Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 5/27/2011
Preferred Pronoun?:
hy ho, hy ho; he, she, it, whatever
Relationship Status:
Going slow ...

Thanked 2,958 Times in 953 Posts
waxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stearns View Post
Why they had a person dressed up as an airline pilot to pitch this stuff, I'll never know.

Coz of the Batman shadow?
Ok, ok, Corkey, I tried cleaning my glasses.
waxnrope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 04:53 PM   #62
Stearns

How Do You Identify?:
Trans Man
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Husband

Stearns Has the BEST ReputationStearns Has the BEST ReputationStearns Has the BEST ReputationStearns Has the BEST ReputationStearns Has the BEST ReputationStearns Has the BEST ReputationStearns Has the BEST ReputationStearns Has the BEST ReputationStearns Has the BEST ReputationStearns Has the BEST ReputationStearns Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixielady View Post
I don't think I really qualify as "geezerette" but i could be wrong, since I have serious issues with memory and spelling both...

And since y'all mentioned some of the old toys. What about those little weird "balloons" that you blew up with a tiny straw, from that junk that came in the little tube and usually had cartoon characters on the tubes? For the life of me I can't remember what they're called. I was never able to make a single balloon outta that crap... boo...

I think you're talking about Super Elastic Bubble Plastic.

You're not the only one it didn't work for. One woman blogged about how much she cried when it didn't do as advertised.

Just as a side note: Wiki says, "Chemically, the bubbles contained polyvinyl acetate dissolved in acetone, with plastic fortifiers added. Besides the obvious potential for messes when letting children play with liquid plastic, the substance also emitted noxious fumes. The fumes could become concentrated inside the straw, so users had to be careful never to inhale through the straw while inflating their balloons."

Maybe this is the reason for your memory and spelling issues at such a young age as yourself? j/k
Stearns is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Stearns For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2010, 04:54 PM   #63
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

You're not the only one it didn't work for. One woman blogged about how much she cried when it didn't do as advertised.

Just as a side note: Wiki says, "Chemically, the bubbles contained polyvinyl acetate dissolved in acetone, with plastic fortifiers added. Besides the obvious potential for messes when letting children play with liquid plastic, the substance also emitted noxious fumes. The fumes could become concentrated inside the straw, so users had to be careful never to inhale through the straw while inflating their balloons."

Maybe this is the reason for your memory and spelling issues at such a young age as yourself? j/k
That was some nasty shit
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2010, 04:57 PM   #64
waxnrope
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Going slow ...

waxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I don't think I really qualify as "geezerette" but i could be wrong, since I have serious issues with memory and spelling both...

And since y'all mentioned some of the old toys. What about those little weird "balloons" that you blew up with a tiny straw, from that junk that came in the little tube and usually had cartoon characters on the tubes? For the life of me I can't remember what they're called. I was never able to make a single balloon outta that crap... boo...
Don't fret, Diva. I laughed so at these posts that I started wheezing. While I took a plug on the inhaled, I thought of Geezer Wheezer.
Old 08-15-2010, 04:59 PM   #65
waxnrope
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Going slow ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkey View Post
That was some nasty shit
I used it and got high on it. They took it away.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to waxnrope For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2010, 04:59 PM   #66
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,407 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

A person could get high off the fumes from trying to make that balloon
Not to mention how sore your cheeks got from trying to form said balloon

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2010, 05:00 PM   #67
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Thanked 13,118 Times in 3,391 Posts
Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs down

Sea Monkeys--maybe I am just not maternal?

X-Ray Glasses--i saw nobody naked!
Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Soon For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2010, 05:00 PM   #68
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by waxnrope View Post
I used it and got high on it. They took it away.
I opened the package and my mom came running into my room and snatched it outta my hands. She was a nurse. Needless to say drugs were never an issue growing up.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2010, 05:02 PM   #69
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowSoonIsNow View Post

All those records on the packages of cereal, yea 45lp and they never worked.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2010, 05:06 PM   #70
waxnrope
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Going slow ...

What was this thread?
I'm coming back to this thread in my next life as Wheezer the Geezer.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to waxnrope For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2010, 05:09 PM   #71
waxnrope
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Going slow ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkey View Post
All those records on the packages of cereal, yea 45lp and they never worked.
Some of the prizes in the Cracker Jack boxes were pretty crappy.
Old 08-15-2010, 05:10 PM   #72
Stearns

How Do You Identify?:
Trans Man
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Husband

Stearns Has the BEST ReputationStearns Has the BEST ReputationStearns Has the BEST ReputationStearns Has the BEST ReputationStearns Has the BEST ReputationStearns Has the BEST ReputationStearns Has the BEST ReputationStearns Has the BEST ReputationStearns Has the BEST ReputationStearns Has the BEST ReputationStearns Has the BEST Reputation
Default TopsyTurvy Tomato Planter FAIL

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBeingMe View Post
I hear the TopsyTurvy is not a good one as thought. My aunt and uncle bought one, and it rotted the roots from their tomato plant growing in it. That happened to a friend of mine too. I think it may be a problem of some sort.
Really good to know. I had thought about buying one of these, too.
Old 08-15-2010, 05:19 PM   #73
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I went to Walgreen's to purchase one of those things, aspirations, that you use to suck out mucous from a baby's nose. None of the stores (Cvs, etc) carry the larger, single unit bulb any more. I use them for cleaning ears of adults. Anyway, I got this small, two piece job that leaked at the connection when you squeezed the Dang bulb
Now I am sure that a load of ya will find this useful.
Dude, I think that for this game to work you have to give the name of the product/brand. Was it Walgreen's brand or another brand?

<----doesn't think wax should be able to play this game if hy doesn't follow the rules

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2010, 05:26 PM   #74
Stearns

How Do You Identify?:
Trans Man
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Husband

Quote:

Yep, total rip-off. I tried to raise mine in the bathtub. My mother was not pleased.

Quote:
I had to order these on the sly. Another waste of hard-earned allowance money.
The Following User Says Thank You to Stearns For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2010, 05:36 PM   #75
Stearns

How Do You Identify?:
Trans Man
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Husband

Quote:
What was this thread?
I'm coming back to this thread in my next life as Wheezer the Geezer.
Soon keeps threatening to have Linus change the name of this thread. Don't give her any more ideas for names, will ya?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stearns For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2010, 05:43 PM   #76
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by durrrrrrrr View Post
hi, my name is durrrrrrrr and i am an geezer. lol.

in my opinion, dont buy for vehicle wax "turtle wax ice"

luckily i only did a small section of the truck cuz it was terrible
Quote:
left a bad impression on the paint job. meaning, small scratches from rubbing damn hard to get the paste off the paint.
Quote:
ayup, that was it. i forgot you originally asked for pics bro
durrrrrr, what did you use to remove/buff the wax? Could it have been the cloth that made the scratches? Always Microfiber!

Recently, I used some Mother's sealant (Sorry, Stearns, don't know how to post pics), and it was terrible to try to get off the car. I was so glad I did a general test area, first. Usually I never use Mother's and it was sitting around for a year, never used, so maybe that was the problem.

durrrrr, If you want to get that wax off and fix the very slight scratches, try using this stuff: http://www.autogeek.net/wg2000.html and then rewax with something else.

<---wondering if anyone would actually post on a car detailing thread if I started one.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2010, 05:54 PM   #77
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:

I LOVED this shit...and personally, I was damn good at it! The secret was in how you put the blob of goop onto the straw.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2010, 06:07 PM   #78
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Danm! The x-ray glasses don't work! Phooey!

AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2010, 06:09 PM   #79
waxnrope
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Going slow ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
Dude, I think that for this game to work you have to give the name of the product/brand. Was it Walgreen's brand or another brand?

<----doesn't think wax should be able to play this game if hy doesn't follow the rules

Oh, geez. A goodie do-right. Dap, my bro, what rules? And, given the admittedly geezer status, do you expect me to remember the name of an infants nasal snot sucker? Hell, I did good just remembering that bit.
Where's my cane? Blasted young whipper snapper. Of. I should be careful about mentioning canes around here!
J/K, Dapper.
The Following User Says Thank You to waxnrope For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2010, 06:19 PM   #80
Stearns

How Do You Identify?:
Trans Man
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Husband

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
I LOVED this shit...and personally, I was damn good at it! The secret was in how you put the blob of goop onto the straw.
Too bad they took it off the market because of all the kids like (I won't mention any names, waxnrope, , were getting high off it. You coulda given lessons to all the SuperElasticBubblePlastic failures, uh, consumers, uh, buyers.
The Following User Says Thank You to Stearns For This Useful Post: