Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > FUN > The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat

Notices

Old 03-08-2015, 11:51 PM   #2101
WildHorses

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Butch/Big Heart/Rough Edge
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy, She, Hym, Whatever, it really does not matter but do NOT call me lady!
Relationship Status:
Crazy over Genesis!

Thanked 2,425 Times in 917 Posts
WildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST Reputation

We are watching a series off and on named - Vietnam

We recently also saw Bruiser which was ok and the Purge which was a littlre better than ok.

There's nothing more beautiful than the way the ocean refuses to stop kissing the shoreline, no matter how many times it's sent away.

Sarah Kay

WildHorses is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WildHorses For This Useful Post:
Old 03-09-2015, 06:34 AM   #2102
betruetoyoursoul

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She,Her,BabyGirl
Relationship Status:
On a Beautiful Journey regardless if I am single or coupled!

Thanked 2,397 Times in 1,093 Posts
betruetoyoursoul Has the BEST Reputationbetruetoyoursoul Has the BEST Reputationbetruetoyoursoul Has the BEST Reputationbetruetoyoursoul Has the BEST Reputationbetruetoyoursoul Has the BEST Reputationbetruetoyoursoul Has the BEST Reputationbetruetoyoursoul Has the BEST Reputationbetruetoyoursoul Has the BEST Reputationbetruetoyoursoul Has the BEST Reputationbetruetoyoursoul Has the BEST Reputationbetruetoyoursoul Has the BEST Reputation

Big Eyes-(2014)
A drama about the awakening of the painter Margaret Keane, her phenomenal success in the 1950s, and the subsequent legal difficulties she had with her husband, who claimed credit for her works in the 1960s....A very interesting biography. The movie was directed by Tim Burton.

Old 03-09-2015, 11:18 AM   #2103
Cailin

How Do You Identify?:
Female.. and it's pronounced "cah-leen", not cay-lin
Preferred Pronoun?:
You
Relationship Status:
In one

Thanked 2,630 Times in 739 Posts
Cailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST Reputation

"Gentlemen Prefer Blondes"-- Monroe is an amazing sex symbol, actress.. not so much. But still a good movie.
Old 03-09-2015, 11:35 AM   #2104
ahk
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,579 Times in 2,649 Posts
ahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputation

The Kingsmen

ahk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ahk For This Useful Post:
Old 03-09-2015, 01:30 PM   #2105
Canela

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Babe, she, her, ella

Thanked 6,524 Times in 1,697 Posts
Canela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST Reputation

I just saw HOT TUB TIME MACHINE 2 a few weeks ago...it's crazy funny!!!

Happiness is like a butterfly which,
when pursued, is always beyond our grasp,
but, if you will sit down quietly,
may alight upon you

~Nathaniel Hawthorne

Canela is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Canela For This Useful Post:
Old 03-09-2015, 05:04 PM   #2106
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,588 Times in 14,919 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Tipping the Velvet 2002 Rachel Stirling and Jodhi May

Last night I re-watched this and it was just as good as I remembered, maybe even better. If you're familiar with the PBS series The Bletchley Circle, you'll recognize the lead actress here. Such a uplifting movie, check it out when time permits
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 03-10-2015, 04:43 PM   #2107
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

The Judge, Robert Downey Jr., Robert Duvall, Vera Farmiga Vincent D'Onofrio

Rather enjoyed it
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2015, 04:13 PM   #2108
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Last night I finally caught Foxcatcher. While I enjoyed it somewhat, I found the lack of insight and background on DuPont disappointing, and left the viewer with to many unanswered questions in the end.

IMHO there is a much better movie to be made on this subject matter!
Hopefully it will shed more light on DuPont and his motives
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-2015, 09:41 AM   #2109
Fancy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
N/A

Thanked 7,097 Times in 2,322 Posts
Fancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST Reputation

I'm taking my starry-eyed teen daydreamer to Cinderella this weekend. We can't help ourselves; we love princess stories. It's bound to be a delightful movie.

Fancy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fancy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-2015, 04:32 PM   #2110
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

With all the concerns about Harper Lee's mental capacity in the press lately, regarding the release of her book Go Set A Watchman, it prompted me to re-watch Last Will and Embezzlement (2010 Financial and exploitation of the elderly)

This is a very important matter and I think this documentary covers it very well.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-2015, 06:57 PM   #2111
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,768 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy View Post
I'm taking my starry-eyed teen daydreamer to Cinderella this weekend. We can't help ourselves; we love princess stories. It's bound to be a delightful movie.

It was quite delightful! They tweaked the story just a teensy tiny bit, which I liked. There was a little bit of moony overacting here and there but not enough to turn me off of the movie. Oh, and Helena Bonham Carter was adorable!

I also saw this movie tonight.

It was what I expected and I did laugh plus they feature Folsom. Bonus!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-2015, 08:56 PM   #2112
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,791 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Rosewater

In June 2009, BBC journalist Maziar Bahari, an Iranian-born Canadian citizen, returned to his native country to interview Mir-Hossein Moussavi, the prime challenger to incumbent President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. When Moussavi's supporters protested Ahmadinejad's declaration of victory, Bahari smuggled footage of the riots to the BBC. He was soon arrested by the Revolutionary Guard and -- led by a man known only as "Rosewater" -- was interrogated and tortured for 118 days.

Release date: November 14, 2014 (USA)
Director: Jon Stewart
Story by: Aimee Molloy, Maziar Bahari

IMBd

Truly sobering and hard to watch at times. It is difficult to believe that Bahari was so naive that he would think that he could film the riots.

His father had been imprisoned by the Shah for being a communist in the 1950's and his deceased sister was also imprisoned in Iran for 6-years, in the 1980's. She was also accused of being a communist.

The Iranians wanted him to confess that he was a spy for the CIA.

It is not uplifting but as his hallucination of his father tells him at one point:

What is more dangerous than the truth?

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2015, 08:50 AM   #2113
BestButchBoy

How Do You Identify?:
Male ID

Thanked 5,459 Times in 2,038 Posts
BestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST Reputation
Default Two Recently

And So It Goes
As far as I'm concerned, Dianne Keaton always delivers. Okay, it's a fluff film but with solid acting from two veterans. Plus, Keaton sings, and sings well. I liked it. Time worthy.

Big Men
Documentary. Interesting how much access this filmmaker got to CEOs of Kosmos and to officials in Africa, which leads me to think that it's a bit of a PR piece, which is fine, because ultimately it does a good job of educating people about oil, corruption, greed [domestic & foreign] in African resources and countries. It's time worthy.
BestButchBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BestButchBoy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2015, 09:41 AM   #2114
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,791 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Really terrific documentary about LA County USC Medical Center's ED.

Name: Code Black.

It refers to those (very frequent) times when the ED is so overcrowded that it is critical mass. They turn no one away for lack of money (or undocumented status) and are basically the place of last resort for those with nowhere else to go for healthcare.

The dedication of the ED physicians (and nurses) and their frustration with the state of US healthcare system was palpable.

Very much worth watching.

imbd review:

A notorious trauma bay in an inner-city E.R. earns its keep as the 'hurt locker of medicine' as new, idealistic and adrenaline-seeking doctors train in an environment akin to a war zone. When the hospital moves to a swank new building, the rush fades and bureaucracy gridlocks the state-of-the-art facility, and the doctors are faced with the unexpected realities of life and death in a safety-net health-care system on the brink of overload.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2015, 10:00 AM   #2115
cricket26

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
must be love on the brain

Thanked 4,249 Times in 1,297 Posts
cricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputation
Default cinderella

cricket26 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cricket26 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2015, 06:00 AM   #2116
Fancy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
N/A

Thanked 7,097 Times in 2,322 Posts
Fancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST Reputation

Oh we totally agree! We even had to sit through all the credits until the theater went dark just to keep the warm fuzzy feelings. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
It was quite delightful! They tweaked the story just a teensy tiny bit, which I liked. There was a little bit of moony overacting here and there but not enough to turn me off of the movie. Oh, and Helena Bonham Carter was adorable!

I also saw this movie tonight.

It was what I expected and I did laugh plus they feature Folsom. Bonus!

Fancy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fancy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2015, 12:11 AM   #2117
betruetoyoursoul

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She,Her,BabyGirl
Relationship Status:
On a Beautiful Journey regardless if I am single or coupled!

Thanked 2,397 Times in 1,093 Posts
betruetoyoursoul Has the BEST Reputationbetruetoyoursoul Has the BEST Reputationbetruetoyoursoul Has the BEST Reputationbetruetoyoursoul Has the BEST Reputationbetruetoyoursoul Has the BEST Reputationbetruetoyoursoul Has the BEST Reputationbetruetoyoursoul Has the BEST Reputationbetruetoyoursoul Has the BEST Reputationbetruetoyoursoul Has the BEST Reputationbetruetoyoursoul Has the BEST Reputationbetruetoyoursoul Has the BEST Reputation
Default Never Lose Focus

Director: Glenn Ficarra, John Requa
Writer: Glenn Ficarra, John Requa
Stars: Will Smith, Margot Robbie, Adrian Martinez, Gerald McRaney
Released Feb 27, 2015
Nicky Spurgeon is an extremely accomplished con man who takes an amateur con artist, Jess, under his wing. Nicky and Jess become romantically involved, and with Nicky's profession of being a liar and a cheater for a living, he realizes that deception and love are things that don't go together. They split, only to see each other three years later... And things get messy.

I am a Will Smith fan(full disclosure*). I enjoyed the movie and recommend it if you are looking for a bit of comedy, drama and crime. On the lighter side.
Old 03-22-2015, 02:02 AM   #2118
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,871 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1322306/

Exorcismus

4 out of 5 stars

Albert Einstein
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2015, 09:15 AM   #2119
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,768 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Last night, I wanted to watch something but not have to pay too much attention to it as I was doing other things so I got these two movies. One gave me exactly what I imagined it would and the other surprised me by making me watch it.

It's fun and fluffy but absolutely not worth all of the hysteria that it caused.

I actually really enjoyed this movie. There's heart and pain in it. It was good to see Tracy Morgan. This was his last project before his accident. Plus, there were a few cameos I didn't expect. Worth the time and attention I gave it.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2015, 02:28 PM   #2120
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

The Wrecking Crew (2008) Documentary, Music

A celebration of the musical work of a group of session musicians known as "The Wrecking Crew", a band that provided back-up instrumentals to such legendary recording artists as Sonny and Cher, The Beach Boys, Mama and Papas, Tina Sinatra, Herb Albert, and many more! If you remember these artists you'll enjoy this movie! For you who don't, excellent history lesson
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:

Tags
film, movie