Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 06-08-2011, 04:00 AM   #181
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Female/Lesbian/half the athlete I used to be
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,168 Posts
Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation

That was a great post to read early in the morning Greco.

I too, try not to complain. Instead I prefer to focus on what I have.

Maybe my vision isn't what it used to be, but can still see those beautiful sun rises....

Maybe my car is ten years old, but at least I have a car.....

crummy food poisons you and the way you think. I'm convinced of that. In addition to the toxic foods, I try very hard to avoid the toxic people. OMG!
That can wear me down very quickly.

I make green tea in a mason jar while I am work. I put two bags in the jar, screw down the lid and sit it in the sun. Then when I come home, I have fresh tea (one for my evening drink and one for my thermos to go to work) it's concentrated so to speak in the mason jar.
I also buy the green tea in decaf, and almost always (i am a plain eater) no sweetner required.

I'm finally returning to normal after my too much sun stuff over the weekend. Thats good. I need to grocery shop and stock up with good things. I love grocery shopping ALMOST as much as I love clothes shopping.

Life is what you make of it. I prefer to enjoy my time here. I feel baddly for people who can't seem to find joy in life. I really do.

Well, Have a great day. thanks for the nice words.

As long as there was coffee in the world, how bad could things be??

Last edited by Dominique; 06-08-2011 at 04:03 AM. Reason: typing without bifocals, i hate those things
Dominique is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2011, 05:29 PM   #182
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation

Jackpot at the grocery store. More and more selection of veggies and fruits. I scored on a cantoloupe. I just made a dinner green drink, nothing different than I'd do for my morning shake.

A bananna
1/4 cantoloupe
a cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk
finished the bagged spinach
frozen berries
cherries
flax seed
about 6 ice cubes

It was good!

Now, I cleaned up the cherries and froze them, I bought some kale (its important to change your greens around, different vitamins and minerals) if your new to kale, be forewarned it has a very distinct taste, so go easy on it at first. You can also substitute the almond milk for yogurt (yogurt has a little more protein). I love using the tops of celery in these green smoothies. If you find these are too bland, and you're tempted to sweeten them, use pineapple.
Lots of fiber in pineapple.

Fiber is a wonderful way to loose weight, not to mention, its good for you. Fruit and veggie shakes are fiber enriched already, you can add granola for more fiber. I'd experiment. You may not like the grittiness of the granola. Just keep in mind, if you are choking down these drinks, you most likely won't stick with this, so make them the way you like them and then start adding other things, your body will love you for this.

When I bring my treasures in from the stroe, I wash all of it and prepare (relatively speaking) so when it's 5 a.m. and my body is screaming feed me, I'm not cutting and cleaning a cantoloupe (for example) the fifteen minutes of time spent ahead of time is well worth it.

Enjoy the rest of your evening.......drink up!

ETA: I've noticed when I treat my body well, it rewards me with good sleep (I have a lifetime history of sleep issues) and when the two are working correctly, my coping skills are amazing. (serious!)

Last edited by Dominique; 06-08-2011 at 05:34 PM. Reason: important afterthought
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2011, 03:54 PM   #183
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
GNC, not Trans, REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Thanked 6,638 Times in 2,288 Posts
Greco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST Reputation
Default end of week

Its the end of my week in one job and I am done.
I am tired, not physically have plenty of energy and
will go on tonight to my second job.

I am tired of the bs. To see so clearly how clients
self-sabotage, and support them through self-awakening
if ever, no judgment, its simply not my way to be
co-dependent even if I am in a "helping" profession.

My heart is simply tired tonight. So, for dinner
my new comfort foods:

sauteed fennel
garlic
sesame oil
portabello mushrooms
broccolli
carrots

and miso soup

have a good evening everyone, Greco

"Me gusta andar, pero no sigo el camino pues lo seguro no tiene misterio." Facundo Cabral
Greco is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2011, 04:22 PM   #184
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Yes, I juiced today........for sure every day at least once.
I had the tops of the celery, cherries, home made applesauce plain yogurt (a scoop of whey), some grated ginger root and a few ice cubes. Nothing to strain.

You know what else I am liking, I grabbed one at GNC, that coconut water. Its refreshing and if you look up coconut water, it's a wonderful detox.

It's so darn humid here again. That made the coconut water taste even better. Sometimes water all day gets boring. I drink an awful lot of water. I'm going to have to boil water and make some quinoia.

I had a spinach salad for dinner. Baby spinache, red onion, hard boiled egg whites. I squeezed lemon juice over it. All while I was making it, I was eating those cherries. Good thing I froze some. They never last long around me.

I'm afraid to eat cucumbers still (after all the food poisoning was blamed on cukes)

well, enough from me........whats juicing with you all?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2011, 05:08 PM   #185
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

looking up miso soup

Old 06-09-2011, 09:13 PM   #186
Maria

How Do You Identify?:
Regular, with sugar

Thanked 1,335 Times in 501 Posts
Maria Has the BEST ReputationMaria Has the BEST ReputationMaria Has the BEST ReputationMaria Has the BEST ReputationMaria Has the BEST ReputationMaria Has the BEST ReputationMaria Has the BEST ReputationMaria Has the BEST ReputationMaria Has the BEST ReputationMaria Has the BEST ReputationMaria Has the BEST Reputation
Default today in juice

1 large beet
3 cloves garlic (I'm a garlic bully)
3 carrots
1 small sweet potato
3 stalks celery
lots of ginger

Warm weather means daily juicing. To ease back into juicing, I use heavier (and sweeter) root vegetables. Because of the sugar content, I mix it up (root vegetables with above ground vegetables) after the first few juices.
Maria is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Maria For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2011, 09:17 PM   #187
Maria

How Do You Identify?:
Regular, with sugar

Maria Has the BEST ReputationMaria Has the BEST ReputationMaria Has the BEST ReputationMaria Has the BEST ReputationMaria Has the BEST ReputationMaria Has the BEST ReputationMaria Has the BEST ReputationMaria Has the BEST ReputationMaria Has the BEST ReputationMaria Has the BEST ReputationMaria Has the BEST Reputation

I read that cucumbers got a bad rap and it was actually bean sprouts that were to blame for the food poisoning outbreak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow band View Post
Yes, I juiced today........for sure every day at least once.
I had the tops of the celery, cherries, home made applesauce plain yogurt (a scoop of whey), some grated ginger root and a few ice cubes. Nothing to strain.

You know what else I am liking, I grabbed one at GNC, that coconut water. Its refreshing and if you look up coconut water, it's a wonderful detox.

It's so darn humid here again. That made the coconut water taste even better. Sometimes water all day gets boring. I drink an awful lot of water. I'm going to have to boil water and make some quinoia.

I had a spinach salad for dinner. Baby spinache, red onion, hard boiled egg whites. I squeezed lemon juice over it. All while I was making it, I was eating those cherries. Good thing I froze some. They never last long around me.

I'm afraid to eat cucumbers still (after all the food poisoning was blamed on cukes)

well, enough from me........whats juicing with you all?
The Following User Says Thank You to Maria For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2011, 03:56 AM   #188
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria View Post
I read that cucumbers got a bad rap and it was actually bean sprouts that were to blame for the food poisoning outbreak.

Good to know! I grow my own bean sprouts in a window planter box, they are quick and easy. I always have them.

Sure makes me wonder how bean sprous were carrying that nasty disease, unless it was the soil....(uuugh, I don't want to think about that)

Thanks for the info.

Old 06-10-2011, 06:31 AM   #189
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Greco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST Reputation
Default Sun

What a difference rest from negativity makes! The Sun was gorgeous this morning and I feel myself again

So this morning's juicing:

dandelion greens
lemon
kale
celery
apple

delicious! cool and energizing

BTW E.Coli comes from cow manure or other animal's manure

I just don't buy that sprouts and cucumbers contain manure
unless they're being washed with the contaminated water from
the factory farm next door

Off for a long hot run have a great day everyone!

Greco

"Me gusta andar, pero no sigo el camino pues lo seguro no tiene misterio." Facundo Cabral
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2011, 07:42 AM   #190
Maria

How Do You Identify?:
Regular, with sugar

Hi there, Greco.

From what I've read, the e.coli was likely in the seeds.

If you google GMO and e.coli, there's lots of info.

3,000 people have been made ill and 30 have died from the outbreak in Germany.

Of course, If you grow your own, using trustworthy seed sources, no worries.

http://www.biofortified.org/2011/06/...gene-transfer/

Last edited by Maria; 06-10-2011 at 07:44 AM. Reason: added link
Old 06-10-2011, 02:49 PM   #191
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Default genetically modified organism and e.coli

Key words you've given us Maria is GMO (genetically
modified organism and e. coli) so they've figured out a way to destroy Nature's most precious beginnings, the seed. Imagine that.

I won't get into it further here except to say that gmo's are present in our highly processed industrial food complex, here in the States they've gotten away with not labeling them so not the same in other countries ie., europe, asia, etc

What to do? Buy and eat organic whenever possible, and clean all veggies meats etc well before cooking.

One last thing to consider when researching these topics or any I would say is know who is giving you the info

Like, what do you think a gmo funded media would tell you?

Thanks Maria for your links for people to check out

Greco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria View Post
Hi there, Greco.

From what I've read, the e.coli was likely in the seeds.

If you google GMO and e.coli, there's lots of info.

3,000 people have been made ill and 30 have died from the outbreak in Germany.

Of course, If you grow your own, using trustworthy seed sources, no worries.

http://www.biofortified.org/2011/06/...gene-transfer/

Old 06-10-2011, 03:07 PM   #192
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Default Dr Shiva an activist for her country and the planet

FYI:

one hour in-depth learning

sad but true

Greco

The Following User Says Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2011, 03:14 PM   #193
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Default Food, Inc trailer

The documentary "Food, Inc" for those interested

you can find it on youtube

Greco

The Following User Says Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2011, 04:25 PM   #194
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

I worked too long, didn't eat enough and have a low grade head ache.....

I have to whip up a green shake....be back shortly

The Following User Says Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2011, 04:57 PM   #195
Maria

How Do You Identify?:
Regular, with sugar

Re. Europe and GMOs -- I may be wrong about this but I read (in a "non-GMO funded" source I can't recall right now) that organic farms in Europe may purchase and use GMO seeds just as conventional farms do. So in practice, while the organic process may protect vegetables from acquiring topical e.coli, the seed may already be contaminated by GMO injection methods.

Food, Inc. is a great flick. Another good resource to look at is Michael Pollan's writing, especially Omnivore's Dilemma and In Defense of Food. He has lots of smart stuff to say about genetic engineering, the food industrial complex, it's origins in politics, what it's done to the American way of eating, and the havoc it's wreaked on our health. I really can't recommend his books enough.

Sorry for the derail-ishness.

I'd like to write more but I have to run while I'm still motivated.
Old 06-10-2011, 05:06 PM   #196
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Thats not a derail, thats great information that we (those that read this thread) would like to know about. Thank you for posting it.

Hope you had a great run.

Greco, did you havea great half day off?

Old 06-10-2011, 05:45 PM   #197
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Default long run

Today's long run was intense hot humid

I happen to do well in this type of heat
but not in running so late

In any case did my run with tons of H2O

then came home and made after work out
smoothie:

protein powder
berry powder
Kale
carrots
apple
lemon
tofu

Tonight having more H2O with lemon

Have a good evening everyone

Greco

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2011, 05:42 AM   #198
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

I cooked quinoa, (chopped veggie infused) so I have some food to eat and take with me this week end. Will be living out of my small cooler again (if the weather cooperates) Heavy storms again last night, we are supposed to Dragon boat race at 10:00...we won't if the river is wicked.

Anyhow, on to all things green.

I made my base smoothie, that is always a bananna, and frozen berries of some sort and a few ice cubes. Plain yogurt or unsweetened almond milk. Today it was the almond milk. Today I used cilantro and I chopped a gala apple, skin and all (just not the core) I wanted the fiber.....and I added a spoonful of bee pollen. The shake was delicious.

Cilantro is slightly sweet. It's full of iron (but not constipating i/e like iron in a vitamin) and has anti inflamation qualities. B pollen. The oriental folks swear by this. In the powder form, not the vitamin. They claim its a super food. When you consider one bee will visit 240 plants gathering assorted pollens, then shed the pollen upon entering the bee's nest, thats how bee pollen is collected.....it is loaded with the B vitamins and is wonderful for your immunity. Now, I am allergic to Bee stings but am not allergic to B pollen. It's pricey but using it a teaspoon at a time.....it lasts a long time.
a teasoon will not add *grit* to your shake.

Just some info about things you may want to add to your shakes.

I made a shake to take with me for later. I put it into a stainless steel LLbean thermos a 10 ounce slim one. It's in the freezer right now, with out the lid. It will become slushy by the time I am ready to leave. I'll screw down the thermos plug and pack it with bottles of h20, also in freezer to be cold(er) common sense, I appologize if I am *preaching* (something I was once accused of some other place). So, getting to my point. I'll consume the thermos shake for lunch around noon.....They don't reccomend you pre make your shakes too far in advance. I'll eat the quinoa later in the afternoon with some cut up cantoloupe and an orange
that I sliced in 4 (just easier to eat while out playing)

Hope everyone has a great day......an extra wave to Greco who has to work all day!

Juice up folks, your body will love you for it.

YB

Last edited by Dominique; 06-11-2011 at 05:46 AM. Reason: typing without bifocals/ can you say VAIN?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2011, 09:16 AM   #199
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Default gray gray working all day

Hi Veggie People,

Up this am at 4am I know early even for me

pre work out smoothie:

protein powder
banana
frozen strawberries
some green juice
frozen from yesterday

off I went to my run gray morning
humid running alone thankfully
felt really quiet this morning

ran as in a meditation
must have been the gray skies

back home H2O w/lemon

then about 8am post work out
smoothie:

banana
frozen spinach
berry powder
green veggie powder
Vit C
Vit D3
tofu

for lunch I'll have green juicy juice

kale
celery
dandelion greens
cilantro
lemon
fennel (a bit)

YB yes on the bee pollen and hope your races
go on though the weather doesn't look so hot
have a great time out there

preaching? naw, your just sharing some pretty
vital and terrific information keep it coming!

returning to work after this break

really I think I must find another career one
that is more about using my body like farming?

anyway this sedentary stuff is for the birds
and they're always flying so until I find something
different have to get back to my paperwork

Have a great day Veggie People, and you YB
Its great reading your posts

Greco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow band View Post
I cooked quinoa, (chopped veggie infused) so I have some food to eat and take with me this week end. Will be living out of my small cooler again (if the weather cooperates) Heavy storms again last night, we are supposed to Dragon boat race at 10:00...we won't if the river is wicked.

Anyhow, on to all things green.

I made my base smoothie, that is always a bananna, and frozen berries of some sort and a few ice cubes. Plain yogurt or unsweetened almond milk. Today it was the almond milk. Today I used cilantro and I chopped a gala apple, skin and all (just not the core) I wanted the fiber.....and I added a spoonful of bee pollen. The shake was delicious.

Cilantro is slightly sweet. It's full of iron (but not constipating i/e like iron in a vitamin) and has anti inflamation qualities. B pollen. The oriental folks swear by this. In the powder form, not the vitamin. They claim its a super food. When you consider one bee will visit 240 plants gathering assorted pollens, then shed the pollen upon entering the bee's nest, thats how bee pollen is collected.....it is loaded with the B vitamins and is wonderful for your immunity. Now, I am allergic to Bee stings but am not allergic to B pollen. It's pricey but using it a teaspoon at a time.....it lasts a long time.
a teasoon will not add *grit* to your shake.

Just some info about things you may want to add to your shakes.

I made a shake to take with me for later. I put it into a stainless steel LLbean thermos a 10 ounce slim one. It's in the freezer right now, with out the lid. It will become slushy by the time I am ready to leave. I'll screw down the thermos plug and pack it with bottles of h20, also in freezer to be cold(er) common sense, I appologize if I am *preaching* (something I was once accused of some other place). So, getting to my point. I'll consume the thermos shake for lunch around noon.....They don't reccomend you pre make your shakes too far in advance. I'll eat the quinoa later in the afternoon with some cut up cantoloupe and an orange
that I sliced in 4 (just easier to eat while out playing)

Hope everyone has a great day......an extra wave to Greco who has to work all day!

Juice up folks, your body will love you for it.

YB

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2011, 09:43 AM   #200
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,719 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

greco (and others), where do you buy your powders and other items that are not fruit?

and: what equipment do you use to do your juicing?

If someone was coming from never having juiced (like me), what would any of you recommend as the basics to get started?

I have such a hard time starting new things and really need to get my mind around the idea that I can do it!
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post: