Gráinne

How Do You Identify?:
Neither, nada, out of the box
Preferred Pronoun?:
My name always works
Relationship Status:
Happy whatever happens

Thanked 7,246 Times in 1,416 Posts
Gráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST Reputation

It sounds like a day to hunker in and stay warm . I've read that some folks can't open their doors!

In some way, it makes me nostalgic for Ohio.
Old 02-09-2013, 12:59 PM   #122
Metro

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,916 Times in 733 Posts
Metro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs down The Most Interesting and Cutest Blizzard In the World?

http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/album.php?u=3492

Still have power but my poor pup, when confronted w/ 30+ inches of snow, drifts, and 50mph gusts, has decided it's neither interesting nor cute to do her duty outside today -- and I don't blame her one bit.
Metro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 01:16 PM   #123
alexri

How Do You Identify?:
-

Thanked 2,799 Times in 468 Posts
alexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputation

Soooo... I may have underestimated my snowfall just a tad. I'm closer to 18 inches but still nowhere near as bad as some of the people in CT and MA that are around the 3 feet mark. I'm reading updates from friends on Facebook who are talking about downed trees and power lines.

Three hours outside shoveling (including breaks to rest) and I'm done... at least, until the plows come by and then rebury the driveway.

The forecast has rain coming in on Monday. That's a concern for anyone with a flat roof (garages, businesses, etc.) because the extra weight of the rain trapping into the already heavy snow could risk a collapse.
alexri is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to alexri For This Useful Post:
Old 02-09-2013, 01:28 PM   #124
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I couldnt open my car door and then when I DID get it open, all the snow that fell into my car kept me from closing it...lol

I am all shoveled out...from my work lot....Teddy is home digging out our car...rain on Monday will be a curse and a blessing...

Right now I'm just trying to warm back up...I was thigh deep in the snow...and my boots only go to my knees...
cinnamongrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to cinnamongrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 02-09-2013, 01:41 PM   #125
Teddybear

How Do You Identify?:
by my name
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 6,239 Times in 1,687 Posts
Teddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamongrrl563 View Post
I couldnt open my car door and then when I DID get it open, all the snow that fell into my car kept me from closing it...lol

I am all shoveled out...from my work lot....Teddy is home digging out our car...rain on Monday will be a curse and a blessing...

Right now I'm just trying to warm back up...I was thigh deep in the snow...and my boots only go to my knees...
i dont have boots and most of the snow is mid-thigh to hip deep and i havent made it tothe end of the drive yet getting ready to hit it again
Teddybear is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Teddybear For This Useful Post:
Old 02-09-2013, 02:15 PM   #126
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,310 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

I'm sitting just inside the glass door to my balcony, so the sun can wrap my legs.

Snow on the balcony over mine is melting and a stream of beads is hitting the iron railing and bouncing out like the prototype of a splash.

The street is packed down, white with patches of pavement showing through as the sun does it work, and navigable. Still, the woman with whom I am having a long-standing relationship feels it would be unwise for me to drive out to Long Island. I think she's right, but I would have braved it if she had needed me.

There's something coming down, too fast to be snow but too multi-directional to be rain. I've been on weather.gov educating myself about the vocabulary of weather. Apparently there is something at high altitudes called super-cold particles that are below freezing temperature, but don't freeze.

I picked out a few movies on pay per view to watch tonight. I thought about calling someone to meet for dinner or drinks or something but just don't feel motivated enough to pull it off. It's nice to sit in the warm sun by the window. I'm willing my pores to open to all the vitamin D coming my way.
Old 02-09-2013, 04:26 PM   #127
jac
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
butch stone
Preferred Pronoun?:
masculine ones work best...
Relationship Status:
♥ engaged to spritz ♥

Thanked 16,492 Times in 2,972 Posts
jac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputation

had to walk it home because city transit was not running and staff coming on duty were saying drivers were not doing so sporty on the roads. Walking sucked, I kid you not. The sidewalks were not plowed any better this afternoon than they were this morning.... so I walked in the street for severeal stretches of the way.

One of the boys was really concerned I had to walk home. He asked that I call and let them know I made it home safe... Damnit man, I love my job!!
jac is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to jac For This Useful Post:
Old 02-09-2013, 04:37 PM   #128
Teddybear

How Do You Identify?:
by my name
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him
Relationship Status:
single

Teddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST Reputation

well I have moved more then 2 tons of snow to dig out 1 car and get it turned around so all i have to do is drive out in the am.

IT will be a tight fit but ms cinn will be able to pull into the drive tonite she will just have to move it in the am so I can go to work tg it wont b like 3 am.

I will b glad when its all gone
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Teddybear For This Useful Post:
Old 02-09-2013, 04:40 PM   #129
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddybear View Post
well I have moved more then 2 tons of snow to dig out 1 car and get it turned around so all i hae to do is drive out in the am.

IT will be a tight fit but ms cinn will be able to pull into the drive tonite she will just have to move it in the am so I can go to work tg it wont b like 3 am.

I will b glad when its all gone
baby you are the bestest xoxoxooxxo

HERCULES HERCULES!!!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cinnamongrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 02-09-2013, 04:45 PM   #130
Teddybear

How Do You Identify?:
by my name
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him
Relationship Status:
single

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamongrrl563 View Post
baby you are the bestest xoxoxooxxo

HERCULES HERCULES!!!!
Baby just b careful when u pull in its close but u can do it

wait till u see the mounds of snow lining the driveway
The Following User Says Thank You to Teddybear For This Useful Post:
Old 02-09-2013, 05:22 PM   #131
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,310 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

Icicles are hanging from the Christmas lights strung on the railing of my balcony.
Old 02-09-2013, 06:22 PM   #132
ButchEire
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanent ban 3/17/2013 - TROLL
Relationship Status:
Partner to my best friend

Thanked 1,874 Times in 485 Posts
ButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST Reputation

ButchEire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ButchEire For This Useful Post:
Old 02-09-2013, 06:24 PM   #133
Dash
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
FtM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Dash Has the BEST ReputationDash Has the BEST ReputationDash Has the BEST ReputationDash Has the BEST ReputationDash Has the BEST ReputationDash Has the BEST ReputationDash Has the BEST ReputationDash Has the BEST ReputationDash Has the BEST ReputationDash Has the BEST ReputationDash Has the BEST Reputation

Times Square. the sidewalks are clear. its still beautiful.
But i need a flight out on sunday, here is hoping
Dash is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dash For This Useful Post:
Old 02-09-2013, 06:33 PM   #134
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddybear View Post
Baby just b careful when u pull in its close but u can do it

wait till u see the mounds of snow lining the driveway
Let's make a FORT! Surely it will be warmer than the house....lol mostly kidding...no not kidding at all....lol

Gosh times like this I wish my brother and sister were little again...whose kids can we borrow??? I need justification for snow frolicking...
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to cinnamongrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 02-09-2013, 08:36 PM   #135
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

We are fine, it missed us by about 50 miles. Tomorrow 42*
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 02-09-2013, 08:42 PM   #136
alexri

How Do You Identify?:
-

Thanked 2,799 Times in 468 Posts
alexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputation

Some of the snowfall measurements.

alexri is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to alexri For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2013, 01:43 PM   #137
ahk
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,579 Times in 2,649 Posts
ahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputation

I'm glad you all are okay.
ahk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ahk For This Useful Post:

Tags
nemo