Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Support: Abuse, Addiction, Coping

Old 01-06-2013, 10:30 AM   #861
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,337 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Aryon,
Good luck on the good fight and surgery on Monday. Drop in and say hi soon as you can ,

Tommi
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2013, 08:46 PM   #862
deb_U_taunt

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 5,260 Times in 1,363 Posts
deb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputation

BOO!!! I think we lost Aryon's thread. Any updates?

Thank you,
Deb
deb_U_taunt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deb_U_taunt For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2013, 06:22 PM   #863
deb_U_taunt

How Do You Identify?:

deb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputation

Its that time again. I meet my new oncologist Tuesday and get blood work for tumor markers. I gotta say, I hate the stress of wait and see. My mom wants to go with, but told her I was fine going alone. Why did I say that??? WTF is wrong with me.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to deb_U_taunt For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2013, 06:59 PM   #864
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,688 Times in 7,716 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Saw my Gynie Oncol. Fri...got yearly check up....all is good there.
Am having that "issue" again....5 days now of occult blood......the pain is back in my back (vicinity of liver/kidney area).....have lost 25 lbs since emd November til now....
So, am being referred back to the Gastro for a Camera colonoscopy.
THIS, too, shall pass....it just suckin' fucks....esp. going through this alone...
I will beat whatever this is, too...hell yeaaaaas, I will....
Universe: I put this out in a positive bubble..you know what I need and whom I need....I trust....I believe....

Good luck deb...I'm with ya darling...and I know you are with me in spirit.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:31 PM   #865
deb_U_taunt

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by clay View Post
Saw my Gynie Oncol. Fri...got yearly check up....all is good there.
Am having that "issue" again....5 days now of occult blood......the pain is back in my back (vicinity of liver/kidney area).....have lost 25 lbs since emd November til now....
So, am being referred back to the Gastro for a Camera colonoscopy.
THIS, too, shall pass....it just suckin' fucks....esp. going through this alone...
I will beat whatever this is, too...hell yeaaaaas, I will....
Universe: I put this out in a positive bubble..you know what I need and whom I need....I trust....I believe....

Good luck deb...I'm with ya darling...and I know you are with me in spirit.
Let us know how your tests go. You will be fine.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to deb_U_taunt For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2013, 06:25 PM   #866
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,688 Times in 7,716 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb_U_taunt View Post
Let us know how your tests go. You will be fine.
sure will...thanks hon
Old 01-18-2013, 12:14 AM   #867
mustangjeano

How Do You Identify?:
old school stonebutch, Queer TG butch, ranch hand
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
single, not looking

Thanked 1,029 Times in 361 Posts
mustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by clay View Post
sure will...thanks hon
Deb and Clay, my thoughts and prayers are with you both. Waiting to hear how you both are. Jeano
Old 01-18-2013, 01:03 AM   #868
Lucian

How Do You Identify?:
Butch/Trans mindset without body modification.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Not looking

Lucian Has the BEST ReputationLucian Has the BEST ReputationLucian Has the BEST ReputationLucian Has the BEST ReputationLucian Has the BEST ReputationLucian Has the BEST ReputationLucian Has the BEST ReputationLucian Has the BEST ReputationLucian Has the BEST ReputationLucian Has the BEST ReputationLucian Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
BOO!!! I think we lost Aryon's thread. Any updates?

Thank you,
Deb
Hi Deb...here ya go.

Update from Aryons Partner...............["Aryon Cole update, JAN 17, 2013 - 9:40 pm UK time: Aryon is doing well and all seems ok for the moment. Aryon is scheduled to go home tomorrow (FRI) and I suspect will post on FB at some point after, of course, UK time "]
Old 01-18-2013, 08:16 AM   #869
deb_U_taunt

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucian View Post
Hi Deb...here ya go.

Update from Aryons Partner...............["Aryon Cole update, JAN 17, 2013 - 9:40 pm UK time: Aryon is doing well and all seems ok for the moment. Aryon is scheduled to go home tomorrow (FRI) and I suspect will post on FB at some point after, of course, UK time "]

Thank you for the update, Lucian Glad to hear Aryon is going home and doing okay.
The Following User Says Thank You to deb_U_taunt For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2013, 01:35 PM   #870
Lucian

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Not looking

Lucian Has the BEST ReputationLucian Has the BEST ReputationLucian Has the BEST ReputationLucian Has the BEST ReputationLucian Has the BEST ReputationLucian Has the BEST ReputationLucian Has the BEST ReputationLucian Has the BEST ReputationLucian Has the BEST ReputationLucian Has the BEST ReputationLucian Has the BEST Reputation

Since Aryons thread disappeared when there was the server problems i wanted to update you all here.

Aryon is back in the hospital. Please keep those good thoughts and prayers coming.........Lucian

Update from Angelika......"Aryon Cole update JAN 20, 2013 - 4 pm UK time: Aryon is back in the Hospital. An internal infection has developed. Aryon is receiving antibiotics. I will update everyone as things change, etc. Please DO NOT call or text Aryon at this time. Wait until Aryon is back home. If you have Duncan's phone number, please text or call Duncan for updates, or alternatively, you can reach me here on FB. Thank you."
Old 01-20-2013, 01:40 PM   #871
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

The Following User Says Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2013, 01:55 PM   #872
Lucian

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Not looking

Just letting you all know i started a new thread for Aryon.
Old 01-22-2013, 06:26 PM   #873
deb_U_taunt

How Do You Identify?:

I got blood work done today and they are going to push for genetic testing again. I sure would like to know for my sisters, daughter, niece and for treatment options and clinical trials.
I really like the new oncologist, he is a straight to the point kinda guy. I had the usual tumor mark blood work, plus x-rays and bone scans (Thursday) and will get results on Friday. I really don't like the waiting. I am still having neuropathy issues and some pain in my back and hips (why I am having the bone scan).
I am so over the fear of cancer coming back. I wanna just stick my head in the sand and forget.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to deb_U_taunt For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2013, 06:40 PM   #874
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
I got blood work done today and they are going to push for genetic testing again. I sure would like to know for my sisters, daughter, niece and for treatment options and clinical trials.
I really like the new oncologist, he is a straight to the point kinda guy. I had the usual tumor mark blood work, plus x-rays and bone scans (Thursday) and will get results on Friday. I really don't like the waiting. I am still having neuropathy issues and some pain in my back and hips (why I am having the bone scan).
I am so over the fear of cancer coming back. I wanna just stick my head in the sand and forget.

Hi deb,
New Doc sounds like "just what the doctor ordered"

I do the sand thing real well. plus, I live near the beach

Aches and pains ~ maybe you have a touch of rhemutizzzz, as my Gramma would say.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2013, 06:46 PM   #875
deb_U_taunt

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommi View Post

Hi deb,
New Doc sounds like "just what the doctor ordered"

I do the sand thing real well. plus, I live near the beach

Aches and pains ~ maybe you have a touch of rhemutizzzz, as my Gramma would say.
And arthritis runs in the family, it just freaked me out a bit for him to remind me one of the ways it comes back is leukemia. And keeping my head in the sand is what got me in this mess.
The Following User Says Thank You to deb_U_taunt For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2013, 06:51 PM   #876
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
And arthritis runs in the family, it just freaked me out a bit for him to remind me one of the ways it comes back is leukemia. And keeping my head in the sand is what got me in this mess.
Well, I am so glad you have a Doc guiding you through the medical maze. .. Best wishes on this new adventure.
My Onchologist, is a life saver.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2013, 07:05 PM   #877
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Saying I know exactly what you mean is an understatement.

Quote:
And keeping my head in the sand is what got me in this mess.
Same here. I kept my head in the sand by ignoring times of rectal bleeding when I went to the bathroom...for over a year. Then I ignored daily diarrhea for several months, pumping myself up with over the counter meds to keep it from happening. I finally did something about it when I couldn't get through a meal without having to jump up from the table due to having diarrhea.

What do you do now to keep yourself healthy? What does not keeping your head in the sand mean to you?

I have an appointment tomorrow with my oncologist to go over my CAT scan. I am a bit nervous about that.

Genetic testing? I did that. I will look back in the thread and see if you started talking about it in an earlier post to get more information. If you didn't, could you explain here?

I think that my neuropathy is less than it was. In my hands, anyway. I was surprised that it decreased even after a year of being done with chemo, as evidently, it is the first year out that determines the long term effects. My feet, however, have not improved, but I know that mine is a hell of a lot less than some other peoples, so for that I am thankful.

Please keep us updated.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2013, 07:14 PM   #878
KCBUTCH

How Do You Identify?:
Undaunted QUEER Dom, Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
MYSELF, Syr, Hy, or friend prefered
Relationship Status:
Cautious, indifferent...

Thanked 3,305 Times in 884 Posts
KCBUTCH Has the BEST ReputationKCBUTCH Has the BEST ReputationKCBUTCH Has the BEST ReputationKCBUTCH Has the BEST ReputationKCBUTCH Has the BEST ReputationKCBUTCH Has the BEST ReputationKCBUTCH Has the BEST ReputationKCBUTCH Has the BEST ReputationKCBUTCH Has the BEST ReputationKCBUTCH Has the BEST ReputationKCBUTCH Has the BEST Reputation
Default thank you

Thank you all for everything you do-I've been fighting for family and friends for years, loss after loss. I most recently lost a dear friend only days ago after her fight wore out and it was time for her to go home.

I just wanted to take a moment to show my gratitude-none of you I know but that matters little.

Old 01-22-2013, 08:17 PM   #879
Lucian

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Not looking

I'm a survivor from 1994. I was very lucky in that it was caught early. But even luckier in that i was having a procedure done for something else when they found it. Had i not been having another medical problem. It would have been a lot longer till it would have been found i'm sure.

I've had many loved ones affected by cancer over the years too.

I met my Buddy Aryon who was very involved in Relay For Life as a survivor Hymself. With hym and others i too got more involved over the past four years. Where as in the past i had only done a few walks.

I've had loss of loved ones in my life, and others that are doing good.

I have to honestly say. I never thought my buddy Aryon would be diagnosed again. Once hy made it past that ten year mark. I don't know..I just didn't expect it.

I..like i'm sure all of you, just want to see cancer eradicated. So many people are affected themselves or have friends, family, partners that end up fighting this battle. I just hope with all i have that soon, nobody will ever have to fight that battle anymore.

I'll be keeping all of you in my thoughts and prayers.

Those who can get involved with Relay For Life. Please do. Every penny helps.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:06 PM   #880
julieisafemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married to Greyson

Thanked 3,445 Times in 660 Posts
julieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

This is all hard to hear. I am praying for all of you survivors and hoping all the tests come back clean Deb and Dapper. My Mom is on hospice now for lung cancer with brain, spine and liver mets. I just spent the weekend with her to give my older sister a break from 24/7 caregiving. We are so blessed in that my Mom is living now in one half of a duplex owned by my brother. Her rent, utilities are paid for by him. He came and helped me take her to get an eye exam and some new glasses the other day at Costco. She loved being out and shopping!

My other sister lives in the other side of the duplex. She is an amazing cook and whatever my Mom wants for dinner she makes. They look at cooking magazines and watch cooking shows and then my Mom says "I want this for dinner"! I am the cleaner. I scrub and organize and take care of keeping the house in order. It takes a village to raise a child but it also takes a village to help someone transition!

I worry about my own health and my partner's. Mortality is a bitch! I am in a limbo state right now. I am not the best partner, Mom or rattie caregiver. My own house is a mess. It is hard. I am though so grateful that I have this time with my Mom.