Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Religion, Spirituality, Mysticism

Old 10-14-2011, 01:08 PM   #101
foxyshaman

How Do You Identify?:
spiritually minded dirt dog

Thanked 2,593 Times in 663 Posts
foxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Scarlett View Post
i love chrysocolla and moqui balls too and have several pieces...

Some of my other inventory:

spheres: fluorite, amethyst, rainbow obsidian, sodalite, serpentine, clear quartz, selenite, unakite, rose quartz, bloodstone, jet

obelisks: amethyst, citrine, clear and phantom quartz

wands: labradorite, amethyst, rose quartz, yellow jasper, tiger eye, selenite

loose pieces: lepidolite, amethyst, jet, jaspers, unakite, kyanite (blue, green, black, moldavite, tektite, lava, obsifian, sodalite, bloodstone, citrine, turquoise, lapis, smoky quartz (cathedral), blue lace agate, calcite (honey, blue, green, orange, red, white, clear), malachite, meteorites, snow quartz, rose quartz, carnelian, aventurine (green, blue, red), tiger eye (gold, red blue), tourmaline (black, watermelon, pink, blue, yellow), garnet (red, clear, green)

my most recent acquisitions; apache tears (i tend to give these away), a huge hunk of azurite, herkimers and several fluorite octahedrons

i moved recently and am dedicating the second bedroom in my apartment to my crystals and i'm going to use a long white marble for the larger altar. i'm hoping to acquire a large amethyst geode when i have several hundred extra dollars that is...LOL

Wow you have an amazing collection of stones. Absolutely amazing. Flourite took me a while to get used to. I could sense it as soon as someone walked into circle with it on them, or if they came to my healing room with it on them. I couldn't touch it for a few years. I find it, and give it away. Except for these two beautiful pieces that are sssssooooo ddddeeeeeeppppp purple they are incredible. But, I learnt that you cannot leave flourite in moon water indefinately because it does affect the clarity of the stone.

I am sure they appreciate that you dedicate a room, lovingly, to them. I think that is quite lovely.

Muriel Strode
foxyshaman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to foxyshaman For This Useful Post:
Old 10-15-2011, 10:25 AM   #102
Ebon

How Do You Identify?:
With my souls eyes.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
lol

Thanked 11,145 Times in 2,755 Posts
Ebon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST Reputation

So I've decided to create a positive vortex of energy in our house by linking crystals together using clear quartz and amethyst. Any other suggestions for this. Something that would vibe well with two people.

I'm a Soul Rebel

http://wannabereverend.wordpress.com/

Spirituality is not a belief system or ideology, it is the surrender of one's ego to the infinite wisdom and knowledge that is the universe.
Ebon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ebon For This Useful Post:
Old 10-15-2011, 11:09 AM   #103
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Thanked 13,992 Times in 2,595 Posts
Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebon View Post
So I've decided to create a positive vortex of energy in our house by linking crystals together using clear quartz and amethyst. Any other suggestions for this. Something that would vibe well with two people.
I so wish y'all were here at the bash.

I enjoy rose quartz for sure. I haven't intentionally made this sort of vortex but as I've aquired more and more little stones and roots and herbs and candles and oils and plants etc etc it does seem to affect the energy. I might need reminding after the weekend but I have lots of ideas.

For now though I just thought I'd mention there's a gem show in Austin next weekend so if y'all wanna find some good stuff at reasonable prices, (prices vary booth to booth - magpie gems was very reasonably priced and as staffed by a very cute mohawked baby-butch who I'm sure would love to see y'all's cute selves at her booth. Also she was honest (she was at the Temple show last week) when I asked her about whether certain stones might have been dyed.

Anyway here's the info on the show and I'll try to remember to come back on here once back in Texas.

Austin Gem and Mineral Show "Gem Capers" ~ Austin, Texas
Oct 21-23, Fri 9am-5pm, Sat 10am-6pm, Sun 10am-5pm.
Palmer Events Center
900 Barton Springs Road
Austin, TX 78704

- Bjork

What is to give light must endure burning.

-Viktor Frankl
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nat For This Useful Post:
Old 10-15-2011, 07:40 PM   #104
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Thanked 12,949 Times in 3,419 Posts
Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyshaman View Post
So, other than looking pretty, what do you use your stones for? If I may ask that is.
i just noticed i had not answered this question...

i use mine for healing, protection, divination, scrying and magic (though i don't really care for the term). Some are teachers and others are just good friends...
Miss Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Miss Scarlett For This Useful Post:
Old 10-15-2011, 07:55 PM   #105
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebon View Post
Ebon, be sure you not only cleanse the crystals but yourself and the space where you are creating this grid.

For harmony in your home you could use a heart shaped grid alternating rose quartz and amethyst or you use a figure 8 shaped grid of rose quartz and clear quartz points with a large piece of rose quart (heart shape is good but not required) at the intersection.

Whenever i set up a grid i meditate on its purpose and set the stones as i feel led. Don't forget to honor the stones and charge your grid when finished.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Miss Scarlett For This Useful Post:
Old 10-15-2011, 08:28 PM   #106
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,688 Times in 7,716 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I go to Western NC..to a gem mine there...I have to look at name of it...they have 5 gal buckets and it is awesome what all you will find there! I have emeralds, rubies (native to that area), quartz, sapphires, rose quartz, moonstone, smoky quartz, clear quartz, garnets, tiger eye, black onyx, tourmaline, amethyst (lots of it in varying shades) to name a few. You can buy the buckets and take with you..along with a screen box ($$). They will cut the stones. My wife & I went 5 months before she passed..and she found eleven stones we had cut. The biggest is a 6.72 ct. sapphire. She has 3 and 4 ct. emeralds...sadly she didn;t get to see them..they arrievd the day she passed away. I have a ruby she found and had cut for me a ring and an emerald I found and had cut for her b day stone.. I have mined in that area for about 30+ years. Cowee Valley....LOVE it. Arwen if you have never gone, do go..I have also mined up in Dahlonega (NW Ga) a few years. I prefer Cowee Valley best...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwen View Post
I turn 50 in March. This is SO going on my birthday list! What a fabulous idea.

Memory retention would be citrine. Also good for writer's blocks. It's often called the student's stone because it helps you focus.

Old 10-15-2011, 09:16 PM   #107
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by claybaby View Post
I go to Western NC..to a gem mine there...I have to look at name of it...they have 5 gal buckets and it is awesome what all you will find there! I have emeralds, rubies (native to that area), quartz, sapphires, rose quartz, moonstone, smoky quartz, clear quartz, garnets, tiger eye, black onyx, tourmaline, amethyst (lots of it in varying shades) to name a few. You can buy the buckets and take with you..along with a screen box ($$). They will cut the stones. My wife & I went 5 months before she passed..and she found eleven stones we had cut. The biggest is a 6.72 ct. sapphire. She has 3 and 4 ct. emeralds...sadly she didn;t get to see them..they arrievd the day she passed away. I have a ruby she found and had cut for me a ring and an emerald I found and had cut for her b day stone.. I have mined in that area for about 30+ years. Cowee Valley....LOVE it. Arwen if you have never gone, do go..I have also mined up in Dahlonega (NW Ga) a few years. I prefer Cowee Valley best...
Are you talking about Rose Creek or Sheffield?
Old 10-15-2011, 09:18 PM   #108
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Neither...I use to go to Bonanza...but th eowner died years ago..I go to the one in Cowee Valley now...I can't remember name of it..dang it...sorry..it will come to me though (senior moment) lol....its in Bryson City going towards Murphy,NC...is that Hwy 64...I think...west...it is on left going west, down in a deep hole almost...lol...these are springing up all NC now...it's a craze...lol....I used to go to one in Dahlonega where folks could pan for gold also..had a campground to it...way out in sticks..to snaky for me...me and those rattlers do NOT geehaw too good...lol
Quote:
Are you talking about Rose Creek or Sheffield?
Old 10-15-2011, 09:26 PM   #109
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Neither...I use to go to Bonanza...but th eowner died years ago..I go to the one in Cowee Valley now...I can't remember name of it..dang it...sorry..it will come to me though (senior moment) lol
i wonder if that's the mine the family of my ex's ex owned...
The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Scarlett For This Useful Post:
Old 10-15-2011, 09:28 PM   #110
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Member Photo Albums

George ran it for the old lady...and it was the first place I ever mined..way back in early 80's...my GF at time lived up in Franklin..worked at Angel Community Hosp. in lab..as phlebotamist...smiles...those were the great days...we went up every weekend and mined...then I found this place in Bryson City years later...and LOVE it....
Quote:
i wonder if that's the mine the family of my ex's ex owned...
Old 10-15-2011, 09:43 PM   #111
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Quote:
George ran it for the old lady...and it was the first place I ever mined..way back in early 80's...my GF at time lived up in Franklin..worked at Angel Community Hosp. in lab..as phlebotamist...smiles...those were the great days...we went up every weekend and mined...then I found this place in Bryson City years later...and LOVE it....
i'm absolutely dying to get my paws in the dirt up in Franklin...planned to this year but never got the chance...did get to Franklin though but only stopped in one of the shops there...perhaps next summer...i also want to go up on Chambers Mountain and look for kyanite...i've got a huge hunk from there but it was a gift from the owner of the rock shop over in Maggie Valley.
The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Scarlett For This Useful Post:
Old 10-15-2011, 10:36 PM   #112
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Has anyone worked with a Chrysanthemum stone? What has been your experience? i have one but have been letting it rest since it followed me home...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miss Scarlett For This Useful Post:
Old 10-15-2011, 11:28 PM   #113
Trey339

How Do You Identify?:
Gq Butch Dom
Preferred Pronoun?:
Trey

Trey339 Has the BEST ReputationTrey339 Has the BEST ReputationTrey339 Has the BEST ReputationTrey339 Has the BEST ReputationTrey339 Has the BEST ReputationTrey339 Has the BEST ReputationTrey339 Has the BEST ReputationTrey339 Has the BEST ReputationTrey339 Has the BEST ReputationTrey339 Has the BEST ReputationTrey339 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Has anyone worked with a Chrysanthemum stone? What has been your experience? i have one but have been letting it rest since it followed me home...
I have a really nice one that Ive just 'let be',,,,Ive always felt as if theres some sort of air and earth elemental energy attached to it,,so Ive just let her dance *laughing,,,the flower does look very fairyish tho
Trey339 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 07:38 AM   #114
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey339 View Post
I have a really nice one that Ive just 'let be',,,,Ive always felt as if theres some sort of air and earth elemental energy attached to it,,so Ive just let her dance *laughing,,,the flower does look very fairyish tho
LOL...yes they do look rather "fairyish". Your observation of air and earth energies is interesting...i'm an air sign and from what i've learned in reading about this stone it's associated with air and earth signs (though not mine). i love the happiness i feel when holding or even just looking at mine and plan to meditate with it if/when it calls me...
Old 10-16-2011, 11:16 AM   #115
Trey339

How Do You Identify?:
Gq Butch Dom
Preferred Pronoun?:
Trey

Trey339 Has the BEST ReputationTrey339 Has the BEST ReputationTrey339 Has the BEST ReputationTrey339 Has the BEST ReputationTrey339 Has the BEST ReputationTrey339 Has the BEST ReputationTrey339 Has the BEST ReputationTrey339 Has the BEST ReputationTrey339 Has the BEST ReputationTrey339 Has the BEST ReputationTrey339 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
LOL...yes they do look rather "fairyish". Your observation of air and earth energies is interesting...i'm an air sign and from what i've learned in reading about this stone it's associated with air and earth signs (though not mine). i love the happiness i feel when holding or even just looking at mine and plan to meditate with it if/when it calls me...
well Ive never seen much info about this particular stone,,,,tho I also know that its mined near water (a dam)as well ,,,so theres a water connection,,,comes from china,,,, missing the fire connection yet, now Im gonna go find that stone,,,,may even take a snap of it,,,woot!
Trey339 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 11:37 AM   #116
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey339 View Post
well Ive never seen much info about this particular stone,,,,tho I also know that its mined near water (a dam)as well ,,,so theres a water connection,,,comes from china,,,, missing the fire connection yet, now Im gonna go find that stone,,,,may even take a snap of it,,,woot!
Did a bit of Googling this morning and unearthed this info from the Colorado Gem and Mineral Company site:

Chrysanthemum Stone - Hunan Province
Large pointed pattern. Chrysanthemum Stone Geologic History: In the Mesozoic Era, deposition of a thick strata of mud rich in organic materials including flora and fauna occurred at the bottom of a sea. Calcium Carbonate (Calcite) and abundant Strontium Sulphate (Celestite) precipitated in the ooze at the bottom. As the layers were compacted, these sediments were buried by continuous deposition of more mud. At these lower depths it allowed radial growth of celestite formations that remained as patterns in the solidified limestone. Today the material is found as boulders in a river and then broken open by workers and subsequently trimmed of excess rock and sometimes worked by artisans into ornate sculptures.
Old 10-16-2011, 11:45 AM   #117
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

From Doreen Virtue's "Crystal Therapy" the healing properties and message of the Chrysanthemum Stone are:

"This is the stone of change. It expands compatibility, building unity through fun and innocence. In addition, it removes obstructions, and helps you start or continue moving toward your goals."

"Expect the unexpected with me. For as an elemental takes pleasure in the mischief of change, so do I. (Perhaps that's why fairies peek out, showing their wings in my blossoms.) Change without pain is possible, and I'm here to prove it. Visualize what you want, and I will work with you. Don't be surprised if I add a little gift. Laughter is joy spoken out loud. Remember the curiousity you felt as a child? Nothing was unquestionable or unchangeable - that is still the truth. You created the change. What will it be?"
Old 10-16-2011, 11:56 AM   #118
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nat View Post

I enjoy rose quartz for sure. I haven't intentionally made this sort of vortex but as I've aquired more and more little stones and roots and herbs and candles and oils and plants etc etc it does seem to affect the energy. I might need reminding after the weekend but I have lots of ideas.

For now though I just thought I'd mention there's a gem show in Austin next weekend so if y'all wanna find some good stuff at reasonable prices, (prices vary booth to booth - magpie gems was very reasonably priced and as staffed by a very cute mohawked baby-butch who I'm sure would love to see y'all's cute selves at her booth. Also she was honest (she was at the Temple show last week) when I asked her about whether certain stones might have been dyed.

Anyway here's the info on the show and I'll try to remember to come back on here once back in Texas.

Palmer Events Center
900 Barton Springs Road
Austin, TX 78704
i'm always making grids, layouts, medicine wheels, etc. as i feel led. Moving them to my crystal room will help keep my curious little kitty from making her own "adjustments" to them....though there have been a few times when her change actually improved the layout.

The Austin show sounds amazing! i would love to be able to go to something like this...but again, my wallet would require a chaperone...LOL
Old 10-17-2011, 05:19 PM   #119
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Couple of clarifications upon review of my earlier posts...

my smoky quartz is an elestial not a cathedral (brain hiccup)

The mine owned by the family of my ex's ex was Mason's Ruby Mine...i've got several rather large rubies, garnets and sapphires from there. Since i live in NC i am rather partial to native specimens.

Does anyone also work with sacred soil/sand? i especially treasure the soil given to me from Canyon de Chelly along with soil and rocks from the Grand Canyon...
Old 10-18-2011, 07:17 AM   #120
Ebon

How Do You Identify?:
With my souls eyes.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
lol

Thanked 11,145 Times in 2,755 Posts
Ebon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nat View Post

Palmer Events Center
900 Barton Springs Road
Austin, TX 78704
Going to check out the show on Sunday. I'm excited!

I'm a Soul Rebel

http://wannabereverend.wordpress.com/

Spirituality is not a belief system or ideology, it is the surrender of one's ego to the infinite wisdom and knowledge that is the universe.
Ebon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gemstones, healing, metaphysical, spiritual, stones