Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > LGBT Activism, Allies, ETC.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-02-2010, 01:18 PM   #1
Hokie Girl

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian

Hokie Girl has a reputation beyond reputeHokie Girl has a reputation beyond reputeHokie Girl has a reputation beyond reputeHokie Girl has a reputation beyond reputeHokie Girl has a reputation beyond reputeHokie Girl has a reputation beyond reputeHokie Girl has a reputation beyond reputeHokie Girl has a reputation beyond reputeHokie Girl has a reputation beyond reputeHokie Girl has a reputation beyond reputeHokie Girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Lesbian Health Survey- Can you help this PhD Student?? PLEASE!!

Did you know overweight and obesity influence the onset of other chronic diseases, such as diabetes, stroke, heart disease, osteoarthritis,
as well as breast and colon cancer?

I am a PhD student at Virginia Tech, in the Department of Human Nutrition, Foods, & Exercise. My focus is in behavioral science, that is nutrition
and physical activity habits, as they influence overweight and obesity. My dissertation, specifically, is dedicated to the investigation of overweight/obesity within the lesbian community. As a lesbian, this is a topic about which I am passionately dedicated to making a difference, and conducting this study is one way I can make a positive contribution in my community. But, to do so, I need your help!

HERE IS HOW YOU CAN HELP:
Our community is an extremely difficult population to identify and to research. As a result, not much is known about our health and wellness behaviors, rendering us particularly vulnerable when it comes to treating illness and disease. My hope is that my dissertation findings will be a starting point for addressing important health issues within the lesbian community. As such, if you would be willing to take the following anonymous survey (it will take approximately 30 mins) regarding your leisure-time activities and eating habits that would be great. Additionally, if you would be willing to pass it along to other lesbian friends and family, that would be sincerely appreciated! My hope is recruit 250 respondents; and, currently I have about 80 respondents.

Lastly, although most importantly, THANK YOU!

The survey can be found at the following link:
http://www.surveymethods.com/EndUser...CCD687C6D5D086
Hokie Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hokie Girl For This Useful Post: