Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Current Affairs/World Issues/Science And History

Old 10-25-2012, 09:51 PM   #1
Dance-with-me

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

Thanked 1,926 Times in 378 Posts
Dance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST Reputation
Default Frankenstorm Sandy

Are you in its currently expected path?

What if anything are you doing to prep?

How worried are you?

Current models have it making U.S. landfall very close to me, either late Monday or early Tuesday - just earlier this evening it was predicted on the same path 6hours earlier so so much can obviously change.

My main worry is that I'll be stuck at home in an extended power outage with my ex, step-d, her bf, a baby, and two scared/bored kids. I'm selfishly praying that I can continue with my original plan to leave home for my Tues-Thurs conference in DC on Monday afternoon, and deal with the storm from there.
Old 10-25-2012, 09:54 PM   #2
BrutalDaddy

How Do You Identify?:
Her Asshole.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Him, hym, he, whatever.
Relationship Status:
Bitch has no more excuses now.

Thanked 2,785 Times in 499 Posts
BrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST Reputation

I don't live in it's path but I'm driving right to it with my next load. Will be delivering in PA on Monday. So a lil nervous about it.

Luckily my company gives a shit about it's employees and they stress to us on a daily basis that if we don't feel safe driving in it, park it. Load can't get there if driver can't.
BrutalDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to BrutalDaddy For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2012, 10:04 PM   #3
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Depends on where you are in PA how bad it will be, cold yep but you may not have snow if you deliver say north of Pittsburg. Says the guy who's wife just pointed all this out.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2012, 10:07 PM   #4
BrutalDaddy

How Do You Identify?:
Her Asshole.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Him, hym, he, whatever.
Relationship Status:

BrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST Reputation

I have no idea what part of PA. I know it's a placed called Mehooonay? I think is how it's spelled.

I have never driven in snow or on ice before so that's the only thing I'm truly worried about. Lol.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BrutalDaddy For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2012, 10:10 PM   #5
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

mehoopany pa

Googling now.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
Old 10-25-2012, 10:12 PM   #6
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

http://www.pennsylvania.com/maps.html

Here ya' go yep you're gonna be in it.
Old 10-25-2012, 10:12 PM   #7
BrutalDaddy

How Do You Identify?:
Her Asshole.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Him, hym, he, whatever.
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkey View Post
mehoopany pa

Googling now.

That's it! Lol. It sounds familiar so I think I went through it or near it back when I worked for first company but that's been a while.

Sorry for derailing your thread Dance!

Not sure how I'd prepare for this one but I live on the coast and we always prepare by keeping water on hand and sometimes mre (nasty stuff but works). I'd probably keep lots of firewood on hand if I were up north in case power goes out.
The Following User Says Thank You to BrutalDaddy For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2012, 10:15 PM   #8
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Ami will be working, of course, I will be home with survival candles storm radio, cat, lots of things to read and, we should be fine, perhaps some power outages, but they should be short as we're not going to be in it proper.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2012, 10:16 PM   #9
BrutalDaddy

How Do You Identify?:
Her Asshole.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Him, hym, he, whatever.
Relationship Status:

Quote:
http://www.pennsylvania.com/maps.html

Here ya' go yep you're gonna be in it.

The place where lil star is located or the mark by New Jersey?

(PLease say the mark with star and NOT the one by Jersey.)
Old 10-25-2012, 10:18 PM   #10
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 26,373 Times in 5,877 Posts
Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

I don't think I would be worrying so much if I could be there with Gaige during whatever blows into Maryland...Gaige, for the record, is not worried. It is just her woman who is worked up about it...
Hollylane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2012, 10:18 PM   #11
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,688 Times in 7,716 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Be aware of this storm's progress...Eastern Seaboard...New England

Weather Forecasters are calling this a "perfect storm"....like the one in 1991, the movie was based on, by same name. That storm caused millions in damages. This one is predicted to cause BILLIONS.
There is a Front coming in from Midwest, an Arctic Front coming in, and this Carribbean front...all expected to collide Sunday night/Monday am.
It has a 200 mile radius, and is predicted to coast along in the Atlantic BUT with this radius, the "trifecta" colliding at once, will create a mess. Torrential rains for East Coast, flooding, and snowfall for New England.
This storm bears watching by all of us along Eastern Seaboard from Fla. all the way up to New England...stay safe...all of us!!!
Old 10-25-2012, 10:19 PM   #12
Dance-with-me

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

Dance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST Reputation

We only very briefly lost power when Irene sailed through here last year, but I have a feeling this may be a little crazier than that: Much slower moving, and all of the unknowns that could easily shift it from a reasonably predictable hurricane to a nasty unpredictable nor'easter once it mingles with that cold front heading south.

Give me a hurricane over a nor'easter any day!!

OK, starting my storm survival shopping list:
Wine
giant jar of Nutella
Old 10-25-2012, 10:26 PM   #13
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutalDyke View Post
The place where lil star is located or the mark by New Jersey?

(PLease say the mark with star and NOT the one by Jersey.)
The star is your place, it isn't New Jersey, but Jersey Shore PA. Closer to Williamsburg PA

P to the S you can enlarge the map to see exactly.
Old 10-25-2012, 10:29 PM   #14
BrutalDaddy

How Do You Identify?:
Her Asshole.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Him, hym, he, whatever.
Relationship Status:

Quote:
The star is your place, it isn't New Jersey, but Jersey Shore PA. Closer to Williamsburg PA

P to the S you can enlarge the map to see exactly.

Yea, I did and see it now. Wow. Well if there was ever a time to learn how to drive in nasty northeast weather, now would be it. Lol.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BrutalDaddy For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2012, 10:31 PM   #15
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Quote:
Yea, I did and see it now. Wow. Well if there was ever a time to learn how to drive in nasty northeast weather, now would be it. Lol.
Am I presuming you have chains?
Old 10-25-2012, 10:35 PM   #16
BrutalDaddy

How Do You Identify?:
Her Asshole.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Him, hym, he, whatever.
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Am I presuming you have chains?
....No. We weren't supposed to pick up chains till later next week. Going to call Manager in morning and see what he says about all this. He might tell me to go ahead and start heading in that direction then take it from there.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BrutalDaddy For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2012, 10:40 PM   #17
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Quote:
....No. We weren't supposed to pick up chains till later next week. Going to call Manager in morning and see what he says about all this. He might tell me to go ahead and start heading in that direction then take it from there.
Nov 1st is the date to legally put them on in PA. We're getting snow tires in a few weeks.
The Following User Says Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2012, 10:44 PM   #18
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Back to your regularly scheduled program...
Old 10-25-2012, 10:49 PM   #19
Dance-with-me

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

Quote:
Back to your regularly scheduled program...
Oh, as far as I'm concerned this totally related -- no way in hell I'd be wanting to face driving a rig in the snow and ice for the first time in the middle of a potentially high-winds storm!!
Old 10-25-2012, 10:53 PM   #20
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dance-with-me View Post
Oh, as far as I'm concerned this totally related -- no way in hell I'd be wanting to face driving a rig in the snow and ice for the first time in the middle of a potentially high-winds storm!!
It is a trip I'd not want to make. Just getting Ami safely to work and home is all that is on my mind.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post: