Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Current Affairs/World Issues/Science And History

Old 08-26-2011, 02:05 PM   #21
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,337 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Don't forget their needs...

Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2011, 02:07 PM   #22
Julie

How Do You Identify?:
Angel * Femme * Lesbian * Girl * Woman * Slut * Bitch *
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
No longer a Virgin Bride to Dreamer ~ May 17th, 2014

Thanked 18,160 Times in 3,633 Posts
Julie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorp View Post
People are such assholes laughing at us. Even something like that they seem to always make it a fuckin' contest.

We're not use having any type of earthquake, tremors, major hurricanes, or whatever. For people experiencing that shit for the first time, it sure the fuck is scary no matter if it was 5.8 or 2.8, 30 mile winds, 85 mile winds, rains, monsoons...whatever the case may be.

No matter what scale, "potential" harm is nothing to laugh at.

Let's see their asses up here in conditions of snow blizzards (or if mother nature fucked them and they got tons of snow) (not likely to happen...but) and see who laughs at who....

Thanks for the post G.
Thank you for saying this Scorp.
I completely freaked out when my house shook the other day and things fell off the shelves. I screamed running out the door and literally collapsed on the grass crying - oh yes I did. I thought the house was going to fall down.

Now -- I am up in the mountains and imagine, the worst for me will be loss of electricity. I do need the boys to come by and move the outdoor furniture off my deck - so it doesn't slam into my sliding glass window. I am not really afraid of this one where I live - but I am terrified for those who are near the river (hudson) and my people in the city, including my middle son, Isa who lives in Brooklyn. They are planning hurricane parties - makes me crazy and scared. I have offered my home to city friends with their dogs -- We are safer in the mountains (I hope).

I cannot get batteries - I have not left my house in five days (work from home and have been on a project). Finally today, we went shopping and could get very little. Though, I did buy instant coffee and cremora - Peanut butter and my propane tank is filled. I am making lots of ice, because all the ice is gone. I don't have a first aid kit, could not find one.

I met an elderly woman today... She was trying to get water and some young punk pushed her out of the way. I pushed him out of the way. Assholes. She was sweet... She said, "Now remember, to fill your bathtub up with water, so you can go potty."

I just hope there is a way for all of us to stay connected, so we know one another is safe. That scares me most of all - not knowing if our people are okay.

Maybe we should have a check-in thread?

Julie

http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/o...ps4d9fb6c0.jpg

I Love You ~ I Love Us
May 17, 2014
Julie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Julie For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2011, 02:22 PM   #23
BBinNYC

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Fine with he or she. Just don't call me late for dinner.
Relationship Status:
married to the best femme in the world

Tournaments Won: 2

BBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST Reputation
Default Irene's on her way

Here in NYC, Jennifer and I were relieved to see we are not in an evacuation zone. So we are safe and sound in our pre-war (i.e., solidly built) building not too low to the ground or too high up. One of our cats is very afraid of storms so I am glad we are here to comfort her.

We were supposed to fly to Buffalo NY today for a wedding. I convinced Jen that we'd never be able to get home on Sunday and so she agreed last night to cancel the trip. This morning we received a recorded call from US Air telling us our Sunday flight was already cancelled (48 hours before!). I'm so relieved we aren't trapped in Buffalo.

BBinNYC
Stay safe east coast peeps!
Old 08-26-2011, 02:29 PM   #24
Julie

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Julie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBinNYC View Post
Here in NYC, Jennifer and I were relieved to see we are not in an evacuation zone. So we are safe and sound in our pre-war (i.e., solidly built) building not too low to the ground or too high up. One of our cats is very afraid of storms so I am glad we are here to comfort her.

We were supposed to fly to Buffalo NY today for a wedding. I convinced Jen that we'd never be able to get home on Sunday and so she agreed last night to cancel the trip. This morning we received a recorded call from US Air telling us our Sunday flight was already cancelled (48 hours before!). I'm so relieved we aren't trapped in Buffalo.

BBinNYC
Stay safe east coast peeps!
I am going to put this out there... I have a really small home - but want my nyc people to know, they are welcome here. You could also bring your cat - that is a non-issue. Though, I do know those pre-war buildings and probably, I would be safer in your solid brick built home, than my 1980's home.

Julie - one hour and fifteen from mid-town.

I Love You ~ I Love Us
May 17, 2014
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Julie For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2011, 03:20 PM   #25
Reader
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Butch, Dyke, Feminist, Contrarian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 2,229 Times in 586 Posts
Reader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_G View Post
Something else I heard mentioned last night is to try and park your car in a parking garage, on at least the 2nd or 3rd level as to avoid having your car get flooded.

Rachel Maddow made a statement last night about how Californians laughed at the reaction to the east coasters after the earthquake, and now the Floridians are making fun of them for their response to Irene coming their way...she said, "65 million people in the path of a devastating storm is nothing to make fun of or laugh at." So true.

Please stay safe and stock up on what you need!
Excuse me, but this REALLY belongs in the Maddow thread.
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...093#post400093

See "Rachel Maddow Rocks Hard!!!" thread.

just kidding!
Reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 03:49 PM   #26
always2late

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
m'lady

Thanked 6,231 Times in 1,462 Posts
always2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputation

For those in NJ: The gas lines have already started...it took me 25 minutes to get gas, so I would advise anyone who is waiting, to go get it now before the lines get much worse.

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there ~ Rumi
always2late is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to always2late For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2011, 03:57 PM   #27
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,337 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Have lots of water on hand.

WATER-WATER-WATER

Per CNN: 1938 was the last big storm to hit New York.
2,200 flights canceled, MANY DELTA..

I wish all of you the best that are in the path of this massive storm.

I am worried bout the east and what mess will be left afterwards. Our agency was in one of the first responder groups deployed after Katrina and Rita. The drinking water situation was awful.

My Ex and her partner left on the 14th for Budapest, and the Blue Danube Olivia Cruise, been gone 2 weeks. They left Prague, Czech. at 2 AM this morning on Delta en route to Atlanta, then Atlanta to Orange County, Ca. Due to arrive at 7:00 tonight. Phew...

I am petsitting here in So Cal,near the San Andres fault... with their 2 cats and toy Pom Pom. I drive home and check on mine, then back over here. We live 3 miles apart , then HOPEFULLY I PICK THEM UP at 7.

I'm used to the rockin' and rolli' of the shifting plates I live on I.don't know how in the world I would evacuate with my Peaches and Tigger cats. Somethings never hit you until you watch CNN. My friends have NO water supply in this house, other than the hot water heater.
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2011, 05:12 PM   #28
Reader
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Single

Reader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST Reputation
Smile The Survivors Club: The Secrets and Science that Could Save Your Life

This book is a fav of mine. It is a good read and full of interesting and compelling info, written more like a story than a manual so it keeps your attention, while educating you.

The Survivors Club: The Secrets and Science that Could Save Your Life

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Survivors-Club-Secrets-Science-Could/dp/0446580244"]Amazon.com: The Survivors Club: The Secrets and Science that Could Save Your Life (9780446580243): Ben Sherwood: Books[/ame]
Old 08-26-2011, 05:18 PM   #29
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,688 Times in 7,716 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I am in the "crotch" of SC...bottom tip, nestled in between GA & NC borders. We have had high winds, gusts, etc formt he outer bands all day...now the skies are jet black, heavy rains, and winds. We are NOT supposed to get more than that, and rip currents, roiling surf with undercurrents and rip tides....and it should be gone past me by morning! I feel for those along the Eastern Seaboard...and esp. NYC and Boston, and Outer Banks!!! Know I am holding all the people everywhere along East Coast in my heart & prayers. Always, take extra special care...be safe...let me know how you are, k? Hugs to all..Clay
Old 08-26-2011, 05:19 PM   #30
Reader
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Single

Default Thanks to those who are opening their homes :)

It is so nice of all of you folks who have posted that they have space for folks and pets.

What a great, generous spirit.

Stay safe all.

Thanks everyone!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Reader For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2011, 05:20 PM   #31
Julie

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Member Photo Albums

One of my face book friends sent me a few suggestions... I would not have thought of this.

Hurricane Suggestions from Friends: "turn the fridge and freezer (whichever applies) to their coldest settings now. This way, if you lose power it will take longer for the food to get warm or thaw out." "LOTS of ice. if you have room in the freezer, fill containers with water and freeze them." -- Fill the TUB with water - this will be great for toilet flushing and for having water for our four legged beloved pets.

I Love You ~ I Love Us
May 17, 2014
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Julie For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2011, 05:21 PM   #32
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,661 Times in 7,652 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Warning are now out. Forecasters here are being cautious but folks seem to be heeding the warning. Watching a steady stream of big azz boats heading down the road. Not a D battery on all of Cape Cod since Wednesday - they were on sale this week.

Very quiet, eerie like. Not a bird or critter in sight.

If worried about loss of electricity, lower the temp on your fridge and freezer. And push fridge stuff to the rear. Will buy a day or so on food stuffs. Put stuff you might need frequently on ice in a cooler to avoid having to open the fridge door.

They are saying it will be a 12 hour daylight thing for us on Sunday. Prefer this. Can see what is going boom as opposed to wondering about it.

Tomorrow am will be final preps, flipping furniture, tying stuff up, making sure everything with batteries is fully charged etc.

Still feels like it will be ok tho aggravating.

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2011, 05:28 PM   #33
Reader
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Single

Smile

Wow, msnbc just said NYC is going to shut down mass transit, so folks should get out now if they are going to get. I am not sure though when they are going to shut down the mass transit, nor if they will shut it all down.

Stay safe all.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Reader For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2011, 05:40 PM   #34
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,688 Times in 7,716 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

ohhh...we now have hail..about quarter size...dang....hope it don't break my windshield....and it is that old, eerie quiet, "yellowish" tint here now....the "calm before ths storm" and usually means a tornado...oh crap...I HOPE not those are deadly...crop up out of nowhere and you can't SEE the funnel cloud in the dark...okay folks....have a safe one..Clay
Old 08-26-2011, 05:43 PM   #35
Just_G

How Do You Identify?:
Butch, Switch, Comedian...G...whichever.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He....with an e!
Relationship Status:
I'll take kinky & twisted for $200, Alex!!

Tournaments Won: 1

Thanked 6,165 Times in 1,450 Posts
Just_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST Reputation

Mass transit is shutting down at noon on Saturday.

The weather channel's facebook page has a plethora of helpful hints. Fill plastic bags half full of water and put them in the freezer; they will be big chunks of ice and will help to cool things even down in the refrigerator for a couple of days with minimal opening of the door.

Old 08-26-2011, 05:52 PM   #36
Daywalker

How Do You Identify?:
Hippy

Thanked 11,917 Times in 2,700 Posts
Daywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST Reputation

I'm trying not to be freaked out for all of you.

So I am slamming down the biggest mojo candle I've got
into the middle of the room and lighting it...please keep checking in.

Old 08-26-2011, 05:55 PM   #37
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Female/Lesbian/half the athlete I used to be
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,168 Posts
Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation

Softly hasn't checked in. She lives in Philly

As long as there was coffee in the world, how bad could things be??
Dominique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 06:03 PM   #38
NJFemmie

How Do You Identify?:
The original lime-twisted femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
I answer to most things, especially lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Still loving my Mare ;)

3 Highscores

Thanked 11,425 Times in 2,978 Posts
NJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST Reputation

New Jersey is going to be hit really hard - the last hurricane of this magnitude hasn't been seen here in over 60 years. I'd rather be home for this than not (we just got back today from vacation). We are more inland than the shorelines - so I am hoping that this thing will lose some power or veer off the coast. It's very scary - we've rushed around all day getting things together and in order. Grocery stores are packed - batteries are not to be found anywhere.

FYI: Garden State Parkway should now be closed southbound from exit 98 down. No traffic is allowed toward the southern most tip of NJ except for emergency vehicles.

NJFemmie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NJFemmie For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2011, 06:06 PM   #39
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,958 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Green View Post

Wow, msnbc just said NYC is going to shut down mass transit, so folks should get out now if they are going to get. I am not sure though when they are going to shut down the mass transit, nor if they will shut it all down.

Stay safe all.
CNN says tomorrow at 12pm is shutdown time.

Stay safe everyone!
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2011, 07:17 PM   #40
ScandalAndy

How Do You Identify?:
human femme spitfire
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
it's official!

Thanked 3,220 Times in 753 Posts
ScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST Reputation

Philly's mass transit is shutting down at midnight Saturday night until noon-ish Sunday. We're expecting a lot of rain and some flooding. Amtrack is shutting down at 5PM. New Jersey transit is suspending service at noon on Saturday.

I'm a former western new yorker and have dealt with ice storms and week long blizzards so I"m thinking the standard preparations should be fine. I've already got all the camping gear in the livingroom just in case. We'll probably get an awful lot of rain saturday and sunday, but as long as we stay out of low lying areas we should be fine.

All of my friends are out partying tonight and will be doing the same all weekend long. Their first emergency supplies stop was the liquor store. I've already gassed up the car in case I get the call that somebody went and got themselves stuck somewhere without public transportation.