Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Current Affairs/World Issues/Science And History

Old 04-26-2010, 03:38 PM   #21
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,383 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by UofMfan View Post
From my personal experience. I don't do drugs and legalizing it is not going to change that. I think most people would fall under that same category.

Anyone who wants to do drugs now does it, the fact that it is illegal is not a deterrent.

As for the economy and jobs. What happened back during prohibition when booze was finally legalized? New economies sprung up. Selling it legally would be a profitable business. I doubt the economic benefits would be negative. I must look for some articles I have read in the financial and economic areas regarding this very topic.
The Great Depression happened and crime got organized to bring in the booze.
Old 04-26-2010, 03:45 PM   #22
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,620 Times in 3,976 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

gave up drinking and drugs 21 years ago. (one relapse).But I agree that pot should be decriminilized. And I also come from the economic stance as well as the quality control stance. Other drugs I am not ok with becoming legal. I cant imagine walking into Main Street Market and buying some acid to go along with my Orange Juice for my lunch break.

And I think, because we have outlawed smoking in almost every public place, containing pot smoke in public would be so limited it would not be difficult to control for those who dont wish to be subjected to it, like myself, who counts contact highs with relapse.

and I wish to god they would make prostitution legal and regulate it and get a union going for the sex workers. Its insane that its not.

but then this is a nation that allowed bush to reign for two rounds and picked the actor over the jackass before bush.

shaking my head...in my head there is a much kinder simpler world...too damn bad it has as much clout as playing with Barbies....
The Following User Says Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2010, 03:49 PM   #23
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

No acid for lunch?

*POUT*
Old 04-26-2010, 03:54 PM   #24
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,742 Times in 2,566 Posts
betenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalipstic View Post
No acid for lunch?

*POUT*
No, but only because I'm sure our employers wouldn't like us doing that on our lunch breaks any more than they want us to have a martini on our lunch breaks.

I'm not allowed to have any alcohol within the TWELVE hours before I go to work. I'm sure it doesn't take that long for a person to sober up - but the rule is fair.
Old 04-26-2010, 03:57 PM   #25
MsDemeanor

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme
Relationship Status:
Happily married to MisterMeanor, the man of my dreams

Thanked 1,850 Times in 511 Posts
MsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST Reputation

Legalize everything and tax everything. I'd much rather have meth manufactured in a controlled environment and sold with an ingredients list than have it manufactured in someone's shed where it's polluting the water and endangering lives.

There's no down side to full legalization. Massive layoffs in the prison industry and DA's offices don't count as a downside in my book.
Old 04-26-2010, 03:59 PM   #26
MsDemeanor

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme
Relationship Status:

MsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by betenoire View Post
I'm not allowed to have any alcohol within the TWELVE hours before I go to work. I'm sure it doesn't take that long for a person to sober up - but the rule is fair.
That's a bit rough. For most folks, that means not even being able to have a glass of wine with dinner if you work the next day. I guess it depends on what one does for living.
Old 04-26-2010, 04:00 PM   #27
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsDemeanor View Post
Legalize everything and tax everything. I'd much rather have meth manufactured in a controlled environment and sold with an ingredients list than have it manufactured in someone's shed where it's polluting the water and endangering lives.

There's no down side to full legalization. Massive layoffs in the prison industry and DA's offices don't count as a downside in my book.
Good point on the Meth, I had not thought of that. Thank you!
Old 04-26-2010, 04:01 PM   #28
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Quote:
That's a bit rough. For most folks, that means not even being able to have a glass of wine with dinner if you work the next day. I guess it depends on what one does for living.
Maybe if one were a surgeon or airline pilot?
Old 04-26-2010, 04:02 PM   #29
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

betenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I don't know anybody who eats dinner after 9pm, though.

I work in healthcare. If I worked in an office, the rule would be stupid. But the nature of my job means that there can't be any doubt that I have my shit together.
Old 04-26-2010, 04:06 PM   #30
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by betenoire View Post
I don't know anybody who eats dinner after 9pm, though.

I work in healthcare. If I worked in an office, the rule would be stupid. But the nature of my job means that there can't be any doubt that I have my shit together.

I often do if I am working (eat after 9pm I mean), but my job is frivolity incarnate.
Old 04-26-2010, 04:08 PM   #31
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation

I say legalize all drugs and prostitution on a federal level. Too many can benefit from this. The smoking and allergies are now in effect depending on where you live. In Maryland, and Delaware, in certain counties you are not allowed to wear colognes or perfumes, banned the usage of scented deodorizers (think Febreze) in office buildings, and in company vehicles. Tax the drugs and all, and use that money to pour back into our failing economy.

I think the advantage of smoking pot on cancer patients and AIDS patients would be so beneficial when they hit the wasting stage.
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2010, 04:11 PM   #32
UofMfan
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
A very happy Mr. Grumpy Cat

Thanked 18,942 Times in 4,709 Posts
UofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST Reputation

Airline Pilots can't report for duty within 8 hrs. of consuming drugs and/or alcohol. That also applies for many in the industry, not just pilots.

Common sense.
UofMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 04:13 PM   #33
UofMfan
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

UofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Excellent point. Besides, crime is constant, so those who work for prisons and the DA will be busy anyway.
Old 04-26-2010, 04:15 PM   #34
weatherboi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Owned boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey boy!!!
Relationship Status:
counting freckles slowly under Her direction!!!

Thanked 12,559 Times in 2,993 Posts
weatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputation

Constitutional Rights

Right to choose what is good for me. Pursuit of happiness.
It is every persons constitutional right to control their own body. When the government oulaws drugs it is essentially taking control of our bodies and partially enslaving us.
weatherboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to weatherboi For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2010, 04:16 PM   #35
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Thanked 5,703 Times in 1,684 Posts
Jess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I agree any legalization must be done on a federal level. I also agree that The Cartels and the DEA, CIA and all the other unknown govt. agencies would lose.

But legalize hard core drugs? I am not sure about that yet. It sounds too me too close to legalizing AK47s, but I am still pondering that.

You said earlier..

"I think I may have heard of someone breaking into a bakery to steal the brownies, but maybe I am just making that up.

Why keep the hard stuff illegal? Not that I don't agree, I am just curious. "

Not sure if you are playing devil's advocate or just waffling. Playing D.A. without stating it as such doesn't bode well here. Jus sayin.

I don't agree with legalizing chemically altered or produced drugs as that involves pharmaceuticals to become legal. I say keep the drug companies and insurance industry out of it altogether. They legalized alcohol again, but only govt certified regulated companies can make it and sell it legally. What about the organic home distilleries who have generations of producing "shine" in their lineage? What about organic "growers" who spend countless hours toiling over their crop? Why just hand this to Pifzer?

Let the govt run the man made drugs. They have enough resources to perfect meth. Fuckabunchathat anyway. I don't use pot or any other drug, so it truly is of little personal concern to me. However, I do see benefits in marijuana that far outweigh the prohibition placed on it here in the states.

The notion that "all" drugs should be legalized is just silly in my book. What practical purpose does meth serve? What "healing" properties does it hold? How do you go about acquiring a script for it? Go in to your doc and say "I am feeling way too normal and need a break" ??? WTF?

I have my opinions which will always differ from someone. One of those is that this is an interesting topic that unfortunately derailed an interesting thread.
Jess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jess For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2010, 04:23 PM   #36
UofMfan
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess View Post
You said earlier..

"I think I may have heard of someone breaking into a bakery to steal the brownies, but maybe I am just making that up.

Why keep the hard stuff illegal? Not that I don't agree, I am just curious. "

Not sure if you are playing devil's advocate or just waffling. Playing D.A. without stating it as such doesn't bode well here. Jus sayin.

I don't agree with legalizing chemically altered or produced drugs as that involves pharmaceuticals to become legal. I say keep the drug companies and insurance industry out of it altogether. They legalized alcohol again, but only govt certified regulated companies can make it and sell it legally. What about the organic home distilleries who have generations of producing "shine" in their lineage? What about organic "growers" who spend countless hours toiling over their crop? Why just hand this to Pifzer?

Let the govt run the man made drugs. They have enough resources to perfect meth. Fuckabunchathat anyway. I don't use pot or any other drug, so it truly is of little personal concern to me. However, I do see benefits in marijuana that far outweigh the prohibition placed on it here in the states.

The notion that "all" drugs should be legalized is just silly in my book. What practical purpose does meth serve? What "healing" properties does it hold? How do you go about acquiring a script for it? Go in to your doc and say "I am feeling way too normal and need a break" ??? WTF?

I have my opinions which will always differ from someone. One of those is that this is an interesting topic that unfortunately derailed an interesting thread.
Neither, as I stated, I am/was curious.

Why if I stated that was or is it hard to believe? I want to hear the opinions of all, I may not agree with everyone, but part of me is really interested in hearing what you or anyone else may have to say, not only about this subject but anything else we may engage in conversation about. That is just how I am.

I am not sure what you meant by the underlined part of your statement, so I am asking you for clarification.
Old 04-26-2010, 04:30 PM   #37
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Jess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Neither, as I stated, I am/was curious.

Why if I stated that was or is it hard to believe? I want to hear the opinions of all, I may not agree with everyone, but part of me is really interested in hearing what you or anyone else may have to say, not only about this subject but anything else we may engage in conversation about. That is just how I am.

I am not sure what you meant by the underlined part of your statement, so I am asking you for clarification.

For clarification, I am asking if you were being a "devil's advocate" as it has been stated by more than one member here that it ain't cool unless you say you are "upfront" and even then.. not cool unless you are going along with the popular opinion en masse. Do I need to pull up examples? I will do so in pvt if needed. I could not discern by the contrasting statements of your previous posts if you were A) agreeing with everyone B) being devil's advocate to further the discussion to some more pertinent destination or C) just talkin or D) had no real opinion and just made this thread cause someone suggested it on the AZ boycott thread.

I was confused. Seeking public opinion is cool in my book. if that is all this is about then cool. Carry on.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jess For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2010, 04:34 PM   #38
MsDemeanor

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess View Post
For me, legalize means over the counter, not by prescription. As for practical purposes or healing properties, one could ask the same of pretty much every food item sold in a convenience store. There's no practical purpose to twinkies. Oh, wait, except for pot munchies.

Question for everyone. If all drugs were legal, would people still do shit like meth? Or would they opt for a good high that doesn't fuck you up so badly?
Old 04-26-2010, 04:35 PM   #39
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

I can't find the original post, but in the other thread someone alluded to the fact that you can tell who has children and who doesn't have children based on their stance on this subject.

I really -really- just need to say that I don't think that's a fair statement to make at all. My choosing not to become a parent has no relation at all to my political or morale stance. On this issue or -any- issue.
Old 04-26-2010, 04:37 PM   #40
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Quote:
For me, legalize means over the counter, not by prescription. As for practical purposes or healing properties, one could ask the same of pretty much every food item sold in a convenience store. There's no practical purpose to twinkies. Oh, wait, except for pot munchies.

Question for everyone. If all drugs were legal, would people still do shit like meth? Or would they opt for a good high that doesn't fuck you up so badly?
Sorry but the only reported case of murder/ mayhem by twinkie was the Harvey Milk case and we all know what a fucked up piece of legalese that was. Buying a handful of meth over the counter and a twinkie is kinda apples to oranges. Evil fucked up oranges.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jess For This Useful Post: