Old 06-01-2010, 05:34 PM   #41
Stoney

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Butch lesbian feminist Crone
Preferred Pronoun?:
Wicked Witch
Relationship Status:
happily content

Stoney Has the BEST ReputationStoney Has the BEST ReputationStoney Has the BEST ReputationStoney Has the BEST ReputationStoney Has the BEST ReputationStoney Has the BEST ReputationStoney Has the BEST ReputationStoney Has the BEST ReputationStoney Has the BEST ReputationStoney Has the BEST ReputationStoney Has the BEST Reputation

butch/lesbian/womon.....my vote...... ( and stone) but ya cant vote twice.....lol

all is covered for me!
Stoney is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2010, 06:11 PM   #42
Lady Pamela

How Do You Identify?:
A Lady..Femme..Free Spirit with a touch of survivalist woman in me.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Spiritual Warrior..She Ra..Baby Doll, or anything close..ha!
Relationship Status:
In perfect love and perfect trust I believe that will be directed..for now Just friends in my life.

1 Highscore

Location: Live in Utah but take trips to Arkansas. Plan to move there eventually.
Thanked 5,939 Times in 1,609 Posts
Lady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST Reputation

I am proudly FEMME LESBIAN.

But I also do some things that some consider not within that range:

Such as camping on a rougher style, using tools, wrestling very rough etc.

So I guess at times I am considered to have a lil tom-boi in me..lol

I just think it is a playful..creative twist in me...smiles

When negative thoughts come to mind,
Let them die stillborn.
Speak and do posotive in any situation,
And watch your dreams grow and flurish.
If you can't say anything posotive, Zip it up.
Do not give birth to that which you do not want to see grow.
See it, Believe it, Own it, Have it!
~*~ Lady Pamela ~*~
Lady Pamela is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lady Pamela For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2010, 06:54 PM   #43
Galahad

How Do You Identify?:
do I have to?
Relationship Status:
single

Galahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST Reputation

So, where is genderqueer? I was just getting used to it. Are we not using the term anymore? Gone the way of the dinosaurs? I forgot, third gendered is missing too.
Galahad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 06:55 PM   #44
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad View Post
So, where is genderqueer? I was just getting used to it. Are we not using the term anymore? Gone the way of the dinosaurs?

Added.

As I said, if I missed any please ask.

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 07:03 PM   #45
Melissa

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
married

Melissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Pamela View Post
I am proudly FEMME LESBIAN.

But I also do some things that some consider not within that range:

Such as camping on a rougher style, using tools, wrestling very rough etc.

So I guess at times I am considered to have a lil tom-boi in me..lol

I just think it is a playful..creative twist in me...smiles

Lady Pamela

I do not think gender ID determines likes and dislikes or actions. These types of limitations were used to justify why women couldn't vote or sit on juries or play sports just a few decades ago. It goes back to my earlier question of why do we even have gender IDs? What purpose do they serve both on a personal and a social level?

Melissa (a femme lesbian who loves to fish, buy power tools, is much more DIY handier than my butch, who doesn't paint her nails or wear make up or jewelry).
Melissa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Melissa For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2010, 07:15 PM   #46
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
So, where is genderqueer? I was just getting used to it. Are we not using the term anymore? Gone the way of the dinosaurs? I forgot, third gendered is missing too.
And other- gendered... but, the options do cover quite a bit.

Hummm.. how about non-gender-focused?

Last edited by AtLast; 06-01-2010 at 07:16 PM. Reason: stuff
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2010, 07:17 PM   #47
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLastHome View Post
And other- gendered... but, the options do cover quite a bit.

Hummm.. how about non-gender-focused?

There is a category (now in the middle) that lists: Other/No ID.

Old 06-01-2010, 07:26 PM   #48
Melissa

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
married

Melissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST Reputation

I've been thinking about this thread and tracing all the gender IDs I've had over the last 20 years. Here's my ID chain

Gay -> Lesbian -> Lesbian Femme -> stone femme...........

I've noticed that my ID seems to change along with Rufuboi's ID. I was just a plain ol lesbian femme when I met Rufusboi who ID'ed as a stone butch. What's a stone butch, I asked, when we first met. Rufusboi explained. What's a stone femme, I asked. Well, he thought it was a person who dated stone butches. So your now a stone femme, he said. Ok, cool.

Rufusboi is now transitioning and will be going on T. We talked about how he would ID. I asked him will you ID as male, a transman, a FTM. He decided he will ID as a transman. ok, cool.

So now I'm thinking I will change my ID again. Transfemme? Translesbian? Translesbianfemme? Translesbianstonefemme? gaylesbianstonetransfemme?

Oh how I wish for the days of just being gay!

Oh and let's not forget my neighbors think Rufusboi is my husband. It appears, we have just recently discovered, that we pass as a heterosexual couple. Who knew!!!! I'm leaving hetero out of the ID mix though, as its the one thing I've never envisioned myself.

Melissa [the hetero passing gaylesbianstonetransfemme]
Old 06-01-2010, 07:31 PM   #49
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

I have added one more. That is it. I cannot add more at this point. I was trying to accommodate as many different IDs as possible but I cannot add more. At this point, if your ID is not listed above, if you can, please choose other and mention here what it is.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2010, 07:36 PM   #50
Gayla
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky Butch Top
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm not picky
Relationship Status:
She makes me dance like a fool and forget how to breathe.

Thanked 7,078 Times in 1,966 Posts
Gayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa View Post
I've been thinking about this thread and tracing all the gender IDs I've had over the last 20 years.
This is why I just went with butch.

My chain is probably just as long but it started with butch and has gone through a bunch of different other things that are butch-related. When I think through all the links in my chain, I think I even confuse myself with some it! All of them have been important and many are still valid today but I can't say they will be tomorrow. I can say, with 99.1% certainty, that the butch part still will be though, so I picked it!
Gayla is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gayla For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2010, 07:40 PM   #51
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Hi Melissa

No snarkiness here, but a genuine question...why do you see your ID changing simply because your partner's ID changes? To me, that feels like the old Mrs. xyz...when a woman's identity, status, etc. was determined by her husband's.

I see the need for gender/ID, a way to describe ourselves...for expediency if nothing else. And let's face it...it's one of the first questions we ask when someone has a baby right? Oooooo....did they have a boy or a girl? It's one of the earliest ways we learn to identify the people in our world. I totally get that not everyone's gender/identity matches their genitals. I am all for everyone identifying themselves any way they feel best represents them.

I guess it just feels weird to me to identify who you are in relation to someone else. Can you talk more about this?

For me, I'm a woman first...lesbian femme second. That's who I am regardless of who I'm with....or if I'm single...or if I'm celibate.

I'd love to hear more about if this change was spurred by any changes within you...or if the changing ID (based on your partner's) inspired any changes in you...if you're willing to share, of course!

Quote:
I've been thinking about this thread and tracing all the gender IDs I've had over the last 20 years. Here's my ID chain

Gay -> Lesbian -> Lesbian Femme -> stone femme...........

I've noticed that my ID seems to change along with Rufuboi's ID. I was just a plain ol lesbian femme when I met Rufusboi who ID'ed as a stone butch. What's a stone butch, I asked, when we first met. Rufusboi explained. What's a stone femme, I asked. Well, he thought it was a person who dated stone butches. So your now a stone femme, he said. Ok, cool.

Rufusboi is now transitioning and will be going on T. We talked about how he would ID. I asked him will you ID as male, a transman, a FTM. He decided he will ID as a transman. ok, cool.

So now I'm thinking I will change my ID again. Transfemme? Translesbian? Translesbianfemme? Translesbianstonefemme? gaylesbianstonetransfemme?

Oh how I wish for the days of just being gay!

Oh and let's not forget my neighbors think Rufusboi is my husband. It appears, we have just recently discovered, that we pass as a heterosexual couple. Who knew!!!! I'm leaving hetero out of the ID mix though, as its the one thing I've never envisioned myself.

Melissa [the hetero passing gaylesbianstonetransfemme]
Old 06-01-2010, 08:00 PM   #52
Melissa

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
married

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJo View Post
Hi Melissa

No snarkiness here, but a genuine question...why do you see your ID changing simply because your partner's ID changes? To me, that feels like the old Mrs. xyz...when a woman's identity, status, etc. was determined by her husband's.

I see the need for gender/ID, a way to describe ourselves...for expediency if nothing else. And let's face it...it's one of the first questions we ask when someone has a baby right? Oooooo....did they have a boy or a girl? It's one of the earliest ways we learn to identify the people in our world. I totally get that not everyone's gender/identity matches their genitals. I am all for everyone identifying themselves any way they feel best represents them.

I guess it just feels weird to me to identify who you are in relation to someone else. Can you talk more about this?

For me, I'm a woman first...lesbian femme second. That's who I am regardless of who I'm with....or if I'm single...or if I'm celibate.

I'd love to hear more about if this change was spurred by any changes within you...or if the changing ID (based on your partner's) inspired any changes in you...if you're willing to share, of course!
Justjo - A lot of what I said is tongue- in- cheek. I don't think any of these words/IDs can fully express who we are in terms of biology, gender and sexuality.

If I had to pick one, it would be lesbian. Nothing else. Even partnered to a transman I still think of myself as a lesbian. In fact, I laughingly said to Rufusboi, you will be a transman married to a lesbian.

I am really wondering why we have all these gender IDs and what purpose they serve for us as individuals or as a larger community? We seem to argue about them more than anything else and we do not have one way of defining any of them.

Rufusboi picked transman after a lot of thought about how T will change him physically, how he thinks of himself in terms of gender, and also how he defines the terms male and FTM. Other people on this site define transman, male, and FTM totally differently than he does. I actually think he could easily adopt any of these terms to represent who he will be on T. He does not, he has a more set way of viewing and defining these terms. So my post above is more about how really effective are these terms?

Melissa [the anti-stepford wife]
The Following User Says Thank You to Melissa For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2010, 08:37 PM   #53
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

[QUOTE=Melissa;119861]Justjo - A lot of what I said is tongue- in- cheek. I don't think any of these words/IDs can fully express who we are in terms of biology, gender and sexuality.

If I had to pick one, it would be lesbian. Nothing else. Even partnered to a transman I still think of myself as a lesbian. In fact, I laughingly said to Rufusboi, you will be a transman married to a lesbian.

I am really wondering why we have all these gender IDs and what purpose they serve for us as individuals or as a larger community? We seem to argue about them more than anything else and we do not have one way of defining any of them. So you would negate all other gender labels but transman and lesbian? I mean if you are happy in your ID, why not give everyone who isn't lesbian or transman their due. As long as you are happy right?

Rufusboi picked transman after a lot of thought about how T will change him physically, how he thinks of himself in terms of gender, and also how he defines the terms male and FTM. Other people on this site define transman, male, and FTM totally differently than he does. I actually think he could easily adopt any of these terms to represent who he will be on T. He does not, he has a more set way of viewing and defining these terms. So my post above is more about how really effective are these terms?

The reason we have all these gender labels is because this is how this community see themselves. Each and every one of them need to be honored.
Corkey, the one who will honor everyone's ID even if he blows a gaskit.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2010, 08:45 PM   #54
Daryn
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
genderqueer leaning male
Preferred Pronoun?:
he/ze
Relationship Status:
open to persuasion.....

Daryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
I don't know if I'll get all the variations (let me know if I missed something and I'll try to add it) but I'm curious as to the breakdown of gender/sex IDs. (pure curiosity sake).

If I missed something, let me know.
OK... genderqueer guy (FTM does not fit for those of us not transitioning) .. I think genderqueer on its own probably goes more to third gender

And did I see androgynous in your list... just in case we have anyone...
Daryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 08:49 PM   #55
Daryn
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
genderqueer leaning male
Preferred Pronoun?:
he/ze
Relationship Status:
open to persuasion.....

Daryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkey View Post
Transgendered Male Id'd Butch Human, sorry it wasn't on your list.
I mostly like it but since I have an inner gay boy that gets expressed (except for who I partner with) I'd leave Butch out of that ID. But that's me.
Daryn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Daryn For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2010, 08:50 PM   #56
Melissa

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
married

[quote=Corkey;119877]
Quote:
Justjo - A lot of what I said is tongue- in- cheek. I don't think any of these words/IDs can fully express who we are in terms of biology, gender and sexuality.

I am really wondering why we have all these gender IDs and what purpose they serve for us as individuals or as a larger community? We seem to argue about them more than anything else and we do not have one way of defining any of them. So you would negate all other gender labels but transman and lesbian? I mean if you are happy in your ID, why not give everyone who isn't lesbian or transman their due. As long as you are happy right?

The reason we have all these gender labels is because this is how this community see themselves. Each and every one of them need to be honored.
Corkey, the one who will honor everyone's ID even if he blows a gaskit.

Corkey - I do not negate any IDs. Lesbian and transman are just two of many gender IDs. They do not warrant any more due than any other ID. To me, all Ids are equal. I think you misunderstood my post. It is very hard to communicate ideas and tone online.

Thanks for answering my question about why you think we have gender IDs.

Melissa
Old 06-01-2010, 09:11 PM   #57
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

[quote=Melissa;119888]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkey View Post

Corkey - I do not negate any IDs. Lesbian and transman are just two of many gender IDs. They do not warrant any more due than any other ID. To me, all Ids are equal. I think you misunderstood my post. It is very hard to communicate ideas and tone online.

Thanks for answering my question about why you think we have gender IDs.

Melissa
You're welcome, and yes trying to convey gender labels often gets muddled.

ETA: No one asked for more, due just equal due.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)

Last edited by Corkey; 06-01-2010 at 09:22 PM.
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 09:16 PM   #58
Galahad

How Do You Identify?:
do I have to?
Relationship Status:
single

Galahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST Reputation

I clicked genderqueer. I really have a hard time with all the labels, nothing fits exactly. I like what someone here said once, about being liminal, I feel like I'm in a hallway with my foot and hands pushing against as many doors at once as I can manage. Multi thresholds. Liminal queer is a better word for me than genderqueer.
Galahad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Galahad For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2010, 09:52 PM   #59
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Thanked 13,992 Times in 2,595 Posts
Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation
Default overthink

so i'm a bigender genderqueer queer lesbian femme woman.

I don't see queer and lesbian as fighting each other - I claim both.

though I consider bigender, genderqueer, femme and woman to all be gender IDs, I also don't feel like they conflict and I claim them all.

I'm going to choose bigender on this thing because nobody else has, and it's possible I'm the only one here (?). However, the full shabang is up there in lavender.

- Bjork

What is to give light must endure burning.

-Viktor Frankl
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nat For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2010, 09:55 PM   #60
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Thanked 13,992 Times in 2,595 Posts
Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I clicked genderqueer. I really have a hard time with all the labels, nothing fits exactly. I like what someone here said once, about being liminal, I feel like I'm in a hallway with my foot and hands pushing against as many doors at once as I can manage. Multi thresholds. Liminal queer is a better word for me than genderqueer.

liminal is such a lovely word.

- Bjork

What is to give light must endure burning.

-Viktor Frankl
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote