Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Current Affairs/World Issues/Science And History

Old 09-23-2011, 08:40 PM   #41
dykeumentary

How Do You Identify?:
butch dyke

Thanked 1,547 Times in 359 Posts
dykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputation

I am happy that I get to publicly stand by everything I've written online. And offline.
This might be unhappy news for people who actually have and use any of the "alias names" I have used through the years, or the same name as on any of my facebook profiles (i think i have like 7 right now).

I'm glad to see who has visited my profile, even if it doesn't happen very often. I'm curious though, what advantage BFP gets from having the threads searchable by google, etc. Thoughts on this, Admin/Owners? I'm sure there is a good reason, you run a good site.
dykeumentary is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dykeumentary For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2011, 12:06 PM   #42
ruffryder

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
guy ones
Relationship Status:

Thanked 9,678 Times in 2,875 Posts
ruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixielady View Post
However, a couple of b-f dating sites that I used in the past popped up. I'm sure that once I get those deleted they will be gone. ! LOL)

Don't count on it. I often wonder about the time out feature here. Once someone is timed out, there's no going back and deleting yourself. It can screw up the threads and order of posting, I suppose, if one was to get deleted. Maybe admin can answer the question: If one was to delete their ID what happens to old posts? Do they stay in the internet past?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dykeumentary View Post
I'm curious though, what advantage BFP gets from having the threads searchable by google, etc. Thoughts on this, Admin/Owners? I'm sure there is a good reason, you run a good site.
Could it be for advertising? I was wondering the same thing. BFP is the first thing that popped up when I typed in my ID. . and I thought WOW you have to be a member to look at profiles and some things here, however anyone that searches my ID on the internet can see what I'm doing all over the site without ever coming here.
ruffryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 12:24 PM   #43
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Female/Lesbian/half the athlete I used to be
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,168 Posts
Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation

[QUOTE=betenoire;423524

The only thing that I find irritating is that some level's of membership that have the invisibility feature do not show up when they visit people's profiles. I'm all for them being able to have privacy when they are reading the threads - but if they are visiting my profile I like to know. Because for some reason it makes me just about half batshit when I see that the visitor number on my profile has gone up but the names haven't changed.
Sorry. [/QUOTE]

Are you sure about this? I have the invisibility feature activated, and when I go to someones profile, I see my screen name in the calling card box.

When I see the number changing, but no new visitors, I just *assumed* it was one of the same people whom had already called, revisiting. I'm no expert, by any means. So I'm seeking clarification also.
Dominique is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2011, 12:28 PM   #44
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffryder_0187 View Post
Don't count on it. I often wonder about the time out feature here. Once someone is timed out, there's no going back and deleting yourself. It can screw up the threads and order of posting, I suppose, if one was to get deleted. Maybe admin can answer the question: If one was to delete their ID what happens to old posts? Do they stay in the internet past?

The TOS says nothing gets deleted. period. TOS is on the bottom of every page.

Could it be for advertising? I was wondering the same thing. BFP is the first thing that popped up when I typed in my ID. . and I thought WOW you have to be a member to look at profiles and some things here, however anyone that searches my ID on the internet can see what I'm doing all over the site without ever coming here.
My understanding of this is something called an RSS wheel that runs in the background of internet programs and picks stuff up. I recall using google once to see what the heck an RSS wheel was.
Old 09-24-2011, 12:32 PM   #45
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anya/Georgia View Post
I just never Googled myself before-real name. At least there are only two of us in the USA but maybe that is not good either.

It is kind of scary. I have been very naive. I did not even know you could sign up on FB with a fake name!
For occupational reasons, more my job prior to this, than this, I was always looking to see what my name appeared in. Saddly, only obituaries.
To be clear, with the spelling absolutely correct.

I have a very unique name and the spelling is always wrong. There have been some similar versions of my name appear, but the associations of the similar versions were not anything belonging to me.

Have you heard of Linked In? I may have spelled that incorrectly. Once upon a time, out of curiosity, I went to that page and looked at it and put in enough information to get me into the sight. Linked In did what fake book (spelled incorrectly on purpose) does, information gathering based on sites visited, twitter accounts ect.....and completely filled out a Linked In account on me. Very Eye opening. The information *Could* have been true, but none of it was. You may want to check on that while you are checking on yourself.

Last edited by Dominique; 09-24-2011 at 12:37 PM. Reason: one more thing
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2011, 12:33 PM   #46
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,742 Times in 2,566 Posts
betenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow band View Post
Are you sure about this? I have the invisibility feature activated, and when I go to someones profile, I see my screen name in the calling card box.
I'm pretty positive. Go to my profile and I'll let you know if I see you on the list or not.
Old 09-24-2011, 12:39 PM   #47
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

OK, I was there, and I saw my calling card....did you?
Old 09-24-2011, 12:42 PM   #48
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

When I see the number changing, but no new visitors, I just *assumed* it was one of the same people whom had already called, revisiting. I'm no expert, by any means. So I'm seeking clarification also.
You will see an asterik by your name in the box, but yes you are still invisible and yes your visit does apply to the "count".

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffryder_0187 View Post

I believe the TOS indicates that they do not delete any accounts here. So be careful what you write!

If you don't have a pic up here than they won't know it is you, right? If you want to remain incognito, considering taking yours down.

That is why I don't have a pic up here. Otherwise, I wouldn't feel I could share very much info. due to my work. It is unfortunate b/c I would like to put up pics!

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2011, 12:43 PM   #49
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

betenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
OK, I was there, and I saw my calling card....did you?
The last 10 visitor(s) to this page were:
atomiczombie Corkey+ DapperButch+ HowSoonIsNow+ June Kobi Merlin Morgan SecretAgentMa'am+ UofMfan+
This page has had 2,245 visits

You're not invisible to yourself, is all. But other people cannot see you on their profile pages.
Old 09-24-2011, 12:44 PM   #50
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by betenoire View Post
The last 10 visitor(s) to this page were:
atomiczombie Corkey+ DapperButch+ HowSoonIsNow+ June Kobi Merlin Morgan SecretAgentMa'am+ UofMfan+
This page has had 2,245 visits

You're not invisible to yourself, is all. But other people cannot see you on their profile pages.
'Cause I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE you!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2011, 12:46 PM   #51
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

[QUOTE=DapperButch;423938]You will see an asterik by your name in the box, but yes you are still invisible and yes your visit does apply to the "count".AH...yes Dapper, when I see my name, I do see the asterick. Very good Super Slueth.

If you don't have a pic up here than they won't know it is you, right? If you want to remain incognito, considering taking yours down.

That is why I don't have a pic up here. Otherwise, I wouldn't feel I could share very much info. due to my work. It is unfortunate b/c I would like to put up pics![/QUOTE] EXACTLY why I don't have a picture. Some day I'll tell you my stalker story. Serious {sic} stuff
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2011, 12:46 PM   #52
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
Cuz you're creeeeeeeeeeeeepy.

I still think you should get facebook and just use a fake name like I did forever. Then you can look at pictures of BEARS in my parents' backyard!
Old 09-24-2011, 12:48 PM   #53
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Cuz you're creeeeeeeeeeeeepy.

I still think you should get facebook and just use a fake name like I did forever. Then you can look at pictures of BEARS in my parents' backyard!
I do want to see the bears. And more and more stuff is on FB only. I really should consider it. Now just to come up with a coolio name!

Old 09-24-2011, 12:51 PM   #54
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
[QUOTE=DapperButch;423938]You will see an asterik by your name in the box, but yes you are still invisible and yes your visit does apply to the "count".AH...yes Dapper, when I see my name, I do see the asterick. Very good Super Slueth.

That is why I don't have a pic up here. Otherwise, I wouldn't feel I could share very much info. due to my work. It is unfortunate b/c I would like to put up pics!
EXACTLY why I don't have a picture. Some day I'll tell you my stalker story. Serious {sic} stuff
[/QUOTE]

Sorry that happened to you. I have been fortunate enough to never have had to deal with that in real life/here.

Unless you count bete.

Old 09-24-2011, 12:55 PM   #55
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

Quote:
I do want to see the bears. And more and more stuff is on FB only. I really should consider it. Now just to come up with a coolio name!
Just nothing that starts with Randy, please. I have English people on my facebook and they will laugh at you.

Quote:
Unless you count bete.
Hey, psychology-guy. When you accuse other people of doing the thing that you personally are doing - what is that called?
Old 09-24-2011, 01:00 PM   #56
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:

Hey, psychology-guy. When you accuse other people of doing the thing that you personally are doing - what is that called?
Projection.

P.S. I don't like you.

P.P.S. Now that I don't like you I have to find someone new to stalk. Thanks a lot!

Old 09-24-2011, 01:02 PM   #57
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

Quote:
Projection.

P.S. I don't like you.
Shhh, shhh. It's okay Dapper, I know. It's okay. You're gonna be okay.

Quote:
Old 09-24-2011, 01:04 PM   #58
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Shhh, shhh. It's okay Dapper, I know. It's okay. You're gonna be okay.

Old 09-25-2011, 06:04 AM   #59
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation
Default just a tidbit

The other day I read a book on Kindle, afterwards it asked if I liked the book or not, I clicked yes.

Couple of days later I log onto Facebook and there it is.. *Dee like (whateverbookitwas)* on Kindle *

GOOD Gods! What if that had been a book I didn't want the world to know I was reading? Luckily it was a safe one!

Facebook knows ALL..
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 09-25-2011, 06:21 AM   #60
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

I have deleted my Facebook accounts (both personal and the one I made for "work friends")...and don't miss it at all.

Honestly, the drama factor in my life has decreased, my spam box doesn't fill up as fast, and I regained about an hour of my day every day.

My son is on Facebook, and I'm glad he has all the security that's available locked down tight, but I won't be back on it....ever.

Tags
internet privacy