Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 06-03-2010, 04:41 PM   #21
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,773 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
Ok. So I have a question. This summer, when I finally head out to L.A., I'm gonna take Bobcat (16 yr old who has FeLV and hates being in the carrier but will be quiet once in motion) with me on the plane into the cabin. I'm curious if anyone else has taken a cat with them on a plane (or small dog).

Oh, wait. Second question: did you have to take the animal out of the carrier when going through TSA? (I'm talking about domestic flights, not cross border).
I haven't traveled by air with an animal, but I've seen one lady bring her Chihuahua on a flight once. I don't know if it was well traveled, drugged, too old to care or just lazy, but the pup slept the entire 5, almost 6 hour flight. She put the pup under a seat (had a tiny carrier), but I didn't think to ask how she got the pup through security. I can imagine the Xray should take care of it though.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 06:35 PM   #22
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,619 Times in 3,976 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

the old pound dog is resting in isolation. How pitiful he is. So emaciated. He came to the pound because his mistress died and her out of state daughter didnt want to be bothered by him. He is so tired and weary. I am amazed at how easy he is to deal with..so compliant. No fight in him, or left in him. He goes to the vet, and then to the groomer.

The new newf from the breeder is a different story. He is a BEAUTIFUL sweet loving dog, but he was used as breeding dog and thus has alot of marking issues. I am trying my best to break him of it but am told because he is 10, this is now learned behavior and might not work. I am talking with the breeder and some other newf people...cross your fingers!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2010, 12:45 PM   #23
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

I had to make a difficult decision. With his marking as bad as it is, and being told even if we neutered him, it might not stop, I have decided to return Dawson back to his breeder. She had said she would neuter him before I got him but she did not. Even after neutering it takes 30 to 90 days for the hormones to level off. I dont have 90 days of scrubbing and mopping in me. So, he is going back.

The Old Man Max is doing wonderful. He is chipper today, bouncing around when I came downstairs to get him this morning. He is completely housebroken much to my suprise. He is a different dog than the one I picked up from the pound yesterday...

and Old Story, my 14 year old newfie girl is doing great. I have made sure she is getting all the attention she needs from me...
The Following User Says Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2010, 01:04 PM   #24
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,264 Posts
Bit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST Reputation

softness, I confess that when I read last night about the marking my heart just quailed inside my chest... I could never deal with that!! The second day we were babysitting Deagan, Trooper marked the bag of dogfood and I about came unglued! Thanks be the dogfood bag is plasticized because I couldn't have afforded to replace it that week if the urine had soaked through.

Anyhow, I'm sorry you couldn't keep Dawson.

How cool that your Old Man Max has settled in so quickly! There goes your house, working its magic on him. Yaaay!
Bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 04:59 PM   #25
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Bit...I have had a heavy heart ever since I made this decision but I know its the right one. I cannot tolerate this marking. I have been running from room to room with upholstry cleaner, rug cleaner, vinegar and special pet enzyme shampoo. I just cant keep doing this! He is such a sweet boy...and I wish I could keep him but lets face it...there are limits to my tolerance of any dog. I was told he would be neutered and he wasnt. Now I am dealing with a stud dog who doesnt know he needs to stop the stud business.

Old Max, on the other hand, is doing just wonderful! He is, we found out, completely housebroken, knows how to shake hands and lay down, and is an excellent watch dog. He has eaten a whole can of wet food...he cant eat the dry stuff..it falls out of his mouth. My guess is he has dental problems and thats why he is so thin. He loves being outside, loves taking walks (short ones, as he is VERY arthritic) and loves being hugged. My daughter has fallen in love with him and vice versa. I am so glad we rescued him! He is the best little suprise!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2010, 05:48 PM   #26
Liam

How Do You Identify?:
Guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His

Thanked 6,909 Times in 1,862 Posts
Liam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Ok. So I have a question. This summer, when I finally head out to L.A., I'm gonna take Bobcat (16 yr old who has FeLV and hates being in the carrier but will be quiet once in motion) with me on the plane into the cabin. I'm curious if anyone else has taken a cat with them on a plane (or small dog).

Oh, wait. Second question: did you have to take the animal out of the carrier when going through TSA? (I'm talking about domestic flights, not cross border).
Max, my min poodle has traveled by plane several times, however it was all pre-911. At that time, I had to purchase a ticket for him, just like I would if he were a human being. He had to remain in his carrier, which was placed under the seat in front of me, during the flight. In order to board the plane, a certificate of health was required—the vet basically gave him a check-up and certified that he was free of disease or pests. Your airline's web site should have all of the specific requirements about traveling with a pet. Best of luck to both of you!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Liam For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2010, 06:37 AM   #27
christie

How Do You Identify?:
A Force with which to be reckoned
Preferred Pronoun?:
just be nice...
Relationship Status:
I call her Mine

Thanked 2,476 Times in 706 Posts
christie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputation

Jen-ny is home and I must admit that its been a trying couple of days. She is SO very timid and afraid. I know that part of it is just adjustment and that I can't humanize her and project that "oh poor pitiful you baby" energy on her. I have never had a dog, even with all ours being rescues, that just shut down and I am trying to not let my frustration/ignorance of dealing with this type of behavior get the best of me.

Caesar and his books and shows have been very helpful and I know that I need to be reconditioned as much as she.

She is showing great improvement and I am trying to be everso patient. That is so hard for me - I have the patience of a gnat!

Jess just loves her and she is becoming more comfortable with our boys. We are quickly becoming the schnauzer walking parade in our lil town - most folks here have never seen Giants and are always stopping us with the "Whut kinda dog is THAT?" LOL

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend with their babies!
christie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to christie For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2010, 11:51 AM   #28
Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
pervert butch feminist woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

Thanked 7,656 Times in 1,522 Posts
Toughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST Reputation

A public service announcement:

Please spay or neuter your pets, no matter their age. There is no reason for not doing this.......none.
I will not assimilate

Toughy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Toughy For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2010, 12:38 PM   #29
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toughy View Post
A public service announcement:

Please spay or neuter your pets, no matter their age. There is no reason for not doing this.......none.
"Because my dog would make such cute puppies" <----hate that one!

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 12:54 PM   #30
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam View Post
Max, my min poodle has traveled by plane several times, however it was all pre-911. At that time, I had to purchase a ticket for him, just like I would if he were a human being. He had to remain in his carrier, which was placed under the seat in front of me, during the flight. In order to board the plane, a certificate of health was required—the vet basically gave him a check-up and certified that he was free of disease or pests. Your airline's web site should have all of the specific requirements about traveling with a pet. Best of luck to both of you!

How did he handle the flight?

And I've been to the airline's site but they do not mention what TSA does. Maybe their site will have something.

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 12:59 PM   #31
Liam

How Do You Identify?:
Guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His

Thanked 6,909 Times in 1,862 Posts
Liam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
How did he handle the flight?

And I've been to the airline's site but they do not mention what TSA does. Maybe their site will have something.
Max handled it quite well, no "accidents," in the kennel; he would have preferred to be seated on my lap, but he survived.

This link might help you, apparently Bob has been moonlighting as a model!

http://www.bringfido.com/travel/us_regulations/

Even though it says Fido, it is about pets....

http://www.catchannel.com/care/travel/article_5364.aspx
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Liam For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2010, 08:30 PM   #32
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,264 Posts
Bit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by christie0918 View Post
Jen-ny is home and I must admit that its been a trying couple of days. She is SO very timid and afraid. I know that part of it is just adjustment and that I can't humanize her and project that "oh poor pitiful you baby" energy on her.
I made that mistake with Trooper and my friend made that mistake with Deagan. BELIEVE me, they both took full advantage of us too! I caught on pretty quick with Troop because he got cocky, obnoxious, and willful, but it was a lot harder to figure it out with Deagan because he milked that "poor pitiful frightened abused baby" thing for all he was worth.

His soulful puppy eyes are killer, just killer; it's very nearly impossible to avoid giving him whatever he's angling for when he pulls them on you... and of course what he wants is to be the adored center of attention. He may not be left out of ANYTHING... which really limited her on things like going to the grocery store. I think she got it dealt with, but it would have been better if she could have avoided spoiling him to begin with.

Which is the very long way round to saying, stay strong and don't give in! You're doing the right thing.
Bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 06:12 AM   #33
christie

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
just be nice...
Relationship Status:
I call her Mine

christie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bit View Post
I made that mistake with Trooper and my friend made that mistake with Deagan. BELIEVE me, they both took full advantage of us too! I caught on pretty quick with Troop because he got cocky, obnoxious, and willful, but it was a lot harder to figure it out with Deagan because he milked that "poor pitiful frightened abused baby" thing for all he was worth.

His soulful puppy eyes are killer, just killer; it's very nearly impossible to avoid giving him whatever he's angling for when he pulls them on you... and of course what he wants is to be the adored center of attention. He may not be left out of ANYTHING... which really limited her on things like going to the grocery store. I think she got it dealt with, but it would have been better if she could have avoided spoiling him to begin with.

Which is the very long way round to saying, stay strong and don't give in! You're doing the right thing.
Thanks, Bit, for the encouragement. I *know* that I am doing the right thing even though it really breaks my heart every time I have to drag her part way through the house to go potty.

It has gotten better each time - first time, I literally had to drag her all the way to the door, out it and part way into the yard. Last night, the drag was only a couple of feet.

The funniest thing is watching Max, the old lil guy, think that she is Samson. He and Samson had some dominance issues, even though they know who is really running the show, that we have had to work through. Max won't even LOOK at Jenny! And even though all the experts seem to say that dogs dont have the feelings and emotions we do, I don't buy it when Max refuses to even look at us when he is mad about another dog in the house. He is so haughty and its quite funny.
Old 06-06-2010, 06:26 AM   #34
Billy

How Do You Identify?:
Billy~
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr Princess ~
Relationship Status:
Married April 20 2013

Thanked 3,866 Times in 1,051 Posts
Billy Has the BEST ReputationBilly Has the BEST ReputationBilly Has the BEST ReputationBilly Has the BEST ReputationBilly Has the BEST ReputationBilly Has the BEST ReputationBilly Has the BEST ReputationBilly Has the BEST ReputationBilly Has the BEST ReputationBilly Has the BEST ReputationBilly Has the BEST Reputation

When I woke up , I couldn't find baby maddy (kitten) I was calling all over the house . Then I heard this very faint meow , it sounded like it was coming from behind the fridge ....So I started to pull the fridge out and I pulled the door open , she wasn't behind the fridge , she was in it !!!!!!!
Billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 06:29 AM   #35
christie

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
just be nice...
Relationship Status:
I call her Mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy View Post
When I woke up , I couldn't find baby maddy (kitten) I was calling all over the house . Then I heard this very faint meow , it sounded like it was coming from behind the fridge ....So I started to pull the fridge out and I pulled the door open , she wasn't behind the fridge , she was in it !!!!!!!
I know this isnt funny - but it kinda is!

We had two rescue kitties for almost a year. Eddie was SO helpful in everything we did - laundry? He was in the dryer. Fridge? He was right up in it. Oven? He wanted to peek and wound up with singed whiskers!

Glad you found your baby and she wasn't a kitty-scicle!
The Following User Says Thank You to christie For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2010, 06:38 AM   #36
NJFemmie

How Do You Identify?:
The original lime-twisted femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
I answer to most things, especially lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Still loving my Mare ;)

3 Highscores

Thanked 11,425 Times in 2,978 Posts
NJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST Reputation
Default May I present .... Maxwell Smartypants

Mare brought home little Maxwell Smartypants Friday night, and he adjusted to his new home almost immediately. Since Friday night, he's been working on establishing a relationship with his big brother Ember, who is "trying" to tolerate having a kitten in the house. It's been a bit rocky, but we've seen some improvements.

We're both very pleased with his personality - he's very friendly, social, receptive and extremely laid back and mellow. He likes to be around us. The people at the animal shelter described him as the opposite, but then again, I really don't think they know what they're talking about. (They originally presented us a little black kitten who they claimed was sweet and gentle, but was actually a little meanie monster, lol) He is a little stubborn though, he wants what he wants when he wants it, and well, that's exactly how Mare is, lol. (This is going to be fun.)

We decided to call him Maxwell (Smartypants) since that's the name he seemed to have answered to when we were throwing out a plethora of possible names. It suits him since he's a very smart and clever kitten, but tends to hit his head a lot, lol. (He's still at that baby kitty-clumsy stage - his stealth abilities are flawless, but we're discussing on how to refine his finesse. ) He's been killing us with cuteness since he arrived. He's quite the character.

NJFemmie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NJFemmie For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2010, 06:45 AM   #37
NJFemmie

How Do You Identify?:
The original lime-twisted femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
I answer to most things, especially lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Still loving my Mare ;)

3 Highscores

Thanked 11,425 Times in 2,978 Posts
NJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy View Post

Ember tries to jump in the fridge every time we open it. With the old fridge, you could close the door with him in it, but with this new one, there's no way to accidentally shut him in.

My Shaolyn used to like to climb into open drawers when you weren't looking. One night, she crawled into a large drawer (one of the big ones found under a platform bed) - and her little meows alerted me to her whereabouts, lol. You would think that after being stuck in a drawer for God knows how long would have stopped her - but no. I'd have to do a drawer check before I closed it. She was a slippery little puss.

NJFemmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 09:34 AM   #38
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
I haven't traveled by air with an animal, but I've seen one lady bring her Chihuahua on a flight once. I don't know if it was well traveled, drugged, too old to care or just lazy, but the pup slept the entire 5, almost 6 hour flight. She put the pup under a seat (had a tiny carrier), but I didn't think to ask how she got the pup through security. I can imagine the Xray should take care of it though.

I take my toy poodle on flights and under the seat. Most small dogs that go with owners all the time are use to being crated or contained. Mine sleeps too.

If I needed to bring my larger dogs I would just drive. I couldnt put them in freight.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2010, 09:58 AM   #39
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Dawson, the big newf, was thrilled to be home with his buddies again. He couldnt wait to get in the door. So much for my ego! I was all sad and feeling guilty for returning him and he wasnt even looking back! Chuckling... the kennel owner was grateful I came to a quick conclusion and said it showed I had his best interest at heart. She told me she would adopt another dog out to me anyday. Of course, I have adopted two other of her dogs over the years, so I have a good history with her

Old Max is basking in the sun right now. He is eating well, loves to do a tiny bit of play (again, he is still weak and his back legs are really bad) and would sit for hours to be petter. Once he gets the vet ok, and shows he can be around Story without problem, he can come out of quaranteene and join us in the house.

it is so hard to foster a dog, especially one with so much unknown about him. I dont know if Max has had any shots, ever! Did he have a rabies shot? Was he on heartworm meds? My guess is probably not, as his missus was a poor woman and her house was likened to a hoarder's house. One small path to walk thru horrible messes and boxes and filth and junk. Her heart might have been true to the dog but I doubt he was vetted...
The Following User Says Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2010, 11:07 AM   #40
christie

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
just be nice...
Relationship Status:
I call her Mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by softness View Post
Dawson, the big newf, was thrilled to be home with his buddies again. He couldnt wait to get in the door. So much for my ego! I was all sad and feeling guilty for returning him and he wasnt even looking back! Chuckling... the kennel owner was grateful I came to a quick conclusion and said it showed I had his best interest at heart. She told me she would adopt another dog out to me anyday. Of course, I have adopted two other of her dogs over the years, so I have a good history with her

Old Max is basking in the sun right now. He is eating well, loves to do a tiny bit of play (again, he is still weak and his back legs are really bad) and would sit for hours to be petter. Once he gets the vet ok, and shows he can be around Story without problem, he can come out of quaranteene and join us in the house.

it is so hard to foster a dog, especially one with so much unknown about him. I dont know if Max has had any shots, ever! Did he have a rabies shot? Was he on heartworm meds? My guess is probably not, as his missus was a poor woman and her house was likened to a hoarder's house. One small path to walk thru horrible messes and boxes and filth and junk. Her heart might have been true to the dog but I doubt he was vetted...
I know what you mean about the unknown vetting. Even with Sookie (the re-named Jenny) having been in rescue/foster, she hasn't had nearly all the shots she should have and I know that her first visit with our vet will include bordatella, canine influenza, distemper, parvo, blah blah blah. Because we board our dogs when we travel, our vet requires boosters even on the "puppy" shots. A $120 grooming will be at least $300 by the time she has all the vaccines.

On the brighter side of things, she is doing SO much better. This morning, there was no drag thru the house to walk and while I was getting ready, she alternated between Jess and I for love - without us proding her! I am so hopeful that she will be the big ole social girl very soon.

I haven't heard her make a noise yet - and schnauzers are famous for their "rooooo-roooooing" - chatty critters that they are. I am sure that it will be like when my son was a baby - couldn't wait for his first words and now I have visions of ball gags and duct tape LOL.