Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Politics And Law

Old 08-14-2010, 10:55 AM   #21
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,400 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boots13 View Post
Its a tough issue, really.

I dont want my rights limited. I want the option to carry (though surprisingly enough I dont) if and when I want to. I also want the public to have the means to protect themselves if and when a violent incident occurs.

And, I would rather know who is carrying by seeing it strapped in a retentive holster, rather than concealed under clothing or tucked in a waistband...

But Open Carry laws dont require a Concealed Permit.
You can strap it visibly to your hip, in a retentive holster, without concealing it and be protected under Open Carry with no training, certificationor license.

You must be 21
you cannot have been convicted of a felony, DV, addicted to drugs/alcohol or involuntarily committed to a mental institution.
there are a host of other "rules" one must follow.

And if you do have a permit, WA's Concealed Permit is recognized in these states : AK, AR, AZ, FL, ID, IN, KY, LA, MI, MS, MT, MO, NC, OH, OK, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT

And if youre a bad guy your going to carry no matter what, for whatever reason or intent you may have...

So I just have to assume that everyone is carrying.
Boots, isn't it true that although these states recognize CC not all states recognize each others CC permits. I'm thinking when a friend of mine got hers it didn't apply if she happened to be in SC or VA. I do see that SC isn't on your list so maybe it was just SC, not sure. Guess my question is for example if I have a CC permit in NC is it also applicable in the states you listed or does a person need one for each state they travel in?

BTW I agree we have to assume that everyone is armed

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2010, 11:05 AM   #22
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Thanked 13,118 Times in 3,391 Posts
Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post

BTW I agree we have to assume that everyone is armed
I think this is a sad way to live.

I cannot imagine walking around where I am from (Canada) assuming everyone is armed!

What a difference in countries.

So, when you are out and about, you presume everyone has a gun?

Doesn't that make for a fearful time outside of your own home? Anxiety much?

Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Soon For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2010, 11:27 AM   #23
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,400 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowSoonIsNow View Post

I cannot imagine walking around where I am from (Canada) assuming everyone is armed!

What a difference in countries.

So, when you are out and about, you presume everyone has a gun?

I'm not assuming that everyone is armed with a firearm, Ma'am. However if you sit back and think about it most everyone is armed in some way. If you are assaulted in some way and need to protect yourself (all you's being general you) there are fingernails, keys, fingernail files, hairspray, pepper spray, ink pen, umbrella, glass bottle, coffee mug, and many more things that we carry with us daily. Not to mention our own fingers, feet, knees and voice. As a innocent person, or a person under attack you really are armed you just don't realize it. CC is to protect the honest person, not to give the honest person a free pass to shoot people.

And no I am not fearful outside of my own home. In this town most people are killed by people they know, are neighbors with or are kin to.

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2010, 01:14 PM   #24
Boots13

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
No

Thanked 2,315 Times in 428 Posts
Boots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
Boots, isn't it true that although these states recognize CC not all states recognize each others CC permits.
Yes, Blaze, you are correct. Not all states have reciprocity with concealed weapon permits. And for those who choose to travel with a weapon, know the laws of the states you are visiting, or traveling through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowSoonIsNow View Post

Assuming people are armed is not a hinderance to the quality of my life. I am fearful of drunk , buzzed and medicated drivers, and wish drug and alcohol laws were given more attention than gun control.

A drunk driver scares me a helluva lot more than a law abiding citizen, armed with a weapon.

Now if you want to talk bad guys who pack...no matter what law we institute or restriction we impose, do you really think they will obey it?
Boots13 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Boots13 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2010, 01:24 PM   #25
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Thanked 13,118 Times in 3,391 Posts
Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boots13 View Post

Assuming people are armed is not a hinderance to the quality of my life. I am fearful of drunk , buzzed and medicated drivers, and wish drug and alcohol laws were given more attention than gun control.

A drunk driver scares me a helluva lot more than a law abiding citizen, armed with a weapon.

Now if you want to talk bad guys who pack...no matter what law we institute or restriction we impose, do you really think they will obey it?
I'm glad it doesn't affect your quality of life.

For me, to presume/assume that everyone is walking around with an armed weapon, it would negatively affect my psyche as I went about my day; I am thankful that this doesn't cross my mind as I go about my day.

Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Soon For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2010, 01:29 PM   #26
MsDemeanor

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme
Relationship Status:
Happily married to MisterMeanor, the man of my dreams

Thanked 1,850 Times in 511 Posts
MsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST Reputation

Utah offers a non-resident carry permit that's recognized by something like 30 other states. You don't even have to go to Utah to get it!! It's all about the they rake in.
Old 08-14-2010, 01:55 PM   #27
Boots13

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
No

Thanked 2,315 Times in 428 Posts
Boots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsDemeanor View Post
Sure, go ahead, give everyone a carry permit. Let them stuff as many concealed guns down their jeans as it takes to make their dicks look nice and big.

Ban bullets instead.

I couldnt agree with you more...Armor piercing bullets dont have a place in my world. Remember the rush to buy ammo when President Obama was elected into office? Everyone thought the end was near and stockpiled ammo, not weapons.

"Let them stuff as many concealed guns down their jeans as it takes to make their dicks look nice and big"

LOL...and then there was the guy at Lowes who was wearing sweats with a handgun tucked in his waistband ... he bent over to get a widget off the shelf and blew his nuts off...
Boots13 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Boots13 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2010, 02:14 PM   #28
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,793 Times in 3,939 Posts
Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

Florida CCW Reciprocity Map

Thinking there are 36 states that honor FL CCW permit, (if I counted right, and 34 states that Fl honors. But all of that honoring only goes as far as handguns or pistols, no other concealed weapon can be carried in the states that honor FL, such as billy clubs, mace etc.

Wondering how I would comfortably conceal a billy club. Key word here is comfortably. lol

Yes, I'd say Fl. is definitely a gun state.

Florida has issued more than 1.6 million permits since adopting its law in 1987, and had more than 600,000 licensed permit holders as of November 30, 2009. Reported permit holders are predominantly male.

States that Honor Florida's CCW Permit:

Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado*, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Kansas*, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan*, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah*, Vermont*, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wyoming

State CCW Permits that Florida Honors:

Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wyoming,
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2010, 03:56 PM   #29
Zora77

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Zora77 Has the BEST ReputationZora77 Has the BEST ReputationZora77 Has the BEST ReputationZora77 Has the BEST ReputationZora77 Has the BEST ReputationZora77 Has the BEST ReputationZora77 Has the BEST ReputationZora77 Has the BEST ReputationZora77 Has the BEST ReputationZora77 Has the BEST ReputationZora77 Has the BEST Reputation

After living in the U.S. since over 10 years and as a recently sworn in American citizen, reading discussions like this all the sudden make me feel like a foreigner again.

In international comparison the U.S. ranks #1 in firearm-related deaths (only closely followed by Brazil). I live in San Francisco and there not a week going by where I don't read about a shooting in the community. A horrific reality that for sure cannot be addressed by putting more firearms into peoples' hands.

It's sad that in this country people can get arrested for drinking a beer in public or exposing their boobs - but have the right to bare arms. An interesting concept of freedom.
Zora77 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Zora77 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2010, 04:36 PM   #30
Zora77

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Zora77 Has the BEST ReputationZora77 Has the BEST ReputationZora77 Has the BEST ReputationZora77 Has the BEST ReputationZora77 Has the BEST ReputationZora77 Has the BEST ReputationZora77 Has the BEST ReputationZora77 Has the BEST ReputationZora77 Has the BEST ReputationZora77 Has the BEST ReputationZora77 Has the BEST Reputation

Also, how about instead fighting for every American's right to have good education, a job, access to health care and healthy food? Something tells me a discussion on the 'right to bare arms' would not be as relevant if these issues would be resolved.

Oh my - this German/American has her undies in a twist over this topic
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Zora77 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2010, 04:51 PM   #31
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

My answer, yea, no.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2010, 05:04 PM   #32
Stearns

How Do You Identify?:
Trans Man
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Husband

Stearns Has the BEST ReputationStearns Has the BEST ReputationStearns Has the BEST ReputationStearns Has the BEST ReputationStearns Has the BEST ReputationStearns Has the BEST ReputationStearns Has the BEST ReputationStearns Has the BEST ReputationStearns Has the BEST ReputationStearns Has the BEST ReputationStearns Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zora77 View Post
After living in the U.S. since over 10 years and as a recently sworn in American citizen, reading discussions like this all the sudden make me feel like a foreigner again.

In international comparison the U.S. ranks #1 in firearm-related deaths (only closely followed by Brazil). I live in San Francisco and there not a week going by where I don't read about a shooting in the community. A horrific reality that for sure cannot be addressed by putting more firearms into peoples' hands.

It's sad that in this country people can get arrested for drinking a beer in public or exposing their boobs - but have the right to bare arms. An interesting concept of freedom.
I thought only Michelle Obama had the right to 'bare arms'.
Stearns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 06:39 PM   #33
Zora77

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Haha - looks like I am a foreigner after all I'm all for the right to bare boobs - how about that?? Oh wait, I'm in San Francisco - never mind.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zora77 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2010, 07:00 PM   #34
MsDemeanor

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme
Relationship Status:
Happily married to MisterMeanor, the man of my dreams

Thanked 1,850 Times in 511 Posts
MsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST Reputation

How about this, then. Anyone can get a carry permit, and anyone who jumps the hoops can get a concealed carry permit. The day before the above laws go in to effect, however, another law must be in place - the minimum barrel length allowed on any weapon owned by any private citizen is 4 feet. Anyone caught in possession of a weapon shorter than that faces 6 months mandatory jail time.
Old 08-14-2010, 07:44 PM   #35
Stearns

How Do You Identify?:
Trans Man
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Husband

Stearns Has the BEST ReputationStearns Has the BEST ReputationStearns Has the BEST ReputationStearns Has the BEST ReputationStearns Has the BEST ReputationStearns Has the BEST ReputationStearns Has the BEST ReputationStearns Has the BEST ReputationStearns Has the BEST ReputationStearns Has the BEST ReputationStearns Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Sure, go ahead, give everyone a carry permit. Let them stuff as many concealed guns down their jeans as it takes to make their dicks look nice and big.

Ban bullets instead.
Quote:
How about this, then. Anyone can get a carry permit, and anyone who jumps the hoops can get a concealed carry permit. The day before the above laws go in to effect, however, another law must be in place - the minimum barrel length allowed on any weapon owned by any private citizen is 4 feet. Anyone caught in possession of a weapon shorter than that faces 6 months mandatory jail time.
That'd be a mighty long dick, for sure. Talk about having a third leg...
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Stearns For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2010, 07:52 PM   #36
Waldo

How Do You Identify?:
Special Snowflake
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Married

Waldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST Reputation

Out of curiosity have any of you who have a concealed weapons permit and/or carry regularly had a gun pulled on / leveled at you?
Old 08-14-2010, 07:59 PM   #37
UofMfan
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
A very happy Mr. Grumpy Cat

Thanked 18,942 Times in 4,709 Posts
UofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST Reputation

This conversation makes me physically ill. Seriously, I am not sure I can participate in it and maintain my sense of civility.

I thank those of you who are engaged and are expressing their thoughts, which I share, so nicely. You know who you are
UofMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to UofMfan For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2010, 08:14 PM   #38
Stearns

How Do You Identify?:
Trans Man
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Husband

I think everyone wished we lived in a (much) less violent society, where there was no need to protect one's self in such a manner. Like Boots, I never carried off-duty b/c I didn't want to live that way. I still don't carry. However, if there was a specific potentially deadly/serious harm threat to me or my wife, I absolutely would. I wouldn't want that right taken away, until violent predators are themselves disarmed.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Stearns For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2010, 11:52 PM   #39
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,783 Times in 4,470 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by betenoire View Post
There's a reason that 70% of murders in the USA are done with guns, while only 30% of murders in Canada are done with guns.

That's all I have to say about that.
I rest my case.

Will someone please sneak me into Canada. I hear we can get married there too and they have health care.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2010, 01:40 AM   #40
firie
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:

firie Has the BEST Reputationfirie Has the BEST Reputationfirie Has the BEST Reputationfirie Has the BEST Reputationfirie Has the BEST Reputationfirie Has the BEST Reputationfirie Has the BEST Reputationfirie Has the BEST Reputationfirie Has the BEST Reputationfirie Has the BEST Reputationfirie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by betenoire View Post
There's a reason that 70% of murders in the USA are done with guns, while only 30% of murders in Canada are done with guns.

That's all I have to say about that.
What is it? Didn't Michael Moore point this out? And Canadians tend to have just as many guns or buy as many or some such?

I was raised very Texan gun toting, and so I have mixed feelings here. I grew up around arsenals really. I learned severity and respect and also how to shoot--and not just 1 but several types of guns. My mom always carried a concealed handgun, and my parents had a few in the house. We learned gun safety, we knew not to mess with them. I don't know if it's in my blood per se (goodness) but I'm really Texan when it comes to guns, and concealed weapon permits, but don't carry. When I lived in Kansas City guns had to be visible, and this felt more threatening for some reason. I don't know. I have a hard time here. There is something in my genetic code, I swear, because as liberal and peaceful as I claim to be, I totally get all NRA about guns.
firie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to firie For This Useful Post: