.

Ground crews searched the area from dawn to dusk without success. At least they didnt find any eagle remnants which is a hopeful sign.

Parents have kept a visible presence in the area and spent the night in the nest tree. All have been calling out but there has been no response.

One can only hope Lil Guy is somewhere nearby, unhurt, and either laying low or just unable to get his bearings after being thrown into the night.

He has proven himself to be one tough survivor. I'm hoping he will show up this mornin, squeeing for breakfast.

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2016, 12:16 PM   #12825
girlin2une

How Do You Identify?:
submissive queer stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her

Thanked 3,845 Times in 856 Posts
girlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

So I have been doing a lot of writing lately... I find it quite therapeutic to write when I can't sleep...
This is a little tidbit of what I wrote during a moment of insomnia recently. It's all about being unique, which to me is so important.

When people remember you in the future, they won't remember you for how well you blended in; they are going to think about your quirks. So be brave in your quirkiness and stick out like a sore thumb. The people who try to hammer those quirks out of you are the ones who feel inadequate because they've spent their lives trying to blend in. They might convince you that you need to change those idiosyncrasies. But when God made you, that splash of red or flourish of pink or stubbly texture on the canvas looked good to Him. The works of art that the world remembers now are the ones that endured scorn in their time because they were extraordinarily different.
How do you define courage? Is it the absence of fear? You might think, under the weight of your fears, "I am not courageous." But maybe you have the wrong perspective. Courage can be measured in many ways, and is not the absence or denial of fear, but the willingness to act vulnerably. When you're faced with the unknown and then you stand on the edge of risk, courage brings you to the point where you are able to take flight, though you might be unsure of your wings.
girlin2une is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to girlin2une For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2016, 08:59 PM   #12826
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobi View Post

Sigh.

Brutus and Lil Guy were knocked off the nest tree in the wee hours of Saturday morning by an owl.

It is rare for an owl to attack a grown eagle. They usually target unguarded eggs and chicks in an eagles nest and have been known to tango with incubating parents.

The brouhaha brought the parents roosting nearby to the nest tree.

Brutus is fine tho a lil skiddish. Never left the tree all day. And was calling out frequently.

Lil Guy has not been seen since 3:30 am Saturday.

Ground crews searched the area from dawn to dusk without success. At least they didnt find any eagle remnants which is a hopeful sign.

Parents have kept a visible presence in the area and spent the night in the nest tree. All have been calling out but there has been no response.

One can only hope Lil Guy is somewhere nearby, unhurt, and either laying low or just unable to get his bearings after being thrown into the night.

He has proven himself to be one tough survivor. I'm hoping he will show up this mornin, squeeing for breakfast.

There are news reports out of North Fort Meyers that a woman found an eaglet in the vicinity of the nest area that was obviously injured. She was saying it appeared to have a broken leg and one talon hanging by tendons.

Florida Fish and Wildlife came out to investigate, but the bird was scared into the woods and flew away.

FWC couldn't confirm any injuries. They said if the bird turns up injured, they'll try to recapture it and get it to a rehab facility.

There are a lot of eagles and eaglets in this area. It is impossible to tell if this is Lil Guy until it is found.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2016, 10:58 PM   #12827
Gayandgray

How Do You Identify?:
Femme-ish, tomboy lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Together a really long time

Thanked 12,910 Times in 3,079 Posts
Gayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST Reputation

My stepson coming over this morning to see his mom for Mother's Day and telling us that his wife has asked for a divorce.
Old 05-09-2016, 08:50 AM   #12828
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Quote:

There are news reports out of North Fort Meyers that a woman found an eaglet in the vicinity of the nest area that was obviously injured. She was saying it appeared to have a broken leg and one talon hanging by tendons.

Florida Fish and Wildlife came out to investigate, but the bird was scared into the woods and flew away.

FWC couldn't confirm any injuries. They said if the bird turns up injured, they'll try to recapture it and get it to a rehab facility.

There are a lot of eagles and eaglets in this area. It is impossible to tell if this is Lil Guy until it is found.

Someone finally found the footage of the attack on Lil Guy and Brutus. There is no sound.

It appears to show Lil Guy get hit twice. Once from the side which wakes him up and causes him to lose his balance but he remains perched, pissed, vocal, extending his wings and moving. A couple of minutes later, he is hit again from behind, knocking him off the branch. His wings are extended as he falls and his talons are pointing downward and intact.

He was introduced to the ground the day before the attack after he fell out of the tree trying to catch a food drop. The ground wouldnt have been a surprise to him. Then again, eagles dont normally fly at night.

A few minutes after Lil Guy tumbles, Brutus is spearheaded in the chest, knocking him clear off the tree.

It was good to have a visual. These were not talon attacks. These were 3 forceful head butts.

The ground crew was on the scene and searching within an hour of the attacks.

There have been several reports of injured juveniles being seen in the area the last couple of days. Lots of eagles, eaglets, juveniles, and subadults in the area.

Lil Guy hasnt been seen nor heard. But, nothing has been confirmed as of yet.

I remain hopeful he is still nearby, unharmed, but maybe traumatized. If he is still nearby and hurt, I am hopeful he will tap into the memory of the people from CROW rescuing him from the nest, treating him, and putting him back. Then maybe, he will not fly away from those trying to help him.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 05-09-2016, 10:30 AM   #12829
storyspinner70

How Do You Identify?:
Femme Babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

storyspinner70 Has the BEST Reputationstoryspinner70 Has the BEST Reputationstoryspinner70 Has the BEST Reputationstoryspinner70 Has the BEST Reputationstoryspinner70 Has the BEST Reputationstoryspinner70 Has the BEST Reputationstoryspinner70 Has the BEST Reputationstoryspinner70 Has the BEST Reputationstoryspinner70 Has the BEST Reputationstoryspinner70 Has the BEST Reputationstoryspinner70 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfPacker View Post
I wonder if I should be concerned. Will he go to my job? He obviously now knows where I work and what my contact info is. Trying not to catastrophize this but it is weighing on me a little. Any suggestions?

Thanks, I am trying to wind up the semester and it has been a stressful one so I don't need this.

PP
Plan for the worst, as they say. I'm sure you've documented everything from before you were offered the buyout, if you haven't go back and collect and document as much as you can. If you have, gather everything together so it's convenient. Your job shouldn't need it, should he go to them, but you have it just in case. It'll make you feel better to know you have a plan. Anything he does publicly, rebutt immediately, but stay impersonal. Just the facts, ma'am. Ignore anything personal, like that email, unless it becomes harassment.

Generally speaking, people that bitter and hateful after that long a time are too cowardly to do anything other than send hateful emails or give an ugly review of you. If he does more, then you just need to let everyone know what really happened in a clear, dispassionate way. Most people aren't going to listen to that kind of ranting anyway. I doubt you ever need to do anything, especially after this long. You've been there five or six years now. They know you and your work ethic by now. They're not going to do anything based on heresay from someone who knew you six years ago and obviously has a hate on for you.

Don't worry at all. I doubt he does anything public. If he does something and people see you're not worried about it, they won't worry about it either.
Old 05-09-2016, 07:35 PM   #12830
ProfPacker

How Do You Identify?:
butch/MOC
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy/hym/hys but in circumstances like work and some other places she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 4,816 Times in 1,187 Posts
ProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST Reputation

thanks all for the support.

Got my second message to my work/school account. He can't do anything to me, I have tenure and am well respected at the college, ironically enough, I disguarded my files two months ago. I am going to use the Freedom of Information Act to get my employee file from the agency that I worked for. His last message today indicated that he wanted to confront my performance, unhandiness and total lack of integrity but I left before he go do it. As he said "mission accomplished" and then ended it with "now, a nice sunny afternoon to enjoy a walk in the park...."

I spoke to my boss at my current job and she stated that since he is harassing me at my work place I need to inform the College which I plan to do tomorrow.

I am going to look on thumb drives to see if I have the info.
ProfPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ProfPacker For This Useful Post:
Old 05-11-2016, 10:15 AM   #12831
Gayandgray

How Do You Identify?:
Femme-ish, tomboy lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Together a really long time

Thanked 12,910 Times in 3,079 Posts
Gayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST Reputation

All this crap going on at work. If things had worked out like I thought they were going too around Christmas, I would have my live-in sitter for my spouse and I could be working someplace else by now. However, that did not work out and I guess I just need to focus on the present and what I can do to keep from falling apart. If it wasn't for my spouse being sick, I would have quit that toxic job long ago. But I can't let it consume me, I have to take a deep breath and deal with it.
Old 05-11-2016, 11:38 AM   #12832
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,403 Times in 6,875 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

How when it rains it pours..

Figuratively and literally
Old 05-11-2016, 11:59 AM   #12833
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Thanked 20,325 Times in 5,678 Posts
Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation
Default On my mind

My oldest kitty, we went to the vet today. She got steriods, eyedrops and weighed. She lost 1.5 lbs in two weeks. The vet said she is now on hospice.

My dear old friend and companion is now on hospice. That sucks.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 05-11-2016, 02:42 PM   #12834
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,690 Times in 7,716 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
My oldest kitty, we went to the vet today. She got steriods, eyedrops and weighed. She lost 1.5 lbs in two weeks. The vet said she is now on hospice.

My dear old friend and companion is now on hospice. That sucks.
Oh Chad....YES it does!!! Sends you & old friend gentlest of hugs & ear scratches.....you are in my heart my friend!!!
Old 05-11-2016, 05:10 PM   #12835
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Thanked 20,325 Times in 5,678 Posts
Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by clay View Post
Oh Chad....YES it does!!! Sends you & old friend gentlest of hugs & ear scratches.....you are in my heart my friend!!!
Thank you Clay, I am having a hard time with this path.
Chad
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 05-11-2016, 05:18 PM   #12836
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,401 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

Wondering how long this physical healing business is going to take on my ole body. I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR THIS CRAP

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 05-11-2016, 09:40 PM   #12837
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,958 Times in 13,923 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

How much i miss believing in God. I want to believe in something but I just can't figure out what that is.
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 05-11-2016, 10:16 PM   #12838
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,690 Times in 7,716 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Thank you Clay, I am having a hard time with this path.
Chad
YVW. I totally understand.....just know you aren't alone.....
Old 05-13-2016, 02:50 PM   #12839
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Lil Guy was found today, across the street from the nest by 3 young women who refused to give up on him.

He is now at CROW. The statement from CROW reads:

A juvenile American bald eagle “strongly believed” to be E8 was found in critical condition near the Southwest Florida Eagle Cam on Friday, the Clinic for the Rehabilitation of Wildlife said.

“The eagle arrived thin, dehydrated and very weak,” the agency said in a statement.

The eagle, which sustained a broken right leg, will be operated on during the weekend, then remain on strict cage rest, CROW said.

“The prognosis is guarded and CROW veterinarians will have more information after surgery is complete to repair the broken femur,” the agency said.

This is one tough lil fucker. Let's hope he has one more rally left in him.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2016, 03:37 PM   #12840
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Quote:

Lil Guy was found today, across the street from the nest by 3 young women who refused to give up on him.

He is now at CROW. The statement from CROW reads:

A juvenile American bald eagle “strongly believed” to be E8 was found in critical condition near the Southwest Florida Eagle Cam on Friday, the Clinic for the Rehabilitation of Wildlife said.

“The eagle arrived thin, dehydrated and very weak,” the agency said in a statement.

The eagle, which sustained a broken right leg, will be operated on during the weekend, then remain on strict cage rest, CROW said.

“The prognosis is guarded and CROW veterinarians will have more information after surgery is complete to repair the broken femur,” the agency said.

This is one tough lil fucker. Let's hope he has one more rally left in him.

Lil Guy had surgery today to insert a pin in the fractured femur. He tolerated surgery well. There were no complications. He remains in critical care. Next update expected on Monday.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post: