Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Current Affairs/World Issues/Science And History

Old 10-25-2012, 10:53 PM   #21
BrutalDaddy

How Do You Identify?:
Her Asshole.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Him, hym, he, whatever.
Relationship Status:
Bitch has no more excuses now.

Thanked 2,785 Times in 499 Posts
BrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkey View Post
Nov 1st is the date to legally put them on in PA. We're getting snow tires in a few weeks.

Will have to remind him of that.
BrutalDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BrutalDaddy For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2012, 10:55 PM   #22
BrutalDaddy

How Do You Identify?:
Her Asshole.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Him, hym, he, whatever.
Relationship Status:
Bitch has no more excuses now.

Thanked 2,785 Times in 499 Posts
BrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dance-with-me View Post
Oh, as far as I'm concerned this totally related -- no way in hell I'd be wanting to face driving a rig in the snow and ice for the first time in the middle of a potentially high-winds storm!!

Lol. You and me both. I think I'll be okay so long as I keep speed WAY down and go as far as I feel I can safely. Beyond that I'll find someplace to park it until Sandy blows over but will have to hit a Wal Mart on way there in case I get stranded for few days unless I can find out where Corkey lives. :P
BrutalDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BrutalDaddy For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2012, 11:03 PM   #23
laruss

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She or Goddess
Relationship Status:
Settled in

Thanked 5,328 Times in 1,045 Posts
laruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputation

I am concerned for those in Florida as a hurricane can cause a lot of damage.

The East cost is expecting gale force winds, rain and snow. I live in Canada where that happens on a regular basis. Is the storm in the East expected to be dangerous or just a pain in the ass? I have many friends on the East coast and am trying to decide if I should be worried or amused that they may actually face some Canadian weather. I looked it up on line but couldn't find anything that made it sound scarier then what we get. How bad is it expected to be?

If you are driving truck and the roads are slick with ice, snow, rain, anything at all... pull over. Save yourself and others the hassle and the heart attack. Tuesday when I drove home I saw a dozen or more semi's in the ditch and others across the road sideways or stuck on ramps unable to get up. No load is worth risking your life, or that of others in your path.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to laruss For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2012, 11:13 PM   #24
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

TWC is saying the winds are going to be huge, and the storm surge will be heavy from the Carolinas to New England. That is a huge area. It will be a full moon so that will push the surge even higher. The in flow and out flow are at 200 miles and could get to 400 miles. Massive.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2012, 11:48 PM   #25
macele

How Do You Identify?:
a bold-assed maximus
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 3,239 Times in 849 Posts
macele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputation

hurricane katrina taught me to invest in a generator. and head lights, ... for your head! lol sounds funny but those things really do come in handy.

be safe and take care of each other.
macele is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to macele For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2012, 11:58 PM   #26
Dance-with-me

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

Thanked 1,926 Times in 378 Posts
Dance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST Reputation

My suggestion to anyone who is potentially going to be affected by this storm, especially if you're a hurricane virgin: Local stations, The Weather Channel, and weather.com are the worst options ever for hurricane info because what they want are ratings and to get ratings they feed you just as much hype as facts.

Go directly to the source: http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/

This is a good image to watch: http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/grap...large#contents

Reading the discussion can help as well.

Current track has mainland landfall on Monday night, right around south NJ/northern DE/Philadelphia, BUT this has changed significantly every few hours in the past 24, so nothing is certain yet for this. Also keep in mind that these models don't really factor in what might happen to it if the other storm systems mess with it and turn it into a nor'easter.

Old 10-26-2012, 12:04 AM   #27
bright_arrow
☆ the stars are aligned ☆

How Do You Identify?:
strong, independent, badass redhead
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl, buttercup, sugah
Relationship Status:
married to my Boo Daddy <3

Thanked 9,359 Times in 2,295 Posts
bright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I have had quite a few orders for generators at work. A guy called in and bought one too, coming 4 hours to get it We just brought home a TON of firewood, and have a few cases of water and decent canned goods. I think it is near time for my snow tires, studded at that, to go on! Normally wait until the first snow fall to do it, mostly because the damage they can do to roads. Will have to check out my blades too and see if I need new heavy duty ones.
bright_arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bright_arrow For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2012, 12:29 AM   #28
Lady Pamela

How Do You Identify?:
A Lady..Femme..Free Spirit with a touch of survivalist woman in me.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Spiritual Warrior..She Ra..Baby Doll, or anything close..ha!
Relationship Status:
In perfect love and perfect trust I believe that will be directed..for now Just friends in my life.

1 Highscore

Location: Live in Utah but take trips to Arkansas. Plan to move there eventually.
Thanked 5,939 Times in 1,609 Posts
Lady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST Reputation

Be safe and don't take any chances.

\Get out now if ya all think your going to be within its path please.
Better to be safe than sorry

When negative thoughts come to mind,
Let them die stillborn.
Speak and do posotive in any situation,
And watch your dreams grow and flurish.
If you can't say anything posotive, Zip it up.
Do not give birth to that which you do not want to see grow.
See it, Believe it, Own it, Have it!
~*~ Lady Pamela ~*~
Lady Pamela is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lady Pamela For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2012, 12:53 AM   #29
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Please anyone in anyway near this storm go somewhere safe if at all possable,the material thngs in life can be replaced,these stormes are not to be messed with.I live in Lousiana and delt with hurricanes before.

At the moment we are haveing a serious storm going on,its the cold front thats droping the temp by as much as 20*..it was 70* today.I hear this is a for runner of the cold air that will collide with Frankinsandy.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2012, 01:11 AM   #30
always2late

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
m'lady

Thanked 6,231 Times in 1,462 Posts
always2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputation

We live close to the Jersey shore and are in the predicted path. I'm hoping that it's not going to be as bad as the weather stations are forecasting. We have candles, and water...and will just have to brace ourselves and wait it out. As long as there is no flooding, and none of the trees in our yard come down, we should be ok.

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there ~ Rumi
always2late is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to always2late For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2012, 01:34 AM   #31
bright_arrow
☆ the stars are aligned ☆

How Do You Identify?:
strong, independent, badass redhead
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl, buttercup, sugah
Relationship Status:
married to my Boo Daddy <3

Thanked 9,359 Times in 2,295 Posts
bright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by always2late View Post
We live close to the Jersey shore and are in the predicted path. I'm hoping that it's not going to be as bad as the weather stations are forecasting. We have candles, and water...and will just have to brace ourselves and wait it out. As long as there is no flooding, and none of the trees in our yard come down, we should be ok.
We have a huge tree that is in front of the kiddo's bedroom window/shading our dining room [it used to be an outside porch, but they chose to close it in]. I think we would be a bit screwed if that tree came down. Last storm we had, a huge branch came off the tree way in the back of our yard.
bright_arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 05:10 AM   #32
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,661 Times in 7,652 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

There are all kinds of warnings here tho it looks like the storm itself is, at the moment, going to hit just south of us.

Nonetheless, tomorrow will batten down the hatches outdoors. The hurricane supplies have been replenished - went thru enough week long power outages to always prepare for that.

Now, if I could just decide where would be a safe place to park the car all would be good.

Just a reminder to people facing power outages, set your fridge/freezer at the coldest temps 24-48 hours in advance. Make bags of ice cubes or just ice to stick in freezers and fridges. Will buy a bit more time if the power goes out.

Am happy a friend nearby has a generator and a few close by with gas grills. I need my coffee.

On the positive side, with the potential erosion from this storm, I will be one step closer to oceanfront property - provided the structure is still standing. LOL.

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2012, 06:55 AM   #33
Dance-with-me

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

Thanked 1,926 Times in 378 Posts
Dance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST Reputation

Good news from my perspective is that it is now predicted to hit later, so that will hopefully give me plenty of time to get out of here, because I just do not want to be at home with everyone - I'd rather be stuck alone in a hotel than here! I'm going to bring a battery lantern, a head lantern, a flashlight, and some extra batteries, and I'll just presume that the hotel will take care of the rest if needed!

(am I an awful person for wanting to run away from my own home and grandkids?!?)

Bad news from my perspective is that the current 5-day forecast shows it as a Cat-1 storm with a direct hit in my back yard at around 2am Tuesday.

Honestly? From THAT perspective, I really wish I were staying. For all the chaos and stress, when Irene came through here as a low Cat-1, it was freaky cool. But I'm weird like that.
Old 10-26-2012, 07:44 AM   #34
Heavenleahangel

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Femme; Earth bound Angel and Babygirl;
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Angel, as long as it's respectful
Relationship Status:
Waiting for the One who can complete me

Thanked 2,069 Times in 468 Posts
Heavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST Reputation

I live in Upstate NY near Albany and our news meteorologists are saying we are gonna have wind and rain-lots of it and to be prepared. I have bottles of water, canned food and a gas stove in my kitchen so I can cook even without power. I hope everyone is safe and the storm fizzles out.

Last edited by Heavenleahangel; 10-26-2012 at 07:44 AM. Reason: mispelled word
Heavenleahangel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Heavenleahangel For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2012, 07:50 AM   #35
Ms. Meander

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Relationship Status:
Ethical Nonmonogamist

Thanked 5,223 Times in 1,150 Posts
Ms. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST Reputation

Living on a small farm, we will not be taking any chances with preparedness. Heavy rains and strong winds could cause a lot of damage and take out power.

One year ago there was a ridiculous storm that left us without power for a week (us, the lucky ones) and I was not prepared. I am teachable! Thank you, Mother Nature.

Stay safe, all.
My wish for you is that you continue. Continue to be who and how you are, to astonish a mean world with your acts of kindness. Continue to allow humor to lighten the burden of your tender heart. - Maya Angelou
Ms. Meander is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ms. Meander For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2012, 07:52 AM   #36
ruffryder

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
guy ones
Relationship Status:

Thanked 9,678 Times in 2,875 Posts
ruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputation
Default Frankenstorm

Hurricane Sandy is pounding in the waters outside central FL currently. In Brevard County and Cocoa Beach they are seeing winds upwards near 105 mph, 12-18 foot waves, and rain. Schools are closed today and the beaches are closed for driving. Inland we are having wind up to 30 mph and some rain.

Sandy knocked out power and flooded the Bahamas and Jamaica and left 22 dead in the Caribbeans. Thursday it weakened to a 1 and hit up Cuba killing people there.

The storm is predicted to weaken from hurricane status and hit Jersey on Tuesday with a "90 percent chance that most of the U.S. East Coast would get steady gale-force winds, flooding, heavy rain and maybe snow starting Sunday and stretching past Wednesday" U.S. forecaster Jim Cisco said.

It is forecast to make landfall sometime before dawn Tuesday between northern North Carolina and southern New England. It all depends what it decides to do on Sunday.

This perfect storm is widespread and serious. It is predicted for at least 1 billion in damage and possibly affecting PA and NY also and reaching as far west as Ohio.
ruffryder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ruffryder For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2012, 08:19 AM   #37
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,688 Times in 7,716 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I am getting some of the very earliest outer bands now...winds...and skies are overcast. Temp dropped 8 degrees.
With the 200 mile radius of this thing, it is going to be a bumpy ride for all of us along the Coast...
Stay safe....blessings for all of us!!!
Old 10-26-2012, 08:32 AM   #38
Teddybear

How Do You Identify?:
by my name
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 6,239 Times in 1,687 Posts
Teddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutalDyke View Post
I have no idea what part of PA. I know it's a placed called Mehooonay? I think is how it's spelled.

I have never driven in snow or on ice before so that's the only thing I'm truly worried about. Lol.
Well ur.going to be right close to it. Get there early if u can. It right off 81. Notany places to park so call ur receiver and ask if u will be able to park there overnite some places won't let u. If u need help finding a.place.to park let me know I can tell u where truck stops r in pa .
Teddybear is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Teddybear For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2012, 08:38 AM   #39
Novelafemme
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 8,925 Times in 1,834 Posts
Novelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST Reputation

Ya'll just come to AZ where you'll be landlocked, hot and sweaty, and the worst that can happen when a storm hits is you might get some sand stuck in yer butt-crack.

Seriously though, please be safe and take good care.
Novelafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Novelafemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2012, 12:12 PM   #40
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by desd View Post
I have had quite a few orders for generators at work. A guy called in and bought one too, coming 4 hours to get it We just brought home a TON of firewood, and have a few cases of water and decent canned goods. I think it is near time for my snow tires, studded at that, to go on! Normally wait until the first snow fall to do it, mostly because the damage they can do to roads. Will have to check out my blades too and see if I need new heavy duty ones.
Check with yer dood on the law for when studs can go on. Here it's Nov 1st. Yes they give tickets if it's too soon.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post: