Old 04-27-2011, 02:48 PM   #21
turasultana

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
spoken for

turasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputation

Queer Femme

that's what fits me best.
turasultana is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to turasultana For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2011, 03:11 PM   #22
Heart

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
rainbows!

Thanked 2,531 Times in 412 Posts
Heart Has the BEST ReputationHeart Has the BEST ReputationHeart Has the BEST ReputationHeart Has the BEST ReputationHeart Has the BEST ReputationHeart Has the BEST ReputationHeart Has the BEST ReputationHeart Has the BEST ReputationHeart Has the BEST ReputationHeart Has the BEST ReputationHeart Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz View Post
I don't date straight women, either; I have little in common with them, too. It's been interesting trying to convey that to straight women (at dating sites) who contact me for a walk on the down-low.

Being a lesbian is NOT just about who I desire sexually, it's also a world view born of a lived experience as not straight, bi, trans~, etc.. A shared world view/commonality of experience is what adds to the intimacy for me.
Chazz - Contact you for a "walk" on the DL? Wow. How objectifying. *shakes head*

I was gonna say what Chazz said here, not about str8 women - lol, but that being a lesbian is more than my romantic/erotic/sexual orientation. It's about the community and history I resonate with, the issues & politics I embrace, its part of my identity.

Heart
Heart is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Heart For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2011, 03:56 PM   #23
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,366 Times in 4,171 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

i am culturally a lesbian too, but it's such a generational thing. Young dykes do not know the history, musicians, and books i do -- for the most part. i do not know their references.

i was on chat a while ago, and several of us older dykes were made to feel like fossils when the younguns had never heard of Rubyfruit Jungle.

i do have shared life and cultural experiences that make me a lesbian, but mostly with other lesbians of my generation.
Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 04:00 PM   #24
wolfbittenpoet

How Do You Identify?:
Typewriter Boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 1,578 Times in 402 Posts
wolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputation

Queerer then queer duck
Old 04-27-2011, 04:07 PM   #25
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Thanked 13,118 Times in 3,391 Posts
Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by turasultana View Post
Queer Femme

that's what fits me best.
What Tura said.
Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Soon For This Useful Post: